Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Chimaera ❯ Chapter 21 ( Chapter 21 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G'boys, I just borrow them from time to time to play with and return them a whole lot happier, ne?

Rating: NC 17

Warnings: Yaoi, Lemon, sap, angst, Male Pregnancy, medical themes

Pairings: 1x2x1

Archive: http://gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com

http://sweetlysour.net.

http://adultfanfiction.net

http://www.theforsakenwk.com

Many thanks to DBZVelena, Ryouga and Yami_Tai for the beta. Also thanks to Yami_Tai for the title of this fic.

Notes: Set partially during the series but main bulk after the war. EW didn't take place. The Eve wars are finished and the peace retained. The pilots have all gone their own ways, Heero and Duo have made a life together both working for Preventer when Duo's world is turned upside down as his unknown past comes back to haunt him.

Dedication: To Velena who gave me the plot bunny for this little gem.

Status: In progress.

~ Indicates flashbacks ~

/ thoughts /

"Chimaera"

October. 2003 ShenLong

Chapter 21

A month had passed and Duo had managed to infiltrate the group of terrorists, his skills serving him well. He was now an established part of the group and a trusted member. Presenting himself through the informant as a former citizen of L2 and seeking his own revenge for the poverty that had been inflicted upon the colony by the selfishness of the political circle, he had been enthusiastically accepted. His background information had been checked and verified by the group leader and Duo was in.

He discovered more than the Preventer organization at first suspected, managing to find out where the fire power was being brought in from and who the suppliers were, consequently opening up a much larger can of worms than at first thought. Wufei in particular was impressed, as the information Duo was able to get, led them to another group that they had been chasing for some time but had proved extremely elusive up to this point. With the evidence slowly beginning to mount up, the chances of an arrest and conviction were looking stronger by the day.

Heero had been busy working on the security detail for the building, upgrading and replacing equipment where necessary. The information that Duo had gleaned was aiding him in his task to ensure that everything was as secure as possible and thereby minimizing the chance of anything going wrong. Despite his confidence in his abilities, Heero still couldn't help the small twist of fear that continued to eat at him. He hadn't said any more to Duo, knowing it wouldn't be received very well but it didn't stop him from worrying.

He knew that Duo was more than capable of looking after himself and would surely give him a mouthful if he voiced his concerns, and so he had to bite his tongue and trust that Duo would be okay. At least he knew that his side of the assignment was covered to the best of his abilities and that Duo would be in minimal danger when the attack occurred. That's assuming they got that far.

The general plan was to let the terrorist group infiltrate the conference building and allow them to think that they were going to succeed. Then, when they were ready to make their move on the room where the conference was taking place, the agents would swoop in and arrest them all; including Duo. Heero frowned at that thought. He knew that Duo would have to be arrested as well to keep up the charade but would be released immediately the group was transported away. His mind though wouldn't stop running different scenarios of what could go wrong, all he could do was to follow those scenarios and try to cover them as best he could.

The conference was due to start in a week's time and Heero had only the final tests to carry out and then it was up to the system itself.

Wufei had been working with a special select group of agents, outlining the plan and going over the details time and time again until they could all do what was necessary in their sleep. The agents were posing as the various members of staff, that way they would all be in strategic positions when they were needed. Communication had evolved into a fine art of hand signals and various gestures. All agents were fitted with tiny communication devices and given strict instructions that they were not to be used unless it was a life threatening situation. Heero would be manning the main security area with Wufei alongside him. Wufei would be in charge of the operation itself with Heero as his back up, and therefore was the one who would be issuing the orders.

That was fine by Heero. But...

He made it perfectly clear to Wufei that if Duo was in any danger at any time he wouldn't be taking any orders from anyone. He would simply follow his own training and assist his partner.

Wufei didn't argue. While they were all excellent agents and had been Gundam Pilots together, he respected Yuy's abilities and even grudgingly admitted that the Japanese man was superior to him in several ways.

And so the stage was set, the players all ready. Now it was just a case of waiting for the curtain call.

~ * ~

Duo's eyes fluttered open, the sounds of Heero puttering around in the kitchen waking him and he stared at the alarm clock. Stretching his arms above his head, he gave a wide mouthed yawn. He rolled over to his side and pushed himself to a sitting position, swinging his legs to the side and giving a small grunt as his feet connected with the soft carpet of the floor.

He pushed the strands of hair that had escaped out of his face and scratched at his back. The smell of bacon cooking wafted into the room and Duo inhaled the scent, deeply.

Too deeply.

Suddenly he was overcome with a wave of nausea. Clamping his hand to his mouth he tried to force the feeling away, to no avail. He shot upright and made a dash for the bathroom, grabbing the toilet seat and yanking it up he leaned over the bowl and proceeded to let his stomach have its way.

Heero couldn't help but hear the sounds of retching coming from the small room and quickly removed the pan from the heat and headed in the direction of the bathroom. His face was etched with concern as he watched his braided partner bent over the porcelain, heaving dryly. He walked forwards and took a hold of the thick rope of hair, lifting it out of the way. He reached to the sink with his free hand and grabbed the wash cloth, turning the tap on and wetting it.

Duo could have sworn that his stomach was trying to leave his body via his esophagus, the nausea not easing even though there was nothing in his gut left to bring up. A few more dry heaves and he felt the spasming muscles relax and his stomach return to its usual place of residence. He hung over the bowl for a little bit longer making sure that he wasn't going to retch any more and then sank back on his heels.

Heero rubbed soft circles over Duo's back as the retching slowed and then stopped. As Duo reclined back so Heero picked up the wash cloth and passed it to his lover. "You okay?"

Duo took the cloth and wiped his face. He stood slowly and pushed the button to the toilet, flushing away the contents before turning to the sink. "I'll be fine, Heero," he replied and then opened up the small cabinet to retrieve his tooth brush and paste.

Heero stood back and let him clean his teeth, the worry still etched into his face. When Duo was done he asked a gain. "Are you sure you're okay? You don't look too good. Maybe you're coming down with something."

Duo turned and gave him a weak smile. "I'm okay, Heero. I just felt a little sick but now I feel much better. Maybe it was something I ate because I feel fine in myself."

"I don't think you should go to work, not if you're feeling sick."

"Heero..." Duo warned. "I'm okay."

Heero still didn't look convinced but decided that given the tone Duo had used, it was best to drop the subject... for now. "Okay, as long as you're sure."

"I am, Heero." Duo made to exit the bathroom.

"I'll go and finish cooking breakfast then."

"Umm... I don't think I can face breakfast, Heero." Just the mere thought of food set Duo's stomach churning again.

"You have to eat something."

"Just a piece of toast then…, oh, and a cup of coffee." Duo gave him a smile. "I'll get dressed and be out in a moment."

Heero returned to the kitchen and finished cooking their breakfast, his mind still working over Duo's nausea.

Duo retreated to the safety of the bedroom. He closed the door and sat on the bed, his head cradled in his hands. / Fuck! I can't afford to be getting sick now, not with the bust in only a week's time. / His stomach still felt queasy and the mere thought of food only made it roll more. Pushing his sweaty bangs out of his face, he stood up and went to the closet, removing his street clothes and getting dressed for the day ahead. He made the bed and then joined Heero in the kitchen for breakfast.

Heero looked up as Duo entered the kitchen; the question was in his eyes even if he didn't give voice to it. Silently he placed the plate with its two slices of toast upon the table, a cup of the requested coffee joining it. Heero turned back to the bench and retrieved his own plate of bacon and eggs and sat opposite his lover.

Duo sat and eyed the plate warily, as if the contents would leap up and bite him. He reached for the coffee and took a long drink, feeling the warmth of the liquid running down to his stomach and settling there. Looking at the toast again, he debated his dilemma. He really didn't want to eat it, just the thought of swallowing the stuff made his stomach churn but if he didn't, then he would have Heero on his case. With a sigh, he picked up a slice and took a nibble.

Heero watched as his partner drank some of the coffee and then proceeded to nibble at the toast. He could tell that Duo really didn't want to eat but opted to stay quiet. He picked up his own knife and fork and began to cut into his breakfast, chewing and swallowing methodically.

Duo kept his eyes firmly fixed on his plate and concentrated on willing his reluctant stomach to take the food. A quick glance to see what Heero was doing was his downfall. Just as he looked up so Heero cut into his egg and raised the dripping yolk. That was it for Duo. His stomach rebelled... with a vengeance. Seconds later, he was back in the bathroom paying homage to the porcelain god once more while a stunned Heero sat in the kitchen knowing that somehow he was to blame for this sudden dash but unsure as to what he'd done.

Heero laid the cutlery down and went after his lover. Filling a glass of water, he waited until Duo had finished and then passed it to him, depressing the button and flushing away the contents.

Duo took the water gladly and swilled his mouth out. Taking a few sips of water he turned his watery eyes to Heero. "I dunno what's wrong, Heero. I feel okay in myself, not in the least sick but..…" he frowned. "Seems the smell of food just turns my stomach."

"I still think you should stay home, Duo."

"Nah, I'll be fine, Heero. Like I said, I feel okay in myself."

"Maybe you should get Sally to take a look at you."

Duo sighed and leaned into the open arms of his partner. Resting his sweaty brow against Heero's strong shoulder, he whispered quietly. "I don't want to see Sally. I feel okay other than the smell of food. Just humor me, Heero. I promise to be a good boy and if this hasn't settled by this afternoon I'll make an appointment to see the beloved witch doctor."

Heero chuckled. "I don't think Sally would appreciate you calling her a witch doctor, Duo."

Duo gave him a grin. "Yeah, I know." His eyes turned serious again. "Do we have a deal?"

Heero nodded. "We have a deal."

"Good. Let's get going then or else we're gonna be late."

~ * ~

Heero headed off to Preventer HQ while Duo went in the opposite direction, seeking out the terrorist gang he'd become a part of. He needed to attend this meeting they had arranged, they were going to be covering the final details of the attack and Duo had a feeling that there was going to be more to it than they had already discussed.

He sat through the meeting, playing with the end of his braid and offering comments every now and then when he thought they were necessary, the rest of the time he sat and listened, letting his photographic memory absorb the information. There were only a few additional details to what they had already decided and he made a note to let Heero know later.

"The guns will be here tomorrow. Next meeting will be at 1300 hours when we will distribute the fire arms. There is a small dump a few kilometers from here; we plan on using it as a base to practice with the guns. I suggest you all attend. It will give you the chance to get used to the equipment, how it works and practice your skills. Any questions?" The tall, thin man who was the self appointed leader, scanned his eyes over the group. No one spoke. "Good. We meet again tomorrow then."

The meeting was adjourned and Duo found himself rubbing shoulders with a particularly repulsive being who went by the name of Moran. / Moron was more like it. / Duo thought. The man was a sleaze, balding head, spotty face and glasses that kept slipping down his nose. For some reason he'd taken a distinct liking to Duo and Duo shuddered every time he had to talk with the guy but he couldn't blow his cover.

'What you doing now, kid?" Moran asked, his voice raspy.

"Thought I'd go get a bite to eat and then maybe take a wander past the convention center to get a better idea of the joint."

"Mind if I join you?" The subtle leer was in the voice.

Duo repressed the urge to vomit again. He'd done enough of that for one day, thank you very much. His stomach had been growling hungrily at him for the past hour and wanted nothing more than to go grab a burger and fries, and sit in the park to think through these latest developments. Moran was not included in his plans. "Well, actually, I do. I'd rather be by myself, thanks." he said the words in a tone that clearly stated he wanted to be left alone.

Moran's eyes narrowed. "What is it with you, kid? You don't wanna socialize with any of the rest of us, just show up for the planning and briefing and then disappear."

Duo halted his stride and turned to face the man, his eyes glittered dangerously. "What I do in my own time is my business, Moran. Socializing is not a good idea. What happens if someone overhears you talking and goes running to the cops? Don't tell me you don't discuss the plan, I know you do."

Moran paled a little.

Duo saw the fear and pressed on. "If I keep myself to myself then there's no problem. The cops aren't gonna suspect one person by themselves, but, a group, now there's cause for them to want to investigate. I thought even you would be smart enough to figure something like that out."

Moran nodded. "Sorry kid. You do have a point."

"Too damn right I do, now get out of my face and leave me be." Duo growled.

Moran stepped to the side and allowed Duo to pass, chewing over the conversation in his mind. He'd suspected Duo of something... what, he wasn't sure and hadn't been able to find out anything on the lanky youth to confirm his suspicion. Maybe he was being paranoid. What Duo had said made perfect sense. God, he would be glad when this whole damn exercise was over and done with. He turned on his heel and went in search of the *boss*

Duo slipped from the building and slunk along the streets, hands deep in his pockets, eyes turned downwards. When he was sure he wasn't being followed he criss crossed his way across town and stopped at a burger joint. Taking the small paper bag, he headed into the park and found a fairly deserted spot under a shady tree. He felt tired for some reason, although he'd slept perfectly fine. / Must be the fact that I haven't eaten. / He opened the bag and removed a handful of fries, stuffing them into his mouth while he fished around for the burger. Moments later, he was contentedly sinking his teeth into the concoction, the taste welcome in his mouth.

~ * ~

Heero finished his shower and padded through to the lounge room where his partner lay sprawled on the couch; he paused in the doorway and studied the young man. Duo was certainly a vision to behold. The sweats rode low on his hips and Heero could make out the shadow of the bone and the indent of the muscles as they curved below the material. His eyes wandered over the naked chest, noting the soft flush to the skin and darker circles of Duo's nipples standing out against the milkiness. He jerked back to reality and flushed red at being caught staring.

Duo rose from the couch in a graceful, almost fluid motion and flashed Heero a wide grin.

"Where are you going?" Heero asked as Duo brushed past him.

"Toilet," was the reply. "To pee," was added when he saw the quirk of an eyebrow.

Heero moved aside and let him pass, wandering over to the couch and picking up the remote, he couldn't help the thought that this was the third time in the past two hours that Duo had been to the toilet. He dismissed the thought though and smiled as he remembered the size of the dinner that Duo had packed away. So much for the nausea from this morning. Duo certainly didn't look sick so Heero put those thoughts out of his head and concentrated on finding something to watch.

Duo stood in the bathroom, the toilet seat up and a slow trickle leaving his body. He scratched his head. He couldn't figure why he needed to go, despite his bladder telling him that it needed emptying, each time he went there wasn't much at all. Flushing the toilet, he washed his hands and returned to the couch, snuggling against Heero and losing himself to the scent, sight and feel of his lover's warm arms and body close to him.

~ * ~