Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Because of You ❯ Ischnos, Megalopores, Glaphyros, Deinos ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Because of You
Author: Supurrkitty
Disclaimer: I do not own any Gundam wing characters, never have, never will, and that's it!


Ischnos, Megalopores, Glaphyros, Deinos


Quatre sighed and took his reading glasses off(Quatre with glasses, how undeniably cute!). He and Demetri had talked up until just recently, when they finally decided they needed to at least figure out what they were going to do their paper about. So now, they were studying all the subjects and trying to decide what they liked best.

" Demetri, have you found...?" Quatre put his book down and looked next to him. Demetri was curled up against the arm of the couch, asleep. The book was falling from her grasp, open. Quatre reached over and picked the text out of her hand. He examined it and decided she hadn't read that much, so she must have been asleep for a while.

' Must have been all that crying...' Quatre thought, then looked at his watch, ' Or the fact that it's after midnight...'

He set the book on the table and got up, stretching. He had to head back to his own place. And now, he had to have a fool-proof explanation for Duo on why he was out ALL night.
Quatre looked over at Demetri, who was still asleep. She moved a little in her sleep and groaned.

" I'm...sorry..." She said in her sleep. Quatre smiled and shook his head.

" It's not your fault." Quatre said to the sleeping figure, though he had no idea what she was talking about or dreaming about.

Demetri smiled in her sleep and curled up comfortably again with a sigh.

Quatre looked around until he found a small, woven blanket and put it over Demetri's sleeping body. He got his stuff together and got out a small piece of paper and a pencil and wrote a note:


Dear Demetri,

I would have said goodbye, but you fell asleep right in the middle of our studying! That's okay though, it was way too late for us to try and use our brains, anyhow.
We didn't get any work done last night! We should probably just try to do the whole thing today. Since we both probably want to sleep in, why don't we meet at lunch? We can meet at that park over by the University. I'll bring the food, you bring your books.
Give me a call when you wake up: 555-0585
Hope to hear from you soon!
Your friend,
Quatre
PS- You snore!


Quatre smiled to himself as he put the note on the coffee table with it's corner under a book to keep it from blowing away.

Quatre grabbed his stuff and headed out, using one of her spare keys to lock the door behind him. He stuffed the key in his pocket and walked down the hall to the stairs.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Quat re was awakened the next morning by his bed being kicked and Duo yelling at him to wake up. He rolled over and looked at his clock, it was only seven in the morning. He rolled back over and looked up at an annoyed Duo.

" What the hell do you want?" Quatre asked, fixing a glare on Duo.

" For you to keep your word. You said you'd drive me into town today, I have a date." Duo said, glaring right back.

" Stupid American!" Quatre said, holding his glare.

(Supurrkitty: Hey!)

" Weak Arab!" Duo shot back.

(Malak: Hey!)

" Fine, whatever!" Quatre sat up and rubbed his eyes. He was still in the clothes he wore the night before.

" Besides, you have a call, some girl." Duo said, trying not to smile or laugh " I'm assuming the one you were with all night..."

Duo smiled then went into the kitchen to make some coffee.

" It must be Demetri..." Quatre said to himself with a smile.

He got up and went to answer the phone in the kitchen, but Duo had gotten to it first.

" Really? That many? Wow! Oh, Q's up, I'll give the phone to him..." Duo smiled widely as he handed Quatre the phone, " She was just telling me about how many guys she's slept with."

Quatre shook his head and put the phone to his ear.

" I'm assuming what Duo just told me was a lie and the conversation was not about your sexuality?" Quatre asked into the phone.

" Why would you think your best friend was lying to you?" Demetri asked.

" ..." Quatre was left speechless and looked over at Duo, who was trying not to crack up.

" No, no, it wasn't, we were just joking around. Duo told me how easy it was to annoy you or make you blush, or trick you. I just wanted to test that theory." Demetri said, giggling. Quatre just sighed and rubbed the back of his head.

" Why I thought Duo and I being room mates was a good idea is a mystery to me now..." Quatre said and Demetri laughed. Then Quatre smiled to himself. " I'm assuming you got the note?"

" I don't really snore, do I?" Demetri asked in a demanding tone.

" Only when you breathe in." Quatre chuckled

" Quatre!" Demetri protested.

" No, you don't. I suppose Duo isn't the only one who enjoys joking around." Quatre laughed, " So, is noon okay with you?"

" Yeah, I don't do anything that time of day." Demetri said

" One more thing." Quatre added

" What is that?" Demetri asked

" What are you doing up so early after staying up so late?" Quatre whined.

" I always get up at six, no matter how late I stay up. It's a habit, a very good habit." Demetri said

" Unless you're an insomniac..." Quatre said.

" Well, I'm not, are you?"

" No."

" Then there's no problem." Demetri said cheerfully.

" Alright," Quatre smiled to himself again, " See ya later then?"

" Of course, bye." Demetri said.

" Bye." Quatre hung up the phone and smiled to himself..

" A date?" Duo asked, full of curiosity.

" No, we're doing a paper." Quatre said, defensively.

" Isn't that what you did last night?" Duo raised an eye-brow.

" Well..." Quatre was about to tell him that they didn't get anything done, but that would leave too much to his imagination. " It's a long paper."

" Right..." Duo nodded, smiling. " If you'd like me to stop, drive me into town and give me some money..." Duo said, hand on hip.

" Reasonable." Quatre said, grabbing his keys.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Wow, Quatre! We're really amazing, aren't we?" Demetri stretched after she closed the laptop.

Her and Quatre were sitting on a grassy hill, over-looking a small pond. They had already eaten and threw their garbage out. Now they just had a few drinks at their side, a hell of a lot of books, some paper, and a laptop.

" I can't believe we finished a twenty page report in one day!" Demetri uncrossed her legs and spread herself off, yawning.

" Yeah, talk about it. I think my brain is numb!" Quatre complained, laying back on the grass. Demetri did the same. She looked up at the bright blue sky. It was funny how such an ugly storm could leave the sky more beautiful than before.

" What time is it?" Quatre asked.

Demetri held her hand up so she could see the watch on her wrist.

" It's about four, why?" Demetri looked over at Quatre, hoping he wouldn't have to leave.

" No particular reason. I just have to pick Duo up sometime, but..." Quatre yawned, stretching his arms out. " I have a feeling he'll be out most of the night and maybe get his own ride home..."

" Hmm, he is an odd one from what I know..." Demetri put her arms behind her head and closed her eyes.

" Try living with him..." Quatre groaned, making Demetri laugh.

He was such a soft personality, always polite, always calm and collected. Demetri found it amusing and cute when he got frustrated or angry.

" Do you wanna do something?" Demetri asked calmly.

" Like what?" Quatre asked, looking over at her. She looked back and just smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I didn't know this place was here." Quatre said as he got out of Demetri's truck and looked around.

Demetri was in the truck, putting on her boots, then put her hair in a ponytail and through a cap.

" I don't know how you can miss it, it's the biggest one around these parts." Demetri said, shutting the door and heading towards the stables. " C'mon."

Quatre fallowed her, examining his surroundings.

There were endless stables as far as he could see, filled with horses. There were wash racks and round pens and one arena in view.

" I come here everyday around this time and deal with most of these horses in this block of pens here." Demetri said, gesturing to the pens closest to her.

" What do you do with them?" Quatre asked, full of interest.

" Well," Demetri started, with a sigh, " I do what their owners are supposed to do. Groom them, clean their stalls, exercise them. Sometimes, I even rife them for when their owners are away. I do some farrier work and mild vet work, nothing serious. I also feed them in the mornings and afternoon."

" That's a lot of work, what do they pay you?" Quatre asked, amazed.

Again, Demetri sighed before speaking.
" Enough to live on and free board for one horse" Demetri went over to the hose and yanked it out of it's bundle, starting to drag it to the big round pen, which was the only thing that had buckets instead of automatic water.

" One? I expected you to have a lot of horses..." Quatre said, looking into the large pen they were walking to. There were four young horses that seemed to be fighting over nothing. They stuck their heads and perked their ears when they heard the two humans step towards them.

"..." Demetri looked in Quatre's direction, but avoided looking at him, making Quatre think he should have kept his mouth shut. " Nope, I just have one." Demetri said, now smiling.

They reached the corral and Demetri stuck the hose through the bars and into one of the half barrels, letting the water flow freely into it. The horses trotted over, giving soft knickers and nipping at each other's flanks or hindquarters.

" Sorry boys," Demetri said, holding her hands up, " I got nothing on me, I'll feed you later. Unless you want to eat him." Demetri pointed to Quatre, who raised his eyebrows at her in surprise.

He could have sworn that the horses looked at him and gave the thought of chewing on his trampled body consideration. He shook his head, deciding it was just his imagination. But he still jumped in slight fright when one of the horses stuck it's head over the fence and gave his collar a good sniff and nibble. Quatre stepped back.

" Do these horses always eat people on your command?" Quatre asked.

" Of course." Demetri said in between laughs. She stopped when she noticed the barrel was about to overfill and she moved it to the next one in the pen.

Quatre watched her climb up the rails on the corral and bend over the top to reach one of the colt's head. She started to rub his neck and the horse swayed back and forth, enjoying his grooming and trying to groom back. But, Demetri kept pushing his head away, reminding him that you can't itch humans the way you itch horses. Her smile never faded as she interacted with these giant animals.

Quatre leaned against the rail in front of him and stuck his hand through, absentmindedly rubbing a bay at the side of its face. Every now and then, he would look over at Demetri who seemed to be enjoying every minute she spent with the horses.

' I wish she smiled like that all the time,' Quatre thought to himself, then, out of no where, a ping of jealousy hit his mind, ' I wish she smiled like that for me... Where did that come from?'

Quatre's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of rocks rearranging and puddles splashing under the pressure of four rubber tires. He turned around and saw an old, blue truck. The windows rolled down, revealing a young man with long, dark hair in a loose ponytail in the passenger seat. Quatre looked past the boy and into the driver's seat. A dirty blonde boy with messy hair and a thin face, gave them both a smug looking smirk.

Quatre looked back up at Demetri. Her smile had faded and she gave the truck and it's inhabitants a thorough glare. Quatre looked back at the two guys. The dark-haired one seemed nervous about Demetri's glare, but the other seemed pleased by it.

" Blakely Roswald!" Demetri shouted to him in a scolding tone, " When did you start hanging around with scum like Brody!?"

The dark haired boy looked kind of scared of her, but got out of the truck and took a few steps toward the two.

" Hey, nice to know my presence is appreciated!" The blonde, Brody, called to her with a wave. " I gave your little bro a ride, how nice of me, I know!"

He turned off the truck and jumped out himself.

Quatre eyed the two boys cautiously. Brody gave him a cold look, as if Quatre were a dark stain on a white shirt. Quatre was a little confused and taken aback by this until he realized just how out of place he was. He was wearing good shoes, which were now muddy, dress pants and an ironed shirt.

Suddenly, Quatre felt like more of an outsider than any other time in his life. He wanted nothing more than to disappear into the mud beneath his feet, just to escape view. He turned back around and started to pet a horse again.

" Who's that?" Brody asked, using his thumb to motion towards Quatre.

Demetri jumped down off the fence, smiled at her brother, then glared at Brody, and finally, looked over at Quatre, who didn't look like he was in the mood to be introduced. Demetri sighed and looked back over at Brody.

" That's Quatre, he's a classmate." Demetri explained, trying not to look at the man in front of her.

" Oh good, I thought I'd have to have a word with him," Brody said " Thought he might be the dude you were screwing last night that left early this morning."

Quatre turned beet red, but continued to itch the animal in front of him, sticking his head through the bars. He'd expect that Demetri would give him a good yelling, at the least. But all Quatre heard was a frustrated sigh and the small chuckle of her brother.

Brody smiled at Demetri, very pleased with him self. Blake tried his best not to laugh as Demetri rolled her eyes.

" Brody, your presence here is no longer needed." Demetri said, hands on hips.

Brody laughed and waved as he went back to his truck and jumped in.

Demetri watched him leave, before turning back to her brother, who just shrugged.

" You sure do talk a lot, Blake." Demetri said and Blake shrugged again.

" I'm glad to see you," Demetri said, not even trying to hug him, knowing how he'd react. " But, what are you doing here? And why did Brody drive you?"

" I guess you didn't get my letter, then." Blake said in a low voice. " This is where I decided to go to school, and apparently the rest of our family's college-bound children want to go to school in this area as well..."

" So?" Demetri asked, looking very confused.

" So," Blake started, a blank look on his face, " I came to warn you, the whole family has moved here. Just thought you'd like to know."

" What!?" Demetri asked with such volume that Quatre hit his head on a rail in surprise, making him fall backwards into the mud, barely conscious.

Blake and Demetri looked back at him as if he had not been there before and just appeared.

" Quatre?"


A/N- *Evil laughter*