Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Chimaera ❯ Chapter 26 ( Chapter 26 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G'boys, I just borrow them from time to time to play with and return them a whole lot happier, ne?

Rating: NC 17

Warnings: Yaoi, Lemon, sap, angst, Male Pregnancy, medical themes

Pairings: 1x2x1

Archive: http://gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com

http://sweetlysour.net.

http://adultfanfiction.net

http://www.theforsakenwk.com

Many thanks to DBZVelena, Ryouga and Yami_Tai for the beta. Also thanks to Yami_Tai for the title of this fic.

Notes: Set partially during the series but main bulk after the war. EW didn't take place. The Eve wars are finished and the peace retained. The pilots have all gone their own ways, Heero and Duo have made a life together both working for Preventer when Duo's world is turned upside down as his unknown past comes back to haunt him.

Dedication: To Velena who gave me the plot bunny for this little gem.

Status: In progress.

~ Indicates flashbacks ~

/ thoughts /

"Chimaera"

October. 2003 ShenLong

Chapter 26

The five days passed with no further problems for Duo. Each day he went back to the building and spent a little time there just in case any of the other members of the group decided to drop by for a visit. No one did. The message must have gotten back to the boss via Moran. Duo wondered just how much of the visit Moran had told the boss about. It was unlikely he would mention the bit about groping Duo as the result from the action would only add to the man's incompetent status.

The nausea he was experiencing in the mornings was still with him but he'd managed to control it for the most part. Heero had only caught him twice with his head bent over the toilet and surprisingly, had said very little. When Duo asked him about his lack of insistence that Duo stay home or get looked at, Heero had replied that Duo had already told him he would see Sally after the mission was over if he was still feeling sick and that Heero accepted he would stick to his word.

Duo's eyes had softened with that and he'd hugged Heero close. His partner was obviously trying very hard not to smother Duo with his need to protect him and Duo appreciated the act. He could tell by the tenseness in his lover how much it was costing him to keep his peace.

The day after Duo's encounter with Moran, Duo had gone into HQ and poured over the plans of the building with Heero. He passed on the information that he'd gathered in regards to the scoping out of the building and the general outline for the attack, now it was up to Heero to ensure that the guards and other personnel were going to be kept safe.

~ Flashback ~

"The group are intending to use this office here as the home base." Duo pointed to the appropriate area on the map. "From here we split into two groups, one will take the stairwell and the others the elevator. The handguns will be used to take out the guards and the cameras on the fourth floor."

Heero studied the map to see where the guards were to be positioned and where the cameras were mounted upon the wall. "I'll have secondary cameras mounted here and here," Heero stated and pointed to the spot above the elevator where the floor numbers were indicated and the clock that sat on another wall. "I'll also install two more in the foyer and four in the conference room itself. The air vents should provide the cover needed for them. That way we will have all the evidence we need on tape."

"What about audio?" Wufei asked.

"I'"ll carry a small recording device on me and it should be easy enough to plant bugs in the pot plants." Duo replied.

"The guards will all be wearing bullet proof vests..." Heero began.

"I'd suggest they wear bullet proof pants," Duo stated and then looked at the other two. "Well, you haven't seen how they shoot!" he said with a grin.

Heero rolled his eyes. "They will be wearing bullet proof vests... and be warned about keeping their legs out of the firing line," he added as he saw Duo's grin widen to envelop almost all his face. "The politicians will all be replaced by Preventer agents, again wearing the necessary protective gear and they will also be armed. The other staff will be kept away from the floor and notified that there is a fire drill taking place at the time the attack is scheduled for." Heero turned to look at his partner.

"I should find out the time and final details in four days. The recon will be done by then and I have the final briefing to attend. I'll confirm the details that day." Duo stated.

"Back up agents will be placed on each of the floors above and below the fourth, covering the exit points." Heero straightened up. "Any questions?"

"Where will you be while all this is going on, Heero?" Duo asked.

"The security base will be set up on the third floor, right here." Heero showed Duo on the map the exact spot. It was strategically placed so that they could monitor the events on the fourth floor and should their intervention be required, they could be there within minutes. "Chang and I will be based here; we can monitor and run the entire operation from this room."

"Good."

"Why did you want to know, Duo?" Heero asked, as he was sure he'd told Duo where he would be before.

Duo leaned over and whispered in Heero's ear. "Just so I know where to go to get my congratulatory kiss when this is all finished."

~ End Flashback ~

Duo lay in their bed; he really didn't want to leave the warmth and security of the blankets. He could hear the sounds of Heero moving about the kitchen and reluctantly decided he'd better get mobile otherwise Heero would be in and fussing over him again. The queasy feeling was back in his stomach so he headed for the bathroom. He shut the door and turned the shower on to disguise any noise and lifting the lid of the porcelain god he'd come to know intimately, began what was now becoming a morning ritual for him. There was nothing in his belly other than bile to bring up and the heaving stopped after a minute or so. He quickly rinsed his mouth and flushed the toilet. before stepping under the spray for a quick shower.

He donned his usual outfit for the street work, black jeans and slightly torn black T-shirt. Heavy combat boots and worn leather jacket completed the outfit and Duo was ready for work. Duo couldn't help but notice that his jeans were beginning to fit a little more snugly around his hips. They weren't uncomfortable by any means and it wasn't much, but Duo had begun to notice it. Maybe he did need to heed Heero's advice and stop eating the Crunchie bars. He was now consuming one a day and would have more but somehow managed to restrict himself. He couldn't understand though why all of a sudden he would be desiring something so sweet. And not just anything sweet... it had to be a Crunchie bar. Nothing else seemed to satisfy the craving. Duo filed it away in his mind to worry about later. Right now he had breakfast to get through and the final briefing for the mission.

~ * ~

Duo arrived at the dump and cautiously approached the bunker. Stepping inside he noticed everyone was present except for Wallace. He nodded to the boss and moved to stand beside Cooper. Moran was on the other side and Duo wanted to keep as much space between himself and the sleaze as he could.

Moran watched the movements of the youth, he was still smarting from the ease at which the kid had rendered him incapacitated. He'd told the boss about the building and that the kid's story checked out. He didn't tell him about his quick grope and succeeding humiliation though. He narrowed his eyes as an ache in his shoulder reminded him of the kid's strength. He would get the kid for that.

Wallace arrived a few minutes later and they got down to the business of planning the attack.

"...There are guards positioned here, and here. The security cameras are mounted here, here and here," Harper informed them.

"The group coming from the elevator will need to be alert. As soon as the doors open, take aim and shoot. There are two guards situated here and here. The ones coming in from the stairwell will need to be as quiet as possible and careful. There is a guard just to the side of the stairwell and three others at intervals along this corridor and this corridor. The stair group should be able to take these ones out while the elevator group works around this way and removes the three guards positioned here and here," Wallace said.

"What about the cameras?" Cooper asked.

"I'd suggest we have one person in each group nominated to take out the cameras and two others to take down the guards," Harper stated.

Duo nodded in agreement. "I think that's a good idea, otherwise everyone's going to be shooting willy nilly and before we know it, they will be on to us."

"Hmm... I agree," the boss said. "Right, the elevator crew... Jennings can take out the cameras, Wallace and I will take out the guards. Cooper, you have the rifle."

The three nodded their acceptance.

"The stair group... Harper and Moran, you take the guards, kid, you take the cameras and Thompsett, you have the rifle."

The stair group nodded.

"Now, I want you all to arrive in varying intervals so it doesn't look suspicious...."

The boss trailed on, giving the times of arrival for each of the group and then running over the final assault once more. Duo listened, taking it all in but keeping part of his attention on Moran. The guy was still looking at him from time to time and Duo knew he hadn't felt the last of Moran's ill will towards him.

"... When we storm the conference room I want Harper, Thompsett and Moran to go this way. Kid, you Wallace and Jennings go that way. All of you keep low. Cooper and I will drop and go from here..."

The briefing finished a short while later and they were each given their weapons again. "Be careful not to draw any attention to yourselves. Keep your weapon well hidden as well as your ammunition. If there are no more questions I suggest you all head out and get a good night's rest. You will need your wits about you tomorrow."

The group began to disband, leaving one at a time and heading in different directions. Duo waited until most had gone before leaving himself, careful to hide the gun. He noticed that Moran left just after him but made no effort to follow Duo back to his *home*. Duo gave a sigh of relief. After tomorrow this whole fiasco would be over and Duo could look forward to a few days off, spent with his lover between the sheets.

With thoughts of Heero lying naked and spread for him, Duo continued on his way.

~ * ~

A small tremor passed through the tiny fetus, it could feel tension. The cells were still dividing and multiplying at an amazing rate, all now having the blue print of what they were to form. The brain and the spine were beginning to take shape and major organs had started the first stages of their development. The tiny heart was in the processes of forming along with the facial features.

Still cocooned in the sac of fluid the tiny being continued to float, oblivious to the events that were unfolding around it and completely unaware of the drama which was to about to happen and the resulting consequences.

No, the fetus remained happily locked in its own little universe, safe from the world and harm...

...or so it seemed.

~ * ~

"You be careful, please," Heero said softly as he kissed Duo good bye.

"I will. You just make sure that the agents know what they're doing, all right?" Duo returned as he leaned in for another kiss.

Heero devoured Duo's lips; he couldn't get enough of the American. He was worried about the mission, or rather about his partner's part in the mission. Duo was too much at risk in Heero's opinion and no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't dispel the feeling of unease. "I love you, Duo. Please remember that and don't take any unnecessary risks. I want you home safe in my bed tonight."

"Planning something special are we?" Duo cocked his head and nibbled along Heero's bottom lip.

Heero gave him a warm smile, one that only Duo was privy to and ran a possessive hand over Duo's rear. "I might be," he murmured huskily.

Duo shivered. "Fuck, Heero. The things you do to me," and as if to prove his point he pressed his hips against Heero's and rubbed his half hard cock against his lover.

Heero moaned. "I'll take care of that for you later on, now you had better get going, as should I.!"

"Love you, Heero," Duo said one last time and with a last kiss to Heero's lips, he left the apartment building and headed out to his temporary *home* to wait until it was time for him to head to the Trade Building.

Heero drove the pick up to Preventer HQ and met up with Wufei. The pair then left for the Trade Building in a Preventer vehicle to prepare for the day ahead.

~ * ~

9.00 am. Heero ran his check once more. The usual security cameras were functioning well. The hidden ones were also feeding the information back to the monitors in a steady, clear stream.

Wufei was watching the other standard security cameras on all the other floors. He studied the one located in the building's lobby. "There's the first," he stated and pointed to a suit clad figure carrying a briefcase that was walking across the lobby to the elevator.

Heero grunted in reply. "Everyone in position?" he said into the small headset he wore.

"Confirmed, Agent Day," came the response.

"Code green. We are away."

Wufei nodded to Heero and continued to watch the monitor. It had begun.

~ * ~

Duo checked his watch again and glanced at the building. Time for him to be making his way in. Feeling the barrel of the gun pressing against the small of his back he walked towards the Trade Building, a purpose to his stride.

10.10 am. Duo entered the building and headed for the elevator. Moments later he arrived on the sixth floor and exited, moving down the corridor to the office of Fleming and Co.

He slipped inside and was greeted by four of the others. Wallace, Moran and Cooper still having yet to arrive.

*

Back in the security room, Heero stiffened.

Duo had entered the building.

*

10.25am Cooper rode the elevator to the sixth floor. Greeting the others in the office he opened up the briefcase and removed the various parts of the rifle and began to assemble it.

Duo watched with mild interest. The rest of the group talked quietly amongst themselves, the adrenaline was beginning to flow.

*

Wufei noted the arrival of another of the group. "One more and they're all there," he told Heero.

"Rats are awaiting last one to their nest," he relayed down the com unit.

"Roger that."

*

Moran was the last one to arrive. Duo took a good look at the man; he needed to know what sort of mood he was in. The body language suggested he was edgy, nervous even. Duo hoped to Christ that the agents had all got their health insurance paid up.

"Check your guns, people," the boss said and everyone brought their weapon out and checked they were loaded and ready to go. Duo checked the safety was on before tucking the gun back into the waistband of the suit trousers he was wearing.

Lose the jackets and ties once you're in the stairwell or elevator," the boss ordered.

They had all had to wear suits complete with ties to look the part of businessmen and Duo had to wonder where a couple of them had picked up their outfits from. He rolled the sleeves of his shirt up to his elbows before shrugging back into his jacket, the gun now concealed.

The boss checked his watch.

11.00 am.

"Let's move out, people. Time to bring the turkey to the table."

Silently they filed out from the office and headed off in their various directions.

*

11.00 am... "The rats are leaving the nest, I repeat; the rats are leaving the nest. All systems go... code red," Heero relayed down the com unit.

"Roger. All agents alerted and ready."

"This is the last transmission. This channel is now closed, emergency contact only."

"Roger. Over and out."

Heero looked across to Wufei. "This is it then."

Wufei nodded. "Yes. This is where all of Maxwell's work comes to fruition."

Heero turned back to the console and the monitors.

"He will be all right, Yuy."

Heero looked back at Wufei. "I know he will, Chang." Convincing his heart though, was another matter.

~ * ~

tbc.......