Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Bohemian Rhapsady ❯ Movement Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Bohemian Rhapsody

By Devon Masterson

Movement Seven

Aoi37@hotmail.com

"This time I think that my lover understands me…"

Heero leaned against a dark car waiting for the door of the Quatre's jet to open. Shinji stood not too far as they waited. He was not accustomed to people following him around in order to keep an eye out on him. It was always him looking after or protecting someone. It was unnerving, now he knew why some of his charges acted so vexed sometimes.

"Hey, Odin, what's up," Duo called as he and Quatre stepped off the jet.

"Hmm." Heero watched as Quatre and Duo walked up to their friend. "What is he doing here?"

Duo went to do some sort of elaborate greeting when Shinji stepped in front of him. "Hey what's your problem, man? That's my friend over there. I'd hate to have lay you out in front of him."

"It's fine, Shinji," Heero commented. "The braided baka is a friend."

"That's right," Duo replied.

"As you wish, Odin-sama," Shinji said as he moved out of the way.

Duo raised his eyebrow. "Odin-sama, huh? You have a lot of explaining to do. I hope you have plenty eat why we listen."

"I'm afraid I agree with Duo on that one," Quatre added observing the whole exchange.

"Aki's making us a snack and we can eat it in the study while I bring you up to speed," Heero informed. He reached for the car door. "And don't call me Odin amongst ourselves."

"Anything you say, Oji-chan," Duo teased. He smirked when Heero pulled out his gun and pointed at him. "It's nice to know you haven't changed now that you're dealing with your past." He walked past Heero and got into the car.

Heero frowned. "Hmm." He got into the car as well and Shinji drove off.

"Okay Heero spill," Duo demanded as he bit into his sandwich.

Heero sighed inwardly. He never thought he would have to tell another soul this story. "My father had my mother and I sent away because he had enemies after him. I ended up living with Dr. J and you know how that turned out. I have until I turn twenty-one to set everything right. I promised him before I left that I would make them pay."

"Cool," Duo commented at the obvious abbreviated version of the story. "Always glad to be of service."

"How can we help?" Quatre asked.

"I have to assume control of Lowe Industries," Heero answered. "I have been reading about all of my holdings and…"

"Oh my god, for once in his life Heero is clueless," Duo interrupted. "Somewhere in hell there is a demon hopping from foot to foot to keep warm."

Heero threw a satin pillow at Duo then turned to Quatre. "Quatre I could use your assistance."

Quatre tried to keep a straight face as he looked at Duo. They were both surprised by the retaliation. He imagined that Duo would exact his revenge later. "No problem, Heero. I know how hard it is to be thrusted into these things all at once. I don't know what I would do without my sisters' helping me stay on top of things."

"Thanks, Quatre," Heero said lowly. He bit into his sandwich.

"You're wel…" Quatre began when he felt something crawl on his head. He tried to contain himself so that he wouldn't startle whatever it was.

"Come here, Roger," Heero commanded as he pulled the ferret off of his friend's head. Roger held on to Quatre's hair pulling a few strands with him. He looked at Heero with large brown eyes as his master looked at him sternly. He crawled up to Heero's shoulder licked his chin then rested on his head. "I forgot that he was in here."

Duo blinked several times. "When did you get that?"

"A week ago," he answered simply.

"Friendly fellow," Quatre commented patting his head in place.

"This is just too funny," Duo teased, moving closer to Roger. Roger hissed and clawed at Duo. "Mean little guy."

"He can sense evil," Heero replied.

"I'm not evil," Duo said lowly. He went back to his chair and pouted while he finished his sandwich.

Quatre laughed at Duo's shocked expression. Perhaps being here and confronting his past was bringing out the best in Heero. He didn't realize how much of a sense of humor was hiding inside of the serious man.

"You guys are wrong you know that? Especially you, Quatre," Duo accused.

"It's payback for annoying me for the last couple of years," Heero said. He stood up then yawned. "I'm tired. I'm going to bed. We can start in the morning."

"I agree," Quatre yawned.

"I could stand to get some Z's myself," Duo remarked. He stretched dramatically.

"I show you your rooms," Heero said as he started for the door.

%%%

Lady Une walked into the outer office and looked around. It was amazing how empty the office was without the Commanders. For the past month they had been and out on missions concerning the Ocean Group. She had a feeling that some of the missions were personal. She would be stupid to think that they wouldn't help Heero if he asked them. They were all closely knitted.

"I guess it's safe to say that he's no longer interested or he would have let me know by now," she sighed mentally. "He has a new life now." She thought back to when she saw Odin Lowe the II on the news. He was a hot topic in politics. No one knew much about him, but then no one knew much about the Odin Lowe Sr. either. At least she knew some of what he was up to.

"Colonel Une," a private greeted.

"Yes," she sniffled. She sneezed into a Kleenex. She would never kick this cold at this rate. She didn't know how she got it in the first place. She had been fine yesterday.

"This arrived for you today."

"Thank you," she replied. She was just barely understandable. She sneezed again then took the letter.

"Colonel is there anything I can get for you?" she asked.

"I'm fine," she answered. "Thank…" She sneezed, "you."

The private looked doubtful but left her superior to her own devices. Once she was gone, Lady Une opened the letter. It was birthday card from her mother. "Today is my twenty-fourth birthday. I must be really sick to have forgotten that. I'm surprised she remembered." She put the card back in its envelope then started to fan herself. It was so hot.

"Lady Une, are you alright?" Trowa asked as he came into the office with a stack of paper work. He set it down at his desk.

"I'm fine, Commander, it's just a little hot in here." She sneezed once again.

"You might have the twenty-four hour flu that is going around," Trowa remarked. "You should go home and rest. It's only going to get worse."

"Commander, I think I…" She paused as she prepared to sneeze again. She held the Kleenex to her face while she sneezed. She felt her head buzz and if it weren't for Trowa's quick reflexes she might have hit the floor. She stared into his concerned eyes and gave up. She felt miserable, it was her birthday, she had been dumped, and she had to admit that she was human and needed down time.

"I'm taking you home," Trowa declared. He steadied her.

She only nodded not wanting to fight him on the issue. She felt too sick and tired all of a sudden. It would be her luck that she would sneeze and wreck her car. Before she knew it, he had her coat and was ushering her outside to the parking garage. He helped her into his car. She felt her eyelids starting to droop as he got in beside her. "I'm so tired…" her sentence trailed.

Trowa looked towards her see if she was okay when her head fell against his shoulder just perfect. He smoothed back her hair so he could feel her forehead. She had a fever. He kissed her forehead affectionately then pulled out of his parking space. Within twenty minutes, he arrived at his small flat with her cradled in his arms. He grunted lowly as he labored trying to open the door. He didn't want to put down his precious bundle and she was a little heavier than he anticipated. He snickered at the thought of mentioning that fact to her just to see her response as he laid her down gently on his bed.

Victoria stirred in her sleep as she tried to get comfortable in the bed. She pulled at her blazer as she tried to pull it off in her slumber. Trowa nodded in understanding at the unspoken request and pulled out one of his t-shirts. He always wore a tank tee under his shirts every since he could remember; though he was not expressly fond of low collar shirts. He put the shirt on the bed and began to remove her clothing. He found his cheeks growing warm as she lay before him in her underwear. She had desirable taste in undergarments. It was fitting that she shopped at Victoria's Secret.

He quickly put the T-shirt on her lithe body before his mind was allowed to lustfully wander further; not that new clothing she wore did anything to deter his imagination. Heero was a lucky man, now if only he would realize that. Trowa frowned as he thought of the intense man. He had asked him about Victoria, but had refused to contact her. Trowa didn't understand the man sometimes. He was of the mind that if you had a person to worry about you that shutting them out was not wise. His friends and sister taught him that, he tried to tell Heero in a nonchalant way, but the Japanese man had other issues to tackle.

"How could he be this way with her?" he wondered as he moved from her to get a cold compress.

"Don't leave me," she whispered in her sleep.

Trowa's heart melted. "I promise to never leave you," he declared. He moved closer to her and brushed his lips with hers. He savored her sweetness for just a moment. He knew he should not have done it, but his resistance was down. He had to let himself have this one little sin. He would accept his place as her friend and co-worker at least he was in her life that would have to be enough.

He moved away reluctantly and went to get a cool cloth for forehead. He came back seconds later to find that she was curled up under the sheets. He smiled and sat on the side of the bed that she did not occupy. He would keep his promise if it meant staying up all night by her side.

Lady Une yawned and opened her eyes several hours later. She was little stuffy but other than fine. She sat up slowly as she tried to recognize her surroundings. The room was relatively sparse except for a few pictures of lions and circus paraphernalia. A desk with a computer and a stack of papers sat in the corner of the room.

Familiar locks of chestnut caught the corner eye. She turned her head and saw Trowa curled up in the corner of the bed. She blushed heavily as she realized exactly where she was. All she was wearing was a T-shirt and they were sharing a bed. He was still his clothes. "He must have been uncomfortable like that," she thought as her embarrassment melted away. He was a friend and could be trusted. She would shoot him if he took advantage of her and out of the all the pilots he knew best that she would do it. He was the one that knew most about her and had seen her in not so good times. He was one of the few people that understood her.

"There's no sense him staying over there when I feel better." She swung her legs over the bed and stood slowly. She hadn't eaten in the last two days between being too busy and being sick. It was coming back to haunt her now, but she would deal with it later. She looked around to see if she could find where he put her suit, but didn't see it anywhere. She hated to wake him, but she could not walk around half-naked. "Trowa," she said gently as she shook him.

Trowa rolled over and moaned lowly, making her gasp. His cheeks were reddened and he had little beads of sweat forming on his brow. His eyes fluttered opened. "You're awake," he said before starting to cough. He sat up. "I'll make you something to eat."

"Lay down," she ordered gently. "You're sick and I suspect you have a fever."

"I'm fine," he sneezed.

Lady Une scrunched her nose then pushed him back down. "I mean it, Trowa," she said urgently. "I feel fine." She lifted him and started to remove his shirt. He protested little due to his tiredness. He had never felt so tired in his life or so sick. He didn't even have the strength to become embarrassed as she removed his pants leaving him to lay on the bed in his boxers and socks. "Where are my clothes?"

"In the closet," he mumbled as sleep started to claim him. Lady Une opened the small closet and saw her suit hanging up neatly on a hanger. She stepped into the bathroom and quickly changed. By the time she came out, Trowa was in a fitful slumber. He still was not comfortable. She saw a small towel on the floor near where she had vacated the bed. She ran it under the cool water and wiped him down with the cool towel. That seemed to do the trick because he soon settled into a restful sleep, which satisfied her.

"I'll be back," she said softly. She smoothed back his hair and went into his kitchen to see if he had the necessary foodstuffs to make soup. Warm nourishing soup would help speed his recovery and get some liquids into his body.

She stopped short when she saw something on the table. Out of curiosity, she lifted the package and saw her name on it in familiar handwriting telling her happy birthday. Her mind flashed to last Christmas. "He's my secret admirer?" She sat down in surprise. She had assumed that it had been Heero or maybe she just wanted it to be him. When she thought about it, all of Trowa's behaviors the past year made sense. She just took it as wanting to establish a good working relationship after all she was closer to him than the others at first. Heero always typed everything that he gave her, she should have thought it strange that he hand wrote something. "Wishful thinking, I guess. I'll figure everything out later. I need to get something into his system."

"Trowa," she said sometime later. She hated to wake him, but he needed something to eat. He whined in his sleep as he tried to wake up. Victoria smiled. She imagined that he was not used to be taken care of. He did spend most of his youth alone, training to be soldier. "Drink this and you can get back to sleep."

His eyes opened in response, but Victoria could tell that his senses were not registering everything that was going on. She held cup the broth that she made to his lips and got him to drink most of it before he became uncooperative. "Go back to sleep," she urged pushing him down gently. She kissed him on the forehead and took the remaining broth into the kitchen. As she walked away from the sink, she stopped short for the second time that day. She kissed him, albeit on the forehead, but still it was kiss. Had her feelings for him changed since she now knew that he cared about her? "I'm just being silly, Trowa, is a friend."

She looked around with a nervous energy. She wanted to keep an ear out for him, but she needed something to do. Her eyes noticed that he was generally neat, but there were some things disarrayed. He had just come back from a mission the day she was sick and probably did not get the chance to straighten up, at least that was she figured as she started to clean the small little flat.

Father Figure by George Michael

© 2001 Devon Masterson

Another Bond Girl Production

I think we all know who belongs to who, Gundam Wing belongs to a whole bunch of rich influential people. I just do this for fun. Everybody knows med/grad school candidates don't have money so suing me if pointless.