Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Bohemian Rhapsady ❯ Movement Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Bohemian Rhapsody

By Devon Masterson

Movement Five

Aoi37@hotmail.com

"But something tells me together, we'd be happy…"

Heero stared out of the window into the clouds as he headed for his real origins. The Japanese man sighed as he took out a snap shot out of his shirt pocket. It was of Lady Une and the previous president's arm. He had taken the liberty of removing the unwanted figure from the picture after liberating the photo from her apartment.

He didn't like leaving her behind, but he had to take care of the business that his father had not been able to finish. There was no time to explain his complicated past to her. He had wished that they could have had more time together. Things between them moved faster than he would have liked, but he had to make her his before he left so that she knew how he felt. She looked so peaceful as she slept. His body still tingled from her closeness. A smile crossed his lips as he thought about her resting her head on his chest and him stroking her chestnut hair as she drifted off to sleep. He could still smell the light melon scent of her hair and the berries from her skin.

A memory of earlier that evening at the ball, as vision of red, drifted into his mind's eye. The dress looked spectacular on her. He never would have imagined that she could look so beautiful then his angel smiled at him. If he hadn't been sure of his exact feelings then, he was now. She was everything that he wanted; someone special, someone sacred. It was true what they said; heaven was a kiss and a smile. Those two things had been his official undoing. Finishing everything up in Japan was his main objective so that he could get back to her.

"Please buckle your seat belts and place your trays in the upright position as we're about to land at the Tokyo International Airport," a stewardess announced politely. "We hope that you enjoy your stay and thank you for flying with G-Wing Air."

Heero looked out at the buildings whizzing by as they slowed down. It was time to get down to business.

%%%

Lady Une cut off the light in her office and shut the door behind her. "Working late?" a voice, asked.

She turned around quickly in surprise. "I thought you were gone for the day."

"I was just finishing up some things," Trowa remarked, shutting down his computer.

"Oh well, I expect a report on your findings in the morning," she commented as she put on her coat. "Good night, Commander Barton."

"I'll walk with you. I was on my way out as well."

"I know what he told you. I don't need a babysitter, Commander Barton," she snapped as she stalked away.

Trowa grabbed her arm and looked into her eyes. "Understand my position and let me keep my promise to him," he said in annoyance, "Heero's my friend and he thinks highly of you."

She met his stare then turned away. It was amazing how loyal they all were to each other "Do what you have to, Commander," she replied pulling her arm away from him. She walked out of the outer office and started down the hall.

"I always do," he said lowly as he followed after her. The two walked in tension filled silence to the garage.

Lady Une stopped at her car and hit the unlock key on her keyless entry control. "Good night," she said lowly as she opened the door.

Trowa pushed the door closed gently. He turned her towards him. He tilted her chin upward so that she looked into his visible eye. "The scorned woman does not become you, Victoria," he observed regretfully. "You have more spirit than that."

"Commander…"

"Trowa," he corrected. "We're off duty."

Her eyes flashed in indignance. "Trowa," she began calmly, "you shouldn't go around theorizing about things that you do not know about." She pulled away from him and opened the door.

He watched her drive off then walked to his own car. At least the fire and confidence were in her eyes when she told him off. "Heero, how could you leave her without making sure she knew where you two stood?" he wondered as he opened the door.

Twenty minutes later, Lady Une opened the door of her apartment. She sighed as she dropped her mail on the coffee table and sat dropped into a chair. It had been a hectic day between meetings and her finding out about Heero's departure. She started to leaf through the mail. Perhaps there would be some good news amongst the mail. A bright colored flyer caught her attention making her skip right to it. "The Red Triangle Circus," she said aloud reading the flyer. She shrugged and started to ball up the flyer when she saw a name that caught her eye, Catherine. "The cunning artistic stylings of the beautiful Catherine."

Catherine was the name of Trowa's sister and she was performer in a circus that frequented the colonies and occasionally Earth. It could not be a coincidence. Lady Une started to smooth out the flyer so that she could note the location and show times. "Perhaps in seeing the circus that he spent so much time in, I'll get a better understanding of him," she thought. She placed the flyer down in her 'later' pile then continued to leaf through the mail.

%%%

Heero stood in front of a large estate and pushed open the door. He looked around cautiously and in retrospect of the large house. He touched the foyer table and a memory of him running through the house laughing flashed in his mind. That was an innocent carefree him, one that no longer existed.

"What are you doing here?" a man asked from behind Heero. He raised a gun. "This is private property."

Heero raised his hands slowly. He had heard the man walk up sometime ago, but chose to ignore him. "Handling business," he answered.

"What in the devil are you talking about?" he demanded impatiently. "Turn around."

Heero turned around slowly. He instantly recognized the man as his father's most trusted man. "It's me, Shinji."

Shinji's eyes widened. "Oji-sama?" he asked. His brow furrowed together. "Validate your identity."

"I'm putting my hands down," Heero informed as he moved his hands down slowly. He slowly went to lift his pants leg and roll his socks down.

"Oji-sama," Shinji cried out as he hugged the young man that he hadn't seen in nearly a decade and half. "I was wondering when you would come back. You have grown up so much." He tousled Heero's hair. "You look just like your father."

Heero pulled away from the man. He was not same as the little boy that left in the dark of night in a laundry bag. "So I have been told," he said coldly.

"You've definitely changed, Oji-sama," Shinji observed looking at the cold man that stood before him. "A result of your training, I see."

"How do you know about that?" Heero asked slightly annoyed. He wasn't aware that anyone associated with his father knew where he had been.

"I was the one who took you to J," Shinji answered. "I had a friend that studied under him a long time ago. He told me that Dr. J was looking for a young protégé and so I took you to him. I never knew where he took you after that or that you were a gundam pilot until the war had ended. I was escorting your father to L-1 and someone called out to you. That was when I finally put two and two together. Your father never knew." He looked away.

"It was for my safety and mother's," Heero replied his jaw tightening. He didn't like dealing with his past, but it was a necessary evil and he knew it. Something would come of it though. He would finally be free after everything was over and able to reclaim his life. He would have something to offer Victoria.

"You're right, Oji-sama," he agreed.

"Don't call me that! I'm no longer six years old nor is there any chance of confusion about which Odin you're talking about." He always hated the name Odin and had been grateful the nickname, but now being called 'prince' was embarrassing. He was a regular guy. "I prefer to be called Heero amongst ourselves."

"Yes, Heero-sama," Shinji replied bowing his head in respect. "You have my loyalty and it will be a pleasure to help you take down Omega to avenge your father."

"Loyalty is something that is earned," Heero commented. "I have done nothing to earn yours, so do this for my father."

Shinji smiled seeing that the teachings of both Odin and Serena had been instilled in their son's character through out everything. He nodded. "You should get some rest, Heero-sama, before dinner. I want to go over some things afterwards then you could get a good night's sleep. I will tell Aki of your return and she will make your favorite dish. It is still curried shrimp with rice?"

Heero's eyebrow raised. It had been several years since he had Aki's cooking. If she was still as good as he remembered, he would rather skip to dinner. "That's fine," he said simply as he started up the stairs.

"I will have the servants bring your bag up to your father's room," Shinji informed. "You are the master of the house now. Rest well, Heero-sama."

"I will be up in a couple of hours," he replied as he started up the stairs. Once at the top, he started down the hall. He stopped once he reached a large bedroom, the room that his parents once shared. The room was smaller than his memories recalled, but it was impressive nonetheless. The room was elegantly decorated in crimson and gold, but obviously a man's bedchamber. It reminded him a bit of Quatre's room in his safe house on L-4.

Heero stood by the bed and ran his hand over the crimson colored comforter. He laid on his back and stared at the ceiling. An object caught the outside of his peripheral vision. It was a silver picture frame. He recognized the smiling faces as himself at age four and his mother. He picked up the picture and looked at the happiness on their faces. That all changed in just two years. He was separated from his parents, almost stripped of his humanity, put through training so that he would have to handle situations that no one, much less a blooming adolescent, should have to encounter. He put the frame back on the nightstand and pulled out his picture of Victoria. "Wait for me," he pleaded before closing his eyes and pushing her to the back of his mind.

Father Figure by George Michael

© 2001 Devon Masterson

Another Bond Girl Production

I think we all know who belongs to who, Gundam Wing belongs to a whole bunch of rich influential people. I just do this for fun. Everybody knows med/grad school candidates don't have money so suing me if pointless.