Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ A Thin Line Between Love and War ❯ The Life of a Young Luitenent ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*Chapter Four- The Life of a Young Lieutenant*~

I still dun own Gundam Wing. For Disclaimer that's proper, see Chapter 1.

Ayako- "That's bad."

I dun own Duo or the other hot pilots (so I have a crush on `em. SUE ME!)

Ayako- "That's very bad…"

But I own Ayako, her Gundam and the repair crew that's gonna be introduced.

Ayako- "Which it's kinda good. ON WITH IT!"

~*~

Starts as Duo was carrying the wounded Ayako to the med room with the other pilots on his tail, trying to help him. Then, three exhausted figures catch up to them.

???- "MISS AYAKO!!!"

???- "Oh my God… what happened?!"

Duo- "Wait a sec! Who're you guys?!"

???- "You can trust us. We're Miss Ayako's repair crew and friends. I'm Sarah Lowell, that big guy is Huwy Walter and the other is Ben Brightman."

Huwy- "This is our most beloved friend. Please let us help you."

Ben- "We might need the person that can probably tell us where the equipment is…"

Duo- "I'll just go with you guys!!! She's in danger!"

Sarah- "We know and there's no more time to lose!!!"

Duo follows the crew, leaving the other pilots behind…

Heero- "Humph. That's mostly Duo, always having to play hero."

Wufei- "Whatever. I'm gonna check out her Gundam." *leaves*

Quatre- "Wouldn't that be invading privacy?"

Trowa- "We need to know if Nishimura's our enemy or friend…"

Heero- "I personally don't care. But if whoever she works for is involved, things could get bad… or worse…"

~*Med Lab*~

After Duo puts her on a table, the repair crew started to work on Ayako. Unable to stand it, Duo attempts to leave…

Huwy- "Hey, mister! We don't have your name."

Duo- "…. Duo. Duo Maxwell. Why?" *turns back around*

Ben- "So Miss Ayako can remember the person's name that saved her life twice."

Duo- "All I did was breaking her fall… and what else did I save for… Miss Ayako?"

Sarah- "You don't need to say `miss', Mr. Maxwell. We just do it out of own free will. Well… I think you may have cured Miss Ayako's scizoponia… She's been having that for a while now…"

Duo- *sits at the chair* "What about the scizoponia?"

Sarah- "Well, you've reminded her of a fatal mistake she made less than a year ago… Oh my, this is a very long story… You don't mind us telling you her life story? We can guarantee you that she IS not your enemy, even though she seems too. Miss Ayako Nishimura was born on Earth in America, as a Japanese American. She was an infant when her parents died. We don't know how they died and Miss Ayako doesn't remember. After their deaths, she was raised by her grandmother, Ms. Agatha Nishimura."

Ben- "She was raised very well and later, they moved into space and to a colony where an independent military force protected the people. As for us… they met us at a marketplace."

Huwy- "We were broke and starving. After the usual strolling down the streets for a odd job and received none, we saw Miss Ayako picking out the fruits. Then, she noticed us and realized how much we were hungry. She was very kind to give us the food. You would've been amazed at her generosity if she was still her sweet self. She did not mind of us eating all of the fruit, because they had more at home- they were just getting lunch and Miss Ayako accidentally overpicked. But if it wasn't for that, well…"

Ben- "We ate and Miss Ayako was very happy. It made her happy to see other people been treated. Ms. Agatha was also very kind and generous too. She let us lived with them for a few days, since we had a week's vacation. When we had to head back to base, Miss Ayako was bummed for us leaving. She said that she felt like she had a big family when we were there."

Sarah- "We were repairers for the military. Then again, we're still are. Later in a few years, our leader for the colony Captain Ezakiya ordered his men to steal Gundanium alloy from a colony that were working on a new line of Mobile Suits."

Duo- "The Gundams… the ones we piloted…."

Sarah- "Right! Anyway, they manage to steal enough to create a Gundam. Around that time, Ms. Agatha died of cancer… and Captain snuff out Ayako. Making sure that she wouldn't be a peacemaker, he officially announced that he became Ayako's `adoptive father' and he also asked her about the military and if she would like to join. She said `yes'. Maybe she joined because of experience or she wanted to learn more about the Mobile Suits. She wasn't too afraid to die yet…"

Duo- "Even if Ayako didn't join the military, she would be under Ezakiya…"

Huwy- *nods*" Right now, he's an Admiral. But not a father to her. He barely paid any attention to her. Y'know, that type of attention you want from your parents- the Admiral didn't deliver."

Ben- "The only gifts he gave her were promotions. Since joining the military at age 11, she was proven to be combative in Mobile Suits and hand-to-hand combat."

Duo- "I see… but how did you all meet again?"

Sarah- "She saw us working on a Mobile Suit after she joined. She remembered us and Miss Ayako even asked the Admiral to have us become her personal crew. He said `yes' and we had been together ever since."

Ben- "About the Gundam… it took us a long time to create it. Admiral couldn't decide on a pilot and we have to wait to design the cockpit until it was decided. When Miss Ayako was 13 and she was recently promoted as a Colonel (sp?), he finally decided on a pilot."

Duo- "And it was her... Ayako."

Huwy- *nods* "We were happy to work on her new personal Mobile Suit and she tried it for size. She had fun… until she threw up after the training. But…"

Sarah- "Miss Ayako was very determined to train, no matter how she got sick. Later at 14, she was promoted again, as Lieutenant. She used her Gundam for certain missions. Until… she had thoughts on using it again after that mission…"

Duo- *looked confused between Ben, Huwy and Sarah* "Was it… the fatal mistake?"

They nod.

Huwy- "Her objective for that mission was to destroy a whole city that always threaten it's own citizens and even posted a threat to the military. Admiral thought to make the city's leader look like a fool by using Miss Ayako and the Grand Knight. But… the night before the mission can be carried out, the scientist that created her Gundam lost his mind and doused her Gundam's heat sword with gasoline. No one knew about it…"

Sarah- "When she was looking for the leader, she noticed a young boy who looked about 6 or 7… She didn't know what to do with him, so she just left him alone… Poor thing still regrets the abandonment…"

Ben- "When Miss Ayako fought the leader, she turned up the heat to her sword and caused the gasoline to ignite and caused the sword to go on fire. She swung the sword and big chunks of ember came from it and it burned on its target or non-target. It was something she couldn't control, because the size of the fire was too great, even from the sword itself. Of course, the leader suffered from the heat and died. But, when Miss Ayako got her sword's fire put out… she noticed the same building with the boy nearby it was on fire and in the building had that same boy, crying for help and dying…"

Huwy- "Miss Ayako attempted to save him, but then, a huge burning timber from the building hit the hand before she can rip off the roof caused her Gundam's hand some damage and she couldn't save him with a burning hand… after she quickly put it out… the building finally collapsed, the fire took over and the boy died. She was too late."

Sarah- "She had to witness it in front of her… When she came back to base, Miss Ayako... just broke down and cried and cried. She told us what happened, but didn't tell the Admiral, because he would only have the thought of demoting her."

Duo- "What a heartless bastard."

Ben- "You think so too? We hated him. He was ruthless, cruel, and he hated peace makers or anything to have to deal with peace."

Huwy- "Miss Ayako wanted to quit so badly, because she noticed that she was killing more innocent people then those she was supposed to kill. Again, she knew she can't get out of the military, no matter what. She attempted to ask, but the Admiral got on to her about it, so…"

Duo- "But… who would shoot at Ayako?"

Sarah- "That… we don't know. The scientist that was responsible for the gasoline incident was executed, but the Admiral only did it to make Miss Ayako happy. It only made the scizophania worse."

Duo- *sigh* "Tell Ayako… that I'm sorry that I was a reminder of her past." *leaves*

The crew looked on…

Ben- "Maybe it's me, but… do you think that… HE likes HER?"

Huwy- *kinda spooked* "Mr. Maxwell… and Miss Ayako?"

Sarah- *smiles* "Y'know, if you think about it seriously, they do make a beautiful couple!"

Huwy- "Don't jump to conclusions, Sarah. We barely know anything about … HIM."

Sarah- "Humph! You take things too seriously, Huwy!"

Ben- "If you guys say so. I'm gonna report Ayako's condition to the Admiral. If I say there was an `accident', I bet he would give us the longest vacation we'd ever had! Plus, Miss Ayako really needed it."

Sarah- *smiles widely* "Oh thank you so much, Ben!!!"

Huwy- "……."

~*Duo*~

He returns to the other pilots.

Quatre- "How's Miss Nishimura?"

Duo- "I think she's doing okay, I just didn't stick around to find out."

Heero- "And why's that?"

Duo easily got very mad and then punched Heero out in the cheek.

Trowa- "Duo! What is wrong with you!?"

Heero- "Arg… Dammit, Maxwell! What in the hell was that for?!!"

Duo- "You know damn well, Yuy! You were the one that shot Ayako! Well aren't you gonna say something!? ANSWER ME!"

Duo attempts to hit Heero again, but he missed.

Heero- "Duo, it wasn't me! Why would I have any other good reason to shoot at her?! Besides, I was in my Gundam when it happened!"

Duo- "Grr… *punches the ground* DAMMIT! This is all screwed up! Why did the Admiral have to put Ayako into this…? Even when she didn't want too…"

Quatre- "Miss Nishimura? Duo, what is going on?"

Duo- "Even I don't know…….."*leaves*

Heero- "What in the seven hells is his problem?! Acting like he cares for her!"

Quatre- "Maybe it deals with what Duo just found out and got upset by it…"

Trowa- "As if…"

Quatre- "I'm afraid he's fallen for someone who can be a enemy of ours."

Duo returns to the med- lab, where Ayako was prepped upward.

Huwy- "Ah, welcome back, Mr. Maxwell."

Duo- "How is Ayako?"

Ben- "She had lost some blood, but she won't be needing a blood transfusion and she'll make a full recovery."

Sarah- "Miss Ayako woke up a little while ago… she said she wanted to talk to you about something… We'll leave you two alone…"

The repairmen leave Duo with a very unconscince Ayako… Poor Duo just looks on at her… like she was `sleeping beauty'.

~*~