Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Boys and Girls ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing. Gundam Wing is owned by Sunrise.


Quatre ran her brush threw her short blonde hair for what seemed to her like the one millionth time that day. She looked at her reflection in the mirror and felt even more nervous than before. She was dressed in a black dress that went down just above her knees. She had bought it just the other day, along with a pair of matching shoes. She wasn't really comfortable in girls clothing, and this was her first time wearing a dress. She didn't know how to put on make up at that. She didn't dare try. She had watched her older sisters do it before and it seemed hard to her. Most likely she wouldn't know if she had on too much or too little.

Sighing she moved to sit down on her bed. She rested her face in her palms. 'Why am I so nervous?' she thought. 'It's just a date. And with Trowa at that!' This would be their first real date. The couple of course had spent a lot of time together, but never have they went out for dinner at a fancy restaurant. Simply, because Quatre didn't know how to act on a date.

'At least not a date with a "boy",' she thought bitterly. Her sisters, not knowing any better, had always given her advise on dates by telling her how to act like a "gentleman." They didn't know that she wasn't a he, and it felt strange for her to tell them now. They may find out sooner or later, but for now Quatre decided to wait until the time is right. When that was, she didn't know.

"I wish I was never born," she grumbled aloud as she flopped down on her bed. She chuckled slightly to herself. "Or better yet, I wish I was born a boy! Things wouldn't be so hard then."



Then...

It was late at night. The Sun wouldn't be up for hours and everything was quite and still. The butlers and maids had all gone home for the night and the ones that live there had went to their rooms. Everyone was quietly sleeping.

Everyone but a small blonde child quietly tip-toeing threw the hallway, so as not to wake anyone. Hunched over the poor child wrapped her little arms around her stomach as wave after wave of pain shoot threw her. Peering threw the darkness, the child was barely able to make out the faintest outline of the door to her father's bedroom.

As trembling hands reached up to the door knob the small child suddenly felt a wave of nervousness wash over her, and quickly pulled her hand back. 'Maybe I should go back to bed,' the girl thought, chewing on her lower lip. 'Father doesn't like to be disturbed at night.'

Looking down at her pajama bottoms, the child remembered why she was standing there. She had waken up in the middle of the night in extreme pain and went to the bathroom only to discover that her favorite pajamas were now covered in blood. Doing the only thing that any child knew how to do, the poor thing went straight for her father. 'I'm already eleven years old. I shouldn't go running to father when ever I have a problem. I should be a man and go back to bed.' Just as the girl thought that, another wave of pain washed over her, and she decided that she had to go in. She couldn't take the pain any more.

As she entered her father's room she felt the pain get even worse and that the blood was starting to flow again. "Father," she whispered. Waiting a few seconds only to see that her father was still snoring she called out his name again. "Father wake up," she whispered again only this time a little louder.

She saw her father stir as he finally noticed her. He turned to see her hunched over and holding tightly to her stomach, her little face twisted in pain. He blinked a few times and began to rub the sleep from his eyes as he said, "Quatre what's wrong?"

"Father I'm," she paused, struggling to find the right words, "I'm bleeding."

Mr. Winner was now fully awake when her heard those words. "What? Where?" he asked, his voice dripping with concern.

Quatre's face seemed to turn beet red as she nodded to her pants and said, "Down there... between my legs..."

In even in the dark bedroom one could just barely see Mr. Winner's face drain of any and all color, and for good reason. The man had wanted a boy so badly that he had hid the fact that his first son was really his 30th daughter. He had kept young Quatre's true gender a secret from everyone, including the child's sisters and Quatre herself. To make sure that Quatre kept thinking that she was really a he, he had taken her out of school just as all the other children were learning about the human body, so that she wouldn't find out that she had girl parts and not boy parts.

Any psychologist would say that the man was sick and just about any police officer would likely arrest him for child abuse,* but he didn't care. He needed Quatre to be a boy. Had his wife lived threw the pregnancy he would have simply tired again to have a son, but it was too late now. He knew that this day would come. When Quatre would hit puberty. Soon nature would take it's course and turn Quatre into the woman that she was.

However, being the strange man with questionable methods that he was he decided that, rather than give up the charade and tell Quatre the truth about the human body and that she was a girl, he would hang on to his little lie for a few more years. "Don't worry Quatre," He said soothingly as he got out of bed and knelt down by the girl. "This is something that all little boys have to go threw."

"Really?" she asked. "All boys bleed like this? Why?"

He thought about this for a moment. "Because," he began not knowing just what to say. "Because it's nature's way of preparing boys for the pain they may have to endure later on in life. Now come on let's get you cleaned up."



Now...

A knock came on the door, snapping Quatre back to reality. "Come in," she said.

Trowa entered the room then. He was dressed in a formal black tuxedo and look extremely handsome. His face was full of concern. "Quatre, are you all right?" he asked softly.

She blinked at him. "What do you mean?" she asked.

"Your crying."

She reached up and whiped her right eye to find that she really had be crying. She laughed slightly. "I didn't even know I was crying."

Reaching over to a nearby tissue box, Trowa walked over to sit next to Quatre. Handing her the tissue he asked, "Is something bothering you." He wrapped his arm around her waist and held her protectively.

"No," she said wiping her eyes. "Just bad memories."

"Care to talk about it?"

She looked at him for a second and then turned away and blushed. "I was just remember the first time I got my period and how my father told me that it was something that all boys went threw."

She sighed as she rested her head on Trowa's shoulder. He wrapped both his arms around her and held her tight. "You shouldn't think about things like that," he said. "You shouldn't think about that sick pervert and what he did to you."

She lifted her head up so she could look Trowa in the eyes. "Don't talk about him like that Trowa. I know what he did was wrong, but... He's still my father and I love him."

He sighed as he reached up to stork her left check. "I don't understand how you can love someone like that. Let's just go to dinner, okay?"

She nodded in agreement. She may never forget what her father did, or forgive him for lying to her, but she would always remember how much he loved her and will always love him back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: I know, I went a little over board with the whole period thing.

* I think you really can get arrested for something like that.