Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Chimaera ❯ Chapter 39 ( Chapter 39 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G boys, I just borrow them from time to time and return them a whole lot happier.

Rating: NC 17

Warnings: Yaoi, Lemon, sap, angst, Male Pregnancy, medical themes

Pairings: 1x2x1

Archive: http://gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com

http://sweetlysour.net.

http://adultfanfiction.net

http://www.theforsakenwk.com

Summary: Set partially during the series but main bulk after the war. EW didn't take place. The Eve wars are finished and the peace retained. The pilots have all gone their own ways, Heero and Duo have made a life together both working for Preventer when Duo's world is turned upside down as his unknown past comes back to haunt him.

Dedication: To Velena who gave me the plot bunny for this little gem.

Special thanks to my wonderful beta's DBZVelena, Ryouga and Yami_Tai, I'd be lost without you guys!

Status: In progress.

~ Indicates flashbacks ~

/ thoughts /

"Chimaera"

October 2003 ShenLong

Chapter 39

Nurse Brown carefully pulled the Chinese man from the floor and assisted by Heero; laid him on the other bed in the room. She whipped the pillows out from underneath his head and placed them under his feet, elevating them. Whilst she was arranging the *patient* she muttered to herself under her breath about men and their inability to stay conscious during a crisis. "How on Earth and the Colonies you agents manage to function when on a case is beyond me," she mumbled. "I thought you had to have nerves of steel to carry out the jobs you do and yet the simple news of a pregnancy and they all go to jelly, passing out left, right and center."

Heero wisely kept his mouth shut.

Duo observed the proceedings from his bed, amusement playing over his face. He suddenly felt a little better about Wufei knowing. With Wufei fainting at least Duo would have a little ammunition with which to fight back if the Chinese man decided to tease him.

Seeing that Chang was being taken care of, Sally felt there was no need for her to intervene. Nurse Brown and Heero were more than capable of coping with the downed agent; she had more pressing matters to deal with, such as finishing off her explanation to Une. She turned back and completed her speech. "Is there anything you're not sure of? Anything you would like me to clarify in regards to Duo's condition, Une?"

Shaking her head the Commander gazed momentarily at Duo. "I take it that you have decided to keep this child?"

"Yes, yes, we have," Duo replied, still twisting the bed sheets nervously in his hands.

Une folded her arms across her chest and fixed her eye upon the injured agent. "Okay. I realize there is a lot more to this as yet and Sally can fill me in fully shortly. For now though I want to know what it is you intend to do, not just keeping the baby but as far as your job here is concerned and the many other questions that are obvious." Une turned to lock eyes with Heero who had returned to his lover's side. "Keep it brief, gentlemen. The in-depth explanations can come later, for now all I need is the rough outline."

Duo gave Heero a nudge, happy for his partner to do the explaining, he didn't feel emotionally strong enough at the moment and didn't want to start a repeat episode of the earlier bout of crying. Heero understood and sat on the edge of Duo's bed facing Une. He turned his head and made eye contact before opening his mouth to speak.

"As you already know we have decided to proceed with the pregnancy despite the many risks involved. Sally has explained them all in detail to us but we still intend to proceed. I wish to remain on active duty with Preventers and Duo also wishes to continue, however, for obvious reasons he won't be able to be a field agent and as the pregnancy progresses he won't be able to remain behind the desk either. As Sally stated before, between the four of us we should be able to come up with a plan to explain Duo's absence without causing suspicion and still enable him to remain in Preventer employ. With Duo's condition being so rare we do not want word of this to get out. If it should then heaven knows what will happen to Duo and I for one will not allow that to occur." Heero's voice became cold as he stated he would protect his lover, come what may. "There is no way I will let him become a lab rat, to be prodded and poked, scrutinized and dissected; not while I have breath in my body."

"Preventer certainly does not wish to lose two field agents with the skills that you two possess so keeping you both in our employee is no problem. A cover story can most certainly be thought up; I have a few ideas which we can discuss later. As for word leaking out, I can assure you that no one here will speak of this to anyone outside the immediate circle of those who already know. If they break the confidence then they will find themselves facing more than just disciplinary action. I have one important question though. Where do you both propose to live while Agent Night's pregnancy proceeds?"

"Quatre Winner has a place we can use. It's on the outskirts of the town, has a pretty good security system, is well secluded and there is also the advantage of the Manguanacs."

"Heero and I are taking a run out there tomorrow to see what equipment we will need to install as well as upgrade the security system and see if there is anything else we need to do to the place to ensure Duo's safety," Sally stated quietly.

"I see," Une replied. She turned to face the Doctor. "It seems that you have managed to cover pretty much everything, that's good."

"The house is also close enough to HQ that when it comes time for Duo to deliver the child we can get him here to the hospital within fifteen or twenty minutes." Sally said.

Une ran a hand across her eyes. "Please, spare me the intricacies, I really do not wish to know the finer details here." She paused as Nurse Brown entered the room having left earlier to hunt down some smelling salts for the unconscious Wufei.

Uncapping the bottle she waved it under the Chinese's nose, the foul, bitter odor permeating Chang's olfactory system and bringing him violently back to the present.

The smell unfortunately also hit Duo's nose and the American grabbed the kidney dish just in time, his stomach heaved, muscles convulsed and the contents returned. Heero grabbed his lover's braid and held it out the way, rubbing Duo's back, unable to do much else while Duo continued to fill the kidney dish. Once he'd finished, Heero passed him a tissue and then a glass of water to rinse out his mouth.

"Thanks, Heero." Duo sighed and closed his eyes.

"Here, let me take that," the soft voice of Nurse Brown said.

Duo opened his eyes again and smiled gratefully at the nurse before turning back to Heero. "I never had any carrots."

"Nani?"

"I didn't eat any carrots. How come whenever you're sick it always has carrots in it, regardless of whether you've eaten any or not?"

Heero rolled his eyes. "Baka!"

"I really do not need to hear that, Agent Night, thank you very much." Une growled.

"Me either," Wufei moaned from the bed where he was now sitting up, looking a little pale. "What happened?"

"You fainted, Wu-man." A glare that would rival one of Heero's was shot his way but Duo ignored it. He'd become impervious to glares a long time ago. "It's true, Wu. You passed out, went to la la land, blacked out, bit the dirt, left the conscious plane..."

"I get the picture, Maxwell."

Duo couldn't help the grin.

Wufei turned his attention back to the Doctor and Commander. "Is it true? Maxwell is pregnant?"

"Yes, Wufei. It is true. Duo is pregnant." Sally confirmed.

For a moment there everyone thought that Wufei was going to pass out again but the Oriental managed to stay in the here and now. He turned his head slowly to look at Duo, his mouth opened again. "Rather you than me, Maxwell."

The room went silent again, Duo's mouth opening and closing like a stranded fish. Nurse Brown returned from emptying the kidney dish and hearing the silence, put her hands on her hips. "Don't tell me someone else fainted!"

~ * ~

Wufei, Une, Heero and Duo had sat and discussed the current *problem* of Duo's work with Preventer. Finally they had come up with a plausible plan. Heero would work with Wufei while Duo was recovering from his injuries. Once deemed fit enough to return to active duty he would be given a 'case' that would require him to go deep undercover. That would explain his absence from the office. In reality, Duo would in effect be doing paperwork, but not the ordinary paperwork. He would be involved in the researching, planning and information for the cases that Heero and Wufei would work on, still remaining as an integral part of the team. Heero was happy with the arrangement, his lover would be kept safe from prying eyes whilst still being involved.

Duo wasn't too sure to start with but soon saw the logic of the plan. He didn't mind paperwork when it meant he was involved in the planning and organizing of the cases his lover would be involved in. He'd often spent time with Quatre during the war, working out strategies and the like so it wasn't anything new to him. In fact he had a rather clever and quick mind and this would be right up his alley and keep him occupied while the baby grew and developed.

With the basic plan outlined, Une and Wufei left the pair to their own devices and returned to the usual affairs of Preventer business, Une requesting that both Sally and the agents keep her informed of everything. She agreed for G to be provided with accommodation at Preventer expense, citing him as assisting Sally in a medical investigation. Technically it was true and so Une would be covered, unless her superiors started asking for further details.

~ * ~

G looked up from the screen as Sally re-entered the office, rubbing wearily at her temples. "How did the boss take it?"

Sighing she collapsed into her seat, G fetching her a glass of water which she took gratefully, downing it in one gulp. "All things considered once she got over the initial shock she seemed okay with it." Sally chuckled.

G gave her an odd look. "What's so funny?"

"Wufei."

"05?"

"He fainted."

It was G's turn to smirk. "I always said that O was too lenient on that boy. Called himself a warrior... I'd say he's more of an onna than Duo."

"Duo fainted too," Sally pointed out, not trying to hide the grin on her face.

"Well, that was to be expected considering his condition," G huffed.

"And Heero?"

"Shit happens."

Sally burst into laughter, holding her sides until her mirth settled and she was able to speak again. "I'll pay that one, G," she smiled. "Now, how's the research coming along?"

G returned to the computer. "There isn't a lot to work with as you already know. From the ultra sound pictures we have as well as what I recall of Duo's anatomy from when he was training, the uterus isn't as fully formed as in a female. There is one ovary and fallopian tube as you can see here..." G pointed to the computer screen, indicating the various areas he was talking about. "The uterus is connected to the large bowel by this small tube here. Given the position of where the tube connects to the bowel it's only a couple of centimeters above the rectum. The chances of Duo being fertile in the female sector as you know are minuscule. The fact that both the ovary as well as his testes are working is in short a miracle in itself. The odds of him becoming pregnant... well, you know that yourself. Given where the tube connects in relation to him becoming pregnant, we need to look at the other factors such as the strength of Heero's thrusts, angle of such, force of ejaculation and length of Heero's, umm... penis, all these would influence the possibility of the sperm being able to get inside this tube and along to the released egg."

"Given the length of rectum to anus and the position of the tube where it joins the large bowel, I'd say Heero's pretty well endowed," Sally quipped, a grin plastered to her face.

G gave her an incredulous look. "Will you please try to be serious here?"

"Sorry. But you have to admit..."

"I have no intention of discussing the size of Heero Yuy's penis, thank you. There are much more urgent matters to be discussed."

Sally managed to temper her sense of humor. G was right, there were much more pressing issues to be discussed. "I have a question for you, G. With Duo's anatomy the way it is, shouldn't he have suffered from pelvic inflammation at times?"

"Yes, you would have expected him too but remember this, when he was training to be a Gundam Pilot he was put through some pretty rigorous sessions. Some of his training involved building up a resistance to drugs and disease. I'd say if he did get an inflammation it would have been mild enough that he wouldn't have noticed it and his body would fight it off relatively quickly. His immune system is slightly enhanced because of all the training and wouldn't have had much of a problem dealing with bacteria of this type. All the pilots were also on regular vitamin and supplementary drugs, the details of which I will not divulge, so they would also play a part in keeping him healthy. We couldn't afford to have a pilot down and out for long. It wasn't something we wanted to do but..."

"I understand. There were a lot of things that went on during the war that we didn't agree with but that's all behind us now. We need to keep looking to the future and in this case, helping Duo as much as we can."

"I agree. I need to somehow make it up to Duo for all the shit he has gone through, all the crap he's had to deal with and if it's ensuring he carries and delivers a healthy child, then so be it."

Sally decided to say nothing, knowing what G meant and that he accepted his mistakes and wanted to make amends was enough for her. Besides, she was really going to need the help! "Okay, let's take a look at where the womb is situated in relation to the rest of the body organs so we can try to predict where they are going to move to as this little miracle grows and demands more space."

Both doctors returned their attention to the screen and lost themselves once more in their work.

~ * ~

Howard strode along the corridor of the Preventer building after exiting the elevator on the third floor. He quickly informed the nurse at the reception desk who he was and whom he wished to see. The nurse confirmed his identity with Sally and gave him directions to Sally's office.

"Howard," G stated as the man entered the room.

"How's it going, folks? What's the latest?"

Both G and Sally gave Howard the latest run down on the events, Howard sat calmly taking it all in. "I gather then that you're going to be staying here a while, G?"

"Yes, Howard. I have given my word to Dr. Po that I will assist her, and it's the least I can do for Duo."

"Okay, Doc." Howard stretched, the light from the overhead globe flashing off his sunglasses. "I wish I could stay as well but unfortunately I have a business to run and it doesn't do it by itself. I have several contracts to fulfill as well as new ones just come in, so I'm afraid I will have to get going."

"When are you leaving?" Sally asked.

"I have clearance and a window tonight. I'll be going then."

"Okay, Howard. Thanks for bringing me here." G replied.

"No problem, G. Glad to be of assistance. I'll go say good bye to the kid and then head back to the shuttle port. I'll be back through this way in the next few weeks so each time I'm in the area; I'll stop in and see how Duo's doing. In the meantime, keep me informed of his progress, please." Howard shook hands with both Sally and G before taking his leave and stopping off to see Duo on his way out.

Duo was sitting up in bed, Heero stretched out beside him. Howard smiled, they made a good couple. He could see the devotion in Heero's body language and knew that Duo would be well looked after. It eased his mind a little.

"Hey, Howie," Duo called out as his long time friend stepped inside the room. Heero grunted and shifted his position a little.

"I just came to say good bye, Duo. I gotta head back into space, contracts and deadlines, you know the drill."

Sure, Howie. You're going to keep in touch though? Visit again when you can?"

"Of course I will, Duo. I'm usually passing back this way every couple of months so I'll make sure to stop in and pay you a visit. I'll also keep in touch via e-mail." Howard strode over to the bed and shook Duo's hand, then carefully clapped a hand to his shoulder. "You take care, kid." Howard turned to Heero and shook the Japanese's offered hand. "Look after him, Heero. He's the son I never had."

Heero bowed. "You have nothing to fear, Howard. I would give my life for him."

"I know, Heero. I can tell. Take care of each other and my grandchild." Howard grinned at the expression on Duo's face. Heero snickered.

"Fly carefully, Grandpa!" Duo quipped, his own smile mirroring Howard's.

Howard gave him a mock scowl. "See you both soon," and with that he turned and left the room, heading back to the shuttle port.

Duo sighed, his emotions swelling inside again and he bit back the tears. Heero's arms entwined themselves around his waist and Duo relaxed into the embrace. "I'm going to miss him."

"I know you are, Duo, but he will keep in touch and drop by when he can."

Duo snuggled closer. "Have I told you lately how much I love you, Heero Yuy?"

"Every day, Duo. Every day. And I love you too, little mother."

Duo snorted.

~ * ~

tbc......

Footnote: I'd like to say thanks to the Melbourne Museum's Human body section for the wonderful display they have, especially the inner organs and body systems. This is where my research was done in regards to Duo's fictional female organs and exactly where they would fit in his body for this *pregnancy* to work as close to the real thing as possible. Several people looked at me funnily as I stood taking notes while scrutinizing the digestive system in all its displayed glory! I'm sure they thought I wasn't all there, especially when I started muttering to myself about length of rectum! As a side note, I thought the models were of excellent quality, it wasn't until I finished the research I discovered that in fact they weren't models at all, but the real thing; preserved and donated by the Melbourne University's Medical section. To say lunch after that was interesting, would be an understatement!