Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Devil's Due ❯ - 14 - ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

— 14 —

November 19, A.C. 204. Base. 10pm

For all that Chance really hadn't been interested in a bachelor party, he didn't protest the guys gathering up everyone to hit Sins.

Chai took Shin off to the male stripper area while Jordan led the rest of his friends to the female stripper area. None of them usually sought out strippers, but it seemed the thing to do.

Aside from teasing Paris, who'd insisted he wanted to go for the party, nothing of any real interest was happening, so the various guys decided to set the strippers on each other for lap dances...which was funny enough when the girls caught onto the game and would sneak up on their targets...

But it was getting damn loud from the male side.

"Wait, wait wait!" they heard someone cutting into the noise. "Wait a second...who's our bride-to-be?"

Chance focused on the wall separating the areas in disbelief.

"Come on, angel, what's your name?"

"Shin," he heard her say quietly.

"What a lovely name," he muttered in amusement. "Well, miss lovely," he added. "As this is your last night as an unmarried woman...we generally have a treat for our bachelorettes."

"My fiancé is on the other side of that wall," Shin noted pointedly.

The noise for this exploded across the room as Chance covered his face with his hands.

"Oh is he, now?" the man sounded highly amused. "Hey, husband? Your wife is busy..."

Shin laughed in disbelief.

"Wait, wait wait, did she just say there was a bachelor party here?" a woman asked, moving onto stage and looking the crowd over. "How many of you want to play bachelor party?"

"They came to the Seven Deadly Sins for a bachelor party?" another woman asked in evil amusement as she joined the first.

The crowds were going berserk.

"Jor, baby?" Chai's voice came through the microphone. "Chance needs some attention, huh?"

Shin was laughing wickedly.

"So...which is the fiancé?" the guy asked.

"Chance is," Chai explained. "Jor is my husband."

"Ooh, possessive," the man laughed wickedly.

"Chance?" the second woman asked looking around.

"Right here!" Xane shouted, jumping up and pointing the man out. "He's right here!"

Jordan started laughing wickedly.

Chance, however, didn't seem inclined to move from his spot at the woman's coaxing. The woman finally turned to his companions with a hand on he rhip to get someone to move him...which led to Trowa laughing as he pushed, pulled, and tugged Chance from his seat up to the stage.

"So, my fine gentle man," the first woman muttered, moving onto her knees in front of him and looking up to his eyes. "We're going to show you how to have a bachelor party...the Sins way."

Chance laughed even more, trying to step back as the crowd cheered happily. The other woman, however, was in the way.

"D.J.?" the second woman added after a moment. "Hit it."

- -

November 20, A.C. 204. Base. 10am

Trowa's box of the Bloody Mary mix was emptied fairly shortly as the guys all lounged around the end-room place. After the puking had subsided, the re-hydration started, which was a wonderful prelude to the severe bout of nerves one Japanese bridegroom began suffering hard.

"Come on," Wufei muttered, rousing himself to rise. "I'll shave you and trim your hair."

Chance laughed a bit nervously at that, but did follow.

"I need to go make sure Chai's all right," Jordan noted, rising to his feet. "I'll bring Chip back so we can get him suited up."

"All right," Chance agreed, then moved into the bathroom.

Jordan wasn't feeling great yet, but the Bloody Mary mix made him about ten times better than he had been. He knew that within the hour he'd be fine, and by two, when the wedding was, he'd be perfectly fine. The previous day had been taken up by a few run-throughs of the ceremony before the rehearsal supper and Sins.

He pulled into his house, noting that there were about twenty more females than he knew...okay, it was Shin's family and friends. They all blinked at him as he moved through the living room, and he was happy to see that they did have a box of Bloody Mary mix.

"Jordan!" Chip greeted him happily.

"Oh, hi, Baby," Chai muttered, moving blurrily into the kitchen after the boy. She kissed him, then sighed as she indicated the box. "We're out."

"Here," he slid the extra one he'd grabbed to her. "You and Shin should have had first pull."

"I made sure she did, but I took Chip out back while they all puked."

"I'll take him now. Do you girls need anything else?"

"We should be fine," she reassured him, kissing him again. She moved to gather her glass and water tiredly as he grabbed up the little boy and moved into his room.

"Morning, Jordan," Shin muttered, blinking up at him from the bed. "Is Chance all right?"

"He's fine. He took his Bloody Mary an hour or two before the rest of us woke up. Fei is shaving him and trimming his hair."

"All right," she muttered, then blinked as he grabbed the small suit.

"I'll take him back to be with the men, huh?" he asked the kid with a wink.

Chip grinned at him.

"Did you bring Chai some mix?" she asked, thinking a moment. "We thought there was some here."

"I did...and I haven't bought any myself yet."

She nodded.

"Come on, buddy, your dad is waiting for us."

"All right," Chip returned, bouncing over to kiss Shin on the cheek. "I love you, Mom."

"I love you, too, Zachary," she returned, touching his hair as she smiled at him. "Be good for your uncles...I mean, be really really bad."

Chip giggled and bounced from the room in front of the male.

"Love you," Jordan muttered, kissing Chai before she could take her drink. "I'm glad there's still a few hours before the ceremony."

She smiled and kissed him again, then took a steadying breath.

Jordan really wanted to stay and help her through the puking part, but Chip would probably be very uncomfortable to hear it, and maybe even scared, so he took the little boy by the hand, smiled at his wife...and led the child from the house.

They had about four hours before the ceremony started.

He had shit to do.

- -

November 20, A.C. 204. Base. 3pm

The saying always went that while everyone was looking at the bride, she was only looking at you, and Chance was very grateful that he had as good of friends as he did. Wufei's shave job had been ten times better than he'd have been able to do, and about two times better than he normally did...or something, anyway. The trim on his hair had been a long time coming, so he knew he looked fine, and the well-fitted tux sealed his own little deal.

Of course, nothing compared to his wife. She'd been glowing and gorgeous in her well fitted gown...and there had been no one else in that room except them and the priest...and Zach.

The little boy had performed his duty as ring-bearer excellently, and had been rewarded by instantly getting the pictures out of the way before getting to put on his own play clothes so he could run around with his cousins and be insane like a normal child.

The actual ceremony had been cut down to the shortest sweetest possible thing, and aside from him freaking out that he couldn't remember his vows–he had, and recited them how he'd practiced them, which made her tear up–the thing had gone smoothly.

Chip was staying with his grandmother for a few days while they went on their honeymoon, and then they'd get to settle in and be a family again.

The first dance...he'd never been much of a slow dancer, but following Shin's lead, everything else seemed distant...unimportant.

She laughed slightly, her own eyes tearing up as she wiped the tears from his face. "What?"

Chance laughed himself, leaning forward to kiss her again, still disbelieving the entire thing.

"Dad? Are you crying?" Chip asked, appearing between her dress and his legs, blinking up at him.

Chance laughed, leaning down to scoop the boy up and hug him as Shin moved in to hug them both. "I'm just really really happy, son," he explained, kissing the boy's cheek. "It's all right."

"But it's making Mom cry," Chip noted, frowning at the woman briefly.

"I'm really really happy, too," Shin noted, taking her son from him. "It's not sad tears."

Chip considered that a moment, then looked back to his dad again.

"First dance," Chance muttered to her, smiling slightly.

Shin smiled back at him, that same beautiful smile, then moved away from him as the crowd cooed over how incredibly sweet and cute that was.

Jordan moved up to Chance's side, offering him a tissue with an understanding smile, then turned and pulled Chai with him onto the dance floor.

Chance laughed a little to himself, wiping his eyes even more, then noticed the windows as the sun seemed to shine brightly, even if there was a cloud covering.

Yes...yes...the November clouds were very beautiful...it wasn't just him.

- -

November 20, A.C. 204. Base. 7pm

"Chance, just a moment, please," Morris muttered, moving up to the man as he and Shin stopped beside their waiting limousine.

"What's up?" Chance asked, blinking at him.

"First thing you do when you get back to base is come to me," Morris ordered quietly as people demanded why he was interrupting the send-off. "It's my gift to you."

"We don't need any gifts," Chance protested, smiling at him.

"It's one I want to give you, but I didn't have the chance," the man clicked his tongue and winked at him before moving to kiss Shin on the cheek. "Just come, huh?"

Chance blinked at him, then nodded his acceptance–the man melted back into the cheering crowd, and the man shrugged at his wife as she slid into the limo.

"Get her pregnant," Chai ordered from where she stood with Shin's sister. "I want a baby."

"So have one," Chance retorted, flashing her a smile. "If I try, it won't happen."

Chai giggled and waved at Shin, who was laughing as he carefully moved her gown inside the vehicle before sliding in himself. His wife leaned across him when he'd rolled the window down to wave at the cheering crowd.

Where was Jordan? Xane? The guys? Where had they all gone? Chance blinked at the crowd uncertainly.

"What was that all about?" Shin muttered, resting her head against his shoulder as they pulled off.

"Chai still has to get used to not living in the slums," he noted, holding her tightly. He didn't want to admit his disappointment that his friends were out of sight. "She can get pregnant and it won't hurt anything."

"I think she's scared, if she's miscarried before."

"I should talk to Jor about it," Chance mused, kissing her briefly.

"Three whole child-less days, what ever will we do to entertain ourselves?" Shin asked wickedly.

"Hm, I wonder," Chance muttered in return, smiling down at her, then looked up to note a series of men standing by the gatehouse at full attention. "Look at that..." he muttered.

Shin turned to see as well before moving quickly to roll down the window and wave at them. The gate was up, so the limo didn't have to stop...but evidently Duty, a man who Chance considered a friend, had decided for a full show of respect.

They moved almost in unison to salute.

Chance studied that a moment before smiling and returning that salute...which released them from their stasis so they moved running after the limo cheering with champagne bottles spraying over the top of it...which seemed to be a theme as the various specialty unit members started doing the same thing, lining the drive up to the base from the main road. Actually, Wayne Miller and Logan Doll were standing about halfway down the drive, making an arc with their bottles, the streams crossing over the center of the drive as the limo moved under it.

Shinyue was laughing delightedly as Chance rolled down his own window, laughing himself...and then his friends appeared with the various seconds at the very end, where the limo had to stop...and threw confetti and glitter all over the wet machine, as well as into the windows.

Shin's laughter couldn't have been more true as she snatched a bottle from Xane, who was near the car...and took a drink of it, keeping ahold of the thing and toasting him as the limo started pulling away.

Xane shouted his approval...and the limo headed for the harbor. The four former pilots were standing in triumph as they waved after their friend with the five seconds cheering and spraying champagne at each other.

Chance...hoped no one ever outdid that send off.