Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Chimaera ❯ Chapter 78 ( Chapter 78 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Please see previous chapters for notes, disclaimers etc.

 

"Chimaera"

 

By ShenLong.

 

 

 

Chapter 78

 

Whilst Quatre was off fetching the ice cream, Trowa went in search of a box and blanket for the puppy to use as a bed. He soon found the ideal box and brought it into the lounge, setting it by the fire and settling the blanket inside. Once he was happy with the 'bed' he carefully picked up the sleeping pup from Duo's lap and placed it in the box. The pup stirred and gave a wide mouthed yawn, licked Trowa's hand and then snuggled into the warmth of the blanket lined box.

 

Duo made himself more comfortable on the couch, his eyes continuously wandering back to the small pup. Quatre returned with three tubs of ice cream and handed one to Duo, one to Trowa and then sat himself down in the chair next to Trowa with his own tub.

 

"Thanks, Quatre," said Duo as he removed the lid and proceeded to dip his spoon inside the tub. He paused for a second as the spoon kept going and tipped the tub over slightly to peer inside. His eyes widened a little as he took in the sparse contents. He could have sworn he had more ice cream left than this when he'd put the tub away yesterday. He stared inside again just in case his eyes were malfunctioning but the amount hadn't changed. He looked over at Quatre, confusion written in his face. "Quat?"

 

"Yes, Duo?" Quatre looked up from his Cherry Ripe ice cream.

 

"Have you been eating my ice cream?"

 

"No. Why would I want to do that? I have my own," replied the blonde as his brows knitted.

 

Duo frowned. "I could have sworn there was more than this left when I put the tub away yesterday." He stole a glance at Trowa. The long legged man was busy eating his own ice cream, eyes trained on the television watching a cooking show. "Trowa?"

 

"Hmmm?"

 

"You haven't eaten any of my ice cream, have you?"

 

"No," Trowa replied absently.

 

"You sure? There seems to be some of it missing." Duo was really puzzled now.

 

"Are you sure you're not mistaken, Duo? You could have eaten more than you thought last night, or knowing you, you may have snuck down for a midnight snack and not remembered," said Quatre, dipping into his own confection again.

 

"I think I know how much ice cream I had left, Quatre and I didn't sneak down for a midnight snack either," Duo growled. "And don't even think about trying to say I'm sleepwalking."

 

"I wasn't suggesting that."

 

"It still doesn't change the fact that some of my ice cream is missing. I know there was at least half a tub there when I put it in the freezer last night and now there's barely a third left," stated Duo with a frown.

 

Quatre turned to face his husband. "Trowa? Do you know anything about Duo's ice cream?"

 

"Huh?" Trowa was still involved in the cooking show and hated to be drawn from it, especially when they were getting to the good bit; marinating.

 

"I asked you if you knew anything about Duo's missing ice cream. Did you eat any of it?"

 

"No, I didn't eat any of it," replied Trowa, hiding his eyes beneath his bang.

 

Immediately Quatre was on alert. When Trowa hid behind his bang it usually meant he knew more than he was letting on. Carefully Quatre reached out with his empathy and felt the touch of guilt in Trowa's feelings. "Trowa, look at me," demanded the blonde.

 

Trowa knew his husband had picked up on his guilt, he never could hide anything from the Arab. Slowly he raised his eyes and tried to assume an innocent expression.

 

"Did you eat any of Duo's ice cream?"

 

"No, I didn't."

 

"Then where is the rest of it?"

 

"Errr..."

 

"Tro, I suggest you come clean," stated Duo, his eyes narrowing.

 

"I'm telling the truth. I didn't eat any of it, I merely relocated some of it."

 

"Relocated?" asked Quatre with a raised eyebrow.

 

"Where?" Duo demanded. He was annoyed to say the least that his ice cream had been kidnapped.

 

"Heero asked me to keep an eye on Duo's ice cream consumption and knowing how protective he can get with it, rather than risk anyone getting hurt by trying to take it off him when he's really had enough, I thought I would break the tub down into better sized portions."

 

"I think I'm old enough to decide for myself when I've had enough ice cream, Trowa," snapped Duo. "I don't need a keeper."

 

"No one's saying that you do, Duo. I just don't want you to make yourself sick or risk the wrath of Heero for letting you stuff yourself to the point of being ill," replied Trowa.

 

"Okay, okay." Quatre tried to diffuse the situation, he could see it rapidly escalating into a full blown assault if he didn't do something. He'd already experienced first hand Duo's reaction to being separated from his treat and he didn't think Trowa really needed anymore bruising either. "How about we come to a compromise here? Trowa, you tell Duo exactly where you have hidden his ice cream, and Duo; you promise to eat it in moderation and no retaliation to Trowa."

 

Duo scowled, Trowa looked annoyed.

 

"Is it a deal?"

 

The pair continued to glower at each other.

 

Finally Duo broke the silence. "Only if he promises not to do anything like that again. He wouldn't like it if I pinched his hair gel and hid it from him."

 

Trowa looked suitably horrified by that. "You wouldn't?"

 

"Wanna try me?"

 

"Okay. I won't touch your ice cream again as long as you don't over indulge," Trowa grudgingly agreed. "And you leave my hair gel alone," he added as an after thought.

 

"Done."

 

Quatre sighed. How many hours was it now until Heero returned? They couldn't pass fast enough for the Arab.

 

"Where did you put it then?" asked Duo.

 

"In the freezer part of the 'fridge in the garage."

 

"Tomorrow it comes back into the other freezer."

 

Trowa nodded in compliance. "Okay," he agreed and sighed. Only roughly twenty hours until Heero would be home and Trowa wouldn't have to worry about ice cream, Crunchie bars or possessed car seats any more. He couldn't wait.

 

Peace descended on the three again as they turned their attention back to the television. The cooking show was concluding and a documentary was about to come on. Duo stretched out a little more and dipped into his ice cream, the flavor dancing over his tongue and leaving him with the desire for more. As the documentary progressed so Duo's spoon continued to dip in and out until the tub was empty. He gazed inside and scraped his spoon around, determined to get every last bit; he resisted the temptation to put his tongue in and lick the tub clean though knowing how shocked Quatre would be at such a display of manners; or rather lack of. He snuck a glance out the corner of his eye to see what Trowa and Quatre were up to.

 

Somewhere along the line the blonde had managed to climb into Trowa's lap and was now seated comfortably there, head resting against Trowa's chest as he watched the television. The Latin had one arm around Quatre whilst his other hand held a spoon. Quatre held his tub of ice cream in his lap and Trowa was busy dipping into it and feeding his husband as they both continued to watch the screen.

 

Duo thought it rather sweet; then his eyes narrowed and an evil glint appeared in them. His gaze flicked from the pair to the screen, back to the pair and then to the coffee table separating the couch on which Duo lay from the armchair in which the pair sat. On the coffee table sat Trowa's tub of ice cream.

 

All alone.

 

Unprotected.

 

Waiting to be eaten.

 

Glancing back again at the pair who appeared to be completely involved with the documentary, Duo smiled. Stealth was his forte...

 

Moments later the tub of Flake ice cream was in Duo's lap and the empty Crunchie tub on the table. Duo began to dip in. It wasn't the same as his favorite but it wasn't a bad substitute either.

 

***

 

The documentary came to an end and along with it the tub of Flake ice cream. Duo managed to swap the two tubs over again and sat innocently on the couch. Quatre stretched and yawned, shifting slightly in Trowa's lap. "I think I will go to bed," he said tiredly.

 

"Good idea," came Duo's reply. "I'm going to head that way myself."

 

"What about the pup, Duo?" asked Trowa.

 

"I'll take her up to my room with me, she can sleep in her box in there," replied the pregnant man.

 

"Better take her outside first, Duo. I think she needs to go," snickered Quatre as he looked pointedly at the pup which had awoken and was clambering out of the box to sniff around with a funny expression on her face.

 

"Shit! Miracle, come here, girl," called Duo to the pup who simply ignored him. She didn't know what her name was, besides, she was too busy investigating this new place and finding a good spot to 'go'. "Ack! No!" cried Duo as the pup, having decided she'd found a nice spot, began to squat.

 

Quatre couldn't help the snicker as Duo moved as fast as he dared off the couch to scoop the pup up off the expensive rug just as she was beginning to trickle. "No, Miracle, not in here, girl," Duo scolded and carried the small animal out of the lounge, through to the back door and outside, carefully setting her down on the lawn. "Here's where you can go, girl. Not inside." Duo watched the small bundle carefully as the pup sniffed around the lawn and finally selected a spot to use as her toilet.

 

Trowa watched the American pick up the pup and disappear outside with it. He felt a little guilty for not taking the dog out for Duo but then he figured that if Duo really wanted the pup then he should be the one to take care of it, and not Trowa, otherwise the dog wouldn't know who her master was. The subtle shift of Quatre in his lap reminded him of his husband's presence.

 

"Coming to bed, Trowa?" The blonde's voice held a certain huskiness to it sending shivers along Trowa's spine.

 

"Mmmm. I do believe you promised me a little romp among the sheets with some ice cream," replied Trowa as he nuzzled his husband's neck.

 

"Then what are you waiting for? I'll clean this little 'accident' up and wait for Duo then check that everywhere is locked up if you want to go ahead and get things ready," murmured Quatre and flashed his husband his bedroom eyes.

 

Groaning softly, Trowa kissed his husband and reached for his tub of ice cream. "What the?" he said in a stunned voice as he brought the tub to his face and peered inside. It was empty.

 

"What's wrong?" Quatre asked when he saw the expression on Trowa's face.

 

"My ice cream; it's gone."

 

"What do you mean, gone?"

 

Trowa turned the tub upside down and shook it. "Gone as in empty, finished, nothing left, nada, zip..."

 

"I think I get what you mean Trowa," replied Quatre in a flat tone. "Why did you eat it all if you knew you wanted some for tonight?"

 

"I didn't."

 

"You must have, Trowa. Ice cream doesn't disappear on its own, melt maybe, but not vanish."

 

"But..."

 

"Don't worry about it, I'm sure you simply didn't realize you'd eaten it all."

 

"But..."

 

"I still have some Cherry Ripe left, we can use that."

 

"But..."

 

"You like the Cherry Ripe flavor, don't you?"

 

"But..."

 

"Of course you do."

 

"But..."

 

"Go on, get yourself upstairs, I'll be up in a moment and I'll bring the ice cream."

 

"But..."

 

"I'll go check on Duo and make sure that the pup is okay and that he gets to his room all right. I'll be with you shortly."

 

"But..."

 

"What are you waiting for, Trowa? You want to lick the ice cream off me or not? If you don't get moving the ice cream will be completely melted and of no use," the blonde stated as he raised himself from his lover's lap and began to go in search of the pregnant Duo.

 

Trowa sighed and looked at the empty tub again. "I don't know how you did it, Duo, but this has your name written all over it," he growled. He'd been looking forward to bathing his husband in Flake ice cream and cleaning it off with his tongue, now he wasn't going to be able to, he'd have to use the Cherry Ripe one.

 

Trowa wasn't all that keen on cherry flavor.

 

Maybe because he had allergic reactions to cherries.

 

He had a good mind to sneak out to the garage and pinch the remainder of Duo's Crunchie ice cream; actually, that wasn't a bad idea. Trowa gave an evil smirk. He could sneak out, grab the ice cream and use it tonight, then he could drive into the town in the morning and buy some more to replace it and no one would be the wiser. The more he thought about it, the more it appealed to him. Mind made up, Trowa put his plan into action.

 

***

 

Quatre had cleaned up the little mess made by the pup then went back through to the kitchen, closed the door and locked it before setting the alarms on the security system. Duo had returned inside whilst Quatre was finishing off the cleaning job and thanked the blonde for his help before taking the pup and heading up the stairs to his bedroom,. Quatre picked up the box from the lounge room to follow him. The blonde noticed that Trowa had left the lounge when he'd gone to get the cleaning things and his groin began to swell a little as he thought about his husband waiting upstairs, naked, in their bed for him. He hurried to catch up to Duo.

 

Duo decided to put the pup's bed beside his own and had Quatre set the box just to the side. He'd also brought some newspaper up with him and spread it out on the bathroom floor making sure to leave the door open after showing Miracle where her 'toilet' would be should she need to go during the night. Quatre hadn't the heart to tell Duo that it would take a bit more than simply showing the pup where the paper was to actually toilet train her; he was sure that Duo would figure it out after a few days and some 'accidents'. /Not unlike toilet training a toddler,/ thought Quatre. It would probably help Duo a little if nothing else and at least give him a little insight into the joys he would encounter when toilet training his child.

 

Leaving Duo to settle himself and the pup, Quatre headed towards his and Trowa's room when suddenly the alarm went off indicating a breech of the security system. Instantly Quatre turned and was heading down the stairs at full speed, Duo not far behind him and the pup yapping excitedly at their heels as she also tried to follow, tumbling down most of the staircase and ending up in an undignified heap at the bottom. It didn't deter the dog though, she was back on her feet and barking within seconds.

 

"What is it, Quat?" asked Duo as he met up with the Arab in the security room.

 

"Kitchen according to the system," replied Quatre as he turned to face the American.

 

Instantly Duo was across the room and reached into the desk drawer, pulling out a small hand gun. He went to the small safe, keyed in the numbers and opened it up, removing a couple of clips and loading one into the gun. He passed the loaded weapon to Quatre. "Safety's on."

 

"Thanks. Stay behind me." Both men moved cautiously through the house towards the kitchen, Duo having picked up the puppy and calmed the barking. In the distance they could hear the sounds of the other dogs drawing nearer and knew that Harim was on his way.

 

Sneaking through the mansion they finally came to the kitchen, Quatre taking position on one side of the door, Duo armed with one of his blades he'd grabbed from his room on the other side. Using hand signals, Quatre conveyed his intentions to Duo who nodded in reply. Just as Quatre launched himself from around the door jamb, gun aimed, Duo flipped on the light switch and the pup escaped Duo's arm. The little dog took off into the kitchen and all hell broke loose.

 

"Freeze!"

 

"We are trained Preventer officers and you're under arrest!"

 

"Put your hands above your head."

 

"Stay where you are!"

 

"Don't move or I will shoot!"

 

"He ain't joking either, he's a crack shot with the gun and I have a knife!"

 

"Surrender now, lay down your weapon and you won't be hurt!"

 

"Miracle, come here and shut up!"

 

The sounds of yelling and barking pierced the air, the added barking of the two Dobermans and Harim's frenzied shouts only added to the chaos.

 

"Oh, fuck!" Duo paused and stared, his blade poised in his hand.

 

"Trowa!?"

 

"Master Quatre, Master Duo, Master Trowa... Are you all right?" Harim burst into the melee, the dogs at his heels.

 

The noise continued for a moment, the Dobermans having spotted the pup and focusing their attention on the golden bundle. Sniffs, growls and a whine were added to the noise as the pup retreated behind Duo's legs.

 

"Saturn! Europa! Sit!" Harim commanded the dogs and sheepishly the two Dobermans obeyed. Harim then turned his attention to the three men. "What's going on? The alarm was triggered, is everything okay?"

 

Quatre lowered his gun as Duo sheathed the blade, both still staring at a sheepish looking Trowa. "Everything is fine, Harim. Thank you for responding so quickly," replied Quatre, his eyes never leaving his husband.

 

"Are you sure? There's no intrusion?" asked Harim as his eyes darted about.

 

"My apologies, Harim. It was me that set of the alarm. I was outside and didn't realize that Quatre had locked up and set the alarms. I triggered it when I used my key to get back inside and didn't clear the code," replied Trowa.

 

"As long as everything is okay," said the Maguanac, still not fully convinced.

 

"Had I known the alarm had been activated I would have gone straight through and deactivated it before resetting it. I thought Quatre had only locked the doors, not set the security as yet. I am sorry for the inconvenience."

 

"It's no inconvenience, Master Trowa. This is what I am here for, to protect you all. If there is no further need of my services and you're sure you are all okay then I will return to my cottage. Good night, gentlemen." Harim called the dogs who were still eyeing off the pup as if they would like to have her for breakfast and the three departed.

 

Once Harim and the dogs were gone, Quatre rounded on his husband. "What the hell were you doing outside?"

 

"I'd say that's pretty obvious," snapped Duo as he pointed to the tub of ice cream Trowa had tried to hide.

 

"Well, you pinched the rest of mine!" retorted Trowa.

 

"Can you prove that allegation?" replied Duo slyly.

 

"Errr... No, but I know it was you."

 

"What ever happened to the 'innocent until proven otherwise'? If you don't have any evidence to say it was me then you don't have a case," said Duo smugly.

 

"I may not be able to prove it but I know it was you." Trowa's eyes began to glint.

 

"So you thought you would just help yourself to my ice cream and no one would know, huh?"

 

"I was going to replace it tomorrow... with interest."

 

"What the hell do you want with my ice cream anyway?" asked Duo as he cocked an eyebrow.

 

"Ummm..."

 

"I'd like to know the answer to that too, Trowa," said Quatre as he eyed his husband.

 

"You're the one that wants to have a little ice cream in bed..."

 

"I thought we'd agreed to use my Cherry Ripe ice cream for that," interrupted Quatre.

 

"You agreed to it, I didn't. Quatre, cherries and I don't mix. I'm allergic to them," huffed Trowa.

 

"Man, this is way too much information for me," groaned Duo. "Look, use my ice cream if you want, Tro. I'd hate to be responsible for you being carted off to the hospital because of an allergenic reaction when you're in the middle of... well, you know what. Just make sure you do replace it first thing tomorrow." Duo's eyes narrowed as he spoke.

 

"Thanks, Duo. I'll get you three tubs in the morning."

 

"Three tubs?! You can't do that, Trowa. What the heck will Heero say?" stated the blonde.

 

"I really don't care," replied Trowa. "Besides, Heero will be back tomorrow afternoon and he can be the one to try and take it off Duo, I sure as hell won't."

 

"Look, guys. I'm beat so I'm going back up to bed. You two can argue all you like over the ice cream, I'll see you in the morning." Duo yawned and went to leave, only to be stopped by Quatre.

 

"Not so fast, Duo."

 

"Huh?"

 

"Aren't you forgetting something?"

 

"Like what?" Duo didn't have a clue what the Arab was going on about, he'd said Trowa could have his ice cream and he really didn't want all the details on what they planned to do with it so what was the problem now?

 

Quatre turned Duo around and pointed at the floor where a small puddle and trail sat. "I think Miracle got a little over excited earlier."

 

"Aw, shit!" Duo swore and then went to fetch the mop and bucket.

 

"Actually it's urine, Duo," shouted Trowa to the retreating back.

 

He copped the finger in return.

 

~ * ~

 

tbc..........