Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Chimaera ❯ Chapter 27 ( Chapter 27 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G'boys, I just borrow them from time to time to play with and return them a whole lot happier, ne?

Rating: NC 17

Warnings: Yaoi, Lemon, sap, angst, Male Pregnancy, medical themes

Pairings: 1x2x1

Archive: http://gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com

http://sweetlysour.net.

http://adultfanfiction.net

http://www.theforsakenwk.com

Many thanks to DBZVelena, Ryouga and Yami_Tai for the beta. Also thanks to Yami_Tai for the title of this fic.

Notes: Set partially during the series but main bulk after the war. EW didn't take place. The Eve wars are finished and the peace retained. The pilots have all gone their own ways, Heero and Duo have made a life together both working for Preventer when Duo's world is turned upside down as his unknown past comes back to haunt him.

Dedication: To Velena who gave me the plot bunny for this little gem.

Status: In progress.

~ Indicates flashbacks ~

/ thoughts /

"Chimaera"

October. 2003 ShenLong

Chapter 27

Duo followed the others to the stairwell, determined to keep Moran where he could see him at all times. The heavy door swung open and they filed inside. Heading down the steps, Duo felt the familiar thrill of adventure seeping through him and he welcomed it. The danger, the excitement, the knowledge that he was a part of preventing criminals such as these from achieving their goals set his blood pounding through his veins.

"This is it," whispered Harper as they stopped on a small landing. The sign above the heavy door indicated `Level Four'. Harper checked his watch while Cooper moved to the rear of the group. Moran shifted to beside Harper and Duo moved to the left. All released the safety mechanisms on their guns.

Harper counted down, "Five... four... three... two... one... GO!"

Duo swung the door open; at the same time, he dropped to a crouching position and took aim for the cameras. Harper and Moran stepped through, one turning left and the other to the right, guns cocked.

The silencers did their job well, only a small sound of discharge was heard and the tinkling of glass as Duo took out the cameras. The two guards dropped and Harper waved them out. They slunk along the passage to the next one and made short work of the guards there. Duo was pleased to note that none of the group stopped to check and see if the guards were dead, instead they stepped over them and continued on their way.

The group from the elevator had cleaned up their side of the floor and met with the stair group by the foyer.

*

Heero watched the monitors with Wufei. Five of the screens went blank within seconds of each other. "There go the cameras," Heero stated the obvious.

Wufei grunted and carried on watching. "At least the other cameras are working effectively."

"Hn. So they should."

"I would expect nothing less from you, Yuy."

Heero didn't bother to reply; instead he watched the progress of the group from the stairwell. One person in particular, as they joined forces and slunk into the foyer.

*

The boss waved his hand, all communication being done by signals and not voice. The men all took their positions, guns drawn, safety's off ready for action. Wallace, Jennings and Duo were flattened against the wall on the right of the doors. Harper, Thompsett and Moran similarly flanked the other side. The boss and Cooper were poised at the double doors that paved the way into the conference room; ready to open them, drop and start shooting as soon as they were in.

Duo's heart was racing, the adrenaline coursing through him, his limbs tingling with excitement. He hoped that the people on the other side of the doors were ready; if they weren't, there wasn't anything he could do about it now.

The boss looked in his direction, Duo nodded at the silent question. The boss looked to the other side and Duo watched as Harper nodded their readiness. With both sides confirmed, the boss gave Cooper a firm nod and the two of them lunged forward., pushing the doors open and dropping to the floor. Wallace, Jennings and Duo slipped in low from the right as did Harper and Thompsett from the left. Moran paused at the door but no one noticed as gunfire echoed in the room.

*

The small fetus stirred restlessly. While no blood was exchanged between itself and its *mother*, adrenaline began to flow and it could sense that something was not quite right. It curled itself into a ball and tried to press into the lining of the uterus that shielded it from outside harm.

*

Heero's heart was in his mouth as he watched the group prepare to invade the conference room. He kept his eyes mainly on Duo, noting that his lover was plastered to the wall. His eyes flickered to the other screen; the agents inside the room were all armed and ready.

Wufei checked the other cameras, noting that the guards that had been shot in the hallways were picking themselves up and running status checks on each other. Wufei was pleased to note that none looked any worse for the ordeal of being shot. He silently thanked the Preventer technicians who had developed a strengthened version of the bullet proof vest. He was pretty confident that the worst of the injuries was only going to be bruising.

Heero continued to watch, his teeth worrying his bottom lip as the group tensed, ready to make their move. He shivered as a sudden feeling of dread washed over him and his hand went to his mouth to stop any sound from escaping.

Wufei turned his attention back to the main room screen, his fingernails dug into the palm of his hand as the tension grew.

Heero was fighting his instincts. Everything telling him to get down there and drag his lover out of such a dangerous situation; but he knew he couldn't.

The screen exploded into life, people shouted and gunfire was exchanged.

*

Duo stayed low and slid along the wall to find some cover. The agents in the room knew who he was and had been given strict instructions to fire in his direction but not to hit him. As for the others... take them down if necessary, but not fatally.

As soon as the group entered the room, they were immediately engaged in a shoot out. The boss desperately sought cover and tried to figure out what had gone wrong. These were politicians; they weren't supposed to be armed.

Moran hesitated in the door way, the sudden explosion of gun fire made his mind up for him though. He could see the politicians returning fire and realized that the plan had gone horribly wrong. Quickly, he backed up and looked for somewhere to hide. He heard the approaching footsteps of people in the hall and dived behind a chair. The guards that had been *shot* earlier paused at the entry to the foyer and waited to be given the all clear signal.

Inside the conference room, bullets were being exchanged but the terrorists knew they were out numbered. It was only a matter of time before they either ran out of ammunition or were shot. Duo was crouched in the corner of the room behind the buffet table that held the water cooler and an urn for the tea and coffee. He couldn't see much from here and decided it was safer to wait it out rather than get caught in the cross fire; besides if anything happened, he knew Heero would be royally pissed at him for taking unnecessary risks. And a pissed off Heero was something he didn't need right now. Duo took a chance to peer out and see how the rest of the group was faring.

Harper had been shot in the arm, Cooper and Wallace had both taken bullets to the legs while the others remained lead free. Duo heard the voice of the boss over the shots, announcing their surrender and then, it was all over.

"Throw out your weapons, put your hands on your head and come out where we can see you."

Duo wasn't sure whose voice had given the command but he watched as the men all tossed their weapons out. He threw his own out to join the rest and slowly stood up. The boss, Thompsett, Jennings and Harper were now standing, all except Harper had their hands on their heads. Harper was cradling his arm, the red stain gradually growing larger. Cooper and Wallace remained where they were on the floor, unable to stand. Cooper had been hit in the thigh while Wallace was wondering if he would ever have the use of his kneecap again.

The agents swarmed forwards, cuffing the group and calling for medical assistance for those who were injured. In the resulting action, no one noticed that there was one terrorist missing. Moran stayed hidden behind the chair, observing and listening in to what was happening in the other room. He watched as the guards from the hall went through the foyer to join those in the conference room. Shortly after, the boss and two of his colleagues were led, cuffed from the room and escorted to the waiting elevator. Moments later the medic's arrived, discussing the state of the attack as they entered the room. Moran couldn't help but overhear them.

"The call said there were three down but didn't confirm who," the one medic said as he entered the foyer, medical kit in hand.

"I hope that Agent Night is all right, I dread to think what Agent Day would be like if his partner was one of the injured," his assistant replied

"You can say that again," the medic snorted. "I heard he was pretty much against the whole idea of his partner being the one to infiltrate. Lord knows the consequences, if so much as a hair of that chestnut braid is damaged."

The voices faded as they entered the conference room but Moran had heard enough. / So the kid was a Preventer Agent. / Moran thought to himself. / No wonder things had gone wrong and it would certainly explain the kid's shooting skills. / His face took on an evil grin.

~ * ~

Heero remained tense as he watched the terrorists surrender. Only when he saw Duo come out from behind the table with his hands in the air and no sign of damage, did he begin to relax.

Wufei continued to monitor the progress in the room, watching the group all being handcuffed, Duo included. He gave a small smile as three of them were escorted from the room and the medics arrived to treat the wounded. As far as he could tell three of the would be assassins had been hurt and one agent. What the extent of the injuries was, he couldn't tell as communications were still offline, Heero having yet to signal the all clear for the comm units to be reactivated.

Watching his lover being handcuffed, made Heero wince. He knew it was only for show but still shuddered at the memories it invoked. Heero vowed that once they were home together, he would sweep Duo into his arms and make slow, gentle love to him to show Duo how much he loved and needed him. He cleared the lines and reopened the comm units.

"Agent Day here, all units now safe for communication."

"Roger that."

"Congratulations, Agents." Wufei said.

"Status report," Heero barked down the unit.

"One agent with a bullet graze to the right temple. Three suspects injured. Two leg injuries and one arm. None fatal and should be fine after medical intervention."

"Commence clean up." Wufei ordered and then switched his attention back to the screens.

"How is Agent Night?" Heero asked; he needed to know, have his visual confirmed.

"Hey, Heero. I'm fine. I'll be with you soon. Agent Sand is gonna *escort* me out." Duo swiped said agent's comm unit to speak with his partner.

"I'll see you soon then. Day out."

Heero returned his eyes to the screen, what happened next made his blood freeze in his veins and his heart leap to his throat.

~ * ~

Moran overheard the kid's side of the conversation. He had no doubts now that the kid was the one who had betrayed them. He'd recognize that husky voice anywhere. Footsteps began to approach; he heard the kid and an agent talking as they came closer to the doors. Quickly, he turned and crouched behind the chair, preparing to launch himself.

As Duo stepped out of the conference room and into the foyer, he was suddenly made aware of three things. One, someone came out from the side and attacked them sending Agent Sand crashing, unconscious to the ground. Two, that person was none other than Moran who had obviously escaped during the shooting earlier and three, he was handcuffed.

Moran jumped the agent from behind as he and the kid walked past. The butt of his gun slammed into the base of the agent's skull rendering him unconscious. Spinning around Moran leveled the gun on Duo, an evil smirk on his face. "Double cross us would you, kid?" Moran stepped closer to Duo. The sounds of feet coming from the conference room told Moran that his little act hadn't gone unheard. Swiftly, he grabbed Duo by the arm and pulled him to use as a shield. He placed the barrel of the gun under Duo's chin. "Thought you could get away with it did you, kid?" he whispered. "Well, I have news for you. You're my ticket out of here."

Duo kept his voice calm and steady. "It's over, Moran. Why don't you just surrender now and save yourself and Preventer, a whole shit load of trouble?"

"I don't think so." Moran looked up sharply as the other agents came running out of the room. "Take one step closer and I will shoot him."

The agents all halted immediately and lowered their guns.

"Good. Now I think the kid and I will be leaving. I'd like to stay and chat but I have other places I'd rather be." Moran began to walk backwards through the foyer and towards the elevator, keeping Duo between himself and the agents, his gun still pressed under Duo's chin.

~ * ~

"DUO!" Heero yelled inside the control room. He watched, helpless as his lover was taken hostage by one of the terrorists.

Wufei nearly jumped out of his skin with Heero's yell. He turned to face the Japanese agent. Yuy was as white as a sheet, his fists clenched and his eyes burned fiercely. Wufei looked at the monitor that had Yuy's attention. "Shit! Where the hell did he come from?"

Heero wasn't listening. He'd seen his lover being used as a shield, being slowly backed towards the elevator.

"We will get him out of this, Yuy," Wufei began, but Heero wasn't there. "Shit!" Wufei swore again and then jumped onto the com unit. "Yuy, if you can hear me, remember no fatal shots."

There was a little static and then a voice. "Fuck off, Chang. My partner is in trouble and I will do whatever is necessary to liberate him. So, as Duo would say, shove the rule book where the sun don't shine! Yuy out!"

Wufei was left with a dead com link and a rather red face. That was all he needed. One psycho agent, hell bent on rescuing his partner and no way to communicate with him. Wufei sincerely hoped that the terrorist had a health plan... Once Yuy had finished with him, he was going to need it.

~ * ~

Heero's feet were running before he even knew he was moving. Blindly, he raced out of the surveillance room and down the hall way to the stairwell. Flinging open the door, he began to descend the steps as fast as he dared. The com unit went off in his ear and he promptly told Chang where to go. His Duo was in trouble and Heero was damn certain he wasn't going to sit back and let his lover get hurt.

Bursting out of the stairwell on the ground floor he ran forth, gun drawn, screaming for everyone to get out the way.

~ * ~

Duo felt himself being dragged backwards into the elevator; he was surprised at how calm he was managing to be, under the circumstances. He tried to give the other agents a confident smile, but he didn't think he succeeded very well.

Moran was pleased to see the elevator still there, the boss having jammed the doors earlier, presumably to stop any surprises from entering the floor while they were occupied. He pulled the kid in after him, kicked the steel restraining bar out of the way and pushed the ground floor button. The doors closed and the lift began to descend.

Moran still held the gun to Duo's head and leaned his face into the crook of Duo's neck. He licked up the side of Duo's neck. "You're going to help me get out of here, kid. Then once I'm out, I think you owe me something." Moran's hand snaked around the front of Duo's jeans and began to palm Duo's groin.

Duo shuddered with revulsion. Subtly, he tried to wriggle his wrists in the handcuffs, determined to free himself. He had no doubt that Moran would try and rape him, especially given the embarrassment the guy had suffered because of Duo. "I suggest you get your filthy hands off me."

"Really? I don't think you're in any position to make threats." Moran squeezed Duo's cock through his jeans.

"I swear, if you don't leave me alone and let me go, you will regret this for the rest of your miserable life." Duo hissed. He'd nearly managed to get free of the 'cuffs.

Moran laughed and slipped his hand to Duo's rear, giving Duo's ass a parting feel as the doors to the elevator opened on the ground floor.

"Let him go and surrender your weapon."

Moran looked out from the elevator at the messy haired youth who had spoken. "I don't think so." He shoved Duo forwards.

Duo stumbled a bit as he was pushed forwards, then he felt the cold steel of the gun pressing against his neck.

Moran pushed the barrel of the gun against the kid's neck. "I think you should put your gun down and let me and the kid walk out of here."

"I can't do that." Heero's voice was calm but inside he was a mess. His soldier training had kicked in and was allowing him to function as a soldier should, but his emotional side was also present.

Duo gave his partner a small smile, trying to reassure Heero that he was all right. Well, as all right as he could be with some maniac pointing a gun at his head.

Heero stared at Duo. His eyes flicked from one side to the other, silently communicating. Duo read the signal; it was one they had used several times in the war. He closed his eyes three times to convey he understood and waited for the cue.

"If you don't get yourself out of my way and let me leave, then gorgeous here is going to bite the big one; which will be a shame as he's got such a delectable body on him and I would really like to have some fun with him before he dies." As if to emphasize the words, Moran ran his tongue along Duo's neck again.

Heero felt the rage burn through him. Staring directly at his love, he gave the signal.

Duo immediately twisted and dropped low, taking Moran by surprise. Heero's finger closed over the trigger and the gun bucked in his hand as the shot was fired. The aim was true and the gun went clattering to the floor as Moran screamed in pain, clutched at his hand and sank to his knees.

Duo was up in a flash and moving towards Heero, his back to Moran. Too late, Heero saw Moran reach for the gun with his uninjured hand.

It was as if everything went into slow motion for Heero. He raised his own gun; at the same time, Moran grabbed his and fired off a shot.

Duo suddenly became aware of Heero raising his gun and he twisted to look behind himself. A searing pain passed through his lower back and into his abdomen, then he was falling, the floor coming up to greet him at an alarming rate.

~ * ~

tbc......

Authors Footnote: Part 28 may be a little while in coming as I am having a few *battles* with RL as well as the muse, so I apologize in advance. ^_^