Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Bohemian Rhapsady ❯ Movement Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Bohemian Rhapsody

By Devon Masterson

Movement Six

Aoi37@hotmail.com

"But sometimes love can be mistaken, for a crime…"

"Have a balloon, pretty lady," a vender offered.

Lady Une smiled and took the heart-shaped balloon from then man. She pulled a few bills from her purse. "Here."

The man shook his head. "You have kind eyes," he replied. "No charge."

"Thank you," she smiled before entering the tent. "If he only knew." Excited spectators talked animatedly and bustled about inside the tent trying to secure toys and snacks before the show started. She looked at her seat and noted that it was in the red section of the tent. Carefully, she picked her way through the crowds of people walking about to the red section then chose a seat where she could get the best vantage of the ring. As she sat down the, lights started to dim.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Red Triangle Circus," the ringmaster announced. A spotlight focused suddenly on the center of the ring where a man with curly brownish hair stood. "I am your ring master and tonight we will entertain you with amazing feats of acrobatics, cunning cutlery, and stunning animal theatrics. You will laugh, you will smile, you will be in awe of everything that your senses are exposed to." The crowd cheered in expectation from the build up and the ringmaster silenced them all. "We have a special treat for tonight only, Ladies and Gentlemen, one of our own has come back home to dazzle you once again with his fantastic aerial stunts. Wel…come… baaack… Trowa."

The crowd cheered as an upbeat musical piece started up. Trowa did a series of front flips with two lions running after him. He sprung high into the air and landed on one of the lions' backs with one hand. The crowd roared in response at the difficult feat then awed as he flipped onto the other lion running in the opposite direction when they passed each other.

Lady Une watched transfixed as she watched one of her comrades perform. She knew he was a talented aerialist. She had witnessed that first hand under her command. He was a talented soldier that was what drew her to him in the first place. She felt that he would understand what she was trying to accomplish in outer space and help forward her work. He seemed free as he sailed through the air entertaining the cheering crowd. It was though he enjoyed making everyone happy.

In the ring, Trowa did a somersault in the air then landed on the ground perfectly. He bowed deeply to each section of the tent. He lifted his hands towards the lions so that the crowd may cheer for them. He rubbed each of them behind the ear affectionately when some thing caught his eye. Long chestnut tresses of a woman leaving the red section. His eyes wandered over her body in recognition. He would know her anywhere even in a crowd full cheering smiling faces. He gave his final bows then led the lions back to their area. "I'll be back," he told them as he reached his hand to pet one of them.

"That was a great show, Trowa," Catherine praised as she hugged him.

"Thank you," he replied holding her. "I have to do something. I'll talk to you after your act." He ran off.

Catherine stood looking after her brother then shook her head. "I wonder why he's in such a hurry." She would have to get it out of him later.

Lady Une moved past the circus performers and stage crew as she made her way away from the tent. "It's rude to leave before the end of the show," Trowa commented as he caught up to her.

"Commander…Trowa," she corrected. "Your performance was excellent. You are to be commended."

"Thank you," he said, "but why did you leave after it was over."

"I learned what I wanted to know," she answered simply.

"And that is?"

"Why you do the things that you do," she answered. Trowa looked at her strangely and wanted to know more about what she learned. "You are a honorable man that wants nothing more than his friends to be happy and safe at whatever costs. I admire that."

"Thank, you," he said almost curiously.

"Here, this is more you than me," she said handing him the balloon. "From my heart." She looked at him warmly as if to apologize for the other day. She walked away. "See you tomorrow."

Trowa stood in surprise for a moment then nearly took a step after her. "Who's that, Trowa?" Catherine asked. She eyed the heart and the wistful look on his face. "Your girlfriend?"

"No," he answered softly.

Cathy looked at him with concern in her eyes. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," he answered putting arm around her and leading her back to tent.

%%%

Heero sat at his laptop in the study looking over the information that his father had left to Shinji before he had been killed. He made a few notes as he learned more about his new holdings as the sole heir of the Lowe family. Roger darted around the room sniffing his surroundings and picking up small objects then hiding them in his special place under Heero's chair. He finally got exhausted from all the many things that he could get into and climbed up to his favorite spot on Heero's head and went to sleep.

"Come in," he said before the person could knock. He was no longer used to so many people being underfoot that he was keenly aware of everyone's presence often times before they were ready to be known.

An older woman with long dark hair, walked in with a tray. "Odin-sama, you need to eat. You have been working so hard for the past eight hours."

"Had it been that long?" he wondered looking at his watch nonchalantly. To the woman, it appeared that he never missed a beat as he looked over the information. "Hmm."

The woman took that as acceptance and placed the tray near the silent man. She had prepared him a simple nourishing meal that would not interrupt his studies. She had been with the Lowe family for twenty-five years and knew that the young man would need every bit of time that there was. He first had to establish himself as the head of the Lowe Empire. That would greatly shake up Omega and he would most likely be falling all over himself trying to rectify the situation along the same manner as he did Odin, Sr. She was very worried for the young man that she helped raise, but it was out of her hands. It was his destiny.

Aki smiled as she saw the small animal resting on its master's head. She also brought him a little something as well. "If you need anything let me know, Odin-sama." She turned and started for the door.

"Thank you, Aki," he said lowly still not looking from his screen.

"You're welcome, Odin-sama," she smiled. "I'm just glad to have you back." She closed the door softly.

Heero picked up the sandwich and munched while looking through the information. Some time later he looked away from the screen and rubbed his eyes. He had been at it since seven that morning and had absorbed enough information to make some people crazy. He was going to need some assistance. He sighed as Roger woke up and climbed into his lap to be petted. He fed him pieces of banana as he stroked the little animal. "You're right," he said suddenly. "It would be foolish to attempt do this alone. Failure is not an option."

Roger looked at him then sat up. He licked Heero's chin in agreement or at least that was how it was interpreted. Heero placed Roger on his head then dialed the vid phone and got no answer. He dialed another line. "Winner Enterprises, A company of today with your future in mind," an operator greeted, "How may I direct your call?"

"I need to speak with Quatre Winner."

"I'll put you in touch with his personal assistant. Please hold."

Heero sighed as he listened to soft music while watching a screen saver. It was the most boring music he had ever heard. He was debating whether or not he should hang up when a young woman's image popped on the screen. "Thank you for holding. How may I help you?"

"I need to speak with Quatre."

The woman raised an eyebrow in curiosity at this young man's obvious familiarity with her superior. "Mr. Winner is a very busy man. Is there anything that I can possibly help you with?"

"This is Odin Lowe the II of Lowe Industries," he informed. He was growing annoyed with all of the running around by this point.

"Right away Mr. Lowe," the woman said. The screen went blank momentarily.

"Quatre Winner, here," he greeted. A smile lit across his face when he saw Heero's image on the screen. "Odin…how have you been?"

"As good as could be expected," he answered actually feeling shy around one of his best friends. It was the first time that he reached out to his past. "I need your expertise."

"Whatever you need," Quatre replied glad to know that his friend was alive and well at least from what he could tell. He was puzzled about why Heero was calling himself Odin Lowe the II though.

"How soon can you be in Tokyo?" he asked.

"I can leave now," he answered. "I'm not doing anything right now that can't be done from any location."

"Then I'll see you tonight. I'll pick you up from the airport."

Quatre nodded. "It's good to see you again, Odin," he commented. "Winner out."

"Lowe out," Heero said. The screen went black. He was too young to get too far in his studies of business when he had been taken. Quatre had been groomed for this sort of life in addition to his training as gundam pilot. The Arabian's expertise would be a great asset.

Some distance away, Quatre gathered his things into his briefcase after informing his assistant that he had some business to attend to and could reached on his cell phone. He stopped in his actions for a moment as he wondered why Heero just didn't call him directly on his phone when he noticed that his phone was off. "Well that explains it, the battery needs to be charged. I didn't realize how busy I've been lately. No wonder I didn't notice Trowa's situation."

"Where are you off into in such a hurry?" Duo asked leaning against the wall.

Quatre looked up. "I'm glad you stopped by, Duo. I got a call from Heero or should I say Odin Lowe the II."

"So that really was his mother," Duo commented. "Odin? No wonder he rather be called Heero. That sounds like the name of a mama's boy."

"I'll pass the message along," Quatre teased. He closed his briefcase.

"Oh no you're not going to get me shot when he comes back. I rather set myself up on my own, thank you," he said shaking his head. "Did he say where he was?"

"He's in Tokyo."

"Tokyo, huh? I might as well go with you and see what he's up to. There's nothing to do around here and the Ocean group lead is dead. The trail went cold with some guy named Omega and he lives in Tokyo, " Duo suggested.

"I could always use the company," Quatre replied. "We have to get going. I told my pilot to have the jet ready."

"We can check in with the others in the morning," Duo added as Quatre walked towards him. "I always wanted to see Japan. Maybe I can get some anime cheap."

Quatre chuckled then shut his door behind them.

Father Figure by George Michael

© 2001 Devon Masterson

Another Bond Girl Production

I think we all know who belongs to who, Gundam Wing belongs to a whole bunch of rich influential people. I just do this for fun. Everybody knows med/grad school candidates don't have money so suing me if pointless.