Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Bohemian Rhapsady ❯ Movement Twenty-Three ( Chapter 23 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Bohemian Rhapsody

By Devon Masterson

Movement Twenty-three

Aoi37@hotmail.com

"…until the end of time."

AN: Last chapter!! Thanks to all those who reviewed and kept reading until the end. I have other 1x11 fic on FFnet, Ashiteru, and Devon's Anime Realm. There will also be a sequel that focuses more on Duo and will clear up the remaining issues for Heero and Victoria. It's shall be called Mea Culpa. Read and enjoy!

"Mother?" Fritz asked shutting the door of the parlor behind him. "There is something that I have to tell you."

She put her paperwork down. "What is it?"

Fritz took in a deep breath. He knew his mother hated it when people tried to soften the blow for her. She rarely became angry, but when she did it was quite unnerving. "Christoff did not die at birth he was kidnapped. I'm sorry that I did not tell you, but father said it was best."

"I know," she said calmly. "He told me before he died."

He let out a sigh of relief. She was not devastated nor was she mad with him. "There's more."

"Oh?" she asked curiously with an eyebrow raised.

"Victoria really does take after mother." Fritz cleared his throat. "I did some checking and I know I am not well connected as Victoria…"

"Spit it out, Darling," the Countess urged.

"I took a hair sample from Duo and had it analyzed with our family DNA and it matches one-hundred percent."

The Countess sat down quickly for fear of passing out. "Well this is a surprise."

Fritz put his hand on her should and she placed her hand over his. "Deep down you knew. It was your delirium that made us look into it."

"Us?"

"Vicky knows as well. She was doing a search of her own, but you know how she can be."

The Countess chuckled. "Well, dear, she is the youngest and she always was mature. All of you treat her like a child and she resented that even when she was a child. She has calmed down quite a bit."

Fritz looked at her with an eyebrow raised. "I'd say she's worse. She scares me sometimes."

"And I scare her," the Countess replied. "Therefore control is still maintained." She smiled good-naturedly.

"Mother, you are one of a kind."

"Be glad God broke the mold with me when he did," she commented then shifted back to the sensitive subject. "Does he know?"

"No," he answered, " as far as I know."

"I need time to think of what to say to him," she replied. "He's going to be upset naturally. He doesn't like people sneaking around on him. He is like your father in that respect and he is probably going to think I knew the whole time."

"What about everyone else?"

"We will tell him first that way he will not feel bombarded," she answered. She was worried what we would think of her. He would be angry when he found out that she was quite sure. If he was anything like her, he would have quite a temper. Everyone in her family with a calm exterior tended to have a quite a temper that rivaled nothing short of a devastating natural disaster. She was sure that he would understand, but he would need some time.

Time…that meant time away from her and she did not want that, not after finally finding him and knowing the truth. "I'll lose him if I keep this from him." It was going to be hard waiting for him to adjust to the knowledge of his latent history. He was her son; he would rise to the occasion. He would not disappoint her, he was still himself no matter what and that's what she loved about him. He and Victoria being her youngest were the extreme opposites of her personality, the rest of the children maintained the middle land some where. All of her children were entertaining and a blessing to her, she would do all she could to keep them all together. "I need some time, Darling."

Fritz nodded then left his mother to her thoughts.

%%%

"So, Q-man, you and Cathy finally got hitched? Took long enough," Duo commented.

Quatre smiled at his teasing and squeezed Catherine's hand gently. "I took your advice for once."

"See someone is finally starting to appreciate Shinigami. I knew this day would happen," he smirked. "Now all you need is some knife throwing empaths running around you'll be in business."

Catherine blushed and Quatre laughed at Duo's comment. "Check back in seven months."

"Seriously?" Duo asked and was met with two nods. "You two work fast. Now if Victoria and Heero would get their action going a little faster then you guys would be done. I know Wu-man is about to crack. Sally's got that covered." Duo sat back and smiled. "At least I know now why it took so long for you to get here. Maybe now we can all gang up on Heero."

"Where is he anyway?" Quatre asked

"He left," Victoria answered as she came down the stairs.

"Where did he go?" Quatre asked.

"Back to Tokyo, I assume," she replied.

Duo glanced over Victoria and noticed the slight puffiness that most would not have noticed. He looked toward Quatre who noticed as well and nodded. He touched Catherine's hand then said something lowly her. "I'm going to get some air," he announced before leaving.

"I know what you two are planning," Victoria replied. "Heero and I are just friends. In fact, Andrea and I are moving to L-3 there's a school there Andrea could benefit from."

"Oh come…" Duo's sentence trailed.

"Duo, I need to speak with you," the Countess interrupted.

Victoria's observant eyes studied the Countess. "She knows." She had monitored Fritz's activities since yesterday and knew he was conducting his own tests. "It never stops."

"Sure," he replied as he left the room.

"How have you been Catherine?" Victoria greeted.

"Happy, for the first time in a year, I'm really happy," Catherine answered. "I have my husband and we're expecting a baby. Are you happy, Victoria?"

"Congratulations are in order to you and Quatre," She replied ignoring the question.

Catherine stood and held Victoria by the shoulders. She stared into her eyes. "It's okay to love Heero. You're not doing anything wrong. Trowa would want this. Heero is the only one who could love you as much as he did. I know what happened between you three, but it's okay."

Victoria pulled anyway. "I can't face him. I've put him through too much. It's best that I move out and let him move on."

Catherine sighed and released her hold on Victoria. "Better for you whom," replied before leaving. She needed to get some of tension she was feeling out before she cried. If it had been Trowa, she might have slapped him to help get her point across, but that kind of tactic would most likely have the opposite effect on Victoria, her words would have to be enough.

Duo stormed into the room, just as Catherine left, and looked at Victoria with an accusatory glare. "How long did you know?"

"I received confirmation this morning," she answered.

"So all this time, I thought I was Duo Maxwell and life was straight then I find out that I was stolen as a baby and put through a hell that no one should have to go through as a child. I don't know who the hell I am!"

"You are still Duo Maxwell," she stated simply in her all business tone. "And you are Christoff Wagner, my younger brother. You, of all people, I expected to handle this better. You are the most annoying, versatile person I know. This will pass."

Duo's expression softened. "Yeah and I love you too…Vicky." He laughed as she narrowed her eyes and pulled out her Derringer. "I'll tell mom."

Her eyes widened slightly and she put her gun away. "I can still make your life hell."

"So then life would be came old same old."

"You go to far," she warned.

"I like living dangerously," He quipped then became serious again. "I need sometime to think. I'll be hanging around L-2 for awhile. Tell her I'll call her." He then turned to leave. "Second chances are rare, Vicky."

%%%

Heero looked out of the window at the land fleeting from him. Quatre had just left after bugging him about trying again with Victoria. The blond Arabian didn't know what this was like. Twice he had been shut out of her life, the first time was his fault, but the second time hurt more. "I shouldn't have let her go…"

"I want to apologize."

Heero turned around in pure shock. No one ever sneaked up on him or infiltrated his personal space. "How did you get in here?" he asked standing.

"That is not important," she commented. "I wanted to apologize for this morning. I don't know how to explain…"

"I don't want to talk about it," he replied kissing her. He would miss the opportunity.

Victoria wrapped her arms around his neck and enjoyed the warmth of his closeness that in itself told her all he needed to know. "I love you," she whispered into his mouth.

He pulled away for a moment and touched her face affectionately. He had longed to hear those words from her for the past three years and he was going to milk the situation for all it was worth. She was finally his and he going to enjoy every moment of it. He picked her up and carried her to the couch. "Heero?" She knew what was on his mind and she had to admit it had been on hers for awhile, but then there was decorum.

Heero looked at her tenderly and for first time smiled seductively. "You owe me."

"…listen as the wind blows…"- Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody

Father Figure by George Michael

© 2002 Devon Masterson

Another Bond Girl Production

I think we all know who belongs to who, Gundam Wing belongs to a whole bunch of rich influential people. I just do this for fun. Everybody knows med/grad school candidates don't have money so suing me if pointless.