Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Chimaera ❯ Chapter 53 ( Chapter 53 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G'boys, I just borrow them from time to time to play with and return them a whole lot happier, ne?

Rating: NC 17

Warnings: Yaoi, Lemon, sap, angst, Male Pregnancy, medical themes, WAFF, humor.

Pairings: 1x2x1

Archive: http://gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com

http://sweetlysour.net.

http://adultfanfiction.net

http://www.theforsakenwk.com

Many thanks to DBZVelena, Ryouga and Yami_Tai for the beta. Also thanks to Yami_Tai for the title of this fic.

Notes: Set partially during the series but main bulk after the war. EW didn't take place. The Eve wars are finished and the peace retained. The pilots have all gone their own ways, Heero and Duo have made a life together both working for Preventer when Duo's world is turned upside down as his unknown past comes back to haunt him.

Dedication: To Velena who gave me the plot bunny for this little gem.

Status: In progress.

~ Indicates flashbacks ~

/ thoughts /

"Chimaera"

October. 2003 ShenLong

Chapter 53

The little fetus floated around, safe in its watery world. Experimentally it moved its arms, just a little and managed to bring a tiny hand to its mouth. The minute thumb brushed against the small lips which twitched and automatically tried to suck on the digit, the natural instinct of suckling being evident even at this stage. Turning around, the tiny body floated downwards, a couple of small kicks from its feet pushed the fetus against the smooth walls of the uterus, the thin barrier of the amniotic sac acting as a cushion but still allowing sensations to pass through to the small, developing baby.

The fetus was quite happy in its little world, it had all it needed, nutrition, oxygen and waste removal, all courtesy of its mother. Occasionally it would receive a dose of something extra, something that made the fetus feel good and these times it would move a little more, although the movements it currently made were way too soft and small to be felt by anything other than the fluid that surrounded it. Drifting down the uterine wall the fetus came to rest peacefully at the lower end of the womb and decided that this was a nice place to stay. It curled up a little and relaxed, the steady throb of its mother's heart beat lulling it into *sleep*.

~ * ~

Duo's eyes blinked open, the room was still dark which meant the sun hadn't yet come up. He glanced at the clock; red luminous numbers peered back at him. 4.25 AM, they read. He raised a hand to push away the stray hairs that had escaped his braid and yawned. He was about to roll over and fall back asleep when the reason for him waking in the first place made its presence known again. "Shit!" he muttered under his breath and carefully shifted his body until he was out of the bed. He didn't want to wake Heero. Silently he padded across the thick carpet to the ensuite bathroom and closed the door. The light switch flipped on and Duo blinked as his pupils adjusted to the sudden light. Still yawning, he walked over to the toilet and raised the seat, reached into his boxers and proceeded to relieve himself. He stared in disbelief as the small trickle dried up. "Fuck! You woke me up for that?" he mumbled to his belly. He tried again, just on the off chance that his bladder was playing tricks on him. The pressure on his bladder had indicated that it was full and needed emptying relatively quickly, but what had come out only added up to about half a tea cup.

He strained and tried again. Nothing. He gave up. Tucking himself away he pressed the flush button and washed his hands, then turning off the light he traipsed across the carpet and back to the bed. Once under the covers he snuggled into the warmth, feeling Heero's body move close to his and an arm drape over his middle.

"You all right, Duo?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you."

"S'okay. What's the problem?" Heero snuggled closer still.

"Needed to pee. I could swear I was bursting to go but only a trickle came out," grumbled Duo. "If I'd know it was only going to be such a small amount I wouldn't have bothered getting up."

"You wet the bed and you sleep alone," grunted Heero.

"Thanks a lot, buddy," Duo huffed and went to roll a little further away from his lover. Heero's grip on his waist tightened and prevented him from moving.

"Where do you think you're going?" Heero mumbled.

"I thought you didn't want me in the bed if I was going to wet it," replied Duo, still miffed at his lover.

"Depends on what sort of wet spot you make," came the sleepy reply.

Duo blinked then rolled over. "It's too early in the fucking morning to be making jokes, Yuy." he growled and kissed his 'I'm-trying-to-sleep' lover. "But I guess I can forgive you this time. Besides, it's usually you that leaves the wet spot."

"Do not."

"Do too."

"Do not."

"Do too."

"Do not."

"Shit, I gotta go pee again."

~ * ~

Sunday was spent lazing around the mansion and thinking about the nursery. True to his word, Heero had rung Quatre after breakfast and discussed the turning of the 'green' room, as Duo had dubbed it, into a nursery. Needless to say the Arab had been more than enthusiastic and had agreed immediately to the proposal, then carried on with suggestions about color schemes, matching carpet and curtains, not to mention color coordinated baby furniture.

All the time the conversation was taking place, Duo was sat in the small office out of view of the vid 'phone but able to hear everything that was going on. He couldn't help the snickers at some of Quatre's suggestions. Pale pink was definitely out as far as he was concerned; even if the child was a girl there was no way he would subject the child to pink. Rather they were thinking along the more conventional line of colors, the neutral but warm shades. Duo was pretty sure that he still liked the sound of pale yellow best.

Having agreed that they could change the room to their liking, Quatre then changed tack and began to question Heero about the baby shower again. Heero did his best to convince Quatre that such a thing was not necessary, that they had, in fact, already purchased pretty much most of what they were going to need. Heero could tell that the blonde was a little disappointed that he couldn't throw his friend a baby shower but Heero consoled himself that he was far better off coping with an upset Quatre, who would get over it in a day or two anyway, than facing a royally pissed off Duo who would no doubt carry out his threats of disappearing until the baby was born if anyone so much as dared to throw a party of that nature for him.

Hilde happened to walk into the office just as the conversation was becoming a little strained, carrying a tray with three mugs on it. "Is that Quatre?" she asked as she handed Duo a mug then turned to pass Heero his. "It is Quatre,' she squealed as she recognized the blonde's face on the vid screen. "Hey, Quatre. How are you?"

Quatre's face beamed back. "Hilde, how nice to see you. I'm fine, as is Trowa. What about you? You're looking well."

Heero carefully slid out of the chair and let Hilde sit down in his place. Grabbing his cup of coffee he sneaked around the vid screen and grasped Duo by the elbow, nodding towards the office door. The pair of them slunk out and left Hilde to talk to Quatre.

Once they were safe from the blonde they collapsed into a heap on the couch in the lounge. "Oh, man. I love Quat like a brother but sometimes the guy can be just too sweet and generous," Duo laughed.

"I can't help but feel a little guilty at leaving Hilde there by herself to talk to him," Heero returned.

"Don't worry about Hilde, Hee-chan. She's a big girl now and can take care of herself. If I know Hilde and Quatre gets too much she'll just yank out the connection cord and plead power failure or something."

Heero smiled at that and stopped feeling so bad about sneaking off. He turned back to Duo. "You going with Hilde tomorrow to sort out her wedding stuff?"

Duo sensed there might be an objection coming and bristled slightly, his voice taking on a defensive tone. "Yeah, I am. Tomorrow's the last day she has to get it all, her shuttle leaves on Tuesday, at 11 am, I think she said, so that really only leaves tomorrow."

"Promise me you will be careful and not overdo things?"

Duo's head jerked up. He hadn't expected that. If anything he had expected Heero to voice his opinions on why Duo shouldn't accompany Hilde, so to have him accept it came as a bit of a shock. "Umm... Yeah, I promise to take it easy, okay."

"Good." Heero scooted across the couch to wrap his arms around Duo and kiss his lover's neck. "I'm sorry if I appear overprotective at times, Duo. I can't help it. I only want you and our child to be safe. I am trying hard not to smother you."

Duo melted. "I know, Heero. I'm sorry I get so defensive and snappy at times. I do know that you're only looking out for me but you have to trust me, trust me to know when I've had enough, that I know my own limits and will stop before I can do any damage. I want this child just as much as you do, Heero. It's a part of me, a part of you, something created out of our love, something to remind us of just how much we do love each other; and there is no way I would put this child in danger of any kind." Duo snuggled close, tears burning his eyes with his little emotional speech. "Shit, Yuy. You must think I'm a right sap," he sniffled.

Heero stroked his love's hair. "No, I don't, Duo. I want you to talk to me, to tell me what's going on with you, that way I can be more sensitive to your needs. And I know you would never put our child in any danger. I trust you to know when enough is enough, little mother."

"Speaking of enough," Duo growled softly as he straightened up and pulled from his lover's embrace. "I'll be happy when this kid stops using my bladder as a bed! Shit! I gotta go pee again!"

Heero tried to stifle the snicker, really he did, but it escaped anyway and earned him a death glare from his lover.

"It's not funny, Yuy," snapped Duo, although there wasn't any anger in his tone. Despite his words he could see the humor of the situation. As he left the room in search of the toilet so he turned again to face his partner. "Next time you can carry the kid and see how long you last!"

Once Duo was gone, Heero let the laughter spill. He couldn't help it.

~ * ~

Monday morning dawned fair with the promise of a warm day ahead, Heero finished his breakfast and kissed his lover good-bye, after extracting a promise that Duo would be careful and rest when necessary. Duo couldn't help feeling a little relieved once Heero had departed for the 'office'. He finished his scrambled eggs and washed it down with the last of the tea before taking the dishes through to the sink and washing them up. He felt much better now, food didn't make him feel ill anymore and so he was making up for lost time, eating plenty but keeping it fairly well balanced. Not that he had a hope of getting much junk food down his throat, not with 'Mother Heero' watching him. He finished the dishes and went upstairs to change. Stepping out a short while later in loose black slacks and pale blue shirt, he was shrugging on a jacket as Hilde stepped out from her room. Duo gave an appreciative wolf whistle and Hilde suitably blushed.

"You're gonna knock everyone's eyes out, Hil," Duo smirked and then put his arm around the woman's waist to escort her down the stairs and out to the waiting pick up, Heero having gotten a lift with Wufei and so, leaving the pick up for Duo to use.

Hilde was dressed in a simple blouse and skirt of matching blue. She looked fresh and young, her dark hair and pale skin complimenting the colors of her attire and bringing out her eyes. She poked Duo in the ribs. "Good thing I have you with me to fend off all the horde then," replied Hilde as she climbed into the pick up.

Duo just grinned and got behind the wheel. Soon they were on their way to the city and the bridal shops that Hilde had already contacted in regards to her needs. It took a good half an hour to get there and another ten minutes to find a parking spot that was pretty much central to the shops Hilde needed to visit. Locking the car up, Duo followed his 'sister' out of the car park and onto the crowded sidewalk. They made their way through the crowds and to the first shop on Hilde's list.

Two hours later, three toilet visits for Duo, four bridal shops and a ten minute break for a coffee and Hilde still hadn't found the wedding dress of her dreams. Stepping out of the fifth shop, Duo was beginning to understand why a lot of men hated all the fuss surrounding a wedding and why it was usually left to the female side to organize it. He was beginning to feel tired, his back ached and his bladder seemed to delight in reminding him of its presence every five minutes.

Hilde gave him a small smile and squeezed his arm. "I'm sorry, Duo. If you want to go home I understand. I can finish looking by myself and catch a cab back."

Duo gave her a smile in return. "No, it's okay, Hilde. I'm just getting a little tired, that's all. I won't desert you but I think I need to sit down for a while. How about we get some lunch?"

"Good idea, my treat."

"Hilde..." Duo began but was cut off.

"No, Duo. I insist. You've been good enough to come along with me and suffer in silence so it's the least I can do. Look, there's a cafe over there, come on." Hilde took Duo by the arm and dragged him across the street and into the cool interior of the cafe. She found them a table at the rear and Duo sank gratefully into the soft seat. Hilde picked up the menu and began to go through it; selecting what she wanted and passing the menu to Duo.

The waitress came over and took their order, bringing them their drinks and then the food once it was ready. They took their time eating, Hilde enjoying the break just as much as Duo was. Once they were finished and sipping their coffee so Hilde spoke again. "I think we should go to the suit hire place next and see what they have for you and Heero. I have Heero's measurements; he gave them to me yesterday so it's really only you we need to get fitted and also to select a color."

"I take it we are to compliment your bridesmaids so I guess we need to get the color and style right," replied Duo.

"I'm only having one bridesmaid."

"Oh, who?"

"Mark's sister, Sacha. You remember her, don't you, Duo?"

Duo thought for a moment. "Isn't she the one with the long black hair, brown eyes and pale skin?" Duo had only met the girl once, when she had come with Mark to pick up Hilde to go out somewhere.

"Yes, that's her," replied Hilde as she replaced her cup and called for the bill. "She's going to be wearing a sleeveless, strapless gown, three quarter length in a soft peach color so we need something for you two that won't clash."

"What's Mark wearing?"

"Black."

"Sounds like he's going to his funeral," snickered Duo.

Hilde gave him a glare. "It will be your funeral if you keep that up," she growled. "Come on, we need to get moving if I'm to ever find this dress of mine and get the suits sorted out for you and Heero."

Duo duly stood and after a visit to the bathroom followed Hilde out of the cafe and on to the next store. The suit selection wasn't as difficult as he'd thought it would be. Hilde gave the assistant Heero's measurements, Duo gave his own and noted the look of 'are you sure' when stating his waist size. The assistant however, didn't question him, merely checked on the computer to see what they had available in the sizes requested. After looking at several styles and colors they eventually settled on charcoal. Matching ruffled pale peach shirts with black bow ties were also selected and Hilde booked the outfits. The assistant gave Duo the paperwork he would need to collect the suits when the day arrived and they left the shop feeling as though they had finally accomplished something.

Half a block further down and Duo was once again inside a bridal shop, trying to remain interested while Hilde went through the dresses she had selected to view from the shop's online catalogue. Duo was so intent on trying to figure out the mysteries of the suspenders and stockings that were on display and why anyone would want to wear such a torturous looking item that at first he didn't hear Hilde return. When he did hear her call his name and turned around, his breath caught in his throat. God, she looked beautiful. He stood there and just stared, taking in the sight with his mouth open.

The dress Hilde wore was simple in design, soft white satin shimmered underneath layers of organza. The sleeves were three quarter length, a sweetheart neckline led to a diamante covered bodice which then tapered to emphasize Hilde's narrow waist. The floor length skirt flowed out below. The head piece consisted of a simple tiara with the finest of lace attached.

"Do you like it?" Hilde asked.

"Oh, Hilde, you look simply stunning," replied Duo as he stepped forwards, tears shimmered in his eyes as he appraised the woman. "Beautiful, simply beautiful."

Hilde looked pleased and turned to gaze at herself in the full length mirror. "Do you think Mark will like it?"

"If he doesn't then I suggest he gets his eyes tested. Hilde, it's stunning. If I wasn't gay I'd certainly be giving Mark a run for his money," Duo said, a wide grin on his face.

Hilde beamed and turned to the shop assistant. "I'll take it."

"Very well, madam."

Hilde went back through to the change rooms and Duo took a seat to wait for her, still stunned over the vision of loveliness she had presented in that dress. Soon Hilde returned and after having paid a deposit and arranging to pay the rest by installments, she organized the final details for shipment of the dress to L2. With the business concluded they left the shop and headed back to the car park and the pick up.

Duo stopped off at a little Japanese restaurant on the way home and picked up dinner for them all. He really didn't feel like cooking and he knew Heero would be tired when he got home so take out sounded like a good idea. They pulled up at the mansion as the sun was beginning to set, Duo carrying the food inside while Hilde chattered on about the dress and how she hoped Mark would like it. Once inside she made her excuses and went to take a shower before dinner. Duo also decided that a shower was a good idea and so headed towards his and Heero's room.

He walked into the bedroom and shut the door softly behind himself. Turning around he noticed that some of the packages they had bought for the baby had been moved, but he didn't question it as Heero's uniform lay on the bed. Obviously his partner was home from work already. With a wicked smile, Duo quickly stripped himself of his clothes and headed for the ensuite bathroom. As he drew close so he could hear strange noises coming from within, he paused at the door and strained his ears to listen.

"Rubber Ducky, you're the one... You make bath time so much fun..."

/ What the hell? / thought Duo and moved closer to the door. He peered through the partially open door and had to stuff the end of his braid into his mouth so as not to laugh out loud. In the large tub sat Heero, surrounded by bubbles and a...

Was that a yellow rubber duck? Or more specifically, *the* yellow rubber duck they had bought for the baby's bath time?

Duo nearly choked on his braid as Heero's mouth opened and the duck went zooming around the tub.

"Rubber Duckie, I'm awfully fond of you;

(woh woh, bee doh!)

Rubber Duckie, joy of joys,

When I squeeze you, you make noise!

Rubber Duckie, you're my very best friend, it's true!

(doo doo doo doooo, doo doo) " [1]

This time Duo couldn't hold the mirth and fell inside the bathroom holding his sides, shaking with laughter. A startled Heero looked up and then went bright red, doing his best to hide the 'duck'.

"H... H... Heero, what are you doing?" Duo managed to wheeze out in-between giggles.

Heero looked rather sheepish at being caught. "It's called testing the equipment."

"Testing the what? It's a rubber duck, Heero. A child's bath toy."

"I have to make sure that our child is not going to be harmed in any way by anything, and that includes this duck."

"Heero, tell me the truth. You were playing with the duck, weren't you?" Duo snickered.

"No, I wasn't. I was merely making sure that the floating and entertainment capabilities of the yellow rubber item were all that they claimed to be," Heero replied with a huff.

Duo climbed into the tub and took the duck from Heero. He leant forward and took his lover's lips in a deep kiss, then resting his forehead against Heero's he said quietly. "Boy, you sure did have a depraved childhood, didn't you?"

~ * ~

tbc..........

AN: The end part of Heero sitting in the bath tub with the duck was courtesy of Cremette whom I was chatting to on MSN and happened to mention duckie wallpaper. I was suddenly hit with this mental picture of Heero with a duck in the tub singing that song... and the rest is history.

[1] The lyrics for the song 'Rubber Duckie' are taken from here: http://kids.ji-indonesia.com/song/rubberduckie.php