Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Chimaera ❯ Chapter 81 ( Chapter 81 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Please see previous parts for disclaimers etc.

 

Chimaera

 

 

Chapter 81

 

Heero scaled the stairs two at a time and headed for the nursery, muttering under his breath as he walked. "How hard can it be to fit a baby seat? Obviously they're doing it all wrong," he growled softly. "I don't believe that the three of them couldn't figure out between them how to get it into the car properly," he continued to rant to himself under his breath. Heero entered the nursery and spotted the seat sitting innocently in the corner, with four strides he was across the room and standing in front of it. He reached out and pulled it to the center of the room, studying the intricate set up of the many straps and buckles. He scratched his head and looked again.

 

Damn! Where had he put those instructions?

 

Heero quickly checked the box; nothing. He checked the chest of drawers, the shelves, the closet... Nothing. He went through to his and Duo's room to check in the filing cabinet just in case Duo had missed them in there. Nothing. Shit! Walking back out of their bedroom, Heero glanced at the carpet, he frowned and looked again. The carpet appeared cleaner? Or was it damp in a couple of places? Dismissing the thought for the moment, but filing it away to ask Duo about later, Heero went back to the nursery and the waiting baby seat.

 

He picked the thing up, fiddled with the straps for a moment and then decided that once he'd gotten it to the car it shouldn't be that hard to figure out where each strap went. Carefully folding the hanging straps across the main body of the seat, Heero exited the nursery and carried the baby seat along the hall towards the stairs and the waiting car.

 

The other four were in the garage, Wufei admiring the small sedan that Quatre had generously loaned the other two. Miracle was busy sniffing around the tires and the rest of the garage, there were many new and exciting scents here and she was determined to check all of them out. So intent on having her nose to the ground, Miracle wasn't looking where she was going and wandered towards the door, zig zagging across as she traced the scent of a mouse.

 

Heero walked towards the garage, baby seat in hand as his mind was running through the many possible ways to fit the thing. He tried to recall what he'd read of the instructions before putting them away. He scowled as he thought. He could have sworn he'd put them in the filing cabinet, he was usually very meticulous about things like that and it irked him no end that they couldn't be found. As he entered the garage, baby seat partially blocking his vision, he didn't see the little pup wandering back and forth.

 

There was a sudden yelp, then...

 

"Fuck!"

 

Four men whirled around at the sound of the yelp and Heero's yell that followed point zero one of a second after.

 

Miracle had been following the mouse trail and wandered directly into Heero's path. As Heero put his foot down so he stepped on the pup's back paw causing the pup to yelp in pain and shock and scurry away. Unfortunately the yelp scared the shit out of Heero and he jerked suddenly, the straps from the baby seat flying off from their crossed position and smacking Heero in the shins with the buckles before tangling in his legs and causing him to lose his footing.

 

Seeing the drama unfolding before them, Duo, Quatre and Wufei remained rooted to the spot; only Trowa reacted on instinct and shot forward with arms outstretched to catch the Japanese man before he could fall... and collided with the side of the baby seat.

 

He did manage to prevent Heero from biting the dust though.

 

Pity he ended up with a black eye to match the other fading one.

 

"Shit! Heero!" yelled Duo as he managed to get his limbs to move.

 

"Yuy!" shouted Wufei and charged across to help the other two out.

 

"I told you it was the devil incarnate!" muttered Quatre. "Oh, Allah. Trowa, Heero, are you two all right?"

 

"Fucking seat," growled Trowa as he placed a protective hand over the side of his face where the hard plastic of the baby seat had 'bitten' him.

 

"Here, baby. Let me take a look," soothed Quatre as he tried to pry Trowa's hand away from his face and inspect the damage.

 

Trowa reluctantly surrendered to his husband's mothering, making sure to put in the appropriate 'ouch' and moan pitifully as Quatre's gentle fingers explored the growing bruise and welt that was appearing. Could he help it if he wanted a little sympathy?

 

"I'm afraid it looks like you're going to have another black eye," the blonde stated as he finished his examination.

 

"Damn!" Trowa was really pissed off. He'd done nothing but suffer these past couple of days, what with Duo pinching his ice cream, getting caught pinching Duo's in retaliation, having the alarm go off on him and then having the errant piece of honeycomb get stuck in his husband's cock and nearly choke him when it did finally come free, was more than enough bad luck in his opinion. Trowa was fed up of it and this last run in with the baby seat finished him. He couldn't help it.

 

He pouted.

 

"There, there," soothed Quatre.

 

"Please say that we're going home tomorrow," Trowa pleaded. "I need a holiday, Quat,. I need to get away from all this madness, don't make me stay another day... please, I beg of you, take me home, Quat..."

 

Hearing the words spilling from Trowa's mouth, Wufei turned slowly around, his eyes widening and eyebrows rising in question. He looked at the tall Latin who was enveloped in the slightly smaller blonde's arms, his body trembling as he pleaded with his husband to take him home. Wufei didn't say a word.

 

Quatre gave the Chinese man an apologetic smile from over Trowa's shoulder and continued to pat his husband on the back. "He's had a few rough days," Quatre said to Wufei by way of explanation.

 

"No need to explain," returned Wufei and then lowered his voice a little. "I'm surprised that the two of you are still standing. I fully expected you both to have been committed and in straight jackets by now. A day in Maxwell's company is punishment enough... but a week? Are you sure he's going to be okay?"

 

"He'll be fine once he gets back home. It's that evil thing that was the final straw," replied Quatre and nodded towards the baby seat.

 

Wufei shook his head. "I trust your judgment." With that Wufei turned back to the others, Duo checking his lover over for injuries whilst Heero tried to reassure Duo that he was perfectly all right; despite the pain in his shins.

 

"I told you that baby seat was evil," snapped Duo as he tried to undo Heero's jeans.

 

"Duo! What the hell are you doing?" growled Heero as he fought to keep his pants on.

 

"Checking that you're okay," replied Duo in a voice that clearly said 'what the heck does it look like I'm doing?'

 

"I'm fine, Duo. I simply stepped on the dog and the yelp made me jump, Trowa caught me and there's no harm done... At least not to me, I think Trowa could use a little sympathy though."

 

"Shit! You stepped on Miracle. I hope she's okay. Miracle?... Miracle?... Come here, girl." Duo turned away from Heero, completely forgetting all about his injured lover and looking for the little pup that could be seriously hurt.

 

"You stepped on the dog?" echoed Quatre and immediately let go of Trowa to help Duo in his search for the pup.

 

Miracle had taken refuge under the work bench, cowering in the corner and shivering a little as she licked her bruised paw. She heard her master's voice calling and whilst she still had to learn her name it sounded like he was calling for her. It was the usual tone he used when addressing her so Miracle pulled herself to her feet and cautiously made her way out from under the bench. She paused when her head stuck out and looked around, she didn't want to get hurt again.

 

"Miracle? Oh, there you are, girl." Duo walked over to the work bench and dropped to his knees by where the pup had her head sticking out. "Come here, sweetie, and let's see if you're okay." Duo reached for the little pup's collar and pulled her out from underneath the bench to sit in his lap. He ran his hand over her head, murmuring softly to her as he worked his way to her back paw. Gently he took it in his hand and probed around, Miracle flinching a little when he pushed a little too hard on the bruised spot. "Looks like you're lucky this time, girl. Nothing feels broken. I'd say you're just bruised." He gave the pup a cuddle before standing up and walking back over to the rest of the group.

 

"Is she okay?" asked Quatre.

 

"Yeah, she'll be fine, Quat. Heero just bruised her back paw that's all."

 

"Well, that's good news," replied the blonde.

 

Heero looked at Trowa who looked back at Heero with the same expression on his face. Neither one could believe that their respective partners were more concerned over the dog than them.

 

"Well, I'm pleased to note that the dog is going to be okay," said Heero sarcastically. "Too bad that Trowa nearly lost his eye and my shins are badly bruised, as long as the pup is not hurt."

 

The sarcasm went straight over the heads of the blonde and Duo.

 

"She will be fine, Heero," replied Duo as he continued to pet the pup.

 

"You going to try and get that thing in now?" asked Quatre as he began to back up a little.

 

"I thought that was the whole purpose for bringing the thing down here," snapped Heero as he carefully made sure that the straps were again across the seat before moving towards the car.

 

"Okay, I'll just wait over here then," said Quatre as he backed away towards the door.

 

"Think I'll stand with you," said Duo and followed, Miracle still in his arms.

 

"I'm not standing here in the line of fire," stated Trowa and quickly joined his husband and Duo by the door.

 

"Weaklings," muttered Wufei.

 

"Don't care," retorted Quatre with a huff.

 

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but that baby seat is likely to decapitate me," responded Duo. "And I personally don't want to be anywhere near that evil thing once you start to try and secure the straps."

 

"What they said,…" muttered Trowa with a shrug of his shoulders. "What can I say? I value my life."

 

Heero gave a grunt and proceeded to the back of the sedan where Wufei had opened the door for him.

 

"Did you look for the instructions, Yuy?"

 

"Hn. They aren't where I put them."

 

"Well, it shouldn't be that hard to figure out. If you can pilot a Gundam and follow Une's assignment specs then this should be a piece of cake."

 

Heero simply nodded. He only hoped it wasn't a rock cake. He managed to slide the seat inside the car and position it in the center. Lifting the straps off the main body of the baby seat he studied each one intently, gauging the length of webbing, buckle situation and available holes for straps to go through. He paused for a moment to address Wufei.

 

"From what I can tell, this strap needs to go through here, then that strap goes across there, this one should secure to the back and then the seat belt passes through here to be clipped into there."

 

"If you say so."

 

"I'll need a spanner. Could you get one for me please, Chang?"

 

Wufei duly departed to fetch the spanner from the bench, passing the other three on his way.

 

"Has it gotten him yet?"

 

"It's awfully quiet over there."

 

"He's working out the best position for the seat and then will install it," replied Wufei to their questions as he picked up a spanner from the bench.

 

"Don't tell me he's going to beat it into submission," stated Duo as he watched Wufei pick up the spanner.

 

"Maxwell... He needs this for the bolts." Wufei rolled his eyes in frustration.

 

"Errr.... I knew that. Just tell him it's fine with me if he wants to clock it one, I wish I'd had the spanner when the damn thing went for me."

 

Shaking his head, Wufei took the spanner back to Heero and handed it over. "Got it figured out?"

 

"Think so," came the muffled reply.

 

There was a series of grunts, sounds of scraping, a couple of thumps and a sigh.

 

The three by the door began to inch back slowly, their curiosity getting the better of them. Had Heero managed to do what the three of them had failed to? As they drew closer so they could hear the sounds of Heero's voice as he muttered away to himself.

 

"Three grown men, ex Gundam pilots and they can't fit a baby seat without getting injured. What is this....? Arggghhhh! Fucking hell! You son of a bitch! YOU BASTARD!!! OW! FUCK THAT HURT!!!"

 

There were the sounds of something flying around and connecting with another object... repeatedly. Heero's cursing followed, along with a couple of thumps and then a blood curdling half scream half moan of agony and then everything went quiet.

 

"Shit! Heero! HEERO!" screamed Duo and dropping the pup to Quatre's hands, the pregnant man took off to the car and his lover. "I knew it, that bastard, evil spawn of Satan has got him!"

 

Wufei was also there in an instant, the scene of carnage before him causing his breath to catch. The baby seat sat innocently in the center of the back seat, however.... The seat belt, straps, bolt and spanner were all mixed up together in a tangle. Caught in the center of it and looking completely helpless was Yuy. "Are you all right?"

 

"Iie."

 

"Heero... Shit, Heero, can you move? What did it do to you? Are you still alive?" asked Duo as he tried to get to his lover, elbowing Wufei out of the way.

 

There was blood seeping from Heero's hair line and his cheek was swelling rapidly. "Just get me out... please?" Heero's voice was a little strained.

 

"Sure thing, Heero. Just hang on a minute." Duo began to run his eyes over the tangle of straps. "Wuffy, can you go around to the other side and give me a hand? I can't get fully inside with this belly and I'll need help from that side to untangle this mess."

 

Wufei scowled at the misuse of his name but proceeded to the other side of the car as asked.

 

"Quat, go up to the house and get the first aid kit, Heero's bleeding. Oh, grab a steak whilst you're at it would you?" barked Duo.

 

"Duo, I don't think that now is the time to be thinking about eating..." began the blonde as he passed the pup to Trowa.

 

"I don't want to fucking eat it! I want it for Heero's face!"

 

"Heh, sorry." Quatre took off to the house at a run.

 

Duo returned to his task of untangling his lover from the baby seat. "I told you this thing was dangerous," he muttered as he worked. "Here, hang on to that, Wuffy. These things should be banned, they're more dangerous than a drunk Ozzie with a mobile suit at his disposal. Shit, Heero, how the hell did you manage to get into this tangle. Ow! Don't pull on it, Wu!"

 

Gradually the pair managed to sort through the straps and begin to untangle Heero.

 

Quatre returned with the first aid kit and the requested steak, setting them down on the work bench and turning to Trowa. "Haven't they got him out yet?"

 

"No. It appears he's rather caught up. They may need the fire brigade at this rate."

 

"Oh, I hope not," replied the blonde. "Shit! Watch out Trowa, Miracle's trying to get at the steak."

 

Trowa clutched the pup a little tighter as she squirmed in his arms. She'd scented the meat and wanted a bite of it.

 

Meanwhile, back at the car, Duo had almost freed Heero. "Nearly there, buddy. Just gotta move this..."

 

"Duo! Don't move that, the spanner..." Heero didn't get a chance to finish his sentence, Duo moved the baby seat slightly to aid him in freeing the strap and the spanner jolted free from where it was currently sitting...

 

...and fell.

 

Heero watched as time seemed to slow down. The spanner teetered for a moment and then began to descend, right for him.

 

Right for his groin.

 

And there wasn't a damn thing he could do to stop it.

 

"AGGHHH! HOLY FUCKING HELL!!!!"

 

Both Wufei and Duo stared in horror as the spanner connected with Heero's groin. Wufei shuddered as the impact sounded; Duo felt his own genitals huddle and try to climb inside his body. Heero screamed and then thrashed as he tried desperately to cup his abused balls.

 

With Heero's thrashing so the last of the straps holding him down released, flying through the air and Duo only just managed to duck in time. The seat belt shot free and recoiled rapidly into its holder, giving Wufei a friction burn to his arm as it shot past him.

 

Heero curled protectively into himself, huddled on the back seat of the car, hands between his legs as he tried to fight off the nauseating pain in his testicles. Duo tried to drag him out, only to be stopped by Trowa.

 

"Here, let me, you'll hurt yourself," said the Latin as he gently pushed Duo to the side and helped Heero out of the car. Once Heero was safely out, Trowa carried the injured man over to the doorway where he could get some fresh air, Duo hovering protectively behind him. Gently he set Heero down and let Duo take over.

 

"You all right, Heero?" Duo's voice wavered slightly as he rubbed Heero's back.

 

"I think you can forget about having any more children, Duo," Heero managed to get out, his voice a little strained and high.

 

Behind them Quatre couldn't help the snicker.

 

"Fuck, Heero. Does it hurt a lot?" Amethyst eyes were full of concern as Duo gazed helplessly at his lover.

 

"It hurts like a bitch," replied Heero, his eyes watering as he rubbed gently at his abused groin.

 

"The pain should pass shortly," stated Trowa in a sympathetic tone.

 

"I can get you some ice for it," said Quatre helpfully.

 

Heero gave him a murderous glare.

 

"Maybe not then."

 

"I'll kiss it better later for you," whispered Duo into Heero's ear.

 

The moan that followed wasn't entirely due to the pain.

 

"Let's have a look at that head wound while you're recovering," said Trowa briskly. He decided that the Japanese man had suffered enough and it was time to take action and divert the attention away from Heero's damaged assets. Trowa reached for the first aid kit. "Ah, shit!"

 

"What?" asked Duo and Quatre in unison.

 

"That damn pup. She's nicked the steak!"

 

Sure enough, whilst everyone had been occupied with Heero's predicament, Miracle had managed to get to the steak and had disappeared with it.

 

"I thought you were holding her, Tro?" said Duo as he looked around for the missing dog.

 

"I was, but when Heero started to yell and I saw you about to drag him out of the car, I dropped her to the floor to come and help you guys."

 

"Don't worry, I can go and get another one," piped up Quatre.

 

"They're all frozen," stated Trowa flatly. "That one was left over from the stew. I was going to cook it up in the morning."

 

"Looks like you'll have to settle for frozen peas, Heero," snickered Duo as he inspected the swelling to Heero's cheek.

 

Heero simply grunted; the pain in his balls having eased a little but he was still damn uncomfortable there. He just might have to take Duo up on his offer to kiss it better later.

 

"Fetch me some water would you, Quatre?" Trowa decided there wasn't much they could do about the steak for now so he may as well get Heero's head cleaned up. Quatre fetched the bowl of water and Trowa cleaned the wound. It wasn't deep, the bolt of the baby seat having just nicked the skin, but it was enough to open it up and head wounds always bled like a stuck pig. He applied some antiseptic ointment and covered the wound with a piece of gauze held in place by surgical tape. "There, that should do it for now. Any other wounds you need treating?"

 

"No. Thanks, Trowa." Heero's color was beginning to return to normal and the shaking had subsided. "Where's Wufei?"

 

In the excitement of Heero being belted in the balls and his subsequent removal from the car and treatment, everyone had forgotten about the Chinese man. They turned around to see Wufei exiting the car, spanner in hand and a smirk on his face.

 

"Errr... Wufei?" began Duo.

 

"Don't tell me..." continued Quatre.

 

"...You managed to?" added Trowa.

 

"You got that fucking thing in, didn't you?" snarled Heero.

 

Wufei tossed the spanner in the air and caught it, the smirk growing wider on his face. "The seat is installed," he said quietly.

 

"But... How?" spluttered Duo.

 

"Easy, Maxwell. It was child's play."

 

~ * ~

 

tbc........