Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ A Renewed Being ❯ The Diagnosis ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own GW(wish I did), but I do own two OC's that will appear later.
Pairings: Uh...not sure. I plan on having eventual 3+5/5+3, and the alternate pairing of 4+R, but I don't know about the others. I may just keep them single.
Warnings: Angst, and eventual OOC on Trowa's part. /.../ means thought.
 
 
 
A Renewed Being Chapter 3: The Diagnosis
 
Waking up startled, Wufei looked to the arm he was resting on, and tried to rationalize whether or not he had just imagined it's movement. He then gasped as it moved again, though just barely. Finally looking to the side, he found Trowa's eyes to be open, and a faint smile was forming on his lips.
 
"Trowa? Trowa! You're awake," he whispered, relief filling his voice. About to attempt speech, the Latin boy stopped himself, as someone else entered the room.
 
"Heero! He's awake! He's finally awake," the Chinese boy then said in greeting. Nodding, the Japanese youth said, with a small smile, "I'll alert the others."
 
It wasn't long before he returned, along with a doctor to check up on Trowa. He tested his main ligaments, and came to the conclusion that he needed to stay for rehabilitation. This was expected, and having all ready been discussed a year ago, the raven haired boy volunteered to stay and help his friend get better.
 
"The others will be here as soon as they can. In the meantime, Wufei, you should rest," Heero suggested, once the three were left alone. Shaking his head, he responded with, "I can't, especially since he's awake now."
 
"He's not going into therapy this instant, and the last thing we need is for you to fall asleep on him," the Japanese youth persisted. About to reply, the other Asian was stopped short when Trowa was finally able to say, "Rest."
 
"Trowa...Are you sure you'll be okay?" Nodding slowly, the green-eyed boy watched as his love obeyed and left the room. Then, looking to his other friend, he asked, his voice dry, "Can I have some water?"
 
"Yeah, give me a second." Getting him a small glass of water, Heero watched calmly as his friend drank it down. Sighing, the Latin boy stated, "Thank you. My throat feels much better."
 
"Glad to be of service," the Japanese boy said in return, and put away the glass.
 
"How's everyone," Trowa asked, trying to move his arms a bit more. Taking a slow breath, the blue-eyed boy tried to come up with a way to explain everything that happened within the past few years in one paragraph.
 
An hour or so later, Wufei had arrived home, and sat on his couch. He couldn't believe it; that his love had woken up. He was granted the oppertunity to tell his feelings once again. Yet he knew he couldn't announce them. No, the moment had to be perfect, the setting just right, and the right timing.
 
Laying down, the Chinese boy began to contemplate how he was going to admit his love for Trowa. And the thought of it, led him to a peaceful sleep.
 
"Come on, you can do it," the raven-haired boy encouraged, as the green-eyed boy tried to stand on his own. With a little support from his friend and a nurse, he was able to do so on shaky legs. Carefully walking him over to the wall railing, the Latin boy was given the chance to practice.
 
/I'm grateful it's just my legs that need help, and not something else, / Trowa thought as he took one small step at a time. Indeed, it could've been a lot worse for him. He could've died, become handicapped, a vegetable, or worse, stayed in a coma for the rest of his life.
 
It also helped that he had a friend there, giving him the support he needed to improve. Though it was quite easy for him to imagine not having someone there. Being left to do things on your own. It was sad what thoughts went into his mind while pondering his past solitude during the war.
 
Observing his friend's progress, the Chinese boy asked the nurse, "How much longer will he have to stay?"
 
"It shouldn't be too much longer," she replied calmly. Beaming inside, Wufei only let a slight smile show up on his face.
 
He planned on having Trowa live with him after he got out of the hospital. In his apartment they'd be able to get to know one another better, and become the best of friends; if not lovers.
 
/No wait, that may be too fast. What if he finds out I like him and is disgusted? Or what if he doesn't see me in that way? Damn it, now everything has become complicated! Why can't one of us be a girl, / he thought with frustration, but didn't show it on his face.
 
He'd have to handle things carefully, and slowly. That way no boundries are broken or feelings hurt. His first concern would have to be getting his friend to walk again. Then he'd offer if he'd like to live with him.
 
Feeling a sudden tap to his shoulder, Wufei realized they were taking Trowa back to his room to rest. He assisted in getting the Latin boy into bed, and then into a sitting position.
 
"I'll be right back with some food," the nurse asserted with a smile, and left the two of them alone for a moment. Taking this as a cue, the raven-haired boy asked, "Trowa, would you like to live with me?"
 
The green-eyed boy knew he would be asked, but he didn't expect it this quickly. So a little surprised and unsure of himself, he replied, "I guess. If it isn't too much trouble?"
 
"No, it's no trouble at all. I mean, the circus is touring the colonies right now, and I have plenty of room to house you, until they come back," Wufei explained. He didn't want to sound demanding, or leave him with no choice but to stay with him permenantly. No one liked to be confined.
 
"I see. Well then, my answer is yes. But I promise to earn my keep," the Latin boy responded. They both then shook hands on it, and the Asian let a full smile escape onto his face.
 
/He's so beautiful when he smiles...wait, did I just agree to live with him, / Trowa thought with shock and horror. He liked the idea of living with the one he loved, but he was afraid of screwing things up between them.
 
What if he said or did the wrong thing? What if Wufei found out about his feelings? Would he be kicked out, or merely ignored? Who knows what chaos would be unleashed within that apartment.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *
Sorry for this chapter being so short, but I kept running into dead ends, and I didn't want it to get boring. I'm also sorry for taking so long, but I had some stuff written here that would make one say, 'now what are the odds of that happening?' So I deleted and rewrote. Anyway, hope you guys are liking this so far. Wish me luck on writing the next chapter!
 
Oh, and if there are any spelling or grammar mistakes, I'm sorry, but I was using someone elses very old computer when I wrote this, and they didn't have spell check.