Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Equinity ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G boys, I just borrow them from time to time and return them a whole lot happier, ne?

 

Rating: NC 17

 

Warnings: Sap, angst, yaoi, Lemon, AU, OOC

 

Pairing: 2x1

 

Summary: Heero is a successful up and coming Showjumping rider with his promising new horse Zero. A fall at a show renders the animal injured and it is up to Duo Maxwell the new vet to treat the horse.

 

Dedication: To Klingonpoodle who gave me the plot bunny for this fic. *huggles* This one's for you hun!

 

Many thanks to my betas Yami_Tai and Ryouga.

 

Archive: http://gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com

http://sweetlysour.net.

http://adultfanfiction.net

http://www.theforsakenwk.com

 

Notes: All the information on showjumping, horses, etc is taken from my own knowledge of the sport having been a competitor and now judge for many years and is written from an Australian perspective. The rules and regulations are courtesy of the E.F.A Handbook. (Equestrian Federation of Australia) Should you have any questions just e-mail me.

 

Many thanks to Yami_tai for the title! *hugs*

 

 

" Equinity "

 

October 2004 ShenLong

 

 

Chapter 9

 

Heero managed to drive Duo's car home without any trouble. He took it slow, the headlights picking out the road and before he knew it, he was pulling into the familiar driveway. He brought the car to a stop in the small carport that adjoined the house and got out, locking the vehicle before walking to the front door. The house was bathed in darkness, the moon having disappeared behind a cloud. Fumbling with the keys, Heero found the one he sought and unlocked the door. He stepped inside and threw back the bolt as he switched on the light. His home was really nothing more than a small cottage. Two bedrooms with a kitchen, bathroom, lounge and laundry. He tossed his keys onto the small table and went along the hall to the kitchen at the rear of the house. He turned on the light and sighed. The dishes still sat on the draining board from his breakfast on the morning of the show. He made a mental note to re-wash them. Filling the kettle and setting it to boil, Heero fetched a mug and tea bag from the canister. While the kettle water heated he opened the 'fridge and removed the carton of milk; he sniffed it and wrinkled up his nose. It was sour. Pouring the contents down the sink, he turned the kettle off; looked like he would have to skip the cup of tea.

 

He fetched himself a glass of orange juice instead. Sipping at the sweet juice he stared out the window, the moon had come back out of hiding and the yard was lit with a silvery glow. It seemed strange to see the stable empty. Usually Heero could see Zero in his stable from the kitchen window, but Zero was at Duo's, recovering from his strain.

 

Duo.

 

The thought of the vet brought a dull ache to Heero's chest. He'd fallen and fallen hard for the handsome man. Despite his injury and the injury to his beloved horse, Heero was happy in a way that the fall had occurred, because if he hadn't fallen then he wouldn't have met Duo. If he hadn't met Duo then he would still be plodding along in his usual routine, doing the same thing day in, day out. Not that Heero disliked his routine; on the contrary, he enjoyed looking after his horse. Work was the necessary evil of the day, required for him to be able to feed both himself and his animal but Heero looked forward to the end of the working day best when he could come home, change into his jodhpurs and ride his horse. Now that he'd met Duo he had an added reason to look forward to the end of each working day.

 

Glancing at the clock, Heero noted with a start that it was later than he'd thought. He needed to get to bed and sleep if he was to be at work on time in the morning. He quickly took his painkillers and anti inflammatories, washing the pills down with the last of the orange juice before dumping the glass in the sink and heading for his bedroom. He managed to get out of the jeans and turtle neck without too many problems and tossed them onto the chair. He'd put them through the wash in the morning before leaving for work. He found his pajama bottoms and pulled them on, opting to leave the top off. Sliding between the cool, familiar sheets he checked his alarm was set, turned off the lamp and settled down to sleep.

 

Fortunately sleep came quickly and Heero's dreams were filled with a violet eyed vet.

 

***

 

Duo watched the tail lights of the car disappear down the driveway, once they had vanished from view he gave a sigh and turned towards the stable block. A quick walk and he was inside, checking Zero's water bucket and re filling his haynet. "Your master has gone home, Zero," Duo said to the horse as he rubbed the animal's head. "I hope he's going to be all right."

 

Zero gave the nice man a soft nudge.

 

"If you're after more carrots you can forget it, buddy. There's only a couple left and they're for the morning. I'll call the stock feeders first thing and get some more delivered along with another bag of chaff and bale of hay."

 

A soft grunt from the horse was Duo's reply.

 

"I'm going to bed,. I'll see you in the morning, Zero." Duo quickly checked the bandage and gel pad, happy that they were still firmly in place. He had changed the gel pad again earlier and given Zero a half dose of pain killers. The horse appeared to be responding well to the treatment so far and Duo was quietly confident that he would make a complete recovery. With one last pat, Duo left the stable, checking that the door was secured before turning off the lights and sliding the main barn door across. He secured that as well then walked slowly towards the house, his mind reliving the evening and Heero's parting kiss. The memory of the kiss stirred his libido and the familiar warmth began to spread through his groin.

 

He stepped back into the house and saw the two mugs sitting in the sink. An ache lodged in his chest and he turned away from the sink and went through the house, checking everywhere was locked before heading for his bedroom. He turned down the bed and went to the bathroom to relieve himself. Washing his hands he noticed Heero's towel hanging on the rail and as childish as it seemed he couldn't help himself and picked it up, burying his face into the soft pile and inhaling Heero's scent. His eyes misted and the ache burned even fiercer. Mentally berating himself for the silly act, he reminded himself that Heero would be back tomorrow afternoon.

 

Leaving the bathroom, Duo went back to his bedroom and stripped out of his shirt and jeans. He tossed them onto the chair and turning out the light, climbed into bed. He lay on his back, hands behind his head and stared at the ceiling, his mind wandering back over the evening and previous couple of days. He couldn't deny his attraction to Heero and was happy that they had finally gotten at least that much out into the open. He knew he was being cautious but Duo hadn't been involved in a serious relationship before. He'd dated, sure; the girls for appearances sake and then the odd casual evening out with another man but nothing had stirred his heart like the dark haired rider. He was shy, that much he did know but he had good reason to be. Of the few male dates he'd experienced most had wanted an easy lay or one night stand; Duo guessed it was because of his hair and the length of it. Somehow it came across to him that because he wore his hair long most other men immediately assumed he was a submissive and therefore easy to take advantage of. They soon found out differently though and once they realized that Duo wasn't simply going to lay down and spread his legs for them, they moved on. There had been a couple of guys he let get a little closer, gone out with a few times and even done a little making out in the back seat of the car with; but he wasn't ready to take that final step with any of them. No, Duo wanted the one he lost his virginity to, be it as seme or uke, or both, to mean more to him than a simple partner.

 

Duo wanted romance, he wanted to be courted, to be accepted as an equal, treated with respect and courtesy, to be accepted for who he was inside and not his looks or body.

 

Duo wanted love.

 

He snorted to himself and rolled over, staring out of the window at the moon. There was something different about Heero. His inner instinct told him that this man was on a similar wave length to himself. The mere fact that Heero hadn't tried anything other than to treat Duo with respect when Duo had told him that he wasn't interested in just jumping into bed, that he wanted a commitment of sorts, to be desired for his mind and personality just as much as his body, spoke volumes to Duo.

 

Finally, here might be the person he'd been seeking, the one he could give his heart, mind and body to and know that he would be cherished and not abused or taken advantage of. He knew he was expecting a lot, he'd probably watched one too many romantic movies, or read one too many Mills and Boon romance novels, but even if his standards were high, no way was Duo going to lower them. No, after all he'd gone through so far in his young life, the sacrifices he'd made along the way he was determined to at least respect himself; and if that meant he set high standards, then so be it.

 

With a sigh he flopped over to his back again. Dinner had been sweet, a lovely gesture from Heero and Duo had thoroughly enjoyed himself. His pager had stayed quiet which was an added bonus so he'd been free to relax and savor the company. Despite them having to part ways, Duo knew the dark man would be back tomorrow and eagerly looked forward to seeing Heero again. Meanwhile he needed to get some sleep. He had Zero to take care of first thing in the morning, then surgery and all being well he could do some grocery shopping in the afternoon. At this stage he didn't have anything booked in for the afternoon so in-between morning and evening consults he was pretty much free to do what he wanted.

 

The memory of the parting kiss came back to haunt him and his body warmed. He knew he wouldn't get any sleep, not whilst his cock was stirring and demanding some attention. He slid a hand over his chest and tweaked one of his nipples, teasing the soft nub until it hardened. His eyes slipped shut as the hand wandered over the skin of his abdomen and slid inside his boxers. Fingers teased through the damp curls and located the rising shaft. He groaned as he fisted the organ, gently tugging and swiping his thumb over the swollen head, pleasuring himself.

 

The feel of Heero's tongue as it probed around his mouth flooded his mind and his cock jerked. Idly he wondered how that mouth would feel around the head of his cock, the mental picture supplied by his helpful brain caused him to groan and tug harder. His other hand drifted inside his boxers and cupped his sac, rolling his testicles in the palm of his hand and then squeezing softly. His tugs increased, the pleasure built and his hips began to thrust upward as the edge drew closer. Tightening his grip a little and giving one last swipe of his thumb over the engorged head, Duo fell over the precipice and into nirvana. "Ahhh.... Heero..." he cried softly as his orgasm raced through him, erupting from the small slit in thick creamy pulses, coating his hand, soaking his boxers and dribbling into the chestnut curls. Duo's hand continued to pump, slowing a little as he milked the now sensitive organ of all it had, satisfied with the boneless feeling that now resided in his body. Finally letting the limp organ slip from his grasp, he lay for a few moments, recovering, before seeking the bathroom and cleaning himself up.

 

Clean and with a fresh pair of boxers, Duo again climbed into bed and prepared to sleep. This time his satiated body was more than happy to comply and within minutes, Duo was asleep and dreaming of dark haired riders and carrot loving horses.

 

***

 

The alarm went off and Heero hit the snooze button. He really didn't want to wake up. He tried to hang onto the last vestiges of the wonderful dream he'd been having when the shriek of the alarm had disturbed him, but he failed. He rolled over and gasped with pain as his fractured shoulder connected with the mattress a little sharply. "Fuck!" he swore under his breath and quickly moved to a more comfortable position. He lay for a few moments longer and then decided he'd better get up and get ready for work. Sliding out of the bed, he turned the alarm off and stretched a little. He padded through to the bathroom and used the toilet before washing his hand and face. The roughness of the stubble collided with his hand and Heero realized he hadn't shaved for the past two days. He hadn't thought about it in his 'Duo induced haze' and now jolted when he remembered that he'd kissed Duo goodnight. The stubble must have been rough against Duo's soft skin but the vet hadn't said anything. Heero mentally cursed himself for his error. How the hell would he ever be able to convince Duo that he was the right person for the vet if he couldn't remember such a simple task as shaving?

 

Reaching into the bathroom cabinet he fetched his electric razor out and plugged it in, quickly dealing with the two day growth. He splashed a little cologne on once he'd finished and cleaned his teeth. Ablutions taken care of, Heero went back into the bedroom and pulled the covers up, he couldn't make the bed properly with one arm so he left it, it wasn't as if he was expecting company. Dressing was the next obstacle to be confronted. Fresh underwear and black cotton slacks were easy enough to get on but the button down shirt defeated him. It was as if the little buttons knew and flatly refused to pass through the button holes. After five attempts, Heero gave up in frustration; but he couldn't go to work without something on his chest. He rummaged in the dresser drawer and found a newish looking polo shirt. It would have to do. At least it had a collar and best of all; no buttons. Heero managed to get it on over his head and push his arm through the sleeve. With the shirt being short sleeved he didn't worry about pinning the empty sleeve, not that he would have been able to anyway.

 

Socks and shoes followed, Heero grateful that he'd chosen a pair of loafers for his work shoes, the soft leather footwear had no laces and slid on easily. The comb refused to tame his wild mess of chocolate hair and it slid back into it's normal state as soon as Heero pulled the comb free. He took a quick look at himself in the mirror. At least he was neat and tidy, if his boss expected him to come dressed in his usual attire of shirt and tie than he was going to be sadly disappointed. He picked up his brief case from the corner of the room and headed for the kitchen, remembering at the last minute that he didn't have any milk.

 

"Fuck!" Heero scowled at the interior of the 'fridge. There wasn't much in there that he could eat. Well, there was but with one hand he didn't have the time needed to whip something up for breakfast and cereal was out of the question due to the lack of milk. He grabbed a couple of slices of bread and dropped them into the toaster. Staring out the window while the bread toasted, taking his pills and sipping on the last of the orange juice, it felt funny not to be heading outside to put Zero into the paddock and feed him his breakfast.

 

The toast popped up and somehow Heero managed to get a little butter onto it. He gave up on the jar of jam though, he couldn't open the lid with only one hand. Stuffing a piece into his mouth he grabbed the car keys and headed out the front door. Dropping the briefcase to the ground he pressed the button for the central locking, pulled the piece of toast from his mouth and swallowed before putting the toast back in his mouth and opening the door. He tossed the briefcase to the passenger seat, took another bite of the toast, chewed and swallowed, stuffed the last bit into his mouth and climbed in. He buckled the seat belt, slid the key home and started the car. Minutes later he was on the road and heading to work.

 

There wasn't too much in the way of traffic on the road and Heero pulled into the company car park with five minutes to spare. He grabbed the briefcase and locked the car, running his hand over his face to make sure no crumbs lingered and smoothing down his shirt before picking up the briefcase and heading towards the front door of the building. He stepped inside and was immediately greeted by Freida, the receptionist.

 

"Oh, Heero. How are you?"

 

"Not too bad, Freida."

 

The young receptionist gave a snort. "Your face tells a different story. Shit, you must have hit the ground hard to cause that sort of bruising."

 

"My face doesn't hurt surprisingly enough, but the shoulder is giving a few twinges."

 

"Well, I think it's very rude of Mr. Donaldson to expect you to come in so soon after a nasty fall. You could have a relapse or something at any time. He should have given you at least a week off to recover. Didn't your doctor tell you to take time off? Rest and all that stuff?"

 

"Actually the doctor at the hospital who treated me did. He gave me a sick note for three days but I don't think that's going to make any difference," sighed Heero. He wouldn't have minded having a couple more days to spend with Duo.

 

"I still think it's disgusting. If you start to feel ill or that shoulder gives you any trouble then you let me know and I'll sort Mr. Donaldson out for you, Heero," the receptionist said with a defiant look in her eye.

 

Heero chuckled. He knew the young woman meant well, but she was no match for their boss. He also knew she had a bit of a crush on him. "I'll be fine, and I can fight my own battles, Freida but thanks for the offer."

 

"Anytime," came the reply as Heero headed off down the corridor to his office.

 

Entering the small office, Heero dropped the briefcase beside the desk and booted up his computer. Whilst the data base loaded he sat down, opened the case and flipped through the contents, pulling out a couple of folders he'd been working on towards the end of last week. As the computer settled so he clicked on the program icon for his accounting software and began his day's work.

 

***

 

Duo rose to the chorus of the birds. He rolled over and blinked lazily for a few moments before tossing back the covers and walking through to the bathroom where he took a quick shower, cleaned his teeth and shaved. With a towel wrapped around his hips he headed back to the bedroom and slipped on a pair of boxers,; jeans and a loose T-shirt followed. He quickly made the bed and then brushed out his long, chestnut hair, removing the tangles and then braiding it neatly once more. The kettle was the next part of his routine and when it boiled he made a cup of tea. Mug in hand he collected the washing from the hamper in both the bathroom and his bedroom, carrying it through to the laundry and dumping it on the floor to be sorted out. As he sifted through the garments so he found Heero's jodhpurs, shirt, socks and briefs from the Sunday. It looked like Heero had forgotten them. Duo gave a small smile and then a chuckle as the memory of Heero's dilemma with the zipper came back to him. He was secretly pleased though that Heero had forgotten the items, now at least besides Zero, Duo had another reason to see the dark haired man again. Not that Duo doubted for an instant that Heero would be back.

 

Having sorted out the clothes, Duo dumped a load into the washing machine, turned the knob and added the detergent. Pushing the button the machine sprang into life and began to fill with water. Finishing off his tea, Duo set the mug in the sink and unlocked the back door. Moments later he was striding towards the stable block and his patient.

 

Zero heard the footsteps coming and neighed his greeting, hanging over the stable door as Duo pushed the larger, sliding door across and let the morning air flood the complex. "Morning, Zero," Duo said as he paused at the stable door and patted the horse's neck. "How are you feeling today?"

 

Zero simply wuffled and began to search Duo's pockets.

 

"I told you, no carrots until breakfast," Duo chuckled and reached for the lead rope clipped to the side of the stable. The lead rope was attached to the halter and Duo led the animal from the stable towards the crush. Zero was still limping and refusing to take much weight on the injured foreleg, but Duo expected that. It would take time for the tissues to regenerate and heal. With Zero installed in the crush, Duo checked the gates were closed and then began to remove the bandage and gel pad. Zero leaned his head down and blew softly through his nostrils into Duo's hair, ruffling the young vet's bangs.

 

"Hey! Cut it out, will you?" Duo patted the horse away but it didn't deter Zero for long. His muzzle was back seconds later, this time though, Zero not only blew through his nostrils but he began to lip at Duo's hair as well, tugging gently on the strands.

 

"Oy! Leave the hair alone, buddy," scolded Duo, but his tone was amused. "I haven't got time to wash it this morning and I don't need horse slobber in my hair when I'm seeing clients."

 

Zero gave him and innocent look.

 

Duo shook his head and returned to the leg. The swelling had begun to recede and Duo ran his skilled fingers down from the knee, over the cannon bone to the fetlock joint where he pressed and prodded. "Sorry, my son," Duo muttered in apology as Zero flinched when he pressed on a tender spot. "At least it's not as swollen today," he said softly to the horse and straightened up. "Let's get some cold water on that and re-bandage it. Then you can have your carrots and breakfast." Duo walked over to the rolled up hose and uncoiled it, dragging it back to the crush. He managed to rig the hose to the side of the crush and turned the water on. The cool stream ran out of the end and after a few minor adjustments, Duo managed to secure the hose so that the water would flow over the foreleg and leave him free to attend to other things; such as cleaning out the stable.

 

Zero was quite happy to stand in the crush with the soothing water running over his leg, it was relaxing and the horse's eyes drooped, along with his head and ears.

 

Duo checked the animal again and snickered at the relaxed state of the horse. He picked up the plastic bucket he used for manure and the 'poop scoop' [1] and disappeared into the stable. Zero was a fairly clean animal, having selected one corner of his stable to use as his 'toilet' and therefore all the manure was in neat little piles close together. Duo sent a silent prayer of thanks to Zero and the horse's mother for this act. [2] Some horses Duo had admitted in the past and had to clean up after were positively terrible when it came to the stable, depositing their manure and then proceeding to play 'football'' with it, spreading it from one end of the stable to the other. It certainly made the task of cleaning the stable take twice as long, as it was literally like looking for a needle in a haystack.

 

Zero though had left his completely alone and it only took Duo a couple of minutes to scoop it all up and deposit in the bucket. He carried the bucket out the back of the complex and emptied the manure onto his growing compost heap. Duo gave the compost heap a look of approval. He would be able to spread it out over the patch of ground he'd kept to use as a vegetable patch soon. Returning to the stable, Duo put the bucket and scoop away then picked up the rake and spread the sawdust around the stable, leveling it off and making it all neat. The water bucket was next, Duo taking it out the back and emptying it out before giving it a quick scrub and setting it back in the stable to refill once he'd finished with the hose on Zero's leg. He checked the horse again, the water still running slowly over the swollen limb and then went into the feed shed to make Zero's breakfast. He cut the carrots lengthwise [3] and kept one back, depositing the rest into the horse's feed bucket and mixing the feed around.

 

Zero began to wuffle as he heard the rattle of the feed bins and Duo mixing his breakfast. He started a series of low whinnies though when Duo appeared out of the feed shed carrying the bucket. "You'll get it soon, Zero," Duo promised as he disappeared into the stable and emptied the feed into the larger feed bin in the stable and gave it another mix up. Setting the empty bucket down outside the stable, Duo turned the hose off and disconnected it from the side of the crush, taking it into the stable to fill up the water bucket before rolling it back up neatly. He grabbed a towel and dried off Zero's leg, the horse molesting his hair again whilst he did so.

 

Trying to put the fresh gel pad and bandage on the injured leg was turning into a trial for Duo. Every five seconds he had to bat the horse away from his head. It seemed the animal had a real fetish with his hair.

 

Zero was enjoying this new game. He liked the scent of this man, even if it was mixed with smells he normally associated with pain. The human's hair was particularly interesting to him; it was almost as long as his own tail and the horse couldn't think what the human would want with such long hair, unless of course he liked to flick the flies away with it too. The human's hair was soft and tickled his muzzle, Zero liked that sensation and so lipped at the strands, enjoying the teasing touches against his soft skin. He could easily dodge the half hearted attempts of the man to stop him and the more the human tried to make him cease, the more Zero wanted to play.

 

Zero was bored by himself. He wanted the company of either his master, this nice human or at least a paddock and seeing as how he wasn't getting the paddock and the time his master or this man spent with him was limited, he wanted to make the most of it.

 

Finally Duo managed to get the gel pad and bandage on and firmly in place. He straightened up and gave the horse a glare. "Look what you've done to my hair!" he scolded, but he couldn't put any anger in his voice, Duo had been rather amused by the whole thing. "And don't give me that 'butter wouldn't melt in my mouth' look either, Zero."

 

The horse gazed ahead, liquid eyes searching the vet's face.

 

"Oh, shit. How can I be mad at you?" sighed Duo and reached into his pocket, pulling out the carrot. "Here you go."

 

Zero took the carrot graciously and crunched happily on it.

 

"I'll just pop the 'bute in your feed and then you can go back in the stable. I'll have to go wash my hair now," Duo admonished as he ran his fingers through his bedraggled bangs. Moments later he secured the door to the stable, hung up the lead rope and left the horse eating his feed.

 

Arriving back at the house, Duo placed his call to the stock feeders, ordering some more hay and extra carrots, he had a feeling he would be going through a lot of carrots. With the order out of the way he shot into the bathroom to sort out his hair then grab a quick bite of breakfast before heading to the surgery and opening up for his morning consults. He hoped it wasn't too busy as he needed to get some grocery shopping done as well. A beeping sound came from the laundry as he entered the bathroom and Duo spun around. "Fuck! The washing," he stated and glanced at his watch. If he pushed it he would have just enough time to pop the washing on the line, clean his hair up and maybe swallow some breakfast. So much for an organized morning routine.

 

***

Heero sighed in frustration and flipped the page in the folder. His eyes were getting tired and his arm ached from all the extra typing he was doing. He looked up sharply as his door opened and his boss stepped inside. "Morning, Mr. Donaldson."

 

"Morning, Heero, glad to see you're back at work," barked the older man. "How's the Fletcher account coming along?" Mr. Donaldson walked over to Heero's desk and peered over at the computer screen.

 

"It's nearly finalized. I only have a couple more pages of data to enter and then there's only the lists to total. Once that's done I can work out the profit and loss margin and the audit will be complete."

 

"About time, Yuy. This account should have been finished yesterday, the company is waiting on it you know and we did promise them they would have it this morning."

 

"I'm sorry, Mr. Donaldson. As I explained to you yesterday, I did have a fall..."

 

"I can see that," snapped the man. "Your face looks like it's been through the meat grinder. As for your standard of dress..."

 

Heero sighed inwardly and braced himself for the barrage he knew was coming.

 

"I shouldn't have to remind you that we have certain dress codes here, Yuy. I expect all the staff to conform with them."

 

"I'm sorry but I couldn't get the buttons on the shirt done up with only one hand."

 

"I expect you to be correctly attired for your position within this company tomorrow, Yuy. Do I make myself clear?"

 

"Yes, Mr. Donaldson."

 

"Good. Now, this Fletcher account, you should have it finished by now."

 

"Like I said, I'm almost done with it, sir. I'm a little slower as I only have the use of one hand..."

 

"I don't need to hear your excuses, Yuy. You're employed by this company to do a job and you 'will' do it and do it properly, efficiently and quickly. Time is money and we have a lot of other clients whose books are waiting to be audited. We are already a day behind schedule because of your time off and I won't tolerate anymore of this tardiness from you, understand?"

 

"Yes, Mr. Donaldson."

 

"Have you gotten rid of that stupid animal yet?"

 

Heero's head spun around so fast he thought he'd given himself whiplash. "No. I do not intend to sell Zero... *Sir*." He couldn't help the slight edge to his voice as he spoke, nor the emphasis on the word 'sir'.

 

"I suggest that if you want to keep your job here, Yuy, you get rid of that thing, sell it to the dog food company or something, I don't need my staff unable to work because of injuries sustained pursuing such absurd pastimes. I expect the Fletcher account on my desk, complete and ready to file by one." Mr. Donaldson walked away towards the door.

 

"Excuse me, sir, but are you threatening me with the loss of my job if I refuse to sell my horse?" The anger was barely controlled.

 

"No, I didn't say that, I merely made a suggestion that would be beneficial to both our careers. Now, I have work to do. One o'clock, Yuy," and with those final words, Mr. Donaldson left.

 

"Why you low down, pig headed, up yourself, fucking son of a bitch!" Heero growled. "I'd love to see you sell your best friend to the slaughter house, you prick. Then again, I don't think you have any friends, you shit head of an asshole. God I'd love to let Duo loose on you with his scalpel and needles, he'd fix your wagon for you..." Heero was so angry he didn't care that he wasn't making any sense, all he cared about was several miles away being cared for by the other thing he cared about. Heero shook his head. He really didn't have the time to dwell on the threats that 'Old Mac Donaldson' as he'd nick named his boss had made. He still had the account to finalize and it was already eleven thirty. If he worked through lunch he might just get it done in time. Shoving all thoughts of revenge and possible ways of torturing his boss, including letting Zero use him for target practice aside, Heero returned to the account on his screen and began to slowly type away. Four o'clock couldn't come quick enough for him.

 

~ * ~

 

tbc....

 

 

[1] Poop scoop. A nifty invention that is basically a small basket type thing with holes in it and a separate handle with a square piece of metal attached to the end, sort of like a small shovel. You use the handle (shovel) bit to scrape the manure into the 'basket' then shake the basket. The bigger pieces of manure stay behind whilst the sand/ sawdust/ shavings, drop back out. I have 2 and wouldn't be without them.

 

[2] Most horses learn from their mothers in regards to their toilet habits. Some horses are really clean and only utilize one section of their stable/yard/ paddock to deposit their manure in. Others for some reason like to literally kick the shit everywhere.

 

[3] Carrots should always be cut lengthwise never 'round' when being fed to horses as they can choke on them.