Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ A Thin Line Between Love and War ❯ Love Against Odds ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*Chapter Seven-Love Against Odds*~

DISCLAIMER: I dun own you-know-what. You know who not sue. Or I'll have to sell half my brain. For proper Disclaimer, see Chapter 1.

Ashley- BOSS! That's nasty!

Shini- The humor's running dry...

Rain- Alicia Keys... why?

Shini- Cuz it'll lighten the mood later!!! Besides, I like this type of music whenever I'm in a romantic mood!

Rain- NOOOO!

Shini- Don't make me kick you out!

Rain- Fine. *flat*

Ayako- On with it and stuff... *listens to "Good-Bye"*

~*~

Starts as Com. Kyubei waits for Ayako's report.

Com. Kyubei- "Dammit! Why am I waiting here? She hasn't reported for days! That's it! I'm gonna find her crewmen! Those scatter-brained idiots can't be far..."

Kyubei cocks his gun and goes out of his base camp.

~*Ayako*~

A frantic, but exited Sarah was helping Ayako...

Sarah- "Oh! Here's the hairspray you've lost! Oh, and your shoes!"

Ayako- "Um... Sarah?"

Sarah didn't listen and helped with Ayako's hair.

Sarah- "Oh my... you look so beautiful! I think Mr. Maxwell will love this!"

Ayako- "Are you trying to get Duo to fall for me more?"

Sarah- "Well, you two ARE in love right? And we're free from the military too! No more war-mongerin' bastards!"

Ayako- *smiles* "Yeah, you're right."

Sarah- "So lighten' up! You'll do fine, Miss Ayako!"

Ayako then finishes by putting on a beautiful bracelet that Duo bought her, along with the dress. Then she and Sarah step out to see where Ben and Huwy were conversing with Duo.

Duo- *nervously* "We'll do fine! Don't worry!!!"

Ben- "Don't do anything stupid or humiliating to Miss Ayako, Mr. Maxwell."

Huwy- "We'll have your head if this happens."

Duo- "Ye-yeah, but…"

Sarah- "I mean it, Huwy. You guys take things too seriously!

Ben- "Sa-Sarah?! You and Miss Ayako are already done?!"

Ayako- *smiles* "Are you trying to make Duo guilty?"

Huwy- *looks down and is very guilty* "My apologies, Miss Ayako."

Ayako- "Hey, don't act so formal! How long have I've known you guys? I'll be fine! Duo and the other guys are goin' with me!"

Ben- "True… We'll just hang out in the garden in case some jerk decided to…"

Duo- "Don't worry! There's nothing that we can't handle!"

Ayako- "Hopefully. Ready?"

Duo- "Heero and the others are here, anyway."

Sarah- "We'll walk. ^_^ Have fun you two."

Ayako and Duo left to the car with the other tux-clad pilots waiting.

Huwy- "…."

Sarah- "That's okay, Huwy. Our little ray of light is grown up…"

Ben- "Jeez… you two act like a couple!"

Sarah and Huwy- "What the hell does that mean?!?!"

Ben- "Hehe… just kidding! Well… we better head off!"

~Ayako and Duo~

Heero and Wufei were annoyed…

Wufei- "What took you so long?!"

Ayako- "I was getting ready! Have you ever waited for a girl to get her stuff ready?"

Wufei- "I don't have the time for relationships."

Ayako- *sighs* "Ready? Let's go!"

They pile in the car and Ayako sits in the front seat with Duo driving and the others in the back.

Quatre- "It's amazing…"

Trowa- "About what?"

Quatre- "About Miss Ayako. How she's a Gundam pilot, but yet… she was born on Earth, unlike us…"

Ayako- "Call me Lady Luck or what, but I think it was my training…"

Trowa- "Training nearly 24/7? You've could've died."

Ayako- "Yeah… I got insomnia and stomach troubles. But I think it was worth it, cuz of my knowledge."

Heero- "A bright mind isn't just all of a official."

Ayako- "I know. It's just… I've spent nearly most of my life out in space. Went through hell…"

Heero- *hmph* "That's sad."

Ayako- "Do you have ANY compassion, Heero?"

Duo- "Ayako. Please..."

Ayako- *sighs* "`Kay..."

Duo- "I know you're stressing a bit, but Hee-man can be like that."

Heero- "I thought I told you not to call me that."

Duo- "See?"

Ayako- *giggling* "Oh… ok…"

A few minutes later... they arrive at the invitational area of rental.

Greeter- "Welcome, Gundam Pilots. And... Who is this lady?"

Duo- "She's also a Gundam pilot."

Greeter- *raises eyebrows* "I see... please let Ms.Relena know about her, sirs. Come in... She is expecting you."

They went inside the mansion and saw Relena.

Duo- "Yo, Relena!"

Relena- "Hello, everyone. Good evening, Heero." *trying to sound cheerful*

Heero- ".......... *looks away*"

Relena- "…… *notices Ayako* And you are?"

Ayako- "Oh, I'm Ayako Nishimura, Vice Minister Darlian. Nice to meet you. I'm a Gundam pilot..."

Relena- "You pilot Gundam? Guys, is this true?"

They nod, except Heero, who still won't look at Relena.

Ayako- "I pilot the Gundam Grand Knight. They had discovered me while I was busy, and I am very well-versed for MS combat."

Relena- "I see........." *sounds disapproving*

Ayako- "I used to fight with an independent military colony with the Knight, but I escaped. Now I would like to join with Heero and everyone else, to help stop other running MS factories. Maybe to join the `Preventers' from time to time…" /Thank goodness for Duo telling me that…/

Relena- "Oh... yes, I think the time is right. There were outbreaks of MS factories spreading... I'll accept you, Miss Nishimura."

Ayako- *smiles* "Just Ayako's fine."

Relena- "Well, let's go celebrate." ^.^ "I guess we got another thing to celebrate, right? Oh, and about the Preventers, I think you need to talk to Sally Po about it…"

They go into the ballroom...

~*Sarah and Ben- Outside the garden*~

Sarah- "No problems so far!"

Ben- "Do you think the Vice Minister will accept her?"

Sarah- "I'm sure. I've looked up her file... she's a pacifist and if Miss Ayako was willing to assist Mr. Maxwell and the others, I'm sure Vice Minister Darlian will accept her!"

Ben- "I hope you're right, Sarah...? *notices someone* Huwy? Quit farting around and come here!"

Ben gets up and heads for Huwy. Then, a punch was thrown and Sarah only heard it...

Ben- "Ugh..."

Sarah- "Ben?! Are you alright? *notices that Ben and Huwy were knocked out and someone that was standing...* Kyubei?!"

Com. Kyubei- *steps into the light* "I thought you were supposed to address me as Com. Kyubei, Sarah."

Sarah- "What do you want?! Is it about Miss Ayako?!"

Com. Kyubei- "You mean Lt. Nishimura? She's no longer part of the military."

Sarah- *disbelief* "What…???"

Com. Kyubei- "You heard me. She's nothing to us now, because of her actions for the past two years, after she has grown soft of signing up."

Sarah- "That is cruel!!! Are you people out of your minds?! What would violence do to settle the territory?!"

Com. Kyubei- "That is none of your business, now that Ayako and you scatter-brained morons are AGAINST us. Admiral Ezakiya decided to permanently kick you guys out of the military also, because you're on the former lieutenant's side. Now, we're after one thing- the Grand Knight."

Sarah- "Oh no... And I thought that was a birthday gift for Miss Ayako!"

Com. Kyubei- "She was OWNED by the military, along with the Knight. Now, WHERE'S THE GUNDAM?!?!"

Sarah- "You think I'm telling you?!"

Com. Kyubei- "Standing your ground, Sarah? You're such a fool."

Com. Kyubei quickly knocked out Sarah by punching her in the stomach... then he pulled out a phone.

Com. Kyubei- "Operator?…"

~Ayako and Duo~

They were slow-dancing... until a servant with a phone came to Ayako.

Servant- "Miss Ayako Nishimura?"

Ayako- *breaks away from Duo* "Yes?"

Servant- "You repair crew wishes to speak with you."

Ayako- "Hmmm? May I go somewhere private?"

Servant- "Follow me."

Ayako- "I'll be back as soon as possible, Duo."

Duo- "Okay, I'll be here waiting..." *kisses her*

The servant escorts Ayako to a balcony.

Ayako- "Thank you. *the servant leaves* Hello? Sarah, Huwy, Ben???"

Com. Kyubei- "Neither, Ayako."

Ayako- *gasps* "KYUBEI?! What are you doing here?"

Com. Kyubei- "You have no class what so ever anymore, do you, former Lt. Nishimura?"

Ayako- "Former? Since when did-"

Com. Kyubei- "Since the Admiral kicked you out of the military? Well, you were not doing your job as instructed."

Ayako- "You guys have lost your minds!!! Don't you know we were killing more innocent people?!"

Com. Kyubei- "That's how life goes."

Ayako- "WHAT?!?!?! No, that's not how that goes! Are you trying to be dominating!?"

Com. Kyubei- "Enough of your outbursts, Ayako. Now, tell me- WHERE'S THE GRAND KNIGHT?!!?!?"

Ayako- "You're now after my Gundam?!"

Com. Kyubei- "You mean the military's Gundam? That Gundam does not belong to you. Now, be a good girl and give us back the Knight, sooner would be wise."

Ayako- "And if I refuse?"

Com. Kyubei- "You're pushing the envelope, Nishimura! It seems so that you repair crew is at my feet."

Ben- *very weakly* "Hey... Miss Ayako... do us a favor. Don't.......... let them get the Knight... go kick their-"

Gunshot was heard...

Ayako- "BEN!!!!" *eye-wide*

Com. Kyubei- "Luckily I hit the arm. Now tell me!!!"

Ayako- "No!!!! And you and the military can go to hell!"

Com. Kyubei- "Being hard-headed? Fine, but we will destroy ANYONE that stands in our way and we'll start with Earth AND the Vice Minister Darlian!!!" *click!*

Ayako saw a mini ship leaving and heading out of the colony and into space...

Ayako- "I have to do something... to stop this madness, before more people die... *sigh* I have to head back to the colony... but, Duo.........." *notices the same servant passing by* Hey, mister? Do you have any stationary?"

Servant- "Sure, Miss Nishimura." *hands her nearby paper pad and pencil*

Ayako- "Thank you."

She wrote a note to Duo and tells the servant to give it to him and then leaves the mansion and heads to Howard's ship, where the Grand Knight resides, and changes into a light blue shirt with a light brown sweater duster and blue jeans with boots. She pulls out the old photo of her grandmother.

Ayako- "Grandma. I'm gonna set things right. And make them pay for killing innocents and trying to kill my closest friends. *sets it down* In case I don't come back. I want Duo to remember me. *looks at Grand Knight* If we die, we're dying together and goin' to hell with the military."

Ayako gets into the Grand Knight, starts it and heads out into space...

Ayako- (thinks- I'm just hope I'm doing the right thing…)

~Duo~

Duo- (thinks- I wonder where Ayako is...?)

The servant approaches Duo with a letter rolled up like a scroll.

Servant- "Miss Ayako left a letter for you, Mister Duo."

Duo- "Do you know where she is?"

Servant- "I'm afraid not."

Duo unrolls the paper and reads the letter...

"Dearest Duo,

I'm sorry to send you this at a short notice. The military officially demoted me from them and nearly killed Sarah and the others. He said that the military is going to expand its horizon and try to take over Earth and kill all of the pacifists, including the Vice Minister. They're also after the Grand Knight and I think they had ideas of destroying you guys after they get me. So what I'm going to do is I'm taking them to hell, by going to the colony and destroy it. I'd rather not have you and the other pilots follow me, for thus, I think you might break down if I die. Just stay put and remember that I love you a lot. Also, I'd rather not witness seeing you dead.

Love,

Ayako"

Duo- "Dammit! What is Ayako thinking?! Ugh...! What am I supposed to do? She said that the colony has a huge supply of MS… why did she go off after them by herself…knowing that she might not survive? I have to save her… before it's too late… but, will the others help me?"

~*~