Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Chimaera ❯ Chapter 46 ( Chapter 46 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G'boys, I just borrow them from time to time to play with and return them a whole lot happier, ne?

Rating: NC 17

Warnings: Yaoi, Lemon, sap, angst, Male Pregnancy, medical themes

Pairings: 1x2x1

Archive: http://gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com

http://sweetlysour.net.

http://adultfanfiction.net

http://www.theforsakenwk.com

Many thanks to DBZVelena, Ryouga and Yami_Tai for the beta. Also thanks to Yami_Tai for the title of this fic.

Notes: Set partially during the series but main bulk after the war. EW didn't take place. The Eve wars are finished and the peace retained. The pilots have all gone their own ways, Heero and Duo have made a life together both working for Preventer when Duo's world is turned upside down as his unknown past comes back to haunt him.

Dedication: To Velena who gave me the plot bunny for this little gem.

Status: In progress.

~ Indicates flashbacks ~

/ thoughts /

"Chimaera"

October. 2003 ShenLong

Chapter 46

The play of sunlight against his closed eyelids drew Duo from his slumber and he stretched, yawned and rolled over, scratching at his stomach. Heero wasn't in the bed. Duo frowned and lifted the covers back, hopping out of the bed and then running for the bathroom as a wave of nausea hit him.

He made it to the toilet and lifted the lid just in time. The bile rose in his throat and was surrendered to the porcelain god, several times. A cool hand to his shoulder made him jump and he spun around to see Heero staring concerned at him.

"You okay?" Heero asked as he passed over a glass of water.

Duo pushed the flush button and gratefully took the glass. He rinsed his mouth and spat it into the sink. "Yeah, I'm okay now. Thanks."

"I brought you a cup of tea and some dry toast but I guess you beat me to it," Heero said ruefully.

Duo smiled and squeezed Heero's arm. "Thanks, Heero. I appreciate it but I guess the stomach couldn't wait this morning."

"I'll help you back to the bed."

"Nah, I'll be okay. I need to pee first." Duo turned back to the toilet.

"Aa. I'll wait out in the bedroom for you then." Heero turned and shut the door softly on his way out.

Duo finished off in the bathroom, giving his teeth a quick brush to remove the lingering taste of bile and then went out to join his partner in the bedroom. His eyes misted a little when he saw the tray Heero had lovingly prepared for him, making him feel even more guilty for his behavior last night. Duo snuggled back under the covers, letting Heero prop the pillows behind him and settle the tray on his lap.

"I hope this is all right," Heero said as he settled the tray. "I made you some tea, a slice of toast and a glass of apple juice." There was also a single red rose in a small vase on the tray.

"Aww, Heero. You didn't have to do all this. I could easily come and eat with you guys." Duo was feeling a little overwhelmed.

"I know I didn't have to do it but I wanted to. I,… I'm sorry about last night, I didn't mean to upset you." Heero trailed off, a little unsure how to continue.

Duo lifted the tray and set it to one side. "Come here, Heero," he said, his arms open wide.

Heero shifted and allowed himself to fall into his lover's embrace, burying his face against Duo's shoulder. "You're never ugly or fat to me, Duo."

"Shhh..." Duo soothed. "I know, Heero. I know. It was just kind of hard to accept, it felt like you were pushing me away, that you didn't want to be intimate with me any more. I know that's not what you meant at all, that you're only concerned for me and the baby but at the time I didn't see it that way. I'm sorry too."

"Sally will be calling this afternoon along with Nurse Brown to give you another check over."

"Don't remind me." Duo rolled his eyes and sighed. "Sometimes I feel like I'm a human guinea pig."

"I'll speak to Sally while she's here."

"Huh?"

Blushing, Heero looked at his lover. "I'll have a word with Sally about... Ummm... you know."

"About what, Heero?" Duo knew what his lover was talking about all right; he just wanted to see the usually stoic man get all flustered.

"You know."

"Nope."

Heero sighed and turned an even deeper shade of red. "About sex."

"I thought you already knew about the birds and the bees, Heero? I mean, you did get me pregnant so you must have some inkling about what goes where and what to do with it," Duo teased.

"Not like that, baka! I'll talk to her about when and if it's safe for us to have sex," Heero muttered and then looking into the violet depths that twinkled with mischief, he knew he'd been had. "Why I ought to..."

Laughing, Duo pushed his lover gently away. "I do believe I have a breakfast to eat, Hee-chan," he snickered and reached for the tray.

Heero shook his head and gave up. No matter what he did, Duo always got the better of him. "I'll go and finish making breakfast for Trowa and Quatre. They should be down shortly. Heero stood up and went to the door. "I'll see you downstairs when you've finished."

Duo nodded around his mouthful of toast. "I'll be down soon. Thanks."

Closing the door behind him Heero went back to the kitchen to finish off the breakfast.

~ * ~

It was mid morning, and Trowa and Quatre were leaving in an hour. Breakfast had been eaten and the dishes done. The Maguanacs that Quatre had promised had arrived and the meeting between them had gone smoothly. Quatre had outlined the situation to them and Heero had informed them of what he needed them to do in regards to the security as well as looking after the general maintenance and upkeep of the mansion and its grounds. While Heero and Duo would do their own cooking, washing, shopping and the like a couple of the Maguanacs wives would see to the cleaning of the house.

~ * ~

Quatre had arranged for six of the core to stay. There were three cottages on the grounds as well as the main house and the two married Maguanacs would live in two of the cottages while the other four men would share the third. Two would be responsible for the maintenance of the house and grounds while the other four would share the security detail giving around the clock protection. Two rather fierce looking dogs had also arrived.

Heero had been hesitant at first in regard to the dogs. He knew how much Duo loved animals and had no doubts that his lover would want to get to know the dogs, but they were guard dogs and he didn't want Duo getting hurt. He needn't have worried. The dogs took to Duo like a fish to water and Duo simply adored them in return.

While the dogs were working Duo left them alone, understanding the importance of their job, but when they were off duty, that was a different story. Duo would often play with them, throwing a ball or just generally strolling around enjoying the mansion's gardens with one of them by his side. It was as if they knew that Duo needed their protection and they were very loyal to the man, as Heero found out one day when he came home and found his lover sprawled out on the lawn. Immediately Heero had thought there was something wrong and had rushed to his partner's side, only to be stopped by a set of gleaming white teeth.

Heero didn't worry about Duo so much after that.

~ * ~

Trowa and Quatre were ready to leave, standing on the front porch exchanging hugs and extracting promises from Duo to look after himself. "You promise to call me and let me know if there is anything I can do to help out," Quatre reminded the pair as he released Duo from his embrace.

"Yeah, Q-man. I promise," Duo said as he stepped back and felt Heero's arm entwine around his waist. He leaned into the touch, feeling safe.

"You have already done more than enough for us, Quatre. I thank you for your generosity," Heero stated as he shook Trowa's hand and directed his words to the blonde. "Have a safe trip back."

Trowa released the handshake and took his husband's hand. "Look after each other and keep in touch."

"Yes, Duo," the blonde chastised. "Keep in touch and let us know when you're getting close to delivery. I want to be around to welcome my niece or nephew into the world."

Duo smiled. "We wouldn't let you miss out, Quatre. I promise."

"Good. Oh, I just had a thought."

Duo and Heero visibly cringed while Trowa rolled his eyes and shook his head.

Ignoring the three's outward signs, Quatre continued. "We have to have a baby shower for you, Duo. You know, a party where everyone brings along a gift for the baby."

Trowa tugged on his husband's hand, pulling the blonde towards the waiting car. "See you both later," he called as he dragged the protesting blonde away and shoved him into the car. Moments later the car was heading down the driveway, Quatre's voice still audible on the breeze.

"I don't know why you're protesting about a baby shower... All pregnant women have them, I think I should know having twenty nine sisters and all, I've been to a fair share of them..." Quatre's voice floated away as the breeze changed direction and the car disappeared from view.

Duo turned to Heero and wrapped his arms around his lover, sighing softly as he buried his face in the crook of Heero's neck. "I know this sounds awful but I'm glad Quatre has gone. I don't think I could take too much more of his fussing."

"Hai, I know exactly what you mean." It had really taxed Heero trying to keep his temper in check while Quatre was around. The Arabian meant well enough, it's just that he could be a little too over generous at times. Both men appreciated the blonde and loved him dearly; if only he wasn't so... so... sweet.

"Hungry?"

"Starved."

"I'll make lunch. What would you like, Duo?"

"You."

"Hn, baka!"

~ * ~

Taking advantage of the fine weather, Duo and Heero were once again sitting outside in the small courtyard when Harim, one of the Maguanacs approached. "Master Yuy, sir. There is a car at the gates requesting entrance. The person says they are a Doctor Po."

"Please, call me Heero, Harim. I'll come and check. If it is Sally Po then in future she is to be given immediate clearance. Both her and a Nurse Brown. I will make sure to identify them to you and the other Maguanacs."

Harim bowed. "Thank you, Mas... Heero."

"I'll be back in a moment, Duo." Heero stood up and pressed a kiss to his lover's lips.

"I'll wait right here," Duo replied and watched his lover's retreating back. Lifting his mug to his lips Harim's words suddenly sank in. "Shit! Sally and Nurse Brown," he muttered and quickly downed the remaining contents of the mug. It wouldn't pay to have Nurse Brown catch him drinking coffee.

Duo managed to tidy up the small table and remove all traces of the coffee, sitting back down and trying to appear relaxed as he heard Heero's approaching footsteps and the sounds of conversation. Then Sally and Nurse Brown appeared with Heero in the court yard. Duo stood up to greet them both.

Once the pleasantries were exchanged Duo found himself being escorted in the direction of the bedroom and small adjoining examination room. He sat upon the small bed without protest while Nurse Brown took his temperature, blood pressure, oxygen stats and a few other things, noting the results on a small chart. Sally meanwhile carefully checked his healing wounds, pleased with the way they were closing over and knitting back together. Once the basics were done with, Sally had him lie back so she could examine his abdomen, gently probing around making sure there were no lumps or bumps where there shouldn't be. Satisfied, Sally fetched the ultra sound machine while Nurse Brown spread the cold gel over Duo's abdomen. Duo gave a yelp as the cold stuff met with his warm skin.

Heero hovered in the background and had to check himself when he heard Duo yelp. His instincts told him to get in there and rescue his lover but his logic told him that Duo was okay, Sally wouldn't do anything to him to cause him harm. He edged a little closer just to be on the safe side.

With the machine humming away, Sally lowered the sound head and began to run it over Duo's abdomen, searching for that elusive fetus. "Where are you hiding, little one?" she crooned under her breath.

Heero couldn't help himself; he carefully snuck forwards until he was standing beside the bed and Duo. His eyes turned to the screen whilst his hand automatically found Duo's and their fingers entwined.

"Ahhh... There you are." Sally twisted and turned the sound head, trying to get a clearer picture. "I guess it's not in the mood to say hello today,' she murmured.

"Huh?" Duo said.

"The baby has its back to us. Not very sociable by the looks of it."

"Hn. I don't blame it. We've had Quatre here fussing for the past twenty four hours. I'm surprised it hasn't tried to escape completely." Heero dead panned.

Sally and Duo both turned to look at the Japanese man, clearly they didn't think much of Heero's sense of humor.

"Actually I was going to say it appears to take after you, Heero. You know, antisocial and all." Duo snickered. "Yup, definitely your child."

Sally just stared at the pair and shook her head.

"Keep that up, baka and I won't talk to Sally."

"You want to talk to me, Heero?"

Heero realized he'd just dropped himself right into it and didn't have an escape route. Shit! Bad move, Heero. "Ummm..."

"Yes, he does, Sally," Duo offered, seeing as how his partner was having trouble forming words at the moment.

"Okay. I'll just finish this off and leave Nurse Brown to do Duo's blood work and we can talk." Sally turned back to the ultra sound, missing the glare Heero sent in Duo's direction and the tongue poking back by way of retaliation. "Everything appears to be developing normally. The bones are starting their hardening process and the sex should be determined by now, although it's a bit early yet to get a proper look at what this baby is going to be, besides, I think it's a little shy." Sally switched the machine off and Nurse Brown wiped the excess gel away from Duo's belly.

"Time for your blood work, Duo," the nurse said and moved to fetch a syringe, kidney dish and tourniquet. "I hope you have been eating properly and taking your meds."

"Of course I have. Heero is a great cook and won't let me starve. He makes sure I get all the right things and plenty of them."

"I hope that doesn't include coffee."

Duo shut up.

Sally gave a small chuckle and patted Duo on the arm. "I'll go with Heero and see what it is he want's to talk about. I'll see you before I leave."

"Thanks, Sally."

"My pleasure, Duo." Sally left, following a scowling Heero who knew he had to talk; Duo had left him no option.

Heero took them back downstairs and out into the court yard. Siska, one of the Maguanac wives asked if she could bring them some refreshments, even though it wasn't part of her employment conditions. Heero gratefully accepted. They sank into two of the chairs and got comfortable. Well, Sally did, Heero couldn't.

Once the refreshments had been brought out and Siska departed, Sally leant forwards and fixed Heero with her gray eyes. "So what did you want to talk about, Heero?"

"Umm..... Well... I... That is..."

"Heero... spit it out."

"Is it safe for Duo and I to have sex?" Heero wasn't aware he could achieve this color red and not have self combusted.

Sally laughed. "Is that all? For a moment there you had me worried, Heero. I thought it was going to be something serious."

"But it is serious!" Heero spluttered. "I could hurt him or the baby. What if the baby knows what we're doing?" Heero trailed off, his words seeming to jumble and sound stupid even to his ears.

Sally placed a warm hand over Heero's. "This is quite a common thing, Heero. Many new fathers-to-be are unsure about sex with their partner while their partner is pregnant. It usually isn't a problem; most couples enjoy a good healthy sex life right up until the birth, although they have always been female..."

"Exactly."

Sally frowned. "Everything appears normal on the ultrasound. The placenta has attached itself to the wall of the uterus and even though the uterus is slightly deformed it appears to be coping quite well with the fetus. The fetus also is progressing normally. It's 15mm from crown to rump, which is average for this stage of development. To be honest, now that his wounds have healed well I can't see any reason why you can't indulge in sex. You just need to be a little careful and no rough play. Maybe it might be an idea to let Duo play seme if it makes you feel a bit more comfortable. If Duo is to be uke then all you have to remember is to keep your penetration at a safe level, don't go too deep. Also as his body changes you may need to change positions, experiment a little with different ways to do it." Sally winked. "I'm sure that wouldn't be a chore though."

Heero felt as if his cheeks were on fire. He couldn't believe he was sitting here and having this conversation. It was a good thing he loved Duo as much as he did, otherwise he would have high tailed it out of there a long time ago!

"Don't worry, Heero. Everything will be fine. You don't need to have complete penetration to enjoy sex, there are other ways you can satisfy each other without going all the way. Oh, another thing I should mention is that Duo's libido will fluctuate as well, also as the pregnancy progresses so there will be other changes to his body besides the obvious."

"Changes? Libido?" Heero echoed. He was deeply interested to find out more, despite his shyness at the frankness of the discussion.

"Yes, Heero. His libido will change and vary as his hormones fluctuate. Fortunately it shouldn't take too much longer for his hormones to settle a bit; well, at least that's what usually happens."

Heero nodded. He didn't need reminding that this was all new territory in a way for both himself and the doctor. There wasn't anything really 'normal' about this pregnancy.

"He may want sex more frequently some days and then others he may not want you anywhere near him. Don't take it personally, it isn't him, just the signals his body is getting. The changes... Well, he may find that as the fetus grows his genitals will become even more sensitive. It's quite a common occurrence in women, the genitals become engorged and women who haven't experienced orgasm before suddenly do with the increased sensitivity to the area. Also it's not uncommon to have multiple orgasms."

/ Bloody hell! / Heero thought. Duo in normal horny mode was more than enough for him to handle but a Duo that was capable of having multiple orgasms? Shit! If that was going to be the case then maybe he should be asking Une for extra time off.

"Heero?"

Heero turned back to Sally. "Sorry, I was just thinking."

Sally smiled. "You may also need to be aware that in women their breasts become a lot more sensitive during this time as well as the majority of the foundation is laid down at this point in readiness for breast feeding."

"Fuck!"

"While Duo does have a certain amount of female hormones running through his system and I expect him to develop a little extra tissue in the chest area, I do not expect him to develop full on breasts. Males do have mammary glands, Heero. They just don't develop and function as a female's do due to the lack of female hormones. In Duo's case, he does have a certain amount of female hormones but not enough to develop breasts with which to feed the baby. I could give him supplementary female hormone injections if he wishes to breast feed but I wouldn't like to say what the effects of those hormones would be on the rest of his body so I think it would be a safer bet to leave well enough alone."

Heero gave a loud sigh of relief. "I was worried about that," he admitted. "I think I can handle pretty much everything else you've told me, but Duo developing breasts..." Heero shuddered. "I don't think I could take that."

Sally laughed. "I don't think Duo would really appreciate the sore, cracked nipples and tenderness either, to be honest, Heero. No, there are lots of baby formulas on the market so the child will be well fed on those."

Heero gave a sigh of relief. "Thanks for clearing up a lot of that for me, Sally. I appreciate it."

"No problem, Heero. That's what I'm here for, to help you both."

Heero gave her a warm smile. "Duo… breast feeding? Somehow I don't think that fits with his overall image of former terrorist, assassin, Gundam Pilot and now Preventer agent."

"What doesn't fit?" Duo asked as he stepped out into the court yard with Nurse Brown.

Heero looked up and gave a smirk. "You breast feeding."

Duo felt the world beginning to tilt. "Holy shit!"

~ * ~

tbc...........

[AN] Once more I am using the following site for information in regards to the pregnancy and developments of such: http://pregnancy.about.com/