Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Alanza Cousin ❯ Surprise in the Night ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Alanza Cousin 1:
Surprise in the Night.
Author's Notes: First of all this is slightly A/U where has 1) Trowa ARE NOT brother and sister since I CAN NOT SEE THEM HAS SIBLINGS. If you have a problem with that stop here and now! and 2)All the couples are the same age 25, except for Noin and Zechs who are going to be around 30. Treize and Une will be in this story later on. The couples will be revealed later in this chapter. Oh yes and everything else corresponds to Gundam Time this takes place after the Endless Waltz. Also the boys or men in this case still have their Gundams. Thanks to Isle who helped fill me in on what I had missed in GW saga. Also she helped me with the title of the fic, and the name for Quatre's cousin.
Alanza means noble in Japanese
Qamara means moon in Arabic
Riadah means leader in Arabic
________________________________________________________
Qamara ran down the dark narrow tunnel her long light blonde hair fell behind her like a sheet. Her blonde hair was kept out of her calm eyes by a wide red cloth of satin tied around her head. She wore black pants, black boots, and a black blouse a mask kept her face hidden from the nose down. Her pendent bounced against her chest has she ran. The pendent was circular and metal it had a panther reaching out to you with it's mouth open and it's emerald eyes seemingly glowing. The pendent was the symbol of the rebel group she ran with.
She Qamara Riadah Winner was within a group of several other rebels, from the rebellion that she was a part of. The group of rebels had been created around twenty or thrirty years ago; she had officially joined it around ten years ago after the death of her uncle.
The sounds of bullets hit pretty close to her feet missing them by several centimeters. The group hit the cold night air quickly and they headed toward the heavily wooded area that surrounded the secert base.
The group of rebels that Qamara ran with was called 'Panthers of the Night'; they were set against trying to stop a secret branch of OZ from destroying the colonies and Earth in a nuclear attack. Her cyrstal clear blue eyes narrowed at the thought of this branch. The branch had somehow managed to thrive after Oz was discontinued. This branch was known has 'Night Demons'. They were known that for their ways of handling problems. They attacked helpless people in the night and slaughtered them without mercy. This group had even murdered her parents when she was an infant. She had yet to figure out why though she had a feeling that one day she would find out why they had murdered them.
Qamara knew this because she had overheard Uncle Winner talking about it with Rasid, before Quatre left. Then they had murdered her surrogate father Uncle Winner when she was fifteen, and her cousin Quatre had gone off to fight in the war against OZ. She planned on getting revenge on them for the murder of her parents and her uncle.
The 'Night Demons' made sure that no one knew about them lived to tell about them. This is why they were so intent on destroying the 'Panthers of the Night' rebellion, to prevent them from talking. The reason why they wanted to destroy colonies was going to be revealed on the disk that Qamara carried within the folds of her red sash. The disk was also the only key to saving the colonies and Earth from annihilation. Since afterall the disk not only contained the reason but the plans for doing it.
Just has Qamara was about to reach the woods a bullet passed straight through her right side causing her to collapse onto the ground in pain. One of the men behind her grabbed her into his arms quickly yet gently and continued to run. She was slightly aware of the feel of the grass undernegth her, has the man set her down and her friends gathered around her. She heard the voices of her companies grow fainter and felt her eyes close from heaviness has darkness surrounded her and the young female rebel knew nothing.
Meanwhile the man that shot her turned back to go back inside when something hanging from the door frame caught his eyes.
"Fuck," he snarled.
There blowing in the wind was a pendent on a long leather string was the symbol of the 'Panther of the Night'.
"The One is going to have my fucken head for this," he muttered snatching it up and dashing inside.
_______________________________________________________
Quatre smiled and took a sip of red wine from the crystal goblet while talked to Heero and Relena. All his friends were here celebrating with him. The men were dressed in fancy tuxedos while the women were dressed in fancy ball gowns. The two lovebirds (Heero and Relena) had become engaged last year on Christmas Eve. The ballroom of the Winner Mansion was decorated for the holidays and the gigantic Christmas Trees were decorated with red and green glass ornaments, white lights were strung on their branches and all the trees had a bright golden star on the top. There were five trees in all one in each corner and one in the middle of the ballroom. Red silk Tree Skirts were wrapped around the bases and decorative empty boxes were placed beneath the trees to add to the atmosphere.
Heero noticed that Quatre's smile began to dim and he got this far off look in his eyes.
"Is something wrong Quatre?" asked the young man.
The Gundam Pilots had placed their fighting aside for the time being and had started living normal lives. They began to go out on dates; well all except for Quatre he never could seem to find someone that complimented his sweet nature. Heero wondered if he was a little bit lonely for a female companion or just a companion in general. The sounds of an argument caused him to look in the direction of Duo and Hilde well it wasn't exactly a fight more of Hilde yelling at her husband. Hilde was two months pregnant and already her temper was flaring. The three friends turned to watch as Catherine, Dou, and Trowa tried to calm her down.
"Should we help them?" asked Quatre trying to change the subject.
"Not until you tell us what is wrong with you," said Relena with concern, Heero nodded in agreement.
"Look I am worried about my cousin Qamara," said Quatre looking away.
"You have a cousin?" asked Wufei in shock coming to join them with his girlfriend Sally.
"Yes Qamara and I have been together since we were infants," said Quatre his gaze seeming to get farther and farther away. "Her parents were slaughtered by members of a secert branch of OZ. My father took her in, from the moment he introduced us we seemed to be inseparable. Then I went off to fight OZ and we haven't heard from each other since then. I mean she was here when I left yet when I returned for awhile she was gone and no one knew where she was."
Quatre became aware of tears in his eyes and his friends looking at him with concern. The fight most have ended and Duo seemed to be in one piece, decided Quatre with a quick aprazel. He smiled reassuringly and whipped away the few tears that had fallen.
"Well shouldn't you be enjoying the Christmas Ball I threw?" he asked.
"Shouldn't you be enjoying it has well? I mean after all you are the host," retorted Heero listing his wine glass in the young Arabian's direction has he and Relena moved toward the dance floor.
Quatre sighed and moved to look out the window at the falling snow. It was two weeks before Christmas Eve and the holidays just didn't seem complete without Qamara here to celebrate with him. When they were younger his father would have them come down at least once during the parties he would throw and have them perform some pieces that would fit the mood. She would play the piano and he would play the violin, then they would switch. His father had joked about them being joined at the hip since where ever one was the other was most likely to be close by.
Quatre sighed and turned around to watch his friends dance when a sudden stabbing pain surged through his right side. He dropped his goblet and the crystal shattered on the ground has he grabbed at his side while collapsing to his knees and withering in pain.
"Master Quatre!" shouted Rasid rushing toward the fallen young man.
Quatre was aware of his friends and his men running toward him. He was aware of the sudden halt in the music.
"Qamara," he whispered to himself before passing out.
Rasid called for a doctor while Heero checked Quatre's pulse on his neck.
"Is he alright?" asked Relena crouching beside her fiancé.
"Yeah his heartbeat is still strong," said Heero removing his hand from Quatre's neck.
It was then that a doctor arrived and checked Quatre over, when he was finished he pulled back.
"I can not explain what had cause Master Quatre to fall over though I am guessing it was stress. Tell me has he been upset about anything or stressed out over something?"
"He did mention his cousin," said Trowa.
"Do you think he misses her?" asked Catherine turning to look at him.
"It seems possible," said Rasid stooping to scoop Quatre in his arms. "From what the late Master Winner has told me the two were quite close."
While moving toward the stairs there; was a tapping at the door and an old butler that had been working for the Winner family since Quatre's father was a teenager moved to open the door. He stopped and stared in shock at the sight before him. He couldn't help but think how familar this young woman looked to him. He searched his memory for a young girl with the same color of light blonde hair and faint blue eyes has this young woman.
The woman's light blonde hair was a mess and her right side was bleeding however someone had tried to stop the bleeding with a messily applied bandage. Her small dainty lips were parted slightly has she struggled to breathe. Her dainty hands were clenched into fists and she seemed to be struggling to do something. Her eyes were fuzzy and she seemed barely able to focus, however she turned to look at him and smiled faintly while trying to seat up. Suddenly her eyes rolled to back of her head and collapsed onto the front steps and faded into unconsciousness.
"Lady Qamara!" he exclaimed finally recognizing her.
________________________________________________________
Autho r's Notes: Well there you go my first GW fic. I have been meaning to do this for awhile. I just now got to it and am very proud of it please.