Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Between Three Souls ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Relena stepped into the restaurant, Parla Vu, named after a rich French lady. A waiter came up to her. "Ah, the beautiful Miss Relena, Mr. Yuy is over here, just follow me." The waiter had a heavy French accent, but he talked full English. Relena nodded and followed the waiter into a back room.

The room was small but nice and there Heero sat at a wonderfully decorated table. "Heero." Relena smiled wide and sat down as the waiter pulled out her chair. Heero sat across from her. "Hello, Relena." He smiled lightly and told the waiter to scurry away.

The first tray already sat in front of her, it was a delicious looking bowl of salad with many fine dressings on it, just the way she liked it. Heero knew her so well it made her smile wider.

She looked up. "So, Heero, how is your business doing?"

He looked to her solemnly. "It's going ok, but there is a slight problem."

Relena frowned and looked to him worriedly. "What is it Heero?"

Heero stood up and slowly walked over to her. "I haven't been able to sleep lately and there is this one thing that I can't get out of my head."

Relena looked up to him as he approached her. "What is it?" She asked.

He knelt next to her and took her hand, bringing out something that about almost made Relena fly out of her seat. (( Ok, blooper moment: Heero pulled a gun from his pocket. Relena gasped. Heero raised a brow at her not so happy face and looked down at the weapon in his hand. "Oh, how'd that get in there?" "CUT!" The director yelled. Ok, end of blooper. Lol, I had to include that, sorry! ))

Relena looked to a small blue square box.

Heero smiled a real smile this time and opened the box revealing a beautiful golden ring with a slightly large diamond stud in the middle.

Relena felt like she was about to cry.

"Relena, will you marry me?" He asked plainly but with loving eyes.

Relena had no words to speak so she only gave a nod as he slid the precious ring onto her left ring finger.

~Next Day: At Hilde's apartment~

Violet eyes moved back and forth as if reading something. The eyes were absorbed and transfixed on the subject in front of them and seemed unblinking.

Those eyes belonged to Hilde Schbeiker. She wasn't all too happy about the fact of having to stay at her house and do nothing when she wasn't all too injured.

She was reading a fantasy story that was quite interesting and usually she read it at night before she went to bed. It helped a lot during the time when she had a light case of insomnia.

There was a knock at the door and Hilde was more than reluctant to answer. The first half of the day when Quatre had told her to rest she had just disobeyed him and went to cleaning her apartment thoroughly. It now sparkled and shined with the smell of Crisp Sea Breeze.

She reached the door in a bouncing stride, she guessed this day helped her a lot, especially since her apartment was getting a bit unclean, now it was great and just in time for guests. Well she didn't know if this was a guest. She stopped pondering to herself and opened the door.

There stood the man she had ran into, Trowa Barton. He smiled lightly.

Trowa didn't blink only stood examining her. She wore faded blue jean shorts and a raspberry colored shirt that tied in the front and showed about a quarter of her stomach. She also had a light blue handkerchief tied around her head to where only her blackish-blue bangs hung in her face.

Hilde kind of stared at him. He had his hands in his pockets except his thumbs were sticking out. He wore a dark blue T-shirt and blue jeans. Both of them wearing tennis shoes.

"Uh, yes. Hilde?" He presumed.

Hilde nodded. "Yes, Mr. Barton?"

The sides of his lips twitched in an effort to keep back from a grin. "Well I came here to talk to about your car insurance since it was my fault."

Hilde looked a bit surprised. "I thought it was my fault, I wasn't paying attention."

Trowa's smile slightly disappeared. "Well I guess we're both at fault."

Hilde laughed lightly. "Guess so, how about we just forget it, it's alright I have a ride until my car is fixed. Here." She went and dug in her pocket and pulled out what looked around five hundred dollars. She handed it to him. "Take it, for the car, you'll need it more than me."

Trowa blinked and his nose wiggled a bit. "Um…no there's no reason for you to do this."

"Yes." Hilde persisted. "Just take it." She commanded and picked his hand up, placing the money in it and closing it around the money and then she put her hands down to her side. "It was really all my fault, you had the right of way and I didn't so you better take this money."

Trowa sighed and looked down to the money. "Uh..thanks." He actually did need it badly. His ford was his only ride and no one would be able to pick him up.

"No problem. Would you like to come in for a small drink? I was just making some tea." She opened the door.

He looked into her apartment and raised a brow. It was the tidiest bit cleaner than his, but being the way he was, he avoided messiness. Large windows shown the sun on the living room couches as he walked in. Noting the book she must have been reading before he knocked, seeing the pillows were ruffled. He mentally slapped himself. Even though the war had been long over he was still evaluating everything he saw. He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Do you like it with sugar or cream or anything?" Hilde called from the kitchen, startling him a bit. He sat down on her love seat. "Yeah, two tablespoons of cream and three of sugar."

He heard her hum in quiet laughter and he smiled. "Alright then." She called back and soon came into the living room with two cups of tea. "So where do you live around here, your car seemed like it had been in rough terrain.

Trowa shrugged in his mind. She was about as evaluative as he was and she had barely enough time to get a good look at his car before she crashed into him, but still everyone had there own keen abilities. So a conversation started that was longer than a cup of tea.

~~~~

Duo sighed and sat in his living room of his small house. The room was dark, the way he liked it. How embarrassing he couldn't believe he had to be sedated cause he was so worried about Hilde. Well he did have quite the crush on her and he guessed he better refrain from kissing her cause it seemed his kisses were bad luck.

He sighed again and ruffled his hair with agitated grunts. He needed some sun, but the darkness was ok too. Still, he needed the fresh air and the park sounded like a nice place to clear his thoughts.

As Duo walked, he thought about all his buddies. He had heard about Heero getting the good business stock trade life. ((No one has heard of Heero getting married yet)) Then there was Quatre. The last he heard was him going to Paris, but he didn't and so he stayed at the law firm where Hilde worked. Quatre came over his house often though and they talked sometimes about different things. Wufei had gone and gotten married with Sally Po, the two still worked as preventors. Trowa he knew went back with the circus with his love, Catherine Bloom. But he had never thought he would see him again, he hadn't even seen him for two years actually. Well guess they wouldn't meet again anytime soon.

He sighed. He almost wished they could have some more good old action. Duo's life was all about action and now he was just settling down and he didn't want to settle down.

He grinned. Well it looked like he would have to do something to still things up or at least maybe he could go in a good assassin business.

He put his hands behind his head. Nah, he didn't thing that was too good of an idea. He would just have to wait till something happened.

TBC….

Well that was so coolio. No, I'm kidding. Ah, I've been trying to make my story better, it's getting kind of corny right, but don't worry it will start to get batter soon. So bai and please review! Amy H.