Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Bohemian Rhapsady ❯ Movement Ten ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Bohemian Rhapsody

By Devon Masterson

Movement Ten

Aoi37@hotmail.com

"If you are the desert, I'll be the sea…"

"Well what do you think?" Victoria asked. She spun around gracefully so that he could admire her dress.

Trowa's eyes washed over her. Her dress was the traditional red that every woman would be wearing at the ball, but what set her apart was the slim cut of it. She had managed to pick out one the sexiest dresses he had ever seen and still managed to have it come across conservative. It accented and hid all of the right places but dared the spectator's imagination with the spaghetti straps and high split in the back. This year she had her hair down. Curly locks cascaded down her back with the sides pulled back in with small silver pins. "I like what I see," he replied flirtatiously as he stood. He pulled her into his arms and whispered into her ear. "You'll make every other woman envious."

She smiled at his closeness. "Is that fact or opinion."

"Fact," he remarked. He kissed her gently.

"You look handsome as well," she complimented. She liked the way he looked in a tuxedo, but then she liked the way he looked in almost anything, especially without a shirt. "And you're right I will be the envy of all the other women, but because of my handsome date." She winked at him then pulled away to get her wrap from off the bed.

Trowa smiled as he watched her fluid-like movements in the dress. It was hard to believe that a year ago they shared a dance at the Scarlet Ball. The past year had been perfect except for Heero. He still hadn't gotten around to telling him about Victoria, he never asked. It was a matter of time though; Lowe Industries just completed a corporate take over of Omega Corp. Heero got his revenge by getting Omega were it hurt.

"Trowa," she said softly. She put her hand on his shoulder. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," he answered. He wrapped his arms around her waist. "You know we could always skip this and stay home."

"You and I both know that the President wants us all there," she replied. She pulled away gently. "Besides, this is the first year that I have date to the ball. I have to show you off." She touched his nose affectionately then pulled him towards the door.

Trowa shook his head and smiled. She was more like her mother than she would care to admit, but something told him that if he pointed that out he might be staring down the barrel of her gun. There were some things that he would never put past his lover. He knew how far to push her and when to let go. She was a lot more complex then he gave her credit for. He never would have figured she had much of a sense of humor, albeit dry most times. His own sense of humor wasn't the best but was getting better as he lead a more normal life or close enough. She was quite something. "Who will be showing off whom?"

Victoria raised an eyebrow in challenge. "We shall have to see, Commander."

Trowa opened the door. "After you," he said graciously. She nodded and walked past him. "I have a surprise for you later," he whispered lowly.

She blushed lightly at his warm breath caressing her ear. It was amazing how he always seemed to do that with little effort given the difference in their heights. She stood at statuesque five foot nine and he at six foot three. She couldn't wait to see what activity he had planned for later.

"I see you were able to make it," Wufei greeted as Trowa and Victoria walked up. "These things are always boring and they say misery loves company."

"Perhaps if you danced with someone it'll lighten things for you, Commander," Victoria suggested.

"I am not the dancing type, Colonel," Wufei replied as he watched the red and black figures move in time to the music. One particular red figure with blond hair caught his eye. "Excuse me." He walked towards to lady that caught his eye and solicited her for a dance.

"I knew he wouldn't be around long," Trowa observed as he watched Sally and Wufei dance. The two of them had undercover budding romance or at least they believed that they did anyway.

Victoria cleared her throat gracefully. "It is a shame that lady has to hint to her date that she would liked to be asked to dance."

"It is when she makes him as happy as you make me," he commented as he took her hand. He led her to the dance floor and they swayed to an instrumental `classical' piece called Voices.

She leaned her head on his shoulder as he lead. The song was slow and allowed her to just enjoy being in his arms. This was the happiness and security that she had always longed for. There were no feelings of inadequacy or daring feats that she felt she had to accomplish to prove herself. They were just having a normal life.

They danced a couple more songs then Victoria relinquished Trowa to dance with the wife of one of the Vice Foreign Ministers. She motioned to him that she was going to something to drink and made her way to the bar waving off offers as she went. As she made her way to the bar, she didn't notice a pair of Prussian eyes following her. "A glass of champagne, please," she requested. The bartender poured her a glass and smiled as he handed it to her.

"Here you are Miss," he commented.

"Thank you," she said smiling.

"You look a little young to be at a function like this," he complimented. "You can't be anymore than twenty-five and already you're hobnobbing with the most powerful politicians in the world."

"I'm a Preventer," she answered. She was curious to see how far his flirting would go.

"No, a sweet girl like you," he grinned. "That kind of work doesn't suit you. It has be too ruthless at times dealing with terrorists and crazies."

"I admit it does become rough at times, but I have been worse situations. I'm pretty confident in myself."

The bartender's eyes slid over her body. "I believe you are. You look like you're in excellent shape. Quite fit."

Victoria bit the inner part of her lip to keep from laughing at him. She couldn't believe he was being so forward with her when he hardly knew her. A mischievous glint shined in her eye as an idea how shock him came to mind. "I have to be when I have with so many working under me."

"Really?" he asked curiously. "You're in good with the top brass. You are full of surprises."

"You have no idea." She smiled at him.

The man looked at her with a goofy expression. In his mind, he was forming his night plans. "I would love to find out all of your surprises. What's your name, Sweetness?"

"Sweetness? He's lucky that I'm in a giving mood tonight," she thought as she started to grow tired of the prank. "Where are my manners, I should introduce myself," her eyes brightened as she went in for the kill, "you may call me Lady Une."

The bartender's eyes widened in recognition. "Head of Preventers Lady Une?"

She nodded as she fought from laughter. The man looked as though he had seen some thing devastating as he got the text book `fear for my soul' look that she had grown accustomed to seeing on people that recognized her. She took her glass of champagne and blew a kiss to him. She quickly walked out to the hall. Once she was out of sight, she let out the laughter that she had been containing. "I haven't had a laugh like that in weeks." She wiped her eyes a few seconds later and gathered her composure. She turned around to go back to the party when she saw Heero.

"Victoria," he greeted. He had watched the whole scene with the bartender and found it humorous as well. "I see you still have your since of humor."

"It's important to have sometimes," she said almost coldly.

Heero detected the frost in her voice and instantly knew that he had a mistake not telling her what he was up to the past year. "I missed you."

Her eyes flashed with indignation but she remained calm. "I wouldn't have guessed that over the past year.

"Victoria," he began.

"Heero or should I say Odin, when you left without so much as a word to me, I took that as you not being interested. I have moved on and there's someone else in my life."

Heero's eyes widened. Common sense would dictate that she would move on to someone else, but his selfishness made him think otherwise. It made him think that no one else would realize the treasure she was and that she would wait for him even without a spelled out reason. "I see."

"Did you think that you could toss me on the shelf for a year and I still be there waiting like a loyal dog?" she asked. She could feel the anger creeping into her voice and he could as well.

"I didn't mean to hurt you," he said simply. He balled his fists by his side. He needed to talk to the others and find out who this new man was and why wasn't he informed.

"But you did," she said as she brushed past him. She had said all that she needed to say. There was no point in coming across like some lost cause over him. Trowa was in her personal life now and he made her happy.

Heero fought from grabbing her by the arm and telling her how he really felt and why he did what he did. He knew it would be no use right now. She was too hurt and angry at facing him for the first time after a year of abandonment. It seemed like he always made mistakes when it came to handling situations with her. He stalked off in the opposite direction to get some air.

"Thank you, for the dance, Commander Barton," one of the Vice Foreign Ministers' wives said graciously.

"The pleasure is all mine," he replied as Victoria caught his eye. She was rushing towards the balcony. "She's upset about something." He looked toward the older woman. "Excuse me." The woman nodded and watched him rush off.

Victoria reached the balcony and took a deep breath as she took in the night air. She was glad that it was empty. She didn't feel like explaining anything to anyone who felt the need to suddenly become sympathetic. She just wanted to be alone.

Familiar, strong arms circled her from behind and she turned around and buried her face into his chest. "What's wrong, baby?" he asked tenderly.

She wondered how would she begin. It's not exactly easy to say that she saw an old lover that she did not have a sense of closure with and she finally told him off. Especially when it was on of his best friends. It just then occurred to her that Heero didn't know that she and Trowa were together. That would greatly complicate things. She assumed that he didn't care until she saw him only moments ago. Friction would come between them now and she would be responsible for it. This was not the kind of talk that she wanted to have here. She pulled away then turned from him. She didn't want him to know that she had been crying. "I just felt emotional for a moment."

Trowa lowered his eyes. He knew she was hiding something from him. He turned her toward him and looked into her eyes. "You missed one," he said gently. He wiped away her tear with his finger. "Now tell me what's wrong or I will bother you until you do."

Victoria smirked at his light-hearted comment. "We'll talk about it later."

"I'm going to hold you to that," he warned. He tilted her chin upward and kissed her lightly. "In the mean time I want to bring that smile back to your face." She looked at him confused when he brought out small velvet box. "I was saving this for when we got back."

Her eyes widened as she realized what was starting to happen. All she could is stand like an idiot in shock as he got down on one knee. "Victoria, will you marry me?"

She felt her blood pressure drop and was sure she was going to pass out, but she remained strong as her eyes misted for a different reason. A shocked, happy, `oh my gosh' smile appeared on her face. "Yes," she answered.

Trowa grinned at the lost of decorum she experienced. He placed the ring on her finger and kissed her deeply. She had made him the happiest man in the system. As the kiss grew deeper, he heard a soft rustling noise that would be missed by most. His eyes looked around to make sure there was no danger when he saw Heero walking away in the shadows. His heart sank as one of the greatest moments in his life suddenly lost its flavor. He suddenly realized why she had been so upset.

Victoria noticed his sudden distraction. "Is something wrong?"

Trowa looked apologetic. He caressed her face. "Baby, I will be right back. I have to do something that is long over due."

She nodded in understanding. She kissed him lightly. "Good luck."

He flashed her a smile of assurance then walked away.

Father Figure by George Michael

© 2001 Devon Masterson

Another Bond Girl Production

I think we all know who belongs to who, Gundam Wing belongs to a whole bunch of rich influential people. I just do this for fun. Everybody knows med/grad school candidates don't have money so suing me if pointless.