Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ A Thin Line Between Love and War ❯ Discovery Days ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*Chapter Five: Discovery Days*~

DISCLAMIER: I STILL DUN OWN GUNDAM WING AND NEVER WILL!

Ayako- That's sad, Boss.

Shini- Damn straight.

Ashley- Hey, Boss? What's with the Christina Agulera songs?

Shini- Hint, hint- no slutty Christina! *Listening to "I Turn to You" and "Love for All Seasons"*

Ashley- Oh.

Rain- Hey, Boss! I finally researched the ages! Like you asked me too!

Shini- The results? *smiling*

Rain- Average age is 16!

Ayako- Goody!!! So I-

Shini- DUN SPOIL IT! OR I'LL KICK YOU OUT OF THE LOUNGE WHERE IT'S THAT DAMN COLD!!!

Ayako- Sorry, Boss...

Shini- Alright!!! I'll go with Rain's idea on the ages: It's average is 16 and Ayako's 15, as you might know.

Ayako, Ashley and Rain- Duh.

Shini- SHADDUP!

A, A & R- Sorry, Boss...

Shini- I'm sorry. I have a cramp right now... -.-;;; And if ya want any proper disclaimer-ship, see chapter 1.

Ayako, Ashley and Rain- ON WITH IT!!!

~*~

Duo looks at Ayako, which she is still asleep...

Duo- ".........Ayako? It's me........." *slowly comes to her…*

Ayako- ".........? Duo??? *wakes up* Hi..."

Duo- "Hey. You okay?"

Ayako- "My shoulder's in pain, but I'll be fine........ *frowns* I'm very sorry that I tried to kill you... My temper went out of control. Normally, I wouldn't act like that..."

Duo- "I kinda noticed from your crewman."

Ayako- "Sarah, Huwy and Ben? Yeah........ They are the best friends I'd ever had... the reason why I didn't kill you when I was this close to, is because... you..."

Duo- "I reminded you of a young boy you tried to save... but didn't make it..."

Ayako- "Yeah.........*sighs* Then, after that mission, I realized that I killed more innocent people than who am I SUPPOSED to kill... I hate it now... I don't want to be `the Goddess of Destruction' among the innocence anymore..."

Duo- "Oh... then, why don't you quit?"

Ayako- "I wish I could. But I can't. The Admiral totally dislikes it and made a policy for certain people, including myself, which we can't resign from the military..."

Duo- "Bastard..."

Ayako- "I don't even consider him a father anymore...He has changed... for worse. He USED me and the Knight ALL the time. I got insomnia... *mph*"

Duo- "Is that part of the time you were constantly sick?"

Ayako- "Yup…" *flat*

Duo- "Oh well... Um......... I think you're tired... do you want to go to sleep?"

Ayako- "Maybe... but I feel like talking. Especially to the person that saved me. You might get to know me better." *smiles*

Duo- "Mmm. Well... I guess so..." *sits on Ayako's bed*

They talked... and talked for hours...

~*Morning*~

Sarah and Ben passed by the room and discovered that....

Ben- "!!! What's-"*mouth clamped by Sarah*

Sarah- "Don't ruin the moment! For Miss Ayako?"

Ben- *mouth out of hand* "Alright... as long as Miss Ayako trusts him and doesn't pull any shit..."

They leave... with Ben distraught about Duo sleeping in the same room as Ayako, sleeping on her legs... Ayako wakes up...

Ayako- *groans* "Haven't gotten any good night's sleep in a looooong time…Hm?" *notices Duo sleeping* "I guess we over-did the talking…" ^.^;

Duo was snoring and it caught Heero's attention...

Heero- "What the hell!?"

Ayako- "HEY! It's not what you think!!!"

Heero- "He didn't go to bed??? What the hell is he thinking?!?!?"

Ayako- "He and I were talking! And if ya wanna know, it ain't your business unless if you're nice enough to listen!!!"

The other pilots came in.

Trowa- "Heero, what's- !!!"

Quatre- "Duo Maxwell!!!"

Wufei- "Hehe... so they did-"

Ayako- "HEY! You better shut up or I'll kick your asses!!!"

Duo FINALLY wakes up...

Duo- "Huh...? Where am I? Why's my bed more comfy and what's this lady-? *finally realizes* WHA-?! Oh craaaaaaaaap..."

Ayako- "You fell asleep... and I thought it would be rude to wake you up... so I decided to let you sleep in- without telling Huwy." *sweatdrops* "He'd rip you apart. He's like my big ol' guardian angel."

Duo- "Oh man......... and I didn't have my first coffee..."

Ayako- "Heh......... Anyway, why are you guys (points to the pilots who are standing wide awake…) doing here?"

Wufei- "I came here to give you back these." *hands Ayako her uniform jacket and a photograph*

Ayako- "Wha-?! You went through MY COCKPIT?!?!?!?! *growls and grabs the items* You guys better not destroy my Gundam! Even if I didn't want to pilot it for those jerks back at home."

Heero- "Then why're you part of the military?"

Quatre- "And we didn't destroy your Gundam, Miss Nishimura."

Ayako- "Just call me `Ayako' or `Miss Ayako', as my repair crew would say... They do it for personal reasons. Anyway, if I had a chance, I would've quit a loo----------ng time ago. But I can't."

Trowa- "Why not, Ayako?"

Duo- "That military had a strict policy on resigning, especially for Ayako."

Ayako- "Right, and I can't take my Gundam with me too. And when I was battling Duo, I lost my temper..."

Ayako talked about her grandmother, who was on the photo Wufei snuff out; the military's actions; when she got her Gundam and trained like hell; Admiral Ezakiya and the fatal mistake about the young boy she tried to save...

Heero- "So you're trapped in general."

Ayako- *nods* "*sigh* Because of my realization of the people dying and when I tried to save that boy, I really WANTED to quit. I agree with the peace- I don't see why we need violence. But........."

Duo- "Because of her bastard father, this military was good from hiding from the peace-makers and he hated every kind of it."

Ayako- "I dunno why Ezakiya hate the peace... I'm guessing he likes violence and sees it as a game. I think he's a crazy ol' coot. I don't even consider him a father anymore..."

Trowa- "That's a good idea......... considering we don't know where this military could be..."

Ayako- "That colony moves constantly and has a VERY HUGE supply of soldiers and Mobile Suits."

Heero- "Sounds like a good place for me to blow up."

Ayako- "What're ya, ignorant?! When I say the security's tight, I DAMN WELL mean it."

Duo- "You shouldn't really under-estimate Heero, Ayako."

Ayako- *shrugs* "Do whatever you want. I consider myself NOT part of the military in any kind while here." *cross arms*

Quatre- "Sounds like a good idea, Miss Ayako. You can help us with the other running MS factories..."

Ayako- "Maybe........." /If the people accept me…/

Duo- "Y'know, guys. (Pilots except Ayako- "What?") You were just standing around and you didn't even introduce yourselves to Ayako!!!"

Wufei- "Well, nice job of pointing it out at a wrong time, Maxwell." *flat*" But if I must......... I'm Chang Wufei."

Trowa- "I really don't have a name. But I'm known as Trowa Barton."

Heero- "............... Heero Yuy."

Ayako- *raises eyebrow*"That's it, Heero?"

Heero- "You wanna fight me in your Gundam?"

Ayako- "I would if my shoulder doesn't hurt so damn much." *flat*

Duo- *sweatdrops* "Um... Heero? Ayako?"

Heero- *hmph* "Fine........." *flat*

Quatre- *goes up to Ayako and gets her hand* "I'm......... Quatre Raberba Winner. A fine pleasure to meet you, Miss Ayako." *kisses the hand*

Duo gets jealous and Ayako blushes like a tomato.

Ayako- *notices the jealous Duo* "Aaa......... a fine pleasure too, Quatre... Um, may I speak to Duo alone, please?"

The pilots leave, with Heero snickering about the `alone' thing.

Ayako- *smirks* "You were jealous."

Duo- *surprised that she knew* "I- I- I- I was not!"

Ayako- "Yeah, you were! I saw that!!!"

~Pilots~

They heard the jealous thing and Heero, Wufei and Trowa looked at Quatre.........

Wufei- "Winner......... you bastard!"

Quatre- "How was I supposed to know!?"

Trowa- "Um... We need to leave."

The pilots looked at Huwy.

Huwy- "You damn right. Some people and their manners nowadays."

Heero- "Alright! Sorry..."

The pilots leave and Huwy followed them to escort them out.

Huwy- (thinks- Even if it's… HIM…. No one should be prying in unless Miss Ayako gives permission.)

~*Ayako and Duo*~

Ayako- "Well........ I know I can't stay here for long... And I don't have any money here!"

Duo- "You and the crew can stay here until I find you a place to live."

Ayako- "Thanks......... but, are you sure?"

Duo- "Positive!!! Um........ do you have a dress?"

Ayako- *raises eyebrow* "What?! What are you trying to pull?!"

Duo- "Nothing!!! It's just......... you know Relena Darlian?"

Ayako- "The Vice- Minister? Yeah........."

Duo- "Well, she throwing a party for the peace between the Earth and colonies. She invited me and the other guys........and she's hosting the party here."

Ayako- "Oh... so that's why you asked......... Well, I really don't have one..."

Duo- "Well, I'll take you out shopping for one! How about it?!"

Ayako- "Hmm......... Sure! `Bout time I get to have fun- not as an official!!!"

Duo- "Right!!! I just gotta remember that place where I got my tux!"

Ayako- *giggling* (thinks- Y'know, Duo isn't as bad as I thought! He's such a nice guy...)

Duo- *smiles* (thinks- When she's not mad or hurt or in the negative mood, Ayako's as kind and nice as she could get...)

Both look at each other kindly...

~*~

Ashley- BOSS!!! You can't stop there!!!

Shini- Why not?

Rain- Because... Duo and Ayako...

Shini- This chapter's as long as it gets! The goody stuff starts on the next chap!

A & R- You always say that, Boss...

Crystal- Chapter Six comin' soon! And HURRY UP, BOSS! MY BUTT'S HURTING FROM ALL OF THE SITTING!!!

Shini- Already? O.o;;;