Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Chimaera ❯ Chapter 69 ( Chapter 69 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

See previous chapters for disclaimer etc.

As I'm off on holidays tomorrow I thought I would leave you all with this parting gift. Not sure when the next chapter will be out so please be patient. Enjoy....

Chapter 69

Heero laughed and took his kisses anyway. Just as Duo was beginning to melt under his onslaught so the doorbell rang...

"I thought you had this place fully secured, Yuy?" Duo asked as the doorbell sounded yet again.

"I do, but I had to open the gates and turn off the perimiter alarms so as Wufei, Quatre and Trowa can get in. I don't fancy having to run up and down the stairs all the time to answer the intercom from the gate."

"Fuck!" swore Duo as the doorbell rang again. "If it's one of those door to door salesmen I'm going to shove whatever he's selling fair up his ass!"

"Who said it was a salesman? Could be the local Mormons calling to spread the good word and convert you," stated Heero, keeping his expression neutral.

"Well, bloody good luck to them, I don't fancy their chances. In case it wasn't included in your education, Heero, a relationship such as ours is still frowned upon by many of the religious factions and somehow I think being confronted by a gay man, who is pregnant no less, would certainly convince them that there was a hell; or at the very least, a God with a weird sense of humor."

The doorbell rang again, a little more urgently this time.

"Better go answer it, Heero. You're quicker than me. If it is the Mormons just tell them you were fucking with Shinigami and see how fast they can run." Duo gave his lover a wide grin. "Especially if you let the dogs loose."

"Duo, you are positively evil, you know that?"

"Yup, that's why you love me."

Heero shook his head and left the room to answer the persistent ringing of the door bell.

***

"You don't think they've gone out somewhere do you, Trowa?" Quatre asked as he pressed the door bell for the fourth time.

"No, Quatre. Duo is confined to the house and should be resting, remember?"

"But they could be out the back and not heard the ring." Quatre pressed the bell again.

Trowa rolled his eyes under his bang. "Be patient, I'm sure they will answer the door in a moment. They could be..."

"Surely not!" the blonde jumped in. "Especially after Duo's 'problem'. I thought they would have both had more sense than to do that and risk the baby's well being. And Heero, he shouldn't be pressuring Duo..."

"Quatre?"

"What?"

"I was going to say sleeping."

"Oh."

The door opened then and Heero stood on the other side, looking a little tired but otherwise quite happy to see them.

"Heero! So good to see you again," the blonde stated and wrapped his arms around the Japanese man, drawing him into a hug. "How are you? How are Duo and the baby? Is he better now or still confined to bed rest? When is Wufei picking you up? How long do you think you will be gone for? We don't have anything pressing at the moment so we can stay as long as you need."

"Quatre?" said Trowa with a sigh as he placed a hand on his husband's shoulder. "Let Heero go and stop throwing all those questions at him."

"Oh, sorry." Quatre released the former pilot and stepped back.

Heero shook his head as a small smile tugged at his lips. "I'm fine; Duo and the baby are well; he's much better and not confined to bed rest, just rest; Wufei will be here in another couple of hours or so and the assignment should only take a week tops. Now, would you care to come in?"

Quatre gave Heero a puzzled look, Trowa laughed. "Thanks, Heero." Trowa picked up their bags and stepped inside the mansion, Quatre right behind him.

"Come through to the lounge room for now, just leave the bags there and I'll help you take them up afterwards," said Heero as he led the way through to the lounge room.

"Where is Duo?" Quatre asked as he sat on the lounge and dropped his hand automatically to Trowa's knee once the tall man had sat beside him.

"He's upstairs at the moment, although he should be down soon. He was helping me with my packing when you arrived."

"Ah. So tell me, Heero. Is he really okay now?"

"I'm fine, Q-man."

All three heads swiveled around as Duo's voice sounded from the doorway.

"Duo!" The blonde was up, on his feet and across the room before anyone could blink. "Wow! You're getting... "

"Big?" Duo laughed. "Carrying a baby will do that to you, Quatre."

Quatre blushed and then went to hug his friend, pausing for a moment.

"It's okay, Quatre, you can hug me, just not too tight."

Smiling bright enough to be an ad for a toothpaste company, Quatre carefully hugged Duo. Stepping back he looked at Duo's growing belly, a mixture of emotions on his face.

"You can touch it if you want, Quat. I don't mind."

"Are you sure?" the blonde replied shyly.

"Of course. I promise I won't bite although I don't know about the baby."

Carefully Quatre extended his hand out and placed the palm against Duo's belly. Feeling a little bolder he gently ran his hand over the bump, his eyes widening in fascination as he did so. He smiled again. "That's awesome, Duo. To know there's a baby growing in there. Wow!"

"Yeah, it is kinda overwhelming," grinned Duo as he stroked over the bump with a loving hand.

"How far along are you, Duo?" Trowa asked from his position on the couch, his one visible eye full of warmth as he watched his husband stroking Duo's belly, fascination written in every line of his face.

"Just come into the eighteenth week, roughly four and a half months."

"The halfway mark," added Heero and smiled at Duo.

"Shouldn't you be sitting down, Duo?" Quatre said with an alarmed look on his face.

"Sally said for me to rest, yes. But I'm not a total invalid, Quatre. I have a list of the things I'm allowed to do and those that I'm not and I gave Sally my word that I would stick to it and I will." Duo's eyes turned slightly glazed with his next words. "I don't intent to do anything that will put sunshine here at risk."

"Sunshine?" Trowa quirked an eyebrow.

"Don't ask," replied Heero, then changed topic. "Would anyone like some refreshments?"

Duo walked slowly to the large armchair and sat down, Quatre hovering at his elbow. "I hope you're not planning on hanging all over me all the time whilst you're here, Quat. I gave Sally and Heero my word and I won't go back on it so there is no need for you to fuss over me."

Quatre gave him a sheepish grin. "Sorry. I'll try to be considerate of you, Duo." Quatre recalled the little 'talk' that Trowa had had with him prior to their arrival. He didn't want to smother Duo, but he wanted to help him all he could.

"I'm sure that Duo will let you know if he needs any assistance for anything, Quatre," said Trowa in a warning tone, one that clearly said, 'leave the poor guy alone.'

"I appreciate your concern, Quatre, and I'm grateful that you're both staying with me while Heero is away, but you have to trust me to let you know when I need help. If you're just going to be mothering me all the time then I won't be responsible for my actions."

"I know," sighed Quatre. "I'll try to behave. You must also let me know if I'm getting too much for you, Duo. I can't help it, I just want to help you out and I don't realize half the time that I'm being too over protective."

"Ain't that the truth," muttered Trowa under his breath.

Quatre flashed his partner a glare while Duo did his best to stifle the snicker.

"It's okay, Quat. I know you mean well and all and I promise to let you know when to back off." Duo felt a little better about having Quatre here now that they had everything straightened out.

Heero did too if the relieved look on his face was anything to go by. He'd thought he may return home to find a maniacal Duo and bodies buried in the back yard. "Refreshments?" he asked again.

"Yes please, tea would be nice, Heero," Quatre answered from his position perched on the arm rest of Duo's chair. He was still enraptured by Duo's belly.

"Coffee please, Hee-chan."

The blonde turned to look at Duo. "Aren't you..." A warning look from those amethyst eyes stopped his words and he quickly altered them. "..supposedd to be limiting your caffeine intake?"

"Hai, he is. He's allowed three cups a day," Heero answered for his lover and got a glare in return. "I'll go make the tea." Heero stood up and went to leave.

"Would you mind if I gave you a hand?" Trowa asked as he also stood.

Sensing the tall man wanted to speak privately with him, Heero nodded. "Thanks." They left the room together leaving Quatre still in awe of Duo's bump and Duo amused at the blonde's reaction to his pregnant state.

Heero filled the kettle while Trowa leaned against the bench top, watching. The tea pot came out and Heero placed the tea bags in it before fetching cups, sugar bowl and milk. Trowa passed him a tray and Heero set the items upon it before fetching the coffee and spooning some into Duo's mug. Trowa broke the silence just when Heero was beginning to think he'd mistaken his earlier assumption that Trowa wanted to talk.

"How is he really doing, Heero?"

Heero sighed and leaned on the bench top next to Trowa. "He's doing much better than he was. Sally said the abruption has ceased and fortunately only separated a little. As far as she can tell from the ultra sounds, the baby is fine and shouldn't be affected."

"Shouldn't?" Trowa questioned.

"Depends on if and how much it was deprived of oxygen and other things. I don't really understand it myself but Sally said the baby's heart rate and other vital signs were good so she doesn't think there was any damage to the child."

"Well that's good news. How are you coping?"

"Honestly?"

Trowa nodded. "I want the truth."

"Okay, I guess. At least Duo is being more cooperative since the scare. I know it isn't easy for him, especially knowing his background,; living on the streets of L2 he's always had to look out for himself so naturally it's going to be hard for him to admit to needing help, or giving up any of his independence."

"I can understand that. I've spoken to Quatre and he's promised me that he won't try to mother Duo too much. He doesn't always realize that he's doing it though; guess that comes from having all those sisters."

Heero snorted. "I'm surprised he's as balanced as he is with all those females around him for the larger part of his life." The kettle began to boil and Heero turned it off, pouring the water into the tea pot and Duo's mug. Letting the tea steep, Heero continued their conversation. "I have limited Duo's caffeine intake and he's accepted that pretty well; he's also got a craving for Crunchie bars and I keep some hidden in the pantry cupboard. Usually he has one a day, although I know he's got some stashed away as well that he doesn't think I know about, I haven't managed to find out where he has them hidden yet, haven't really had the time to look but don't let on that you know."

Trowa nodded. "Anything else I should know about?"

"Yeah," Heero thought for a minute. "I found a new ice cream on the market, Crunchie ice cream and Duo adores it. I thought I'd got it safely hidden in the freezer and I'd even put a lock on it but he found it and well..."

"Let me guess, he scoffed the lot," Trowa said with a grin.

"Not quite but I warn you, if he does get his hands on a tub of it then don't try to take it off him, not if you value your life."

"Oh? Speaking from experience, Heero?"

Heero scowled.

"I'll take that as a yes." Trowa shifted slightly "You still haven't answered my question though."

Thinking for a moment, Heero turned around slowly and faced the other man. "I'm coping okay. It isn't easy though. Duo has emotional mood swings due to the hormone imbalance so I never know from one moment to the next if I'm going to be jumped on, yelled at or faced with a flood of tears. Getting him to accept the help has been tough and then there is his high libido." Turning back to the tray with the tea on it, Heero added Duo's coffee to it and prepared to carry it through to the lounge. "There are some days when I could just walk out of that door and not come back."

The words were spoken so softly that Trowa only just caught them.

"And I hate myself for thinking like that. Sometimes I get so frustrated I could throttle him, especially when he's being stubborn or difficult over something trivial. But, Trowa, I love him. I love him so much it hurts, so why should I have such negative thoughts?" Heero's blue eyes clearly showed his confusion as he looked to his friend for answers.

Trowa's strong arms wrapped around Heero and simply held the Japanese man for a moment, offering comfort while his mind formulated the words he wanted to say. Breaking away he studied Heero intently then spoke. "Being with someone, loving them, isn't as easy as one would think. You have to take the good with the bad, accept their faults and short comings and love them all the same because of them. All the romantic movies, books and happily ever afters are useless as they only play up on the good side of things. They don't tell you about the morning breath, leaving the cap off the toothpaste, not replacing the toilet roll, leaving clothes lying around or forgetting about putting out the trash; all of which can be, and often are, faults of each one of us, but it's because of these little quirks that we're all individuals and special in our own right. To truly love someone you have to accept them for who and what they are, you can't change them and why would you want to? That's not the person you fell in love with, that's just a mold of something you want them to be. Being annoyed or upset, worn out and thinking of leaving is all a part of loving someone. It's the way we clear the air, bring things to the surface so we can talk about them. Communication, Heero, that's the key to a successful, loving relationship. He gets on your nerves at times and no doubt you get on his too, but thinking about walking out and actually doing it are two different things. You're still here, aren't you?"

"Hai, I am."

"I know it gets harder when a pregnancy is tossed into the mix as often the male feels left out and resentful, but who would have thought that Duo would ever fall pregnant? Stick with it, Heero. Duo loves you very much, don't ever doubt that. I can see it in his eyes, the way he looks at you and the little touches he gives you; and I know you love him back. Let this pregnancy bring you closer together for the end result is going to be something unique, something that the two of you have created together with your love for each other." Trowa shut up then, feeling a little embarrassed at his long speech.

Heero was equally as embarrassed, he'd never known Trowa to say all that much, usually only saying something when he had something worth saying. He had no idea that Trowa could be so wise. But then again, having married Quatre no doubt he would have had his own hands full with the blonde tycoon. Funny, he'd thought it would always be Wufei who was the philosopher type but Trowa could certainly give Chang a run for his money.

"Arigato, Trowa. I appreciate you being frank with me. It does make things a little easier to understand. Now I think we had better be getting back with these drinks or Duo will be gnawing away at the furniture with caffeine withdrawal."

"Happy to help, Heero. Anytime you want to talk just call me." Trowa placed a hand on Heero's arm and squeezed lightly.

Heero acknowledged with a nod of his head and then picked up the tray, carrying it through to the lounge room and their respective partners.

"About time," said Duo as they entered the lounge. "I was about to send out a search party for you both."

"What kept you so long?" asked Quatre as he shifted over on the couch so Trowa could sit back down.

"Just having a bit of a talk," replied Heero.

"More like warning Trowa about where to hide the Crunchie ice cream, I'll bet," Duo teased.

"Ooo... You like the Crunchie one, Duo? I love the Cherry Ripe one. It's so creamy and soft," Quatre butted in.

"They make it in the Cherry Ripe as well?" Duo's eyes were wide as he took his coffee from Heero, adding a thank you as an after thought.

"Yes, they do. I absolutely adore it."

"I didn't know you'd tried that ice cream, Quatre." Trowa gave his partner a frown. "I haven't seen any of it in the freezer."

"Probably because I've eaten it all. It's very addictive," Quatre replied with a sheepish smile.

"I can vouch for that," added Duo. "The Crunchie one is simply divine."

Trowa looked across to Heero who shrugged helplessly at him. "Looks like you're going to need to keep an eye on the pair of them," he offered and poured the tea.

Trowa shook his head and smiled to himself as he listened to his husband and Duo swap ice cream stories. He would certainly need to find a good hiding place for the stuff, especially since Quatre had confessed to having a craving for it as well. Once the pair of them got their hands on it he'd be lucky to come out with all his limbs in tact if he tried to take it off them. Idly he wondered what they would say if he was to admit to his secret love of the Flake ice cream variety...

Yes, it was certainly going to be an interesting week.

~ * ~

tbc......

Note: My apologies to anyone who may be offended by my comments on the Mormons, bashing religious groups is not my intent here.