Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Chimaera ❯ Chapter 45 ( Chapter 45 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G'boys, I just borrow them from time to time to play with and return them a whole lot happier, ne?

Rating: NC 17

Warnings: Yaoi, Lemon, sap, angst, Male Pregnancy, medical themes

Pairings: 1x2x1

Archive: http://gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com

http://sweetlysour.net.

http://adultfanfiction.net

http://www.theforsakenwk.com

Many thanks to DBZVelena, Ryouga and Yami_Tai for the beta. Also thanks to Yami_Tai for the title of this fic.

Notes: Set partially during the series but main bulk after the war. EW didn't take place. The Eve wars are finished and the peace retained. The pilots have all gone their own ways, Heero and Duo have made a life together both working for Preventer when Duo's world is turned upside down as his unknown past comes back to haunt him.

Dedication: To Velena who gave me the plot bunny for this little gem.

Status: In progress.

~ Indicates flashbacks ~

/ thoughts /

"Chimaera"

October. 2003 ShenLong

Chapter 45

They were on to their third pot of tea and Quatre had finally worn himself out, his little rants having exhausted him. To say Duo was glad would be an understatement. He knew the blonde meant well enough but he couldn't help thinking back to the war days when the other pilots were always telling him he talked too much. Seemed like Quatre was equally as capable of chattering non stop to the point where Duo was beginning to think that the blonde could easily beat him when it came to talking the hind leg off a donkey.

Trowa had done his best to keep his partner from going too far overboard but unfortunately he wasn't having much of an influence. Quatre was simply too excited and overjoyed for his two friends and he showed it in the only way he knew how, by expressing himself vocally.

Heero thought his teeth were going to become a permanent fixture of his bottom lip the way he was continuously biting at it to keep his annoyance in check. He also realized that the petite ex pilot only meant well but it was still hard not to interpret that as interference. He tried to focus on Duo and reflexively pulled his partner closer to him, his arm tightening its embrace. He felt Duo's hand on his knee squeeze a little in reciprocation. Finally the conversation left the line of Duo and the pregnancy and Heero glanced at the clock. "Would you care to stay for lunch?" he asked the pair.

Trowa looked at Quatre and raised an eyebrow, the blonde turned to look at Heero. "If it isn't too much trouble that would be lovely, Heero."

"It's no trouble but I warn you, don't expect anything fancy."

Duo gave him a friendly dig in the ribs. "He's actually a very good cook. At least I'm still alive so far." Duo grinned.

Trowa snorted and shook his head. "Would you like a hand, Heero?"

Heero stood up. "If you would like to, then yes, I could do with some help." Heero turned to Duo and bending low, placed a tender kiss to his partner's lips. "Why don't you and Quatre go sit outside, the sun will do you the world of good."

Duo nodded. "Yeah, that's a good idea, Heero. I've missed the warmth of the sun." Duo turned to Quatre. "Coming outside, Quat?"

Quatre stood. "As long as Heero doesn't need anymore help."

"Trowa and I will manage just fine, thank you. I'd appreciate it if you would keep an eye on Duo while you're outside; he's not to overdo things."

Duo put his hands on his hips and pouted. "I'm not an invalid. The last I heard pregnancy wasn't a disease."

"No, you're not an invalid and pregnancy isn't a disease but you are still recovering from bullet wounds and don't need to put any more stress on your body than it already has," Quatre answered for Heero.

Duo threw his hands up in the air. "Shit! I give up! What with Heero treating me with kid gloves and now you smothering me as well, Quatre, I might as well be wrapped in cotton wool, never to see the light of day again!" Duo spun and stormed out of the lounge room leaving three people behind him with open mouths.

"Sally also said he would suffer from mood swings during the pregnancy, something about fluctuating hormones," Heero said quietly.

"Fuck the hormones, Yuy. This is nothing to do with them!" Duo's voice rang out from the hall way.

"Aaa, I'd forgotten how good his hearing was."

"I'll go talk to him while you and Trowa make lunch," Quatre said and disappeared in the direction the braided man had taken.

Heero sighed and turned to Trowa. "It's going to be a long nine months."

~ * ~

They sat out on the patio as the weather was nice and ate their lunch. Trowa had made a tossed salad to go with the array of cold meats and cheeses that Heero had dug out from the refrigerator, now all that remained were a few bits of wilting lettuce and a couple of slices of ham whose ends were beginning to curl a little. Duo sat back and rubbed his stomach happily. "That was delicious, Heero, and a nice salad too, Trowa. Thanks."

"You're welcome, Duo." Trowa responded and placed his cutlery neatly on his plate.

Quatre wiped his mouth with a napkin and took a drink of the orange juice. "Very nice, thanks, guys."

Heero stood up to collect the plates and both Quatre and Trowa helped him to clear the table. The dish washer was stacked and they all sat outside once again. Before anyone had the chance to start on him again, Duo thought he would get in first. He fixed Trowa with his amethyst eyes and cleared his throat.

"So, you guys got any news to tell us?" He raised an eyebrow as he asked his question.

Trowa returned the gaze, momentarily lost at as to what Duo was asking, then he blushed. Quatre turned to his partner and gave him a quizzical look.

"You mentioned something earlier on about a divorce, Trowa."

Trowa went an even darker shade of red, Heero leaned forwards expectantly and Quatre tried to look anywhere but at his friends.

"Come on, spill," Duo cajoled.

Quatre sighed. "I suppose you will find out sooner or later, better now, I guess." He turned to face his two friends. "Trowa and I decided a little while ago to make our relationship more... permanent."

"Congratulations," Heero's voice interjected.

"Thank you. We haven't made it common knowledge as you both are well aware, gay couples are only just starting to be accepted and gay marriages relatively still in the early stages. There are still a lot of people out there who condemn us for our love and while we are not ashamed of who or what we are, I don't see the reason to flaunt it and attract unnecessary attention either."

"I get where you're coming from, Quatre, and I can understand your reasons," sighed Duo. "It's ridiculous how society is still so damn prejudiced against same sex couples."

"It shouldn't be this way I know, but with Quatre being such a high profile person we thought it better not to go public with our marriage, the negative effects could be rather..… damaging." Trowa stated quietly.

The four remained quiet for a moment, each thinking about the current society and its struggle to accept anything it feared or didn't understand. Most people were fine with the new laws that had been passed in relation to the gay population, allowing their relationships to flourish and giving them the same rights to marriage, children and other things that were commonly accepted as everyday opportunities to hetro couples. But there were still that minority, the few who could make life hell for those gay people who wanted nothing more than to be left alone and live their lives in peace. If they were to get wind of Quatre's sexuality then being the figure head that he was, not to mention his business being one of the largest in operation, it could have seriously damaging effects.

Quatre and Trowa didn't care about what was said about them personally or any vindictiveness towards them; but they didn't want anything to upset the work that WEI was involved in, especially the charity side of things.

"Sounds like you guys are in a similar position to us," Duo said softly as he rubbed his palm across his belly. "Imagine the field day the press would have with me if they found out I'm expecting."

Quatre lay his hand over Duo's. "They will not find out, Duo. I swear to you that the Maguanacs will take care of this place, you and Heero with the same dedication that they show to me. You can rest assured they will protect you both from anything that is within their power to do so." Quatre turned to Heero. "Rashid mentioned you have upgraded the security system, Heero."

Heero nodded. "Hai. I have made several improvements to the current one."

"Good. I will also make sure that there is a twenty four hour patrol of the grounds complete with guard dogs to back the system up. If you wish to upgrade it further then please do so. You can purchase any equipment you need for it from my suppliers and charge it directly to my account." Seeing Heero about to protest, Quatre quickly continued. "Let me do this, Heero. If not for you then for Duo and the baby. I want him to be kept safe just as you do and if I can do so by providing a place for you both to stay and the equipment necessary to keep it safe then please, let me."

Duo felt the well of tears again, a deep ache in his chest. "Fucking hormones," he muttered as he wiped away the tears that wouldn't stop spilling from his eyes.

It was enough to break the solemn moment. Their talk changed course and they discussed their various careers and what was taking place at the moment. They talked until well into the evening, moving inside when the chill came into the air. Heero cooked dinner while Duo proudly showed off the ultra sound pictures that Sally had taken and given them. Trowa was just as mystified as Duo and Heero had been with the mass of light and dark shading, scratching his head and trying to figure out just how the hell you could get a baby shape out of all that mess.

Quatre could see it a little clearer; having a couple of sisters working in the medical profession had helped a little bit, but not much. After dinner Duo got another cup of coffee, much to his delight and they all sat in the lounge room watching an old movie. The evening drew to a close and Duo began to nod off. Reluctantly they called a halt to the night.

"The third bedroom is prepared if that's all right with you,' Heero said as they headed upstairs, Duo leading the way with Trowa and Quatre a few steps behind.

"That will be fine, Heero. We will take our leave tomorrow, around mid morning. I am expected back at the office on Monday morning so if we leave around eleven, we should get home early afternoon." Quatre stopped at the door to the room.

"No problem. I'll just go and check everywhere is locked up and put on the alarms. Good night, Quatre, Trowa." Heero turned and headed back down the stairs to make his final check.

Duo gave both men a quick hug. "I'll see you guys in the morning."

"Night, Duo." Trowa returned the gentle hug.

"Good night, Duo. I apologize if my enthusiasm has upset you in any way."

"Forget it, Quatre. I'm getting used to it, I think." Duo gave the blonde a smile. "See you in the morning."

Quatre and Trowa entered the bedroom and softly closed the door. Duo went back to his and Heero's room and fetched himself a clean pair of boxers from the chest of drawers before stepping into the large bathroom. He eyed the tub longingly but knew he was too tired for a soak tonight. He felt exhausted, not so much physically but emotionally. He didn't realize just how much Quatre could take out of him. His wounds ached a little but nothing to be concerned about. He dropped his boxers onto the vanity unit surrounding the sink and turned on the taps in the shower. While the water warmed up, he began to strip his clothing from his body and toss them into the laundry hamper.

Now completely naked he took a moment to study himself in the full length mirror, before it got fogged up with the steam. He could see the small wound on his back where the bullet had entered his body. Good, it looked clean and fresh, no swelling or redness. He turned to gaze at the front of his body, the other small wound also looking a healthy pink color. His eyes drifted to his belly and automatically his hand rubbed over it. If he looked closely enough he could see a very slight increase in the lower section. Not much, and no one else would notice it, but Duo knew it was there. With a soft smile and another gentle caress he murmured sweet nothings to the child within. His heart was warmed and he knew he'd made the right decision to proceed with this pregnancy. With a hand still over his abdomen he turned and stepped into the shower.

Heero finished checking that the house was secure and the system running smoothly before closing the door to the security room and heading up the stairs to his and Duo's room. He closed the door behind him and heard the sounds of the shower running. With a warm smile on his lips he entered the bathroom and stripped off his clothes. He pulled the curtain to one side to be greeted with a lovely sight. Duo was covered in slippery soap bubbles, his skin simply glowing. He radiated an inner peace and when violet eyes met his own he could see the love residing inside. "May I join you?"

Duo reached out a hand and pulled Heero into the stall. It was more than big enough for the two of them. "I was beginning to think you would never get here, Heero." His lips found the Japanese's and he kissed his lover soundly. "God how I've missed you, missed this," he said softly as he ran fingertips over Heero's cheek.

"I've missed you too, Duo," groaned Heero and then stole another kiss. He could feel his excitement building and tried to quell it. It wasn't easy, not when he had this nymph in his arms. He pulled away, reached for the soap and began to lather himself up, doing his best to try and ignore the feelings welling up inside him. Duo didn't help matters much, especially when he took the soap from Heero and began to wash the Japanese man's groin for him.

"Nnn... Duo," he panted as his rapidly swelling flesh demanded more. "This isn't a good idea."

"Why not, Heero?" Duo purred from behind his lover. He pressed his own erection against Heero's slippery backside.

"Because... Ahhh... Because you're still injured, not to mention pregnant."

"Oh, for fuck's sake!" Duo quickly released Heero's cock and exited the shower. He didn't trust his voice at the moment, not to mention the pain in his chest at Heero's rebuttal. He snagged a towel and began to dry off.

"Duo? Duo, please don't be angry at me." Heero's voice wavered a little over the noise of the water. "I'm only thinking..." The shutting of the bathroom door cut Heero's words off and he sadly realized that his partner had left the bathroom. He slumped against the tiles. / What the fuck was he going to do now? / Quickly he rinsed the soap from his body and turned the water off. Stepping out he grabbed a towel and began to dry off in a hurry. He had to talk to Duo, try to explain to him why he was hesitant about sex at the moment. Pulling his briefs up over his legs, he hung the towel up and exited the bathroom. Stepping into the bedroom he could see the lump that was Duo under the covers of their bed. Tentatively he lifted the blankets and slipped into the bed. Duo's back was facing him, the American curled up in a fetal position and Heero wasn't sure if he was crying or not. He reached out carefully and placed a hand upon his lover's shoulder. "Duo?"

Duo drew himself into a tighter ball. Heero's rejection had hurt him and he wasn't feeling very charitable at the moment. The tears slid down his cheeks in fat drops. Unable to stop them, Duo simply let them fall.

"Duo? Please, turn around and talk to me."

"What for?" Duo muttered. "You've made it perfectly clear you don't want anything to do with me on an intimate level."

"Oh, Duo." Heero felt his heart breaking. He had to fix this and fix it now. "I'm sorry. Please, I'm not rejecting you. I'm only trying to think of you. I don't want to hurt you. You've not long had surgery and those wounds are still healing. I don't want you to reopen them just for the sake of sex." Heero paused unsure of how to voice his next concerns without it sounding like he didn't desire Duo sexually any more.

Duo shifted slightly and wiped his face. "I'm not going to break, Yuy. I've suffered through worse during the war but still managed to get up and go on missions."

"I know that, Duo. But this is peace time and there is no need for you to push yourself like that."

"Then you think I'm ugly because I'm pregnant and going to get fat and awkward, waddle around like an overstuffed penguin or something," Duo sniffled.

"No, no, Duo." Heero wrapped his arms around Duo's shoulders and feathered kisses along the nape of his neck. "I don't think you're fat or ugly. In fact I think you're beautiful. You radiate an inner glow, you're shining with love and I would never think you were fat." Heero let one hand drop to caress Duo's belly. "You have never been more radiant, more lovely than you are right now, carrying our child. I love you, Duo Maxwell, with all my heart and soul. It's just that... well... , I,… I'm scared."

Now that hit Duo and he frowned. / Heero scared? / Cautiously he rolled over and found himself facing wide blue eyes, eyes that were full of swirling emotions and he began to understand some of the fears that Heero was facing. He reached out and caressed Heero's cheek. "I'm sorry, Heero. I guess I could blame these hormones but... "

"Shhh, Duo. I'm scared to make love to you in case I harm the baby. I don't want to do anything that will put either you or our child in any danger." Heero's voice was a little choked as he spoke and he quickly buried his face in the crook of Duo's shoulder to hide the tears that threatened to fall.

Duo hugged his lover closer to him, knowing now that Heero wasn't disgusted by him and he admonished himself for ever having thought so. How could he have doubted Heero's love for him? He sniffed again, the tears wanting to fall once more but he managed to choke them back. "I understand, Heero, and I'm sorry for getting mad at you. I love you too with all my heart and soul. I can't help feeling frustrated though but we don't have to make love, well, not until Sally gives me the all clear at least," he quickly added. "I know I'm pretty well frustrated, let's face it, we're both in our late teens and coming into the height of our sexual prowess. We should be screwing like rabbits, not going all celibate. We can relieve the tension in other ways, ways that are just as satisfying without penetration or any undue stress on myself or the baby."

Heero had to give a light chuckle at Duo's words. He raised his face from his hiding spot and looked his lover in the eye. "Horny little bastard, aren't you?" he snickered. "Gonna blame that on the fluctuating hormones as well?"

Duo snorted and poked his lover. "Any more of that, Yuy, and I will leave you high and dry. You'll be lucky if you ever get to see this ass again, let alone fuck it."

Heero groaned, his erection returning and throbbing between his legs. He gently thrust his need against Duo's thigh.

"You call me horny! What's that then I can feel pushing against my thigh?" Duo teased and pushed his own hardened length against Heero's belly.

Duo slipped his hand between their warm bodies and curled his fingers around Heero's shaft. He rubbed his thumb over the weeping head and spread the sticky substance over the tip, drawing soft moans from his lover. "You like that, Heero?"

Heero could only whimper his need and thrust his hips at Duo. His eyes drifted shut as he let his own hand squirm between their bodies to find Duo's aching cock. He quickly wrapped his hand around it and began to stroke; drawing soft mewls of pleasure from his partner.

"Oh, fuck. I'm not gonna last long, Heero. Been too long since I came." Duo's hips began to thrust his need into the warm tunnel of Heero's hand while his own hand grasped Heero's length and began to pump.

They lay together, hips moving, hands tightening grips and tugging faster, each determined to bring the other to their peak first. Duo couldn't control his orgasm any longer and willingly surrendered to it, his seed pulsing out over Heero's hand and splashing against Heero's cock. As Duo began to tremble and gasp with the intensity of his climax so Heero gave in to his own release. His thick, creamy fluid spurting out and mixing with Duo's. Hands began to slow, moving more carefully over sensitized but fast diminishing hardness' until they finally released each other and lay sated and happy, bathing in the after glow. As his heart rate returned to normal so Heero placed a kiss to Duo's lips.

"I'll go get a wash cloth and clean us up a bit."

"Mmmm... Too comfy to move," replied Duo sleepily.

Heero eased himself from the bed, being careful not to make too much of a wet spot on the sheets. He returned with the cloth and gently wiped away the evidence of their passion from Duo's body. He returned to the bathroom and cleaned himself up before hopping back into the bed and pulling his lover close to him. He feathered kisses across Duo's cheek and brow before claiming those sweet lips in a tender kiss of love and adoration.

"Thank you for understanding, Duo."

"Mmm... I like the making up part, Heero."

Heero chuckled. "Me too, lover, me too."

"Night, baby," came Duo's sleepy voice as he snuggled deeper into Heero's warmth and protection.

"Night, Duo." Heero placed a kiss to Duo's forehead. "And night to you too, baby," he whispered as his hand stroked the soft swelling of Duo's abdomen.

~ * ~

tbc........