Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ A Thin Line Between Love and War ❯ The Sixth Gundam Pilot ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"A Thin Line Between Love and War"

A Gundam Wing Fic

By:

Shinimegami­_Grimm

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Gundam Wing!!!! See below for ownership. I only own some of the characters… meh, you'll see. Noticing the title, it revolves around a Lieutenant who does not like to fight any more, but she is trapped, along with her Gundam too. All of her worries disappear once she saw Duo Maxwell up close… and brings back a tragic past.

Setting:

Takes place after the final episode, before "Endless Waltz" movie/OVA series. Hidden deep in space, an isolated space colony is anything but a beautiful place, mostly a no man's land, where the military rule and work on their own. Having heard of peace between Earth and the space colonies, this particular colony was out-rage, because they don't believe any peace would settle a war, but violence. For history reference, this land was used for past battlefields between this colony and others.

~*Chapter One: The Sixth Gundam Pilot*~

Begins as a Mobile Suit was training and attacking the dummy holograms. The pilot inside of the MS is a girl, of unordinary strengths and brains, due to the sheer size of the great sword that is being wielded.

Crewman 1- "Training complete. Ready to shut down the Gundam?"

Pilot- "Yes, Sarah…. Shutting down Grand Knight."

Two officials of importance were watching over the training grounds, after their prized Mobile Suit completed its training. A soldier reported a situation and it may be the perfect time to do something.

Admiral Ezakiya- "Commander Kyubei."

Com. Kyubei- "Yes, sir?"

Adm. Ezakiya- "Fetch Lieutenant Nishimura. Tell her to report here."

Com. Kyubei- "Yes, sir."

As soon as the commander leaves, the Admiral remembers…

~*FLASHBACK- 5 years ago…*~

Then Captain Ezakiya was with a very thin 10-year-old girl…

Cap. Ezakiya- "I'm sorry about your grandmother. For now on, I'll be your parent, do you understand?"

???- "Yes, sir…"

Cap. Ezakiya- "Tell me, Ayako. Are you interested into Mobile Suits?"

Ayako- "I had some interest into them…"

Cap. Ezakiya- "I see."

Then, a Private came into the conference room.

???- ((stance)) "Private Bunzo Akita reporting about the "Gundanium Mission", sir."

Cap. Ezakiya- ((stance)) "At ease, Private. The mission?"

Pri. Akita- "Successful. We manage to steal the remaining Gundanium alloy from the scientists. Unfortunately, we suffered some casualties from their forces."

Cap. Ezakiya- "I see. The men who has fallen had not died in vein. Job well done to you and the survivors. You will be rewarded. Dismissed." ((stance))

Pri. Akita- ((stance)) - "Yes, sir. Thank you, sir." *Leaves*

Ayako- "Um.... can I ask something?"

Cap. Ezakiya- "Go ahead."

Ayako- "Um… what's Gundanium alloy?

Cap. Ezakiya- "A rare metal. My dear, have you ever heard of a `Gundam'?"

Ayako- "….no. sir…"

Cap. Ezakiya- "Gundam are legendary machines of power and used for taking over the inhabitants of the Earth. Since these `Gundam' are created from the alloy, we're..."

Ayako- "Going to… create a Gundam?!"

Cap. Ezakiya- "That is correct."

Ayako- "…."

~*END FLASHBACK*~

Adm. Ezakiya- "My choice of a Gundam pilot was right." *smirks*

~*Training Grounds*~

The pilot came out of the Mobile Suit, with the help of her crewmen… Com. Kyubei shows up.

Com. Kyubei- "Lt. Nishimura."

The pilot who came out of the Suit came up to the commander.

Lt. Nishimura- ((stance)) "Sir."

Com. Kyubei- ((stance)) "Admiral Ezakiya wishes to see you in the conference room."

Lt. Nishimura- "Yes, sir, I'm on my way."

She grabs her uniform jacket and heads to the room with her repair crew behind her…

Lt. Nishimura- (thinks- `Lt. Nishimura, this is your mission: KILL MORE PEOPLE!'… blah, blah, blah… In every mission I have to take, more innocence than targets get killed, because of me. But I'm stuck in the rut. There's no way the Admiral will let me free.)

She arrives at the room.

Lt. Nishimura- ((stance)) "Lt. Ayako Nishimura here, sir."

Adm. Ezakiya- ((stance)) "At ease, Lt. As you might guess, I do have a mission for you. Remember when the Earth and the space colonies declare peace?"

Lt. Nishimura- "Yes…"

Adm. Ezakiya- "That kind of ending the war makes the human beings weak. This is our chance to prove those low life scum what the military is made out of. This is your mission: Apparently, you're not the only one who can pilot a Gundam."

Lt. Nishimura- "I'm well aware of that, sir."

Adm. Ezakiya- "They are the ones that used to fight against the Earth's military. Then, they decide not to fight any more due to peace declared. Those type of actions are a coward's way out. To even our chances for domination, I want you to destroy their Gundams! Kill the pilots if you must. Dismissed."

Lt. Nishimura- "Yes, sir."

Adm. Ezakiya- "I'll have your repair crew get the things and the Grand Knight ready."

~*Ayako*~

Ayako sits in a chair in her quarters, thinking…

Ayako- "So I'm forced to kill again? *sigh* Life sucks. I wonder where I'm going? And… Are those Gundams similar to mine???"

Crewman 1- "Miss Ayako! Let's go!"

Ayako- "Coming!"

They board and have a huge capsule for Ayako's Gundam. Ayako was with her repair crew when they launch out to space… She feels uneasy…

Crewman 2- "Miss Ayako? Are you okay?"

Ayako- "I don't wanna do this… I hate the fighting… More innocent people die more often…"

Crewman 3- "Life sucks, I presume?"

Ayako- "Yeah."

Crewman 2- "We're lifting off, Miss Ayako."

Ayako- *sigh* "Understood. We're we heading anyway?"

Crewman 1- "According to the scouts, the closest one is… on L2-C8923… in a junkyard hideout."

Ayako- "That's a hiding place? Well, whatever… Let us go now…"

Crewmen 2- "….. yes, Miss Ayako…"

The shuttle moves towards the colony where the Gundam was supposed to be…

~*~

((Gundam Wing, its characters and plot © Sotsu Agency/Bandai/Sunrise. Ayako and Grand Knight © Shinimegami_Grimm))