Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Chimaera ❯ Chapter 87 ( Chapter 87 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Please see previous chapters for notes, disclaimers etc.
 
"Chimaera"
 
By ShenLong.
 
 
Chapter 87
 
The remainder of the week flew by for Duo. He was kept so busy with the wedding plans and training Miracle that the weekend was almost upon him before he realized it. The wedding arrangements were coming together nicely. He'd e-mailed Howard back but as yet he and Heero were still to work out what they wanted as far as the ceremony went. Howard had e-mailed back and said he was working on a version from his end and would send it through once he'd finished it, which he hoped would be in a few days.
 
Measurements had been taken and Duo had placed the order with the suit company for his and Heero's attire for the wedding. He'd made sure to add a couple of extra centimeters to the waistband size of his trousers as well as the shirt and jacket to allow for any further expansion of his belly, he just hoped that sunshine didn't go through a sudden growth spurt in the next three weeks! Trowa had replied and promised to make Duo's wedding cake to the specifications he'd requested. Trowa had also spoken with Siska in regards to the buffet and both he and Quatre were planning on arriving a couple of day's prior to the wedding so that Trowa could set up camp in the kitchen and help Siska out.
 
There weren't going to be that many guests but Trowa wanted his friends to have the best and after much consulting with Siska by 'phone, they had put together a tantalizing menu for the buffet. Only problem was, they weren't telling what was going to be available. Duo had tried every trick in the book to get Siska to 'talk', but she had refused point blank to discuss anything of the food arrangements with him. She was the only person Duo knew, besides Nurse Brown, who could resist his puppy eyes and pout. Duo wondered if Quatre put his Maguanacs and their spouses through some sort of 'How to resist the Duo Maxwell pout' course or something. Then again, the blonde was the expert when it came to puppy eyes and pouts so no doubt the Maguanacs had learnt very quickly how to best resist the pleading expressions.
 
Duo had narrowed down the choice of wedding invitations to three and printed the three out. He'd sat with Heero one evening, discussing them and finally making a choice. Whilst Heero was busy working during the day and therefore leaving Duo with most of the arrangements, Duo did try to involve his lover as much as possible. After all, it was Heero's wedding just as much as his. Quatre had offered his expertise and Duo still didn't know how he'd managed to convince the blonde that as much as the help was appreciated, they would do just fine by themselves. Duo wasn't always known for his tact, but in this case he'd pulled it off.
 
As Heero had said, Duo was the only person he'd seen manage to tell the blonde politely to 'fuck off and leave the planning to them' in such a way that the Arabian hadn't been offended and was quite happy to stay out of the arrangements.
 
Duo argued that he hadn't told Quatre to fuck off in the least.
 
Heero had countered with, "Maybe not in those exact words but the meaning was the same."
 
They called a truce and got back to the planning.
 
Duo had been quite happy to print out the wedding invitations on the computer but Heero had gone behind his back and surprised him by having the invites printed by a professional. Duo had at first complained that it had been an unnecessary expense but as Heero had pointed out, there weren't that many of them and he wanted Duo to have the best. Duo had promptly felt his hormones take over and ended up a sniffling, happy mess in his boyfriend's arms.
 
They were sitting together on the couch in the lounge room writing the details on the envelopes to post off the wedding invitations when Heero spoke. "Have you thought about flowers, Duo?"
 
"Flowers?" Duo turned his gaze to his partner. "I'm not carrying a bouquet if that's what you're thinking," he huffed.
 
Chuckling softly, Heero brushed the bangs out of Duo's eyes. "No, I wasn't thinking about you carrying a bouquet but we will need buttonholes."
 
"Oh, yeah," replied Duo with a sheepish grin. "Anything you fancy?"
 
"I thought that maybe a cream rose bud?"
 
Duo cocked his head. "Sound's nice. Any particular reason you want cream?"
 
"I don't care much for pink?" Heero replied with a raised eyebrow.
 
Duo exploded into laughter. "Given the colors of the shirts and suits I think pink would clash horribly. Cream would be a better choice, more neutral."
 
A soft kiss was exchanged. "Cream it is then. Would you like me to order them?" asked Heero.
 
"Actually, there may be some in the gardens," replied Duo as he thought. "We could always take a look and see exactly what there is."
 
"Only problem you're going to have there, Duo, is making sure that there's enough buds going to be ready on the day."
 
"Good point. Better order them then."
 
The silence descended again as each man thought about the approaching wedding. Then Duo broke the quiet. "I'm sure there's something we've forgotten, although I can't think for the life of me what it is."
 
"Got your note book?"
 
"Yup."
 
"Then let's go through it and see."
 
"Okay."
 
"Invitations?"
 
"Check."
 
"Catering and cake?"
 
"Check."
 
"Suits?"
 
"Check."
 
"Flowers and rings?"
 
"Check."
 
"Celebrant, ceremony and vows?"
 
"Celebrant; check. Vows and ceremony; in the process."
 
"Bride and groom?"
 
"Ch... I am not a bride!"
 
Heero snickered. "Groom and groom?"
 
"Check."
 
"Groomsmen, best man and the person giving away the groom?"
 
"Huh?"
 
"You know, attendants?" stated Heero.
 
"Err..."
 
"Shit. We haven't thought about that, have we?"
 
"Nope. I don't have it on my list. I guess knowing that it's not a traditional 'bride and groom' thing I forgot all about things like attendants." Duo chewed on the end of his pencil. "Do we need to have them?"
 
"I don't suppose we do, but I think it would be nice to have a best man, or two."
 
Duo thought about Heero's words. They did make sense in a way; even if this wasn't a traditional wedding it would be okay to have two best men. "How exactly are we going to do this wedding thing?"
 
"What do you mean?" asked Heero.
 
"Well, usually the groom waits with the priest or whomever with his best man and groomsmen whilst the bride walks down the aisle with her bridesmaids. Are we going to do something similar, like you or me waiting and the other walking down the aisle? Or should we both just wait at the 'altar'? Or do you think we should both walk down the 'aisle' with the best men behind us? Or should we have the best men waiting with the celebrant whilst we walk down? That's assuming we're having best men."
 
"I don't really know," replied Heero. "What would you prefer?"
 
"Oh no, you don't. You're not going to shove this decision completely onto me. This is your wedding too, Heero, and I want to know what you think, not just what I think."
 
Realizing that he wasn't going to get out of it that easily, Heero sighed. "I'd like to have a best man," he said softly.
 
"So would I," replied Duo, "but I don't want anyone 'giving me away' though." Duo assumed that being the pregnant one he would technically be the 'bride', but that was as far as the comparison was going to go. He was a man, dammit!
 
"I think I like the idea of us walking together and having the best men waiting with Howard for us. They will have the rings and can be our support."
 
"I'd like that too," replied Duo softly, a dreamy look in his amethyst eyes.
 
"Then that's what we will have." Heero took the note book from Duo's fingers and set it down on the coffee table. He pulled his lover into his arms and held him close, feathering kisses to Duo's throat and cheek. "Any idea who you would like for your best man?"
 
"Not sure. What about you?"
 
"I think I would like to ask Wufei."
 
Duo smiled. "I think he would be a good choice." Duo thought hard again. "You know, this makes it difficult for me now."
 
"Oh? Why is that?"
 
"I have to choose between Tro and Quat."
 
"You could always have G."
 
Duo snorted. "Not bloody likely."
 
"What about Hilde?"
 
"She's not a man."
 
"And you're not a bride."
 
"Besides, I've shared more with Tro and Quat."
 
The pair sat again in silence, thinking the problem over in their heads. If one was asked then the other might be offended or hurt, despite the fact that both men knew their friends were not the type to be jealous of each other. A light suddenly dawned in Duo's head and he turned to face Heero properly.
 
"I've got an idea."
 
"You're going to have two best men?" offered Heero.
 
"No! Shut up and listen. We haven't thought about music for the wedding."
 
"I'm not having that pounding bass shit that you call music."
 
"I wasn't going to suggest that, and it is music."
 
"Could have fooled me."
 
"I like it and Miracle likes it."
 
"Miracle howls to it!"
 
"So? She has good taste."
 
"More like it's the only way she can express the pain in her ears. I know exactly how she feels and sometimes I'm tempted to join her." Heero rolled his eyes.
 
"I was thinking more along the lines of having Quatre play the violin," huffed Duo.
 
"You were?" Heero considered the thought. "You know, I think that's a lovely idea."
 
"If Quatre is playing for us then I can ask Trowa to be my best man and neither is going to be hurt or put out as they will both be doing something we want and helping us at the same time."
 
"I think Quatre will be honored to play the violin," mused Heero.
 
"Maybe afterwards, once the buffet is over, Trowa and Quat will play in duet for us, that way we can have some music to dance to as well."
 
"Duo, I think that's a great idea and will keep everyone happy."
 
"See, I'm not just a pretty face after all," stated Duo smugly.
 
"No, you're not. You're more than that, Duo. You're handsome, charming, witty, intelligent, my soul mate, the love of my life and the mother of my child."
 
"Less of the mother bit," growled Duo. "In case you have forgotten, again, Yuy; I'm all male." As if to emphasize his point, Duo placed Heero's hand over his groin and immediately began to feel himself hardening.
 
"All male with a few added extras, little mother," whispered Heero as he gently squeezed Duo through his sweat pants.
 
Duo moaned softly and thrust his hips.
 
"I think I might have to see just how male you really are." Heero's voice was low and husky and he carefully slipped his hand underneath the sweats and through the flap of Duo's boxers. The warm flesh was hardening and increased in firmness with each touch of Heero's fingers.
 
"Ahhh..." moaned Duo softly.
 
Duo's increased libido never ceased to amaze Heero. He couldn't keep up with his partner some days. At first Duo had been concerned that Heero wasn't getting as much pleasure or satisfaction from their physical relationship as he was, but Heero was quick to reassure his long haired lover that he was quite happy and satisfied with what he did experience and that he simply couldn't cope with more; although he was more than happy to provide Duo with the release he craved so often either by hand or sucking his lover off. Now seemed to be one of those times.
 
Heero's fingers curled around the shaft and began to stroke, his grip increasing slightly as Duo's pleasure mounted. Occasionally he would run his thumb over the engorged head to spread the pearly drops. In his arms his lover rocked steadily, the tide of orgasm building until Duo couldn't take any more.
 
"Ahh... Oh, yes! Almost there..." With another couple of thrusts and slight speeding of Heero's hand, Duo found the edge, teetered and then fell into his release.
 
Continuing to stroke the now softening organ, Heero placed gentle kisses to Duo's neck, enjoying the feel of his lover in his hand and drinking in the sight he would never tire of seeing; Duo in the throes of ecstasy was simply breathtaking. As Duo slumped against him, spent and satisfied, Heero removed his hand from inside his love's sweat pants. "I'll go get a cloth to clean up with," he murmured softly.
 
"Too happy to move," murmured Duo as he continued to sprawl.
 
Heero chuckled and managed to extradite himself from underneath his boyfriend. "I'll be right back."
 
Once Heero had cleaned Duo up, they finished off their plans, sealed the envelopes and Heero put them on the small table in the hall to be posted the next day. Returning to the lounge, he brought the vid 'phone with him and plugged the connection into the wall socket.
 
"I thought it would be best if we contacted Trowa and Quatre now, before it gets too late."
 
"Good idea," came the lazy voice from the couch.
 
"Duo, I think you should talk to them, it was your idea after all."
 
"Awww. I was comfortable, Heero." With a grunt, Duo pushed himself to a sitting position whilst Heero punched in Quatre's home number. A few moments and the call connected, the screen fuzzed and cleared to show Quatre looking a little disheveled on the other end. "Hey Q-man, hope I wasn't interrupting anything," snickered Duo.
 
"Duo! Nice to see you. No, you weren't interrupting anything, we were just getting ready to go to bed. Is there something wrong?"
 
"Nah, everything is hunky-dory, Quat. Actually I was calling to ask you and Trowa something. Is he around at all?"
 
There was a muttering from the other end of the connection and Duo thought he heard something that sounded like, 'If he wants help with any other baby apparatus tell him to fuck off', before a disgruntled looking Trowa appeared behind the blonde who had shifted to fetch his husband.
 
"Hey, Trowa."
 
"Duo," the green eyed man nodded. "What is it this time?"
 
"Actually I was calling to see if you, Quatre, would play your violin for us at the wedding, you know, be the music for us to walk down the aisle together and then after the ceremony and vows. Also if the pair of you would like to be the music entertainment for part of the reception afterwards."
 
Quatre's face lit up and Duo was nearly blinded by the wattage of the smile. "Duo! I'd love to play for your wedding, I'd be honored to and we'd love to play at the reception as well."
 
"We would?" blinked Trowa.
 
"Yes, we would," hissed Quatre and elbowed his husband in the hip.
 
"Thanks, man. That would be great."
 
"No problem, Duo. Anything in particular you want playing?"
 
"I'll chat to you about that a little closer to the date but if you want to pick out some pieces in the meantime I'm sure we can work something out. Now, Trowa. I have something I'd like you to do for me..."
 
"No, I will not go anywhere near baby seats, cots, bouncers, strollers or anything else infantile."
 
Duo chuckled. "I wasn't going to ask anything along those lines. Actually I was going to ask you if you would be my best man."
 
Trowa froze. /Duo wanted him to be his best man?/ He looked into the vid 'phone screen. "You're serious?"
 
"Yup. I wouldn't joke about something like this, Tro. Heero is asking Wufei and with Quatre providing the music I'd be honored to have you as my best man; that's if you want do it." Duo lowered his eyes and bit his lip.
 
"Duo? It would be my pleasure."
 
"Then you will? You'll be my best man?"
 
"Of course I will. Thank you for asking." Trowa felt humbled that Duo should want him for such a prominent role in his wedding and Trowa was determined not to let the American down.
 
Quatre had tears in his eyes. "Duo, that's so sweet of you."
 
Duo was feeling a little teary eyed himself by now and Heero's gentle hand on his shoulder helped to settle his wayward emotions. Understanding that his boyfriend was becoming a little unsettled, Heero finished the call off for him and then gently led his lover to their bedroom to prepare for sleep. Snuggled up against each other, Duo let his mind wander, happiness flooding his system as he realized that everything was finally coming together.
 
"I will ask Wufei tomorrow when we meet up to move Nurse Brown's things over."
 
"Okay, Heero."
 
"Sleep now, little mother." Heero pressed a kiss to the back of Duo's neck and gently rested a hand on his partner's abdomen. He mulled over the wedding plans as he listened to Duo's breathing even out, signaling his lover's fall into sleep. He snuggled a little closer and let his own eyes drift shut. Underneath his hand, Duo's belly began to move and shift as the unborn child expressed its own happiness.
 
~ * ~
 
tbc.......