Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ As Fate Would Have It ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]




Hi again



Hi again! Bet you ALL wanted to see me again! <you look at me strangely> HEY! I RESENT THAT! Urgh, nevermind. Anywhoot, this fic is dedicated in its entirety to Reveena OathBlood. Um…no other comments as far as I'm concerned. So, um, I'll let you read the story! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY REVEENA!


Disclaimer: I was going to say "I like to eat Cheese" in Chinese, but my friend hasn't told me how to yet, so I'll just say it in German. Ich esse gern Kase!




As Fate would have it: Part 1
By: alioop108

Relena coughed slightly as the dust kicked up from the rapidly retreating limousine invaded her senses. Once the dust had settled, she realized just where she had been dropped off. A slight frown marred her face. In front of her sat an old-looking mansion, surrounded by what appeared to be wheat. That was all there was for as far as she could see. Wheat. This little rendezvous with her soon-to-be husband was going to be most enjoyable, she thought to herself sarcastically. A sad sigh escaped her lips at the thought and she began lugging her only suitcase across the dirt road and up the creaking steps.

~`~Flashback~`~ (AN oo, how perty!)

Relena was standing at her window when her brother reentered. Instead of acknowledging him, she walked slowly to her desk and sat down in the black leather chair.

Milliardo took the chair opposite the desk, glad that the desk could and probably would act as a shield between them. He cleared his throat before he began.

"Relena, I know how frustrating the is to you-"

She raised an eyebrow , making him reconsider his words.

"I can only imagine how frustrating this to you," he paused before continuing, "So I have put together a little vacation for you to relax and let this all sink in."

She raised an eyebrow at his words yet again before her face darkened.

"What's the catch." She ordered fiercely.

He looked at her for a moment as if debating whether or not to tell her a deep secret. Sighing, he let his head hang to his chest. "Your husband will be there." He whispered softly, but it did not escape the diplomats ears.

She sent him an angry expression before something struck her like lightening. She didn't even know who her husband was to be. "And exactly who is my husband?" she drawled, trying to seem like she was forced into an arranged marrige every day.

He snapped his head up and smiled mischievously. "I'm afraid I can't tell you that."

She looked at him in disbelief. "Why not?!"

He smiled smugly. "You'll find out soon enough."

She glared at him with a glare that Heero had taught her well. She didn't like the way things were going.

First being forced into an arranged marriage.

Having a trip set up for you to actually meet this person who you are supposed to love.

And he didn't even have a name.

The impact of these thoughts hit her like a ton of bricks and she was suddenly spiraling in a overwhelming sense of depression. The tears stung at the back of her eyes as they threatened to spill.

"Go." She croaked to her brother, who obliged fearfully. As soon as the door clicked shut, she flung herself on the floor and cried.

~`~Flashback~`~ (AN Those little symbols are what we authors love about writing)

Relena reached the front door and grasped the handle. The tears stung in her eyes once more, but she refused to let them fall. Once inside, she put her suitcase down and hollered for any other existence.

"Hello?! Is anybody there?" she waited for any sign of footsteps but was disappointed. "Hmm, so I guess I'm alone." She muttered into space. She left the entranceway for an expedition around her new surroundings. Deciding to go for the second floor first, so she walked tenderly up the grand marble staircase.

The young diplomat passed the stairs once again heading towards the West wing after a thorough exploration of the east. On the east she had discovered four grand bedrooms waiting, each with huge four poster beds and closets full of clothes. All had a bathroom attached filled to the brim with different toiletries. Presently she stood in front of double wooden doors that stretched to about three times her height. With a splurge of courage she opened one door and peeked in. Her jaw dropped slightly and she awed in fascination. It was a library. But not at all like the library of her own, it had to be the largest library in the Canq kingdom. Walking silently over to the nearest bookshelf, she fingered a spine that caught her attention. To the ends of the Earth, the title read. She retrieved it and blew off the light layer of dust that littered the cover. Not too thick, hardcover, blue binding with gold lettering. She opened it to the first page.

As she flipped through the pages, half-scanning, an uneasy feeling invaded her entire being. The hairs on the back of her neck stood on end and her pulse quickened. She was being watched. She stopped turning the pages instantly and replaced the book on the shelf. Her hand steadied her while she leaned against the shelf as the feeling intensified. Without further hesitation, she abruptly whipped around and scanned the room.

"Who's there?!" she yelled. As soon as it had come, the feeling vanished. She wanted to go and explore the room bathed in the eerie dusk light, but she decided against it and settled on glaring around the room one final time before heading out the door.

Relena was at the foot of the staircase for the fourth time that evening. As she explored the West Side of the first floor she found a kitchen and a extravagantly large dining room. She passed by the staircase and headed for the wider and taller doors that lay closed in front of her. She eyed them cautiously from a few feet away. Shrugging mentally to herself she walked the few remaining feet and creaked the door open. She sucked in a breath. In front of her was a golden ballroom. Almost literally. The golden chandelier hung from about one hundred feet above her, and there was an orchestra pit to her right. To her left was a window. It stretched the entirety of the wall to the ceiling and the afternoon sunlight shone through it magnificently. She walked out to the middle of the floor absent-mindedly and turned around slowly, taking in every detail. Abruptly she stopped turning and smiled to herself. She was alone, right? She spun on her heal and giggled like she was still a teenager. It was just too much like a fairy tale, she couldn't help it.

After having some self inflicted fun in the grand golden ballroom, as she had come to call it, she decided to spend the rest of her quite evening alone in the library. She skipped up the marble steps, smiling to herself. She walked to the doors the wide grin still spread mercilessly on her face, and entered. The smile vanished.

In the middle of the large room sat a chair. A circle of light illuminated the chair in brightness, the only source in the entire room. And in the chair sat a man.

Wufei Chang.




Hehe, my pathetic excuse for a cliffhanger! I know what to say now! The title of that one book is made up. Though I think it is a pretty good name, if I do say so myself. Also the whole library thing, think Beaty and the Beast, but not that big. That would be huge! Also…um…what was I going to say? Agh! I forgot! NOOOO! I HATE it when that happens! I guess it wasn't that important then. So, I'll leave. G'day!