Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Chimaera ❯ Chapter 15 ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G'boys, I just borrow them from time to time to play with and return them a whole lot happier, ne?

Rating: NC 17

Warnings: Yaoi, Lemon, sap, angst, Male Pregnancy, medical themes

Pairings: 1x2x1

Archive: http://gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com

http://sweetlysour.net.

http://adultfanfiction.net

http://www.theforsakenwk.com

Many thanks to DBZVelena, Ryouga and Yami_Tai for the beta. Also thanks to Yami_Tai for the title of this fic.

Notes: Set partially during the series but main bulk after the war. EW didn't take place. The Eve wars are finished and the peace retained. The pilots have all gone their own ways, Heero and Duo have made a life together both working for Preventer when Duo's world is turned upside down as his unknown past comes back to haunt him.

Dedication: To Velena who gave me the plot bunny for this little gem.

Status: In progress.

~ Indicates flashbacks ~

/ thoughts /

"Chimaera"

October. 2003 ShenLong

Chapter 15

Heero's internal clock told him it was time to wake up and so he opened his sleepy eyes and welcomed the morning sunshine. Duo was still sleeping soundly, snuggled against his back, one leg thrown idly over his, while an arm rested upon his hip. He smiled as he remembered the previous evening's events, warmth rising to his cheeks as the small throb in his rear end reminded him that Duo was certainly nicely proportioned.

Did he regret it?

No. They had taken things slowly, danced around the edges and gotten to know each other fully before taking that final step. Heero was glad they had waited. The simple act of making love held more meaning to it, knowing that they both wanted it and wanted it for the right reasons. Thinking back over the past years Heero was amazed to see just how far they had come. Firstly being thrown together as allies, then partners in a war that neither one of them wanted, had caused their friendship to grow. It had become more than just a 'you watch my back and I'll watch yours' partnership. In between the missions they had shared their fears, nightmares and dreams.

It had become the first step for Heero in regaining his identity and becoming his own person, not the machine he had been trained to be. He hadn't appreciated it then but if the two years he'd spent after the wars in his self imposed isolation had taught him anything, it was that he did have emotions, needs and wants like any other. He'd come to understand that it was Duo who had begun to coax the real Heero to break out of the mold he'd been cast in, encouraged him to be spontaneous and take what little happiness he could get whenever the opportunity arose.

In effect Duo had given him more than friendship... he'd given him life.

Dwelling on those thoughts brought Heero back to last night's lovemaking. He'd felt such an overwhelming sense of love with each tender touch that Duo had given him. The pace at which they had proceeded, not to mention the fact of Duo also admitting to being as inexperienced in these matters as he was, cementing his respect for his long haired lover.

He managed to roll over in the embrace and faced his still sleeping partner. Duo had a look of serenity on his angelic face, a look that Heero found fascinating and he took a few moments to fully appreciate the beauty that was Duo Maxwell. His eyes feasted upon the creamy skin, traced the bone structure of cheek bones and jaw angle, marveled at the sweeping lashes that rested against the flawless skin and his breath hitched, as he took in the soft sweet lips that were curved slightly in a smile. Even in his sleep, Duo smiled.

He looked.... contented.

Heero couldn't resist and lowered his lips to steal a kiss. He felt the shift of Duo's mouth as his lips parted to allow him access to the moist interior and Heero took full advantage of it, plunging forth and stroking the inner recesses. He pulled away and smiled into the warm amethyst jewels that greeted him.

"Mmmm... I like your alarm clock, Heero," Duo murmured and stole another quick kiss.

Hero stroked the tangled bangs away from Duo's face. "Ai shiteru, Duo," he said softly.

Duo snuggled closer. "How are you feeling this morning?"

"Fine."

"Good."

"As much as I like this, Duo, we need to get moving."

Duo sighed. "Yeah, I know." He released Heero from his arms and rolled back over to his side of the bed, dragging his legs from within the covers. He stretched and yawned, scratched at his stomach and then stood up.

"Nice view," Heero snickered.

Duo turned a fetching shade of red, realizing he was completely nude and turned to face his teasing lover who had also risen from the bed and was standing on the other side, in a similar state of undress. "The view from this side isn't bad either," he returned as he let his eyes drag over Heero's muscular frame, pausing at the groin to ogle a little more. "I'd say you're gonna have to watch out for Sally. One look at that equipment and she's likely to reschedule you for daily check ups."

It was Heero's turn to blush. Unable to think of a more suitable comeback, he shook his head and replied., "Shower, baka, otherwise Sally will know what you've been up to."

Duo flashed him a wide grin before sauntering off to the bathroom, still nude and swaying his hips as he went. Heero groaned.

~ * ~

Duo opened the door to Wufei's knock. "Morning, oh Master Chang," he greeted the Chinese man and sweeping his arm across his waist, he bowed low.

"Are you both ready?" Wufei asked, deciding not to play Maxwell's game.

"Hai." Heero appeared from behind his partner.

"Then I suggest we leave. Maxwell, you can stop groveling now, my boots are polished enough." Wufei turned and with a smirk headed for the elevator.

Duo grinned at Heero as the Japanese man locked the apartment. "I think our Wuffers is starting to get a sense of humor."

"I heard that, Maxwell." Wufei turned as the pair walked towards him. "I've always had a sense of humor... Paperwork, ring a bell?"

"With my handwriting?"

Wufei recalled the occasional times he'd been privileged to read Maxwell's *scrawl*. Actually decipher would be more to the point. No wonder OZ were well and truly confused when Maxwell left them a handwritten note, they must have thought it was some new code and spent ages trying to decode it. "Acknowledged," he conceded.

The elevator arrived and they rode it to the basement parking lot in silence. Duo had tried to keep the mood light; he was a little worried about the medical exam and what Sally might find. He hadn't bled in a while so assumed that whatever was wrong had righted itself. He still couldn't help the small twinge of apprehension though. He hadn't lied to Heero when he'd told him a while ago that Dr. G hadn't found anything wrong; G hadn't found anything because Duo had forgotten to mention it to him.

They arrived at Preventer HQ, passed through the security measures and rode the elevator to the sixth floor. Exiting the car, all three strode along the corridor until they reached the office Wufei had directed as being theirs. "I will leave you both to settle into the office and set yourselves up. The medical exam is to take place at some stage this morning; Sally will send you an internal e-mail when she is ready for you to report to the medical wing. The results of your tests should be pretty much completed by early afternoon and if all is well, then I will discuss with you both the first case you will be assigned to." Wufei looked from Heero to Duo. "Any questions?"

Duo's eyes sparkled. "Yup, when's lunch time?"

/ Wufei - 1.... Duo - 1.../ Heero thought as his lips began to quirk.

Wufei shook his head. "I will come by once the results of your medicals are through." With that he left the pair to explore their office.

~ * ~

Heero spent the time setting up his computer the way he wanted it, Duo meanwhile, was busy checking out all the contents of the desk drawers and anything else that was in the office. Two desks stood in the bright, airy room, one to the left and one to the right of the door as you entered. A large window occupied the other wall along with a small table, two soft chairs and a filing cabinet - combined - firearms safe.

Duo was pleased to note that besides the computer terminal that graced the desk top, there was one of those nifty little desk organizers, the sort that held pens, pencils, paper clips and the like. He grinned as he rummaged around in the contents of the small contraption. He'd always wanted one of those. Having given the office the complete once over and discovering all the hidden secrets, including the fact that he was able to pick the lock on the firearms safe, he wandered back to his desk and booted up the computer.

Heero had nearly finished setting up his hard drive the way he wanted it, securing passwords and encrypting files, in effect making the thing damn near impossible to get into for anyone else. Satisfied that his computer was now as protected as it was ever going to be against hackers or other unwanted snoops, he wandered over to see how Duo was doing with his computer. He stepped behind and looked over the braided man's shoulder. His eyes lit up in amusement and laughter spilled from his lips.

"Solitaire?"

Duo gave him a grin. "Yup."

"Baka!" Heero gave him a friendly thwap across the back of the head.

Duo just snickered. At that moment Heero's computer beeped and he went to see what was coming through. He heard Duo's beep seconds later as he read the message, he raised his eyes to meet Duo's. "Guess it's time for the medical."

Duo nodded in reply. "Come on then, Heero. Let's get this over with, so we can get down to the serious stuff of kicking the bad guy's arses." He rose from his chair and cleared the screen. They left the office together and headed for the third floor and the impending medical.

~ * ~

Duo fidgeted as he sat upon the small examination bed. He tugged self consciously at the papery gown he wore; damn thing wasn't nearly long enough. He swore that if he moved the wrong way, he would flash someone. The door opened and admitted Sally.

Sally smiled at the long haired American. It had been a while since she had seen him and she couldn't help but notice how nervous he seemed. "Hello, Duo. It's good to have you joining the Preventer team. I know both you and Heero will be great assets to the cause for upholding the peace." She kept her voice light, trying to dispel some of the tension from the man. "This medical is more of a formality. I just need to check a few things, run a couple of tests, take some blood and that should be all. Oh, you did bring me a sample, didn't you?"

Duo nodded and handed over the small cup.

"Good." Sally took the cup and placed it on the table to one side before returning to her *patient*

"Let's start with your blood pressure, shall we?" Sally began her examination, recording blood pressure, breathing and heart rate. She checked reflexes, sight and hearing, noting everything down on the forms she had on a clip board. She went back to the table and selected a needle and syringe, returning to Duo with the item, as well as an alcohol swab and black rubber band which she slipped around his biceps and tightened.

The vein swelled and Sally wiped it over with the swab before inserting the needle. Pulling back on the plunger the syringe began to fill with rich, red blood. When the syringe was nearly full she released the band and slipped the needle out, pressing a wad of cotton wool against the tiny hole. She lifted Duo's arm, bending it at the elbow. "Hold your arm like that for a couple of minutes," she said as she took the syringe and its contents back to the small table.

Duo watched as she transferred the red fluid into four different vials and corked them. She wrote on labels and then stuck them to the vials. Once finished she tossed the empty syringe into the garbage and the needle into the 'sharps' container and turned back to Duo.

"Okay, so far so good. Now, can you lie down for me, on your back and lift the gown, I need to check your internal organs." Sally turned her back for a moment as she saw the blush tinge the young man's cheeks.

Duo did as requested, wishing he could pull the gown over his head to hide his embarrassment. He tried to remind himself that Sally was a doctor and consequently, had seen more nude men than probably a prostitute ever had. Still, it didn't do anything to ease his discomfort.

Sally knew how uncomfortable Duo must be feeling and so she set about the exam as clinically and efficiently as possible. Her fingers gently probed over his abdomen, pressing lightly in various spots and noting his reactions. She questioned him about a couple of scars and seemed satisfied with his answers.

Duo nearly jumped off the bed a moment later when Sally's hand gently grasped his balls.

"Cough, please."

Duo obliged, nearly choking as he did so.

Her hand left his nether regions and she scribbled again on the form. "Can you turn over onto your stomach, please?" Sally moved to the small table and slipped on a pair of latex gloves.

Duo's eyes widened as he watched the latex snap around the delicate hand and then he cringed as he noted the gel being applied to one finger. Squeezing his eyes shut, he tried to block out the next part of the exam.

Sally approached and laid one hand upon the trembling buttocks. "It's okay, Duo. I just need to check out your prostate by way of internal exam. I will try to make it as quick and painless as possible." Knowing there was nothing else but to continue, Sally eased her finger between the cheeks and pressed inside.

The only thought that was going through Duo's mind at this point was that he was so glad he'd insisted on using a condom last night when he'd taken Heero. If he was feeling this embarrassed with the examination, he could imagine how Heero would have felt with his seed still inside his passage.

"All done."

The snap of the gloves being removed and the accompanying words drew Duo back to the exam room. He turned to look at Sally, tugging the gown around him.

"I will need both you and Heero to perform some physical exercise so I can take further recordings of your heart rates, breathing rates and blood pressure. Please dress and wait for me out in the lounge area of the other room. Once I'm done with Heero, I will take you both to the gym where we can finish off the tests."

"Okay, Sally." Duo hopped down from the examination bed and reached for his clothes. Sally exited and left him to dress.

~ * ~

Duo waited in the lounge area where Sally had told him to. He picked up one of the magazines and began to read it, passing the time as he waited for Heero to emerge. He was so engrossed in an article on the mating habits of the Southern Right whale that he didn't hear Heero enter the lounge area. A pair of cobalt eyes peeking over the top of the magazine jolted him back from the ocean. "Shit, Heero. What are you trying to do? Give me a fucking heart attack?!"

"You shouldn't let your defenses down, Duo."

"They weren't down."

"No?"

"They were merely resting."

"Baka!"

Duo grinned at his partner and dropped the magazine to the couch. "So, how did it go?"

Heero's cheeks tinged a little as he recalled the examination. All had gone well until Sally donned the latex gloves. He'd done his best to relax and control his reactions as she gently probed his insides, but a couple of winces had escaped when she touched a particularly sore spot and he was sure she had noticed; even though she didn't comment. "It all went fine," he replied.

Duo cocked his head, a playful smile on his face. "You sure, buddy? I mean you looked a little flustered there for a moment."

"Well, it was a little uncomfortable there for a couple of moments but Sally said everything was okay."

"So now it's off to the gym, I guess?" Duo rose from the couch.

"Hai. Sally should be here in a moment," Heero replied. No sooner were the words out of his mouth than Sally came through the door.

"Good. If both of you are ready, we will head to the gym and complete the tests there."

"Lead on, oh wise one," Duo quipped.

Sally gave him an amused smile and shook her head. "This way, gentlemen."

~ * ~

An hour later the tests were all complete. Duo panted slightly as he drew the oxygen back into his lungs, sweat beading on his forehead and running down his back. He looked at Heero. Damn Japanese bastard wasn't blowing nearly as much as he was, although the sweat still covered the golden skin, he could see it seeping through the material of the tank top, standard work out issue for the agents. Heero felt the weight of Duo's eyes and turned to the American, smirking at the flushed and sweaty state of his partner.

"I think you need to up your fitness a little, Duo."

Duo gave him a mocking smile. "No shit?!"

Sally smiled at them both and finished making her notes. "That's everything, guys."

"So, how did we do?" Duo asked.

"I still have to get the results of the blood work but everything else appears to be just fine. You are both fit, healthy young men. I wish some of the other agents were as fit as you two."

"Ahhh... Not our fault we're two fit, hot, red blooded males." Duo winked as he spoke.

Sally laughed. "You can both go back to your office now, I'll send the results through to Commander Une and no doubt Wufei will be calling on you soon to introduce you to the world of the Preventers and allocate you a case to start work on."

"Great!" Duo flashed Sally a warm smile. "Come on, Heero, let's go." He glanced at his watch. "We can stop at the cafeteria on the way and grab some grub."

"See you both later," Sally said as she left the gym and went back to the medical section. Heero duly followed Duo out of the gym and to the cafeteria, where lunch was purchased and taken back to the office to be consumed, or in Duo's case... inhaled.

They had barely finished eating when Wufei showed up. Duo quickly gathered up the mess of wrappers from their lunch and stuffed them in the bin, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand once he'd finished.

"I take it we passed the required medical then," Heero said as he eyed the folder in Wufei's hand.

"Yes, you both did. Sally was most impressed with your levels of fitness and everything else has shown up clear on the tests so far. There are only the blood tests to come back and Sally should have them somewhere in the next hour."

"So what great case have you got for us to solve, Wu-fei?" Duo put extra emphasis on Wufei's name, a fact that didn't go unnoticed by the Chinese Preventer.

"Can you read, Max-well?" Wufei said.

Duo cocked his head, cheeky grin in place and answered, "Yup, I passed all my picture book exams with flying colors, if I remember correctly."

Wufei rolled his eyes and opened the file. "This is a case that we have had under surveillance for a while. We believe the persons listed here, are part of a money laundering racket...." Wufei continued with his explanation, noting what had occurred so far and bringing both Heero and Duo up to speed on the situation. "All the notes and information along with any background data we have managed to collect, is all in the file. We believe that the group are about to make a major withdrawal and deposit somewhere in the next few days. I want you two to go through all the information there and see if you can find any sort of connection, lead, anything that will give an indication as to when and where this drop will take place."

Heero nodded, his brow furrowing a little as he glanced over the paperwork. "We'll get straight on to it."

Duo gazed over his partner's shoulder, skimming over the file as he read the information. "Leave it with us, Wuffy, we will do what we can."

"The name is Wufei or Agent Fire to you, Maxwell," Wufei growled.

Heero was sure that Wufei was actually about to start breathing fire as he reprimanded Duo, but it didn't make any difference, Duo wasn't listening. He was too busy going through the file, his sharp mind already in gear and figuring things out.

"I will call back later, before we leave and see what you have come up with so far." Wufei turned and left the pair to it.

Heero smiled at his lover, Duo was immersed in the file, brain eagerly taking in the information and sifting through it, when the beep of Duo's computer informed them that there was an e-mail awaiting Duo.

Placing the folder back on Heero's desk, Duo slipped over to his own and brought up the e-mail. His face paled a little as he read the message and a frown creased his brow.

"What is it, Duo?" Heero asked as he observed the reactions.

Duo looked up and he gave Heero a crooked grin. "Sally wants to see me in the medical wing, something to do with my blood tests."

A million things began to run through Heero's mind, none of them good. "What's wrong with them?"

"She doesn't say, just that she wants my presence in her office as soon as possible and that it's nothing to worry about."

"Want me to come with you?" Heero for some reason had a bad feeling about this, his stomach began to churn, something he was not used to.

"Nah. I'll be fine, Heero. I'm a big boy now; I think I can handle it by myself." Duo gave him a smile designed to ease his tension, putting as much confidence into it as he could muster. Unfortunately inside he was a mass of nerves. / Nothing to worry about? / How many times had he heard that sentence used? Usually when one of them had been seriously injured in battle. / But they were no longer fighting a war,/ his conscience reminded him. He told his conscience to fuck off. If he wanted to worry then he would worry.

"I'll be right here, Duo."

Duo turned and found himself facing a pair of concerned cobalt eyes. Heero shut the office door and pulled Duo into his arms. The embrace only lasted a minute but it gave Duo all the reassurance he needed. "Thanks, Heero. I needed that," he whispered.

"I mean it, Duo."

"I know you do, Heero. I'd better go, when you keep doctors waiting, they tend to get annoyed and I don't need an annoyed doctor getting their own back on me at a later date," a rueful grin was plastered in place.

Heero reluctantly let him go and watched as the braid swung lazily over Duo's firm rear as he walked down the corridor to the elevator that would take him to Sally's office. When the doors closed he went back to the file on his desk, forcing his mind to focus on the task at hand and not what was happening in Sally's office.

~ * ~

tbc.........