Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Chimaera ❯ Chapter 20 ( Chapter 20 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G'boys, I just borrow them from time to time to play with and return them a whole lot happier, ne?

Rating: NC 17

Warnings: Yaoi, Lemon, sap, angst, Male Pregnancy, medical themes

Pairings: 1x2x1

Archive: http://gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com

http://sweetlysour.net.

http://adultfanfiction.net

http://www.theforsakenwk.com

Many thanks to DBZVelena, Ryouga and Yami_Tai for the beta. Also thanks to Yami_Tai for the title of this fic.

Notes: Set partially during the series but main bulk after the war. EW didn't take place. The Eve wars are finished and the peace retained. The pilots have all gone their own ways, Heero and Duo have made a life together both working for Preventer when Duo's world is turned upside down as his unknown past comes back to haunt him.

Dedication: To Velena who gave me the plot bunny for this little gem.

Status: In progress.

~ Indicates flashbacks ~

/ thoughts /

"Chimaera"

October. 2003 ShenLong

Chapter 20

The sunlight that managed to break through a chink in the curtains fell across the face of a sleeping Duo, stirring him slowly into wakefulness. Violet eyes cracked open just enough to read the glowing red digits of the alarm clock. / Fuck! 6.30! / He closed his eyes again and then opened them once more. He felt warm... The reason for the warmth was still in bed with him.

Duo smiled to himself and took the opportunity to enjoy the closeness. Usually Heero was awake before him and had left their bed, well, every day except the weekends that was. Then they both lay in bed and enjoyed a cuddle and the feeling of being able to just lie there with no pressure of the day awaiting them. Heero's head was pillowed on his chest, an arm slung over his hip and legs entwined. He could feel the steady heartbeat and gentle rise and fall of Heero's chest against his side. Duo sighed softly. He was happy. No, it was more than that...

He was content.

His mind wandered back over the previous evening's events causing a smile to invade his lips and another sensation to flow through his body. After all this time Heero had finally taken him, made love to him with a tenderness and devotion that Duo knew could only come from a deep caring. Heero had repeatedly told him how much he loved him and now that love had only been strengthened with the act they had enjoyed last night.

While Duo had never doubted the words, the fact that Heero had given up his body to Duo was the first stage of confirming Heero's commitment; now that cycle was complete and the love wholly returned with Heero having claimed his body also. A shiver traversed his nervous system but it was one of deep feeling, not cold.

In all his young life Duo had given freely of himself to assist others who were too weak to help themselves. He'd learnt to survive the hard way but never complained, as there was always someone else worse off than he was and so he'd pushed on, surviving under circumstances that would have seen a lesser person give up. His heart had been torn from him on occasions to numerous to remember, the pain of loss never getting any easier to bear but influencing the youngster even if he didn't know it.

He'd learnt to guard his feelings, hide his heart from further pain but now...

The war had long gone and with it, the need to run and hide.

While he would always have his memories of the people once so dear to him, he was slowly learning to let himself live. While Heero was discovering the emotions long ago taken from him and learning to let them out and embrace them, so Duo was learning to trust in life, that he could allow himself to love again, without the fear of it being taken from him once more.

He felt Heero's eyelashes brush against his chest, indicating that his lover was waking up. His lips gravitated towards the top of Heero's head and he kissed the silken locks while his fingers traced patterns over the skin of Heero's biceps. "Morning, lover," he whispered.

Heero smiled at the words and pressed a kiss to Duo's chest before shifting his position so he could stare into the warm eyes of his partner, friend and soul mate. "Morning, Duo. How do you feel?"

"Mmm... Happy, loved, safe."

"I wasn't too rough with you last night? I mean, you're not sore or anything?"

Duo shifted a little. There was a dull ache coming from his rear end but it wasn't unpleasant, if anything it only re-enforced how much he was cared about. "There's just a little bit of discomfort but nothing painful," he responded honestly.

"Good. I didn't want to hurt you; I never want to hurt you." Heero snuggled closer. "I love you too much to ever hurt you willingly."

Duo closed his arms around his lover's body and squeezed tightly. "You could never hurt me, Heero. I know that. Last night... it was... I can't find the words to describe it. It was more than just fantastic, the lovemaking that is, but there was more to it than that. It was deeper, more meaningful like...."

Heero kissed Duo's chest once more. "I know what you're trying to say, Duo. I felt the same way when you took me the first time. It's as if your entire soul is drawn from inside, bathed in love and then returned. Words just don't do it justice."

Duo chuckled. "Yeah, something like that."

Heero raised himself up and took Duo's lips in a warm, loving kiss. "Don't try to figure it out, Duo. I've already tried and it's impossible. Just let it happen and enjoy it."

"God, I love you so much," Duo replied, the emotion tying his stomach in knots and his voice choking with it.

Heero silenced him with another kiss. "I think we should get up and start getting ready for work, after all the praise yesterday, I don't think it would look too good if we turn up late today."

"Just one more kiss first?"

Heero smiled and granted the request.

~ * ~

Wufei called by the office around mid morning to pick up the completed reports on the case bust. He scanned through them and gave a grunt of approval before turning his attention back to the two agents. "The last of the arrests are being made as we speak, the people we already have in custody, were only too willing to talk so it is only a matter of time before the whole gang is behind bars. The Preventer legal team is putting together the case and it will be going to court in around two weeks; the trial date, I assume, will be set to follow around four weeks after that. Both of you will be required to present yourselves as witnesses so I need not remind you that this case is not to be discussed with anyone other than yourselves, myself or Commander Une. Please ensure that all the evidence you have is handed over to the appropriate persons and the records you have on file are secure."

"Already done," Heero replied.

"Yeah, Wuffie. We ain't kids here, give us some credit," Duo quipped.

Wufei turned his onyx gaze in Duo's direction. "As soon as Preventer opens up its crèche I'm sure you will be the first one enrolled, Maxwell."

/ Wufei-2... Duo-2 / Heero mused.

Wufei turned back to the matter at hand. "While this case is being prepared I have another one for you both."

Duo's eyes lit up. "What is it this time? Half crazed killers......? The pope kidnapped? Or grannies causing havoc with their walkers?"

Heero tried to stifle his snickers.

"If those are the sorts of cases you would prefer then I'm sure I can arrange for you to be on school crossing duty for the rest of your career, Maxwell. This case needs someone with intelligence, infiltration skills and the ability to think on their feet." Wufei paused for a moment as if lost in thought then continued, "Shame that Barton refused the offer to join the agency, we could have used his skills on this case."

Duo sat there, he didn't know whether to be insulted or play along with the charade. Heero solved the dilemma for him.

"What is the case, Chang?"

"Ahh, yes. We have reason to believe that a group is planning a minor rebellion at the up-coming trade and peace talks. As you know there will be a lot of high profile ministers at these talks and Preventer has been put in charge of security and protection for the ministers during the talks. We received a tip off that a small group of rebels are intending to protest against the peace and trade by taking out as many of the ministers as possible." Wufei dropped a file to the desk top in front of Heero. "All the information we have so far is contained in there. Also there are the blue prints of the convention center along with the names and identities of the various ministers and the current security system. I'm sure I can leave it to your skills to ensure that the security is upgraded to Preventer standard."

Heero nodded. "I'll get right onto it."

"Maxwell."

Duo looked at the Chinese man.

"I want you to look into the group, hopefully infiltrate them, see what else you can find out about this plan of theirs and if possible stop this attack from even getting off the ground."

"Yes, sir!" Duo mock saluted.

Wufei shook his head. "I expect you to keep me informed as to your progress on a daily basis. When you have looked through the information I will be in my office should you require any further assistance."

"Hai." Heero had already gotten the file open and was skimming through the contents.

"I will leave you to it then." Wufei turned and left the office.

Duo rose from his seat and went across to Heero's desk, leaning over Heero's shoulder to peer at the file. His braid slid over his shoulder and landed with a soft thump in Heero's lap. Heero dropped his hand and clasped the tufted end as he continued to read through. Duo smiled to himself at the small endearment and then returned his gaze to the file.

They explored the blueprints and layout of the center, Heero taking notes as he went. The security system wasn't too bad in general, although there were a few areas that needed upgrading to meet his strict standards. Duo, meanwhile, investigated what little information they had on the terrorist group themselves.

Taking the portion of the notes from the file that related to his part of the case, Duo returned to his own computer to sift through the information and do some research. It seemed that the group was made up predominantly of ex-colonists, some of whom had been active in the war on the side of OZ no less. / Well that figured. / But that was where the information ran out. Other than a few names there wasn't really a whole lot to go on. Duo rubbed his forehead. He needed to speak with Wufei and find out a little more on this case, like who had given them the tip off. There was only so much he could find out with the limited resources he had.

Heero looked up at him as he stood up, the question written in his eyes. "I'd better go speak to Wufei. There isn't much in here so I'm hoping he can give me the name of the informant, maybe then I can get a little more background and begin to make some sort of head way."

Heero nodded.

Duo left in search of the Chinese agent.

~ * ~

The egg immediately released a chemical to prevent any further sperm from breaking through, despite their desperate attempts. The one lucky one that had penetrated the barrier was soon swallowed up inside and fused with the nucleus, the two now joined together began to combine their chromosomes and thus the blueprint was *born*.

Lazily, the egg continued along its path until the small tube ended and the vast space of the uterus engulfed it. Like a frightened child it sought refuge in the lining and buried itself deeply away, safe for now while the process of cell division and formation became top priority.

~ * ~

Duo had his audience with Wufei, going through the information he had and working out the best tactics to employ in relation to the terrorist case. The name of the informant had been given and was the first on the list of things Duo intended to research. With the complete mission perimeters now set and the authority given to clear him to take whatever steps he needed to work on the case, he felt the thrill of the fight coursing through his system. The challenge of bringing yet another organization to justice, for attempts to sabotage the peace he'd sacrificed so much for, firing an adrenaline rush that made him fairly hum with anticipation.

Heero looked up as he returned to the office, noting the lightness of the step and the grin that was plastered to the sweet face. Duo seemed to pulse with the vibrancy of life. "How did it go?"

Duo plopped down in his chair and folded his arms behind his head. "It went great, Heero."

"Going to share?"

"Yup. Wanna come to lunch with me and I'll fill you in on my side of the assignment."

Heero nodded, and powered down the computer and grabbed his jacket. He then followed his braided lover out of the building and to a small restaurant they had discovered a couple of blocks from HQ.

Michael, the waiter, saw them coming and escorted them to a table at the rear of the restaurant,. He dropped the menu's to the table and disappeared to get them their drinks which he knew by heart. Returning moments later with an orange juice and root beer, he then took the order and discreetly left the agents to their talk.

Duo chattered away, happily informing his partner of his side of the mission. Heero listened with full attention, his gut beginning to twist when he fully understood what Duo was going to be doing. "You're going to infiltrate the group? Become a part of the terrorist gang?"

"Yup. I have the name of the informant and Wufei is arranging a meeting between the informant and myself, hopefully he will get me an introduction to the gang and then I'll be on the inside."

Heero's brow furrowed and he felt an unfamiliar emotion rising in his heart...

Fear.

"Heero? What's wrong?" Duo's voice was laced with concern. Heero had gone pale on him and his eyes took on a far away look.

Abruptly Heero shook himself and stared into the worried amethyst gaze of the man he loved. "Sorry. I guess..." He looked deeper into those eyes. "I guess it wouldn't make any difference if I said I didn't want you to do this, Duo."

It was Duo's turn to look confused. "It's a mission, buddy. We work for the Preventer organization now and this is all part of the job. I have to go, Heero, you of all people should understand that."

"I know, it's just that I... Well, I'm worried about you. I don't want anything to happen to you. I mean, what happens if they find out who you are… if they turn on you?"

Duo placed his hand over the top of Heero's. "I know where you're coming from, Heero, but this is just an infiltration job. I've done hundreds of them before in much more dangerous situations than this. Trust me. I know what I'm doing. You can't protect me all the time, Heero."

Heero's eyes lowered but there was a distinct choke to his voice when he next spoke. "I know, but..."

"Heero... Look at me."

Heero did.

Duo cupped his lover's cheek and ran his thumb over the high bone. "I love you, Heero, but I also have a job to do, the same as you do. I intend to infiltrate this group and find out their plans. I can report back to you and then you can make the necessary adjustments to the security without it becoming obvious. Then, we can catch them before anyone gets hurt and if we are as successful as I know we can be, Une and Wufei will be singing our praises once again and you will take me home and pound my ass into the mattress."

"Huh?" Heero looked a little perplexed at the last few words.

Duo gave him a cheeky grin. "Heero, don't worry about me. I'll be fine, okay? Just promise me that you will continue to make love to me the way you did last night."

Heero smiled, a rare, from the heart smile, and leant into the touch of Duo's hand. "I know I'm being over protective again and I'm sorry. If anyone can take care of themselves, it's you. Now as for making love again... I'm sure that I can be persuaded to sample the fruits tonight."

Duo visibly shivered. "Oh fuck, Heero. This afternoon is really gonna drag."

"Tell me about it," Heero moaned in reply.

"Come on, let's get going back. The sooner we work on this case some more, the sooner we can go home and *relax*" Duo stood and discreetly rearranged himself. It wouldn't do to walk back into HQ with a hard on showing through his pants.

Heero followed the move but left his bulge where Duo could see it and noted with a smirk that it was having the desired effect.

"Tease!" muttered Duo as he eyed Heero's pants hungrily.

"You will have it soon enough, Duo."

"I'd better, Yuy."

~ * ~

tbc....