Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ A Thin Line Between Love and War ❯ Imagine ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*Chapter Six- Imagine*~

Shini- I still dun own Gundam Wing for the sixth time... For proper Disclaimers, see Chapter 1.

Ayako- Then don't say it anymore.

Ashley- *smilin'* John Lennon!

Shini- I think it might suit the chapter... mebbe the end...

Rain- *raises eyebrow* Boss? You mean...

Readers- DON'T TEASE US!!!

Shini - Sorry! ON WITH IT!!!

~*~

Starts at the base camp, with Commander Kyubei reporting...

Com. Kyubei- "Sir. Lt. Nishimura has forfeited the match and failed to destroy the Gundams."

Adm. Ezakiya- "What did you do, Commander?"

Com. Kyubei- "I shot her, in the shoulder......... and I haven't seen her since."

Adm. Ezakiya- "I see... If she doesn't report soon, I'll have her permanently suspended from the military and punish her further. Understand?"

Com. Kyubei- "Yes sir."

Adm. Ezakiya- "Continue the search for the Grand Knight and the Lieutenant."

Com. Kyubei- "Yes sir. Over and out."

~Ayako and Duo~

A few days after the shooting, Ayako's shoulder was recovering and the Grand Knight was placed in Howard's ship, with the other Gundams. The two people are outside of the junkyard… with Ayako asking Duo….

Ayako- "Um, Duo? Where's my Gundam?"

Duo- "It should be- ? *notices someone* Doc!!!"

Ayako- "? Doc?"

Doctor Howard approaches them.

Doc Howard- "Well! If it isn't Duo!!! I notice you got another MS back at the ship... *notices Ayako* Well! Is this your new girlfriend, Duo?"

Duo- *blushes* "DOC!!!"

Ayako- *blushes* "I'm... Ayako Nishimura......... You mention about the other Suit... Well......... I pilot that Suit."

Doc Howard- *crashes* "YOU PILOT THAT GUNDAM?!!?"

Ayako- "Yeah..."

Doc Howard- "You're the lieutenant from that isolated military, right? Those guys were persistent bastards from the start. 5 years ago, they stole a large amount of Gundanium alloy..."

Ayako- "I was adopted around that time, to the Admiral. I received the Grand Knight when I was 13."

Doc Howard- "I see. Well, how old are you and where are you born?"

Ayako- "Um.......... I'm 15 now and I was born on Earth, in America."

Doc Howard- "You look kinda Japanese too..."

Ayako- "My dad's Japanese and my mom's American. So......... I can say I'm Japanese American."

Doc Howard- "Oh......... but no ordinary person from Earth can pilot a Gundam. Well… maybe one exception, but certainly not a female. How can you?"

Ayako- "I'm not sure actually......... my dad was a fighter jet pilot for the OZ military, at least what my grandmother told me........... I piloted MS since I was 11. When I started to train with the Grand Knight, I felt very sick........... But I pressed on. Not caring for what happens to me."

Doc Howard- "You would've been at Death's doorstep if you continued to train like that. Anyway... This is a very nice model. Had no idea that someone other than the scientists could develop a Gundam as well as the others…"

Ayako- "Can I ask a favor?"

Doc Howard- "Sure!"

Ayako- "Can you erase the military data from Grand Knight? And rewrite my personal data?"

Doc Howard- "Sure! But.......... one thing."

Ayako- "Yeah?"

Duo- "Oh yeah! Remember when we asked you about the MS factories? Well, we're "agents of pacifism" and we wanna know if you would like to join."

Ayako- *frowns* "I dunno."/ Will the people accept me for this?/

Doc Howard- "It's alright. Give her time.........."

Duo- "Anyway, let's go shopping! After all, I did promise you."

Ayako- "Oh yeah you're right! But… what about the money?"

Duo- "I talked to Quatre and he helped."

Ayako- "Oh, okay…"

They left for some time to shop for the dress..........

~Formal Dresses~

Duo takes Ayako, who is dressed in her pants and her white tank with Duo's white over shirt on, to the dresses.

Duo- "Take you time, Ayako."

Ayako- *smiles* "Thanks."

After trying most of the dresses and Ayako and Duo got a little discouraged, Ayako stepped out in a beautiful sapphire blue strappy dress.

Duo-*amazed* "This is it."

Ayako- *smiles* "Yeah… I think so too."

~Later.........~

Duo and Ayako takes a break by stopping by at a park with a huge pond filled with ducks in front of them...

Ayako- "I never felt so happy."

Duo- "Have you ever felt happy?"

Ayako- "Well yeah. All before my grandmother died......... then it became miserable for me. The military, the training... All of it became hell for me."

Duo- "Like us, you were trained for battles?

Ayako- "Yeah... *sighs*"

Duo- "Is there something on your mind?"

Ayako- "Yeah… About your offer… to join with you guys…"

Duo- "Yeah? Well, what do you think? You don't have to do this…"

Ayako- *nods* "I know… It's just… whenever I walk by or pilot the Grand Knight by a place I destroyed, people usually look at me… with anger, hate, and grief… The Earth had witnessed my first mission… and it seems like more people are mad at me… I don't know…"

Duo- "About what?"

Ayako- "I worry about the people. Will they appreciate for what I did if I try to help attain peace throughout the colonies?"

Duo- "Sure they will! Especially Vice-Minister Darlian. She'll be happy and rooting for us back here!!!"

Ayako- *smiles but is still discouraged* "Well.......... I still don't know. What if I screw up?"

Duo- "You'll do fine!"

Ayako- "But, what if I accidentally kill the innocents again?! What if they won't appreciate for what I did to help?! I just don't know what to do anymore… *starts to cry* I'm scared, Duo…"

Duo- *gets himself and Ayako up from the bench* "Ayako, *she looks up at him with big tearful eyes* You're better than that. You're stronger and pure, even though you tried to withstand the evils around you. And I'm sure the people won't be mad at you… we all make mistakes… and…" /I don't think I can hold it back anymore… even if we just met, I… had…/

Ayako- "Duo?"

Duo- *looks into her eyes* "Ayako......... I love you."

Before the Goddess of Destruction can react, the God of Death kisses her......... she was slightly shocked but kissed back and closed her eyes.

Ayako- *slowly breaks away* "Duo......... *hugs him* *sniff* I… had fallen for you… I'd just don't know… how to act around you… or the other guys… From having serious conversations with Trowa or Quatre… to arguments from Heero and Wufei…"

Duo- "Are you feeling better?"

Ayako- "Yeah… and… I've decided. From now on, I'll be by your side, helping you… achieving peace and getting rid of the MS factories… I really want to help."

Duo- *hugs her closer* "Thank you so much, Aya… I'll also be by your side too…"

Ayako- *smiles* /Grandma… I think… I'd finally found the happiness I lost 5 years ago… But… never this way…/

Duo- "Well, let's go home. Oh yeah... can I call you `Aya' for sometimes?"

Ayako- *giggles*- "Sure."

They gather their bags and heads back to the junkyard, to drop them off and maybe walk around the city a little longer…

~*~