Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Chimaera ❯ Chapter 40 ( Chapter 40 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G boys, I just borrow them from time to time and return them a whole lot happier.

Rating: NC 17

Warnings: Yaoi, Lemon, sap, angst, Male Pregnancy, medical themes

Pairings: 1x2x1

Archive: http://gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com

http://sweetlysour.net.

http://adultfanfiction.net

http://www.theforsakenwk.com

Summary: Set partially during the series but main bulk after the war. EW didn't take place. The Eve wars are finished and the peace retained. The pilots have all gone their own ways, Heero and Duo have made a life together both working for Preventer when Duo's world is turned upside down as his unknown past comes back to haunt him.

Dedication: To Velena who gave me the plot bunny for this little gem.

Special thanks to my wonderful beta's DBZVelena, Ryouga and Yami_Tai, I'd be lost without you guys!

Status: In progress.

~ Indicates flashbacks ~

/ thoughts /

"Chimaera"

October 2003 ShenLong

Chapter 40.

Duo spent the night as comfortably as could be expected. His wounds were healed enough that they were starting to irritate him, a sure sign that everything was progressing normally. Nurse Brown strode into the room and pulled back the curtains, letting the light flood the room. Duo turned his head lazily to the side and watched the motions of the nurse as she went about the morning routine; a routine he was now completely familiar with.

After opening the curtains she would go into the small bathroom and prepare everything for his shower. Then she would return, take his blood pressure and temperature and then assist him to the bathroom where she would leave him to shower. While he took his shower she would tidy his bed up, re-making it and fluffing the pillows, next came the tidy up of his bedside table and the moveable tray. He would turn off the shower and dry himself off, climbing into fresh underwear and the soft pajama bottoms that Heero had brought in for him. He couldn't stand the hospital gowns any longer. He would then use his hairbrush to tame the mass of chestnut and re-braid it before informing the nurse that he was finished with his ablutions. Nurse Brown would then assist him back to bed, refresh his water jug and clean and dress his wounds. Once all this was completed she would disappear for about five minutes to fetch his breakfast tray.

With the first part of the routine over, and safely back in the bed, Duo raised his head from the magazine article he'd been reading as the nurse returned with the tray. He tossed the magazine to the bed and pulled himself up a little. The nurse placed his breakfast on the moveable tray table and pushed it towards Duo. "There you go, Duo," she said in her motherly tone and departed for the bathroom to clean it up while Duo ate his breakfast.

Duo's nose wrinkled as he sniffed the air coming off the covered plate. Gingerly he lifted the lid and stared at the offering. Two slices of toast, cooked to perfection, greeted him. He rolled his eyes in exasperation. Reaching for the small glass he sniffed the contents there. Apple juice. Well, at least that was an improvement on the orange juice. Oh, and a cup of tea. Duo groaned. He longed for a cup of coffee but Nurse Brown had forbidden him to touch coffee while she was around. It was getting harder and harder for Heero to sneak one in either. Duo was sure the woman was part blood hound. He just hoped that Heero would remember to bring him in the Crunchie bar he'd asked for today. With any luck the nurse wouldn't be around when Heero arrived and Duo would at least get to eat some of it before he was caught out. Carefully he lifted the glass and sipped at the juice. Good, his stomach didn't reject it... yet.

Continuing to take small sips of the juice, Duo reached for the knife and scraped the meager offering of butter over the golden surface. His eyes lit up as he spied the small sachet of strawberry jam. With a maniacal grin he tore the top from the package and spread the red substance over the toast. Lifting a piece, he eyed it satisfactorily and then opened his mouth. He took a large bite, eyes closing in bliss as the sweetness of the jam tantalized his taste buds. Chewing slowly he savored every morsel of the food, rolling it around in his mouth, enjoying each bite. He finished the one piece and quickly tackled the second, moments later it was also gone, all that remained were a few crumbs.

Picking up the cup of tea, Duo sipped at it, wishing it were coffee once again but having to agree that the tea first thing did help to settle his sometimes queasy stomach. At least now he knew why he was feeling sick from time to time. Things were a little easier to deal with once you knew the cause, not only the sickness but the tiredness and longing for the Crunchie bars. Not to mention the occasional bouts of emotion and the fact that he would soon have to take stock of his wardrobe. He knew that the skin tight jeans that were his usual apparel weren't going to fit him much longer and he'd need looser clothing to accommodate his swelling belly. He sighed again. There was so much to this whole 'parent' business.

"Enjoy your breakfast?" the nurse inquired as she came back out of the bathroom.

"Yes, thank you. I suppose asking for bacon and eggs is out of the question for tomorrow."

Nurse Brown gave him her *look*, the one she had perfected as the 'don't give me any of that shit,' look and shook her head. "No. Toast is the best thing for you, young man, at this stage. You start filling up on greasy bacon and eggs first thing in the morning and you will find that you will probably enjoy it the first time but not so much when it makes a return journey." Nurse Brown began to tidy up the breakfast tray in preparation for taking it back to the kitchen.

Duo sighed. He really couldn't wait to get out of here and back to his normal life. Well, what he considered to be a normal life considering he wasn't what was commonly termed 'normal'.

"Doctor Po will be in later today to remove the stitches and then if your temperature and blood pressure are still constant I'm sure she will allow you to leave either tomorrow or the day after."

Duo brightened with the prospect of leaving and returning to Heero. He'd forgotten that Sally had said he would more than likely be allowed home in a day or two. "Any idea when she will be around?"

"No. I know she's going out to that house today with your partner to make sure that all is ready for your arrival there, so she may drop by before she goes or she may wait until she returns."

"Heero will stop by and see me before he goes off to the house so I'd say Sally may call in with him."

Nurse Brown nodded and lifting up the tray, turned to leave, her last words trailing over her shoulder as she went. "I'll be back soon with your medication."

Duo picked up the magazine and once again began to read the article.

True to her word, Nurse Brown returned with Duo's medication. She dropped the small container to the 'tray' and fetched a glass of water. Duo eyed the pills suspiciously. He reached for the container and upended the contents into his hand, picking up a new addition in his fingers and staring at it.

"What's this?" he asked.

"Vitamin supplement."

"Oh."

"Doctor Po wants you to start taking vitamin supplements for the moment, with the morning sickness she wants to be certain that the baby is getting the necessary nutrients it needs to develop. You will also find the iron supplement has changed a little; it's the type that pregnant women take. Now that we know your condition the Doctor can prescribe the drugs you need more effectively."

"I hate drugs," stated Duo and he pouted.

"That might be so, but the Doctor isn't about to prescribe something that is going to hurt the baby; or you for that matter." Nurse Brown offered Duo the glass of water. "Be a good boy and take them, please." The request held a certain tone to it and Duo remembered his last encounter with the nurse and his refusal to take drugs. He swallowed his pride and the drugs, suppositories were *not* on his list of favorite things.

"Good." Nurse Brown took the glass and empty container. "I'll be back to check on you in a little while, if you need anything in the meantime, just press the buzzer." The nurse left and Duo picked up the magazine once more.

~ * ~

Heero took one last look around the apartment. He'd come home from the Preventer hospital last night after being kicked out by Sally so as Duo could get some rest, still full of restless energy. He'd made himself a sandwich and then set to work. With the move to Quatre's house in the immediate future he'd begun to pack up his and Duo's things, ready for the shift. Fortunately it was mainly their clothing and a few knick knack's they'd bought, the apartment being fully furnished by Preventer. The small amount of food that remained in the 'fridge and pantry could wait until the last minute. The task of sorting and packing had served its purpose and settled Heero's mind, along with tiring out his body enough that when he finally did crawl in-between the sheets he was able to drift off to sleep fairly quickly and not spend hours staring at the ceiling.

He hadn't slept properly since Duo had been injured. He hated sleeping alone.

The morning soon arrived and Heero awoke to the dawn chorus of the birds, rolling over in the empty bed he listened to the bird song, letting the notes calm him as he mentally prepared for the day ahead. Five minutes later he had showered and was standing in front of the bathroom mirror cursing the razor as he nicked himself once again. It was his own fault that the blade was blunt; he'd forgotten to buy more. Duo usually made out the shopping list and Heero just pushed the cart, not really thinking about the things they needed to buy. He was made painfully aware once again of just how much he had come to rely on Duo, how big a gap there was in his life without his partner by his side.

Hastily he finished shaving with only minimal damage and made himself a quick breakfast. Dumping the dishes into the sink he rinsed them through and left them to drain. Grabbing his wallet and the keys to the pick up, he locked the apartment and headed for Preventer HQ and his American lover.

~ * ~

Sally had just parked her car and was waiting for the elevator when Heero appeared beside her. "Morning, Heero," she greeted the Japanese man.

"Morning." Heero nodded as he spoke.

The elevator chimed its arrival and they stepped inside, Sally pushing the button for the 3rd floor. When the doors opened again they both stepped out and Sally spoke whilst they walked.

"I'll just go and drop off my things in my office and then I'll be through to see Duo. His stitches can come out today and providing his vitals are remaining stable he can be discharged as soon as the new residence is set up to accommodate him."

"Arigato. I've packed up just about everything at the apartment so all that is left to do is transport it to the new place. Once I've spoken with Duo and you have done what's necessary we can take a ride out there and see what remains to be done."

"Good. You go ahead, Heero. I'll be there shortly." Sally turned and went in the direction of her office, Heero continued on to the wards and the mother of his child, his step light.

Amethyst eyes glowed with pleasure as Heero walked into the room. "Hey, Heero." Duo's smile lit up the room.

Heero walked over to the bed and its occupant, a small smile playing over his own lips, his eyes soft with love. Arms reached out and enveloped the braided man into a strong yet gentle embrace as Heero's lips sought out Duo's and kissed the American soundly. When the kiss broke, Heero rested his forehead against Duo's, reluctant to leave. He nudged his nose against Duo's as breath mingled. "How are you feeling today?"

"Mmm... much better now, thanks," came the breathy reply.

"Good. Sally will be along shortly to remove your stitches and if your vitals remain stable then you can come home tomorrow providing the new place is set up ready."

"Home..." Duo let the word roll off his tongue with a sigh and a shiver passed through his body. "You have no idea how much I want to get out of here, Heero."

"Our hospitality not good enough for you, Duo," Sally's voice echoed in the room and Heero reluctantly broke the embrace with his lover.

"No, no. That's not what I meant," Duo replied, a flush spreading across his cheeks.

"That's okay, Duo. I know what you mean." Sally teased. "Now, I see from your chart that your temperature and blood pressure are stable, that's good. I want to draw some blood and check on your iron levels as well as a couple of other tests to make sure that everything is going along normally. I'll do another ultra sound to check on the internal healing as well as the baby's progress. Your stitches can come out today and providing everything else is how it should be then I will be happy to discharge you once the new place is ready to receive you."

Duo positively beamed. "So, how is the new place?"

"Sally and I are going to go there as soon as she's finished here with you. We will go over it and make sure that it's secure and see what equipment we will need to have installed to ensure your safety and monitor the growth and development of our child."

Duo liked the way Heero said 'our child' and couldn't stop the smile that nearly split his face in two. "Well, do you think you can hurry it up a little? The sooner you get through here with me, Sally, the sooner you can get going and organize the place and that means I can get out of here quicker."

"Reminds me of when I take my dog to the vet," Nurse Brown's voice permeated the air as she entered the room. "I have to carry him in and then he's chafing at the bit to get out!"

Sally laughed, Duo chuckled and even Heero had to grin. "It's not that I don't appreciate the company and all, but, well, you know..." Duo started.

Nurse Brown held up her hand. "Don't bother, I know exactly what you mean and believe me when I say we are only too happy to see the back of you when you do leave." She winked at Duo as she spoke.

"Awww... now don't be like that. I know you're gonna miss me." Duo pouted.

"Not much chance of that if I'm coming out there as well." Nurse Brown shot back.

Duo just stared at the nurse. This was a bit of information he hadn't known about. His gaze turned to Heero, his eyebrows raised.

"Umm... Sorry, Duo, I must have forgotten to tell you about that." Heero hung his head. Sally intervened.

"It was my suggestion, Duo. Nurse Brown is also a qualified midwife as well as a general nurse and with your condition being so rare, we felt it would be in your best interests to have a nurse at the residence at all times."

"And just when were you all planning on telling me this?" Duo didn't look too happy at all. The last thing Duo wanted was the nurse following him around 24/7. // Christ, I wont even be able to take a shit in peace if she's there all the time, // he thought miserably. // Not to mention the chance of enjoying a decent cup of coffee just went down the drain. // He faced the nurse. "No offense and all but I'm not a kid, I can take care of myself."

"No offense taken, Duo," the nurse replied.

Sally sighed. "Look, Heero and I will be going out shortly to check the house over, if I think you can cope all right for the first part of the pregnancy then we can come to an arrangement where Nurse Brown can spend some time with you each day and the length of the time can increase as you progress further into the pregnancy."

"It's for your own good, Duo. I don't want anything to happen to either you or the baby," Heero pleaded.

Feeling backed into a corner Duo threw his hands up in the air. "Okay, okay, I surrender, just stop with the guilt trip thing."

Heero smiled and kissed his love. "Thank you, Duo."

Duo just humphed. "Let's just say you have a lot of making up to do, Yuy."

"It will be my pleasure, Duo," Heero purred.

"Ohhh..." Duo moaned softly as shivers raced up and down his spine.

"Okay, that's enough of that for now. Plenty of time to kiss and make up later, right now I have wound sites to check and stitches to remove," Sally chuckled.

Heero and Duo broke apart and Heero moved out of the way so as Sally could get to work and remove the stitches. Moments later all was finished and Sally dropped the fine scissors into the bowl and peeled off the latex gloves, tossing them also into the bowl.

"All done. The wounds have healed nicely; just don't go exerting any pressure on your abdomen though for a while. I'll scan later and check the internal healing but for now everything seems fine." Sally turned to Heero. "We need to get going, I have other patients to see and work scheduled for this afternoon so we should get over to this house now and sort out what needs to be done."

Heero nodded. "I'll be right there." He watched as Sally and the nurse left and then turned to Duo, kissing him softly. "I won't be too long. We need to make sure that everything is secure and we have the equipment we need before we move you over there."

Duo nuzzled against Heero's neck, his arms wrapped around the Japanese man's torso. "Don't be too long."

"I'll try not to be but here..." Heero reached into his pocket and pulled out a golden wrapped chocolate bar. "... that should keep you happy whilst I'm gone."

"Ohh, Heero. Do you know how much I love you? You're a life saver!" Duo's eyes lit up greedily as Heero passed him the Crunchie bar.

Heero chuckled and pressed another kiss to his lover's lips before leaving the American happily munching away and joining Sally for the ride out to Quatre's house.

~ * ~

The mansion, for there was no other word to describe it, was one of the many ones that the boys had used as a safe house during the war. It still stood in all its majestic glory, large wrought iron gates marking the entrance to the estate and an intercom system, which had to be addressed before entry was permitted. Sally gave a low whistle as the gates swung open and Heero eased the Preventer vehicle through and along the winding driveway to the front of the house. He pulled up by the front door, the gravel crunching under the tires as the car glided to a stop. Turning the motor off and pocketing the keys the pair exited the car and made their way to the front door which was immediately opened for them.

"Master Heero, Miss Po." The hulking figure of Rashid filled the doorway.

"Rashid," Heero acknowledged and extended his hand to have it engulfed in the huge one of the leader of the Manguanac core.

Sally also shook the offered hand. "Good to see you again, Rashid."

"Master Quatre asked me to be here personally to assist you with any questions and be of complete service to you. He has relocated all the staff into other Winner residences so the house is empty except for myself at the moment. There will be half a dozen of the Manguanacs arriving in three days time to take over the general maintenance of the house and grounds; they will await the job allocations you give them, Master Heero. I will be leaving once everything is to your satisfaction." Rashid moved to the side after his little speech so that Sally and Heero could enter the premises.

"Please give Quatre my grateful thanks when you see him, Rashid. I will also thank him myself once I get the chance to talk to him."

"You will be able to thank him personally at the weekend, Master Heero. I believe both he and Master Trowa are planning on coming to visit you. He will, however, confirm his visit with you prior to coming."

"The weekend?" Heero repeated. // Shit! That only gave them two days to get the equipment moved in and organized, not to mention settling Duo in. // Heero groaned inwardly. Secretly he'd hoped that Quatre would have at least given them a week before showing up, but then again this was Quatre they were talking about and Quatre knew there was something going on so why did it not surprise him that the blonde would break all records to get there and find out exactly what was up?

Sally interrupted his thoughts. "Heero, I think we should start by seeing which room you and Duo intend to use as your bedroom."

Heero nodded. Rashid heard the request and stepped in. "The bedrooms are all on the upper floor, most have en suite bathrooms but feel free to choose whichever you wish."

"Thank you, Rashid." Heero turned to address the man. "I know Quatre has a security system installed, could you please make sure it's ready for me to inspect once Sally and I have covered the upper floor?"

"Certainly." Rashid gave a small bow of respect, understanding that Heero didn't particularly want him around while they inspected the bedrooms. "I will be down here in the security surveillance room. Call me when you require my presence."

"Thanks," Sally replied. "Come on, Heero, let's get cracking, I have other things to attend to."

Heero and Sally spent the next half hour wandering the upper floor. All the rooms were beautifully furnished and as Rashid had stated, most with en suite bathrooms. "I think the second room on the left would be the best," stated Sally as they finished their *tour*

"Why the second?" Heero inquired.

"The room is large and has that small study as well as the bathroom joining it. The study would be ideal to set the equipment up in, close but not intrusive. I can have it set out like my examination room at the Preventer medical section, that way everything we need can be stored in there and is easily accessible. Plus the bathroom has a nice, deep tub." Sally winked.

Heero's blue eyes opened in shock. "The study being turned into an examination room I can agree with but a big tub?"

"Yes. Trust me, Heero. As Duo progresses along he's going to want to soak in a large tub and the others, while large, won't fit the three of you in there."

"Three..." Heero shook his head as he realized what the doctor was saying. "Sally, did anyone ever tell you that you have a weird sense of humor?"

"Sally thought for a moment then grinned. "Nope, but I'm pleased you like it."

Heero rolled his eyes. "Can we get back to what equipment we are going to need so I can review the security system and see what needs to be upgraded?"

Sally continued to grin. "Sure, Heero. Now let's see. To start with we are going to need to bring in a hospital gurney, and we will also need a fully stocked first aid kit... oh, and then there is...."

Heero switched off, opting to let the doctor plan out what they would need; he'd worry about the expense later. His mind drifted while Sally's voice droned in the background.

Heero wandered towards the bathroom and leant against the door jamb; peering inside he pictured Duo in the tub...

Naked...

and...

pregnant.

~ * ~

tbc...