Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Chimaera ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G boys, I just borrow them from time to time and return them a whole lot happier.

Rating: NC 17

Warnings: Yaoi, Lemon, sap, angst, Male Pregnancy, medical themes

Pairings: 1x2

Archive: http://gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com

http://sweetlysour.net.

http://adultfanfiction.net

http://www.theforsakenwk.com

Summary: Set partially during the series but main bulk after the war. EW didn't take place. The Eve wars are finished and the peace retained. The pilots have all gone their own ways, Heero and Duo have made a life together both working for Preventer when Duo's world is turned upside down as his unknown past comes back to haunt him.

Dedication: To Velena who gave me the plot bunny for this little gem.

Status: In progress.

~ Indicates flashbacks ~

"Chimaera"

October 2003 ShenLong

Chapter 2

The sounds of panic in the hall awoke Duo and he raised his head, reluctantly dragging himself from the exhausted sleep he had been so deep in. The small movement sent pain lancing through his head and he closed his eyes while he waited for the room to stop spinning. "Fuck!" he whispered to the four cold gray walls. The drug they had given him was obviously starting to work. How long had he been asleep for? Given the position of his cell he had no way of telling and the watch he usually wore had been taken from him with his capture.

His body had throbbed before with the injuries he'd sustained in the battle but now with the drug coursing through his bloodstream the promised pain had increased and he was acutely aware of every cut, every bruise and every movement his muscles made. Who could have known that blinking your eyes could cause mild pain? Thank god he didn't need to go to the bathroom, trying to hold onto *that* until he could find a place to relieve himself promised to be more agony than he would be able to endure. Especially if the pain he was experiencing from merely opening and closing his eyes was any indication.

He was drawn from his thoughts as the door to his cell began to open. He braced himself for the torture he knew would undoubtedly be entering and wished for the hundredth time he had managed to find a way to end his misery. His eyes widened in shock though when instead of the burly figure of an OZ officer the slender frame of Heero Yuy stood in the doorway; gun cocked and aimed right at him.

If it hadn't of hurt so much he would have laughed hysterically. Here he had been trying to find a way out of this drug induced agony and who should show up but Mr. Perfect fucking Yuy himself. He managed to brace himself against the pain long enough to speak. "I always knew I was meant to be killed by you," then he closed his eyes and waited for the bullet to strike, hoping that Heero's reputation as a crack shot would prove to be true. Instead all he got was silence.

He opened his eyes and stared. Yuy lowered the gun and Duo blinked in shock. Moments later they were on their way out of the building.

~ * ~

Duo didn't remember much about the escape, his mind and body were too wracked with pain to think. In one way it was probably a blessing, he didn't want to remember if he sobbed like a baby with each step he took. He knew he had passed out at some stage which meant that Heero had carried him as his last conscious recollection had been of them finding a way from the building and across the external compound.

Now he was lying on a bed in a room he did not recognize. He turned his head and grimaced. The drug was still in his system. He wondered how long it would take for his body to flush it out. The door opened and Heero walked in carrying a tray. He set it down beside the bed and crouched next to Duo, his blue eyes softening a little as he gazed at Duo's prone form. That made Duo even more confused.

"Status?" Heero asked in his calm, cold voice.

"Some minor bruising, several cuts and scrapes, sprain to the left wrist, pounding headache, oh and a pain inducing drug running rampant through my bloodstream," Duo replied as he tried to make light of his injuries. He closed his eyes against the glare of the light.

"Hn." Heero reached for the tray and lifted the glass. "Here, drink this," he said as he brought the glass to Duo's lips, sliding a hand underneath the long haired pilot's neck and lifting him gently.

"Thanks," Duo replied and drank the water greedily. Once he had drained the glass Heero laid him back down and looked at him, noting the areas of damage. He pulled a first aid kit from underneath the bed and rummaged around for supplies. Finding what he wanted he laid the supplies out on the tray and reached for Duo's shirt.

"I'll attend to your wounds."

Duo groaned as Heero tried to remove his shirt, the drug enhancing the pain of his injuries to the point where he thought he would scream.

Heero paused and stared at him. "This drug? You weren't joking?"

"No Yuy, I fucking wasn't!" Duo snapped as he tried to fight the waves of nausea that tried to wash over him.

"I... I'm sorry, I thought you were trying to make light of the situation." Heero lowered his head and Duo saw a hint of... remorse? Guess that's what he got for trying to play the jester all the time, when he was hurt no one believed him.

Duo sighed. "They..., they injected me with something, said it was a new drug they had developed. It's supposed to work on the body's glands causing them to secrete more of their their hormones to enhance the pain receptors, making a simple thing such as a pinch feel like a Gundam stepping on your head and grinding you into the ground," Duo said.

"How bad is it?"

"I'd say I must have some sort of tolerance to it as it isn't as bad as they made out it was going to be but it still hurts like a son of a bitch!"

"I'll try to be gentle."

Duo's eyebrows shot up into his hairline. Yuy be gentle? Where the fuck had that come from? In all the time Duo had spent with the Wing pilot Heero had never shown any interest in becoming a part of a group, much preferring his own company to that of any of the other pilots. Several times Duo had tried to get him to talk, to be a part of a team but the Japanese boy either didn't care or was severly lacking in social skills.

Heero carefully removed Duo's shirt and began to clean up the various cuts and scrapes. He was soft in his touches, trying not to cause any more pain than was necessary but Duo couldn't help the hisses and stifled screams as he buried his face into the pillow to try and quiet them. The pain was increasing.

When Heero had finished he disposed of the soiled swabs and dirty water before returning to the bed and sitting beside Duo. Duo was pale and sweating profusely, soft moans and whimpers were coming from his lips as he fought against the pain that continued to wash over his body whenever he moved.

"How long did they say it would take to work and last for?"

Duo kept his eyes closed, even the light hurt. He managed to find his voice and spoke in a whisper. "They said it would take a while but I dunno how long it's been since they injected me, as for how long it lasts... I don't think they know as they were planning on executing me once they had their information."

Heero sat in silence then, his mind busily working through the information. "You need to rest," he said at last and got up. He left the room but returned moments later carrying a glass of water and a couple of pills. "Here, take these. They will help you to sleep."

Duo looked up, unable to keep his eyes closed and the pain lanced through him again. "Don't like drugs, can't operate with them," he muttered.

"I'll be here to watch your back."

"Huh?" Duo wasn't sure if he heard that right.

"Hn, baka. Here, take the damn pills and rest, your body can rid itself of the drug while you sleep. I'll stand watch." Heero held the pills out and then popped them into Duo's mouth when it became obvious that the Deathscythe pilot wasn't about to move his hand and take them from him. He gently eased Duo's head up so he could swallow the water and the pills and then lay him back down again. He dropped the glass to the side table and fetched a blanket, spreading it over Duo. Heero took in the sight and seemed satisfied with his handiwork. He gave a grunt and went to leave. Duo's soft voice halted his action though and he turned around.

"Please, stay with me Heero, just until I fall asleep." Duo was ashamed of himself for showing such weakness but at the moment he really didn't care. He needed to know there was someone with him, that he was safe while he was this vulnerable.

"Hn." Heero walked towards the chair by the bed and sat down, his eyes scanning the room before settling on Duo's form on the bed. The American was silent, his eyes closed as he fought against the drug that ran in his system. Heero felt his gaze soften as he looked the elfin features of the other pilot. He noted Duo's breathing evening out as the pills he had administered took effect. As Duo drifted into sleep and allowed his battle weary body to fight the drug, so Heero found himself staring.

Heero's eyes wandered over the sleeping form of his fellow pilot and he found he liked what he saw. He hadn't had the chance to observe Duo close up before and so took advantage of the situation. From the first time he had laid eyes on the other boy he'd been intrigued but unable to show it, it wasn't in his training. It had always been drummed into him that the mission came first and as such there was no time to make friendships or anything else for that matter. And so Heero had stuck by his training, until now.

He wasn't sure just what it was about the violet eyed pilot that held him so captivated. Countless times he'd given him the cold shoulder, cut him off and dismissed his attempts at becoming friends. But no matter what he did, the American would still remain cheerful and bounce right back. Sharing the odd mission, school and safe house had given Heero a little more insight into the 02 pilot and what made him tick; he didn't understand it but he felt drawn inexplicably to the boy.

When he had been ordered to infiltrate the base and silence Duo he'd accepted the mission just the same as any other he'd been allocated. There was a job to be done and he had to do it. Emotions were supposed to be put aside and his sole focus on getting in, completing the mission and getting out. When he'd opened the cell door and seen the state of the youth, something inside had cracked and Heero had found himself on a rescue mission instead of an assassination.

Did he regret it?

He looked at the slumbering form again, able to study to his heart's content. No, he didn't regret it; in fact he would do it all over again if he had to. He found himself appraising the sweet heart shaped face, the odd line around the eyes and mouth that indicated how the boy smiled. The pert, slightly upturned nose, long sweeping lashes that brushed against high cheekbones and that braid of hair. Heero was mesmerized by that hair. He never knew a male could have hair so long or so thick and as reluctant as he was to admit it to himself, the mere thought of his fingers running through that silken mass turned him on.

Heero was confused.

He'd never really given much thought to anything other than the battle he was currently in the middle of. To him nothing existed outside the mission and freeing the colonies, at least that is what his training had led him to conclude. All of his short life so far had been filled with training, honing his body and tuning his skills until he was in effect, *perfect*. Heero hated that title. He knew better than anyone that he was just as capable of fuck ups as the next person. Hadn't he proved that when he first arrived and botched his mission? If he was so perfect then why did he end up getting shot and captured?

That memory brought his mind back to Duo again. Why had the boy risked his life to break him out of that hospital? Why had he taken him back with him and offered to help him? Why did he still want to be friends after Heero had stolen parts from his Gundam to fix Wing?

Heero rubbed his temples, he was getting a headache with all this thinking. With a sigh he got up and left the room, going to check that his perimeter alarms were all functioning before making himself a sandwich and pouring himself a glass of orange juice. He took his food and drink back into the bedroom of the safe house to watch Duo sleep, eating the sandwich he continued to muse over the strange feeling he had whenever Duo was around. It was like... like... like having a brother Heero thought but then dismissed it. Even though he had no siblings and therefore didn't know for sure, he didn't think the feelings he was experiencing were fraternal, not that he was really aware of how siblings would feel towards each other seeing as how he didn't have any, but he could always presume. No. It was deeper than that. Heero tried to puzzle out what his mind was trying to tell him and then with a shock it dawned on him.

He cared.

He actually cared about the long haired boy. Heero felt his face flame and was thankful that Duo wasn't awake to see the flush. He'd never had anyone really care about him before and so the quiet persistence the American had shown him had eroded his defenses, crawled under his skin and into his heart until he could no longer deny it. He felt something strong for the other but as yet couldn't put a name to the emotion. Deciding he would simply file the knowledge away for the moment he dozed off in the chair.

~ * ~

Heero stayed with Duo for three days in the safe house, caring for him as his strength returned and the drug was finally washed out of his system. During that time he got to know the violet eyed boy better and found himself even opening up a little to him. Once Duo was healed enough to be able to cope on his own Heero had had to leave, a mission had come in and he was required back in the thick of things.

Duo sat in the chair as he watched Heero pack, an ache tugging at his heart. He wasn't sure just what was happening between them but he was enjoying it. Heero had opened up to him, they had talked and finally Duo discovered there was a boy underneath all that training and cool exterior. Finally, they had become the friends that Duo had longed for but there was something else there too Duo noted. Could he dare to let himself hope?

Heero finished his packing and paused before turning around to face the one he was slowly but surely falling for, even if he didn't understand it yet. His Prussian eyes met with swirling violet and locked. Heero could see something in those beautiful eyes but he wasn't sure just how to interpret it. "I have to be going."

"I know."

"You should be all right. A couple more days of rest and you will be fit for duty again."

Duo stood up and snorted. "What good is a Gundam pilot without a Gundam?"

Heero blinked. "There is still a war to be won Duo."

Duo sighed. "I know Heero. I don't know what I will be doing now though, I guess I have to wait and see what G says when he contacts me."

Heero allowed a small smile to grace his lips. "You take it easy Duo. I'll see you soon." Heero went to step forwards but was blocked by Duo who suddenly enveloped him in a hug.

Duo wasn't sure what the hell he was doing but he quickly took Heero into a hug, risking life and limb in an effort to let the Wing pilot know that someone cared about him. He was stunned when he felt those steely arms wrap around his own frame and then lost all coherent thought as Heero kissed him.

The hug felt... warm... safe... Heero could not remember ever having been hugged. He decided he liked it and so allowed his own arms to encircle Duo and reciprocate. He felt Duo relax against him and his body burned with the contact. Before he knew what he was doing he reached forwards and captured Duo's lips in a kiss. It wasn't anything to write home about, just a connecting of lips and then pulling away. Heero blushed and detached himself from Duo's arms, noting the shocked expression on Duo's face. "Gomen Duo, I shouldn't have..." He was cut off as he found himself eyeball to eyeball with a patented Maxwell annoyed look.

Duo reached forwards and whispered, "If you're going to kiss me Heero, the least you can do, is to do it properly." With that Duo claimed Heero's lips in a sensuous kiss, soft, inviting and promising everything but giving nothing.

AfterwardsHeero raised his fingers to his mouth and ran them over his still tingling lips. All his mind could think of was, 'Wow, that was some kiss!' He turned to Duo who winked at him, hands on his hips. With a smirk, Heero picked up his bag and headed for the door where he paused for a moment and looked back. "Does this mean we're dating?" he asked in all innocence.

Duo grinned. "You betch'a."

~ * ~

Two days later Duo was mingling with the colony citizens, collar of his jacket pulled up high and cap tugged down to conceal his features. He'd had to go out to fetch some groceries; the small supply was nearly exhausted in the safe house. He only needed enough for a couple more days and then he would be out of here. G had sent word on his next mission and all he needed now were the specs which he was due to receive that evening. He wandered through the city square and was pulled up short as the large screen in the center sprang into life.

Duo's eyes widened in shock as he watched his beloved Deathscythe being towed out into space and then left drifting, several suits gathering around it. He couldn't believe the damage done to his buddy in that last battle and realized just how close he'd actually come to being another frozen space statistic. His breath caught in his throat and he felt his gut twist as the mobile suits took aim and the commentary explained just what was about to happen.

Tears sprang to his eyes but he couldn't tear them away, the pain in his belly tore at him as he watched his faithful friend obliterated by the strong beam. Screwing his hands into fists he screamed his agony to the unheeding crowd of watchers, the pain in his heart stronger than the pain in his abdomen. Somehow he made his way back to the safe house and curled up into a fetal position on the bed, the tears ran freely as he desperately tried to come to terms with the loss of his best friend. Eventually the tears slowed and then stopped and Duo sank into an exhausted sleep, still clutching his stomach as the pain refused to diminish.

Deep inside his abdomen, a small follicle burst and the first egg escaped to begin its journey.

~ * ~

tbc.........