Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Bohemian Rhapsady ❯ Movement Eight ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Bohemian Rhapsody

By Devon Masterson

Movement Eight

Aoi37@hotmail.com

"If we have faith in each other then we can be strong…"

Quatre walked out into a lavish garden and into the maze. He had a feeling that Heero was around somewhere. Once he reached the center of the maze, he saw Heero sitting under the tree in the center. He had often found him there most likely reminiscing about the good things in his past. A worn leather bound book laid across his lap. He recognized it as the book that they found in the study or rather Roger found while exploring. It had been one of the many treasures that Roger had `hidden' under Heero's chair. "This is my father's journal," Heero commented hearing Quatre's soft footfalls.

"You must have a greater insight about him now," he replied.

"You could say that," Heero remarked casually.

Quatre frowned; there was something in his tone that told him that Heero learned something that hurt him. "He's faced a lot the past month. I'm not going to push him. He'll talk to one of us when he's ready." He sat down on a small antique looking bench. "I have to go to L-2 to check out a lead," he informed. "When we were looking through some information on Omega, it made me think of this corporation called Iomega. We know Omega Corp has a some ties to the Ocean Group and I think we can tie them together there."

"They've been quiet lately, they're probably up to something," Heero added. "I did some checking with Iomega as well. I haven't gone through it all yet. I'll give you a zip disk of the information I downloaded from their mainframe." He was glad that Quatre did not try to pry. He was not in the mood to discuss some of the things that he read in his father's journal.

"That'll be a big help." Quatre nodded then stood. "I can stop by Preventer Headquarters before I head out for L-2 if there is anything that you want me to pass along."

Heero looked away. "No."

Quatre sighed. "Heero, it's been a month and she hasn't heard anything from you."

"I need to focus on getting through this," he replied. "I don't want her caught up in this. It's better that I stay away from her until I know it's safe. She's not trained the way we are, if something happened…"

"Things will work out," Quatre comforted then change the subject. "I'll let you know if I find anything."

"I'll do the same," Heero replied.

Quatre turned and exited the maze. He did not like the way everything was playing out so far. He had a feeling that things were about become complicated and he did not like that feeling.

%%%

Trowa opened his eyes slowly. He stretched and yawned never feeling so rested in his life. He turned his head and saw Victoria dozing in his desk chair beside him. "She looked after me," he wondered. He pulled back the covers. She should have the bed she would be more comfortable there. He crept softly about the room. He pulled on a pair of pants and shirt then lifted her into the bed gingerly.

Feeling herself moving, Victoria opened her eyes. "You're awake," she said sleepily. She touched his forehead at the same time as her own. "No more fever. I was worried for awhile."

"Thank you for looking after me," he said lowly. He was supposed to be the one looking after her.

"We're even," she commented as she sat up. "I'm glad you're feeling better. I really need a change of clothes."

Trowa caught her meaning. "I'll take you back to your apartment to change then I can take you to pick up your car. It's the least I can do."

"Thank you." She placed her shoes on and walked to the door. He helped her with her coat and they started for the small parking garage underneath the building. The two walked in silence to his car. "I appreciate what you did," she commented as she sat down in the passenger seat.

"You're welcome," Trowa said as he shut the door. He walked to the other side of the car and got in.

About ten minutes later, they arrived at her apartment. She motioned for Trowa to have a seat while she freshened up a little. A few minutes later, she stood under the warm shower spray. It felt so good to have the hot spray over her body. It allowed her to think about the past couple of days. There was so much confusion. She had fallen for the secret admirer whom she thought to be Heero only to find out it was Trowa. The two of them spent one night together and now Heero was incomunicado. She would probably never hear from him again. He had a new life and he had gotten what he wanted.

"I'll just go with the flow," she thought as she got out of the shower. She wrapped a towel around her body. "I don't want to force anybody into anything. I get enough of `fear for my soul' looks as it is, without having to wake up to that same look everyday…" Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard the vid phone ring. She looked on her Caller ID and saw that the familiar location of Germany. It had to be her mother. The two of them had hardly talked the past four years and now she was back into her life full steam ahead.

Victoria pulled her robe around her and sighed inwardly. "Countess," she greeted respectfully. A beautiful older woman with gray chestnut hair appeared on the screen.

"Darling, where have you been?" she asked worriedly. "I have been calling for days. I called Preventer Headquarters and they told me you went home sick days ago. Darling, you don't look sick…"

"I'm feeling better, Countess," she replied to calm the woman down. "I'm sorry to have worried you."

"I'm just glad that you are safe. I do not know what you are up to anymore ever since you left to live with the Khushrenadas. I think that I should have matched you up with someone else, then maybe you would be married by now and have grandchildren for me to spoil. All of your other sisters married, well Faith is getting married this weekend. She should have taken my advice as well. She is thirty years old and very fortunate. It was unheard of when I was coming up to be that old and just be getting married. You are approaching that age as well. You have maybe one year and then it will be…"

"Countess," Victoria said urgently.

The woman raised an eyebrow at being interrupted. "Victoria, darling, do you have a gentleman caller? And this early."

Victoria could hardly contain her blush at the insinuation. "Countess…"

"Well I see," her mother smiled. "I do not want to interrupt. I just wanted to make sure that you would be at Faith's wedding this weekend. You are to be there and your beau as well, if you have an escort then there is no need to be alone unless you are ashamed of your family."

"Countess, I…"

"Good, I shall expect you to arrive Friday. I will have Adolf bring the car to pick the two of you up. You surprised me Victoria, I thought I was going to be disappointed. I do hope he is handsome, but then your tastes were more like my own in men. Your sister Faith however, brought home so many duds that I just had to intervene. Tell me what he is like."

"Countess…"

"Oh my where did the time go, I must see to the final preparations. I will see you tomorrow," she said.

"Wait, Countess…." The screen went blank. Lady Une let her head drop in exasperation. At least her mother had not changed over the years. She was still the last to know things being that she was the youngest. She always tried to assert herself in the family, but they all saw her as `little Vicky.' She was feared by most people within her presence, but her family saw her as some little kid and her mother was the only person that ever intimidated her. She laid back in frustration. "This just gets better and better."

Trowa knocked on the door. "Is everything alright?"

"I'm fine. I'll be out in a minute." Victoria threw off the robe in frustration and quickly dressed. She opened the door and walked into the living room after looking over the timetables for Germany flights. What was she going to do now? She had to produce someone by tomorrow. If she showed up alone, she would never hear the end of it and be betrothed to some political crony's son by the end of the night. She was sure there would be tons of them at her sister's wedding.

"Thinking of who you can take to your sister's wedding?" Trowa asked. He found the whole thing rather humorous. While Victoria did have her soft sides, he had never known her to be bullied or intimidated into anything. Her mother seemed to have quite a strong personality. He imagined that Victoria got a lot of her spirit from her mother.

"You have excellent hearing, Commander," she said frostily.

He knew she was in a bind now, she reverted to her all business mode. "In our business I have to."

She narrowed her eyes. She knew what he was hinting at in a casual way. It was amazing how some things immediately work in the direction that was trying to be avoided. Victoria looked away having a sudden attack of pride. "I will be on a Flight leaving for Germany at seven in the morning. If you are on the flight as well, I won't mind," she commented. She walked to the door. "Are you coming?"

Trowa stood trying to keep himself from smiling. She had managed to keep her dignity after all. "Yes, Colonel."

%%%

Duo sat at the table in a stare off with Roger. Both watched the other to see who would move first and both prepared to strike. Duo growled lowly at being put in this position. All he wanted was a piece of fruit and it just happened to be the last banana. If he was quick, he could be in and out without being bit or scratched. It was all a matter of who was the better thief.

"Duo, what are you doing?" Heero asked.

"Huh?" Duo turned his head and Roger grabbed the banana. "Hey!" Roger ran to Heero and climbed up his leg. He perched himself on his master's head and hissed at Duo.

"What are you doing to my ferret?" he asked sternly. He tried to look serious but he could feel his composure slipping as he watched the crestfallen look on his friend.

"He stole my banana. It was the last one," Duo whined. He crossed his arms and looked at Roger evilly. "That thing is the devil, Heero, I'm telling you. He will bring nothing good to you."

"He was given to me by an angel," he thought. He raised his eyebrow curiously, but Duo continued.

Duo started to pace in front of them angrily. "What am I supposed to do now for a snack now?" he asked. His braid swung each time he turned. He stared at Roger who hissed at him. He put his forefingers to his head to imitate horns. "The damn devil." Heero's eyes widened. He couldn't hold it anymore and started to laugh. "It's not funny, Heero."

"I think so," he chuckled.

"You would," Duo said disgusted. He walked away.

"Duo wait," Heero called gathering his composure. He wanted to talk to someone. Duo kept walking until he heard his three favorite words. "There's some chocolate ice cream stashed in the freezer."

"Well why didn't you say so? Lead the way," he replied good-naturedly as though all were forgiven. The two walked into the kitchen and Heero served up two bowls of ice cream. "Don't think I can be bought," he said as he savored the ice cream. "But I can be leased." Heero rolled his eyes. "What did you want to talk about?"

Heero took a deep breath. He should have known that the American would get hip to his sudden friendliness. "I found out some things about my parents."

"Something that you didn't like, huh?" Duo probed.

Heero nodded "They were never married because he was afraid that she would become a target," he continued. "He still carried on as though she did not matter to him."

"Well there are all kinds of families these days," Duo comforted. "There's no shame in your parents not being married."

"But that's not how I remembered it," he blurted out. "We were happy until, Omega shot her. I remember how scared I was. He tried to get me and she pushed me out of the way then she was sent away. A year later I was sent to live with Dr. J. But his journal makes it sound like things weren't like I remember. I don't even know if he still loved her after I was born. I wonder if..I shouldn't have come back."

Duo shook his head and put his hand on Heero's shoulder. "He wouldn't have sent you two away if he didn't love the both of you. I'm going to tell you what someone told me once when I was alone on the streets. The past is in the past. Don't dwell on it just learn from it and make your own way. A man has to go his own way."

Heero smirked at his friend's wisdom. "Thanks, Duo."

"You're welcome," he commented then looked mischievously. "Hey let's get out for awhile. I know a place."

AN: You may have noticed some OOC…well suck it up The guys don't deal with too many different situations. I think we'd see more human characteristic show through in certain situations. The song I'm using for Heero is "How you remind me" by Nickelback, for Trowa "Father Figure" by George Michael, and for Lady Une whatever song my mix comes up with at the time. Keep reading;p

Father Figure by George Michael

© 2001 Devon Masterson

Another Bond Girl Production

I think we all know who belongs to who, Gundam Wing belongs to a whole bunch of rich influential people. I just do this for fun. Everybody knows med/grad school candidates don't have money so suing me if pointless.