Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Boys and Girls ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Wing. Gundam Wing and all of it's characters are owned by Sunrise.


After taking several deep breaths Quatre finally found the courage to knock on Trowa's door. 'I can do it. I can do it!' she chanted to herself. 'If it worked for Duo, it can work for me.'

She heard a muffled come in from the other side of the door and hesitantly stepped inside the room. Trowa's room, like Heero's, was almost totally empty. However, unlike Heero's room, he kept his windows open. Trowa was lying on his bed reading a novel when Quatre came in. He didn't even bother to look up at her as she entered the room. "What is it?" he asked as he turned a page in his book.

"T-Trowa," she stammered. "W-we need to talk."

He sighed as he put down his book and sat up straight, looking Quatre straight in the eyes.

Quatre took a shaky breath as she sat down next to him. She looked at him for a second and then turned her head and blushed. 'Why does he have to look at me like that?' she asked herself. "There are something's that we want to say but can't... and there are times when we need to say them, but never have the chance," she said, she could barely hear her own words over the sound of her pounding heart.* "Do you understand what I'm trying to say, Trowa?"

He nodded, and strangle, it seemed like he really knew what she meant. "Go on," he said wanting to hear what it was she had to say.

"Here goes," she whispered. "I'm a-"

"Girl?" Trowa finished for her.

Quatre's head snapped up with his words. He face drained of color as she meant his gaze. He was serious. "What?" she exclaimed in her natural voice.

"That's what you were going to say right?" he asked as if it were nothing. "That your really a girl?"

"Yea, but-"

"How did I know?" he asked. Quatre was getting scared now. It was like Trowa was reading her mind. It must have been obvious, because Trowa sighed and turned away. "Because I'm a girl, too." He whispered.

"What!?" Quatre squeaked as she leapt off the bed almost falling backwards. All this time she was in love with another girl? Did that mean she was a lesbian?

That's when Trowa did something she never would have guessed he (or rather she?) would ever do. He laughed. A real, deep manly laugh that cleared away any idea that he could possibly be a girl. The he stood up and hugged her close. She felt her whole body go limp as Trowa's strong arms wrapped around her. Protecting her. Keeping her safe and warm. She almost felt like falling a sleep then and there.

"I'm sorry Quatre," he said in a soothing voice.

'I didn't know Trowa could be comforting,' she thought.

"It was a bad joke that's all." He began to slightly rock her back and forth. It was so hard to stay awake now. "I guess I always kind of knew you were a girl," he confessed. "There was something about you that just, I don't know, gave it all away."

"I love you Trowa," she mumbled as she completely fell asleep.



He heard Quatre's breathing become steady. He lifted her in his arms and laid her sleeping form on his bed. He watched as she slept and felt a small smile creep on to his face.

It was true. The second that he first saw Quatre he knew that she was a girl. She was just to feminine in both actions and looks to possibly be a boy. Although, there were times when he was confused. When even he didn't know what gender she really was. After all, she must have been pulling this charade her whole life. She would have get good at acting like a boy sooner or later. However, it was foolish of her father to think she would never start to look like a girl.

He shook his head. No, he shouldn't think about it. It would just get him angry, and that wouldn't do. He can't change the past. All he could do now was think about the future, and hope for the best.

"I love you, too, Quatre," he whispered.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

*Ever have something like that happen to you? I have. It's not fun.