Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Equinity ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G boys, I just borrow them from time to time and return them a whole lot happier, ne?

 

Rating: NC 17

 

Warnings: Sap, angst, yaoi, Lemon, AU, OOC

 

Pairing: 2x1

 

Summary: Heero is a successful up and coming Showjumping rider with his promising new horse Zero. A fall at a show renders the animal injured and it is up to Duo Maxwell the new vet to treat the horse.

 

Dedication: To Klingonpoodle who gave me the plot bunny for this fic. *huggles* This one's for you hun!

 

Many thanks to my betas Yami_Tai and Ryouga.

 

Archive: http://gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com

http://sweetlysour.net.

http://adultfanfiction.net

http://www.theforsakenwk.com

http://www.templeofthegoddess.com/files/gwyaoi.html

 

Notes: All the information on showjumping, horses, etc is taken from my own knowledge of the sport having been a competitor and now judge for many years and is written from an Australian perspective. The rules and regulations are courtesy of the E.F.A Handbook. (Equestrian Federation of Australia) Should you have any questions just e-mail me.

 

Many thanks to Yami_tai for the title! *hugs*

 

 

" Equinity "

 

October 2004 ShenLong

 

 

Chapter 11

 

Somehow Duo managed to get Heero to the house and inside. He half carried the man to the lounge room and sat him on the couch, propping him up a little with cushions. Checking that he wasn't about to slide off and fall to the floor, Duo quickly went back through to the kitchen, filled the kettle and put it on to boil. He didn't think that Heero was all that drunk, he appeared to be more on the mellow side, a little tipsy if anything; but not fully under the influence, something Duo was grateful for. Whilst Duo enjoyed a drink from time to time himself he very rarely drank himself under the table and didn't really like people that got drunk just for the hell of it on a regular basis. Heero didn't strike him as the sort that would generally abuse alcohol either, so for him to have got even tipsy said a lot about what must have occurred at Heero's place of employment; correction, former place of employment, he reminded himself.

 

He hadn't attempted any further conversation with Heero, opting to wait until he'd gotten some black coffee into the man first. He had to admit that Heero's revelation about telling his boss to shove his job was a bit of a shock. From what Heero had told him of the man he was a prize jerk, insensitive as well as arrogant. The fact that he'd told Heero to sell Zero was enough to put him in Duo's bad books.

 

Idly he wondered exactly what had happened to cause Heero to quit. The kettle whistled and Duo turned it off, the coffee was made and Duo carried the two mugs through to the lounge where Heero still sat on the couch, staring out at nothing. Duo passed him a mug and Heero jerked as he came back to reality with a jolt. Taking the mug he gave the vet a small smile as Duo sat down.

 

"You want to talk about it?" asked Duo as he sipped his coffee.

 

"Not really, but I guess I have to."

 

"Not if you really don't want to, but it might help."

 

Heero sighed. "Sorry about..."

 

"Forget it, Heero. Get some of that coffee into you, it will help flush some of the alcohol out. I'll make us something to eat in a moment if you're hungry."

 

"Arigato, Duo." Heero contemplated his mug for a moment, grateful that Duo wasn't pushing him for details. He intended to tell Duo everything that had happened, he just wanted to sober up a bit first and organize his thoughts into a more logical order. "I don't usually drink."

 

Duo arched an eyebrow.

 

"I was just so mad I guess I wasn't thinking straight."

 

Duo stretched his long legs out in front of himself and wriggled into the couch a bit, getting as comfortable as he could. This could take a while.

 

Running a hand through his messy hair, Heero sighed then took another sip of his coffee. The strong, black liquid seared a trail to his stomach, helping to dispel some of the alcohol. His head cleared a little and he knew he had to explain his actions to Duo. He felt guilty for showing up and drinking on the vet's property, he had no right to do that. He also needed to explain that he may have to ask Duo if he could possibly pay his account for Zero's treatment off in installments, at least until he got himself another job.

 

"What happened, Heero?" Duo gently prodded.

 

"I really don't know how it all started..."

 

"Why don't you begin with what happened when you got to work?"

 

Sighing again Heero knew Duo was right and he cleared his throat before beginning to speak. "I guess it all started when Donaldson got onto my back about not being in a shirt and tie...."

 

Duo sat and listened in silence, letting Heero pour out all that had gone on that day. He didn't interrupt, simply held his tongue and listened. His eyes narrowed from time to time and the occasional soft growl escaped his lips when Heero relayed the words the boss had spoken, the threats and pushes for Heero to get rid of his horse. When Heero told him of the final showdown it was all Duo could do to stop himself from grabbing Heero and kissing him for standing up to the man. He felt his fingers twitch with the urge to hurt someone for suggesting that Zero should be sold off and that Heero give up his sport.

 

"And so after all was said and done I told him that I quit, I didn't want to work for an asshole like him anymore."

 

"I bet that went down like a lead balloon," Duo couldn't help but say.

 

"Yeah, it did. He threatened to black list me; tell all the other accounting companies that I'm no good, lazy and tardy in my work. He even said he would speak with Mr. Browning, the company director and make sure that I miss out on the benefits that I'm owed."

 

"That fucking prick!"

 

Heero couldn't help the chuckle. "Don't worry, I told him I would also be having a word with Mr. Browning and let him know what an arrogant son of a bitch he has in place as branch manager."

 

"I certainly hope so. That asshole shouldn't be allowed to get away with such bullying tactics."

 

"He won't. The other staff..." Heero swallowed as he recalled the support his fellow workers had shown him. "They have all said that they will back me up if I want them too."

 

"They must care about you, Heero," said Duo softly.

 

"I won't need them too though, I had my memo tape recorder going the whole time and have the entire conversation on tape so Donaldson has cut his own throat. I don't care if I don't get my job back or any of my benefits, just as long as that dick head doesn't get to continue in his current position."

 

"After what you've told me, Heero, I'd say he can put his head between his legs and kiss his ass goodbye."

 

Heero stared at the vet, not quite believing his ears and then he shook his head, an amused smile on his face. "I'll miss Freida though."

 

"Freida?"

 

"The receptionist. She's a sweet girl and deserves better than the treatment Donaldson dishes out."

 

"Ahhh... I see," teased Duo. "Young, naive receptionist... easy on the eyes and with a crush on the young, handsome accountant. I can see why you would miss her."

 

Heero's head swiveled around so fast he was surprised he didn't hear the bones crack. "It's not like that, Duo!" he spluttered. "She's nothing more than a friend!"

 

"Oh, yes? That's what you say," Duo snickered as he continued to tease.

 

"No, you don't understand..." Heero caught the twinkle in Duo's eye and realized that the young vet was teasing him. He shook his head again and placed his now empty mug on the coffee table. Taking a chance he scooted along the couch to get a little closer to Duo then looked into amused violet eyes. He raised his hand to cup Duo's cheek and fixed the vet with his deep, blue eyes. "She's just a friend, Duo. You..." Heero swallowed. "You are the one I want to share more than friendship with, you are the one I'd like to get to know better, to share my life with, discover and enjoy all that the world has to offer... If you'll have me."

 

Duo melted and leaned into Heero's palm, nuzzling it softly. "I'd like that too, Heero."

 

Removing his hand from Duo's cheek, Heero took the mug from Duo's hand and set it next to his own on the table, then he returned to where he'd left off, this time though wrapping his arm around Duo's shoulders and drawing the vet closer to him. His eyes grazed over Duo's face, the slightly flushed cheeks, bright, excited eyes and soft pouty lips; lips that begged for a kiss and Heero wasn't about to let Duo beg for anything that it was within his power to give. He brought them closer together and then his lips were pressing against Duo's, moving softly over the sweetness, tasting and discovering the delights once more of the vet's mouth.

 

Duo molded himself into Heero's arm, bringing his own up to rest on the accountant's shoulders lightly as he parted his lips and allowed Heero's tongue to invade his mouth and deepen the kiss. His tongue sought out the inside of Heero's mouth, tracing over the sensitive skin of gums and palate, entwining with Heero's tongue and sharing a dance of sweetness as they discovered each other's sensitive spots and simply enjoyed the moment. Panting slightly, they pulled apart, foreheads resting against each other's as eyes searched and found the silent answer. Their lips gravitated again, slowly and sensually moving against the other, expressing the need for reassurance to each other through their mouths. When the kiss ended, Duo pulled back a little, his tongue tracing over his bottom lip, savoring the taste of the other man.

 

They separated a bit, leaning back into the couch, Heero's arm still draped over Duo's shoulders and Duo snuggling against the rider's side. "What are you going to do now, Heero?"

 

Good question.

 

"I'm not really sure. I guess I will get in contact with Mr. Browning tomorrow and the accountancy board; I'll need to lodge a formal complaint against Donaldson for the board to be able to do anything. I'm not sure what Mr. Browning will say or do though."

 

"Well, he certainly can't sweep it under the carpet," growled Duo softly, he really was getting comfortable resting against Heero like this, it was something he was sure he could get used to.

 

"He's not the sort of person to do that. He'll certainly make sure that the matter is looked into. I'll give Mr. Browning his due, he's a very fair and just man," replied Heero. He liked the way Duo fit against him and tightened his grip around Duo's shoulders slightly.

 

"Well, at least that's a start. Are you going to be all right for money, Heero?" Duo really didn't like to ask such a personal question but he figured if Heero didn't want to answer then he wouldn't, he'd tell Duo to mind his own business and Duo would butt out.

 

"I'll be fine," replied Heero. "I do have a little bit in the bank that should tide me over for a bit. I'll start looking for another job tomorrow."

 

Duo shifted as his mind engaged and he raised his head to be able to look at Heero. "You sure? I mean, Zero's bill... I can..."

 

"No. I will pay you what I owe you for Zero's treatment, Duo. I don't need charity and I don't expect you to treat him for nothing. That is not fair to you, you have a business to run and you have to eat as well. You charge all your other clients and Zero is no different. I will pay you, Duo; although..."

 

"Although what?" Duo asked, a small smile playing on his face.

 

"I would appreciate it if I could pay the bill off in installments if that is acceptable to you. I may not have the full amount when the bill is finalized and I can't think of another way to do this, I don't want to keep you waiting for your money, that's not fair. You treated the animal straight away, it's put you out of pocket with medications, feed and the like so it is only fair that you get paid promptly. If I have enough money I will pay you straight away, but if I don't, would installments be acceptable?"

 

Duo knew how much it cost Heero to ask that. The man was proud and Duo could tell he was used to paying his bills on time and in full. Rather than humiliate Heero and argue over the bill, he granted the man his dignity. "That will be fine, Heero. In fact I have some clients that pay their bills off that way already. They can be large at times and whilst I do my best to keep the bills as low as I possibly can, sometimes they can be quite substantial. Don't worry though, I don't bill until the conclusion of the treatment and in Zero's case that will be a few weeks yet."

 

"Arigato. I appreciate your understanding."

 

"It's okay. Besides, I have to get that demon of a computer sorted out before I can do up any bills," sighed Duo.

 

"Oh? What happened with it? It worked okay for me."

 

"You really don't want to know, Heero."

 

"Tell me? I might be able to help."

 

"I'm seriously beginning to think that the only thing that can help that box of wires and chips is going to be a lead dispirin."[1]

 

"Isn't that going a little too far?"

 

"Actually I think that's being kind."

 

"Uh oh, what has it done now?" Heero couldn't help the chuckle in his voice.

 

"Nothing much, just swallowed a bunch of files I'd saved, won't give them back to me, puts the information into the wrong section and then goes blue screen on me. If that isn't bad enough it then turns black and won't do a thing, not even turn off. Not only have I wasted a shitload of time but I've lost the clients' files and records as well. I'm sure it has a section in its memory banks that's reserved solely for torturing me," sighed Duo.

 

"Would you like me to take a look at it for you?"

 

"I don't know if you could be any help."

 

"I work with the things every day and I like to dabble a bit with programming in my spare time. I'd like to have a go at sorting it out for you if you'd let me."

 

"Okay then, Heero. If you're sure you don't mind that would be really good. I'm not much use when it comes to the technical side of things, give me a scalpel though and I'm right at home."

 

"It's a deal. I'll see what I can do for you."

 

"I'll pay you for it," said Duo softly.

 

"No, you won't."

 

"Yes, I will. You're not doing it for free, Heero. I can be just as stubborn as you."

 

"Okay, I surrender. Let me look at it first though and see what the problem is and what it's going to take to fix it. We can talk about payment after."

 

"Deal, only you're not looking at it now. I think we've both had enough stress for one day. How about something to eat now?"

 

"That would be perfect, thank you, Duo."

 

"I've got some steak in the 'fridge if that's okay?"

 

"I love steak."

 

"Anything in particular you'd like with it?" asked Duo as he began to work himself reluctantly from Heero's one armed embrace.

 

"I'm not fussy. I eat pretty much anything as long as it isn't spicy."

 

"Vegetables then?"

 

"Sounds good. Can I help?"

 

"I'm sure we can find something for you to do. Come on then, I'm starving. The sooner we get cooking the sooner we can eat and then we can kick back and watch a movie if you like."

 

As Duo went to move so Heero gently held the vet back then pulled him forwards and placed a gentle kiss to the longhaired man's lips. "Thank you, Duo. Not just for Zero, the bill and things, but for listening to me, letting me bend your ear without judging me. I'm sorry I was drinking on your property and a little inebriated. As I said before, I don't usually drink but after today and everything that happened, well, it won't happen again, I promise you that."

 

"It's okay, Heero. We all do stupid things, things we regret from time to time. I'm not upset at you for drinking or for getting a little, shall we say, merry? I can quite understand under the circumstances, only I don't think it's a good idea to mix the alcohol with your medication. As for listening to you, isn't that what friends are for?" Duo gave the accountant a warm smile and then pulled away to go and start making dinner.

 

Heero followed a few moments after, his mind working overtime as it began to come out of the alcoholic fog. Friends. Yes, that's what they were, good friends and Heero knew enough about Duo now to know that a relationship with Duo could only begin with friendship and then deepen into something more. If the friendship was solid then whatever was built upon that foundation would stand firm, able to resist the battering of the storms of life and emerge a little weather beaten but still in tact.

 

***

 

Heero was put in charge of the frypan and steak whilst Duo peeled and chopped the vegetables. They chatted a little more as they prepared their food, Duo asking the odd question relating to Heero's showdown whilst Heero discovered what the vet had been doing that day. With dinner cooked, Duo set the plates on the table, cutting Heero's steak up for him, much to Heero's embarrassment and Duo's amusement. Heero hated being dependent on anyone for anything, he was used to fending for himself; but he had to admit, it felt nice having someone fuss over him.

 

The conversation switched to Zero over dinner, Heero asking how the leg was coming along and what Duo thought the outcome might be. Heero laughed over the antics of his horse and Duo's hair knowing himself how much Zero liked to 'play'.

 

"The leg appears to be healing okay so far, although there is still a lot of swelling there. I've cut back on the pain killers but the 'bute is still needed and will be for at least another week yet. I'll see how it's going by next Monday and if the swelling has begun to go down significantly then I'll start to reduce the 'bute as well. It's really up to nature, Heero, although we can help a lot with the drugs and cold water hosing."

 

"Any ideas yet as to whether or not he will be able to be ridden again?" asked Heero.

 

"Still a little hard to say at this stage. I'll take another x-ray tomorrow. I'd really like to get an ultra sound picture of the leg but I don't have the machine, can't afford one as yet," Duo replied. "An ultra sound would give me a clearer insight into what's going on inside. The x-rays are good, I can determine the damage to a certain extent, but an ultra sound would show me exactly how the healing process is going," stated Duo and then continued to eat.

 

"Arigato, Duo. I do appreciate everything you've done for him so far."

 

"It's my pleasure, Heero. He's certainly one heck of a horse. If I didn't know any better I'd say he's almost human," Duo chuckled.

 

"Hai, he's got a way about him, sort of gets under your skin," Heero's voice softened as he spoke about his beloved animal.

 

"Have you done much with him, Heero? I mean, jumping and competing?"

 

"No, not a lot. This is his first real go at the big circuit. I started him off with the local little shows, you know, build his confidence slowly and then once he got into the bigger classes I thought it time to register him with the E.F.A. and start competing in the graded events. I did mainly D grade with him, spreading the shows around but he soon upgraded to C grade and then at the start of this season he advanced to B grade. I was hoping to have him at A grade by the end of the season and start off next year with the hopes of being noticed by the selection committee." Heero pushed his now empty plate away. "Guess I can kiss all that goodbye now," he sighed.

 

"You mean the International selection committee?" Duo asked, his eyes widening.

 

"Yeah, I thought Zero had enough potential to catch their eye and maybe make it onto the short list for the Nations cup. I'd love to make it into the training squad, even if I don't get to jump for my country it would be an achievement to have made it that far."

 

Duo whistled. "That's some goal, Heero, and I wish I could say that Zero is going to make a full recovery and go on to fulfill those goals for you; but..."

 

"I know, Duo. It's just one of those unfortunate accidents, nobody's fault, it just happened. All I can do now is pray and wait. At least I have two consolations."

 

"You do?" Duo asked as he cocked an eyebrow and stood up to remove their dirty plates.

 

"Hai. If he can't compete at least he's still entire so I can try to breed something that just might be as good as him."

 

"True," Duo replied as he stood next to Heero and went to pick up the accountant's plate. "What's the other?"

 

"He's had the very best of care." Heero wrapped his arm around Duo's waist and pulled the vet to sit in his lap. "No one could have done any more for him than what you have, Duo. If he's never able to compete or be ridden again it won't be because of lack of trying. I've never seen anyone so dedicated to their job as what you are. Zero couldn't be in more capable hands." Heero began to nuzzle at Duo's neck, feathering kisses across the warm skin.

 

Duo felt himself flush with the kind words and tilted his head slightly to give Heero better access to his throat. "I'm flattered, Heero, but I'm only doing my job," Duo sighed and snuggled a little closer to Heero.

 

They sat in companionable silence for a few minutes, Heero softly nuzzling Duo's throat whilst Duo enjoyed the attentions. Feeling as though he would fall asleep if he stayed sitting in Heero's lap any longer, Duo reluctantly pulled away. "Better get the dishes done," he said quietly. "You want to go through to the lounge and see what's on the television?"

 

"Sure," Heero replied and stood up. "Can I give you a hand first with those?"

 

"Nah, it's okay, I can do them, Heero." Duo began to fill up the sink with the hot water and put the dishes in to soak.

 

"Okay, if you're sure," Heero replied.

 

"Go find something to watch, Heero. I'll be through in a moment. Want some coffee?"

 

"Hai, that would be nice. Thank you." Heero put the kettle on to boil and set the mugs ready with the coffee before going through to the lounge room and turning on the television. He made himself comfortable on the couch and then realized that he hadn't taken his medication. He stood up and went back through the kitchen, explaining to Duo what he was getting from the car before disappearing outside and getting the drugs. Having taken them he retired once more to the lounge and began to channel surf, Duo joining him with the coffee a few moments later.

 

"Anything any good on?" asked Duo as he sat down next to Heero and handed over the mug.

 

"Not much. Documentary on channel two, some action thriller on seven."

 

"What's on nine?" asked Duo as he reached for the remote and flipped to the channel. "Ohhh... Ever seen this movie, Heero?"

 

Heero squinted at the screen and watched for a moment before the movie registered in his mind. "Isn't that `Phar Lap'?" [2]

 

"Right first time. Have you seen it before?"

 

"Not all of it."

 

"It's a great movie, want to watch it?"

 

"Sure." Heero didn't really care what movie he watched as long as he had Duo sitting next to him. He took a sip from the coffee mug, glad that his pain killers were kicking in. His shoulder really stung, especially after the strain of the day's work. Even though he hadn't used the hand or arm, the position he'd been sitting in at his desk and the extra load put onto his good shoulder had strained the muscles across his back and now the fractured shoulder ached like a bitch. He shifted slightly to try and ease a little of the discomfort.

 

"You okay, Heero?" Duo asked with concern. He could feel the subtle shifts of Heero's body and knew something was troubling the man.

 

"Yeah, I'm fine, just the shoulder giving me a few twinges."

 

"I've got an idea," replied Duo and moved a little on the couch. "Here, lie down on your side and put your head in my lap, that way your shoulder will not have any pressure on it."

 

Hero blushed a little but did as Duo asked, laying himself on his left side on the couch, head resting gently in Duo's lap. He managed to get comfortable and relaxed. Duo was right, his shoulder didn't throb quite so much now that the strain was taken off the muscles.

 

Duo let his hand drift down and began to stroke idly over Heero's fractured shoulder, keeping his touch gentle but soothing. It was like petting a kitten. Duo could feel Heero's warm exhalations as they penetrated the material of his jeans and heated the skin of his thighs and he shivered slightly.

 

Heero gave a low moan of appreciation, Duo's soft caresses easing away the pain and replacing it with pleasure.

 

"Not hurting you, am I?"

 

"No. Feels good," replied Heero.

 

Duo chuckled and returned to watching the movie, hand still stroking lightly over Heero's shoulder and then drifting to run through his hair, across his cheek and back to the shoulder. Heero's close proximity to his groin and the warm play of air over his legs had Duo worried a little that his body would react and cause embarrassment for him, something he really didn't need right now. Whilst he couldn't deny that Heero was an attractive and sensual man, and that Duo would love to explore a sexual relationship with him, he wasn't ready for that just yet and hoped he could keep himself under control. He tried to focus on the movie and distract himself from the warmth in his lap.

 

Heero's eyes were drifting shut. It had been a long, emotion charged day for him and the alcohol he'd consumed earlier had seeped into his system. Whilst the effects had worn off it had left him feeling mellow and tired. His body relaxed further under the gentle touches that the vet was giving him and he tried to concentrate on the movie. He'd seen parts of it before but never watched it through to the end. It intrigued him, the relationship of the racehorse and his stablehand reminded him of Zero and himself in a lot of ways.

 

Duo had seen the movie before and thoroughly enjoyed it. Watching it again only reminded him of the special bond shared between Heero and his horse. Sipping on his coffee, Duo let himself be consumed by the movie.

 

Eventually the credits rolled and Duo yawned. Heero shifted and raised himself from Duo's lap, muscles completely relaxed. "I guess I should be heading back home," Heero said quietly.

 

"You're quite welcome to stay the night if you wish, Heero," said Duo as he picked up the coffee mugs.

 

"As much as I would love that, I can't. It wouldn't be fair to you and I have quite a bit to do tomorrow. I need to contact Mr. Browning as well as the accountancy board and lodge a formal complaint. I also need to start looking for another job and I have my doctor's appointment tomorrow too."

 

"Sounds like you have a pretty full agenda."

 

"Yeah, you could say that. Thanks for the offer though." Heero smiled at the vet.

 

"You're welcome any time, Heero. Will you be calling by tomorrow?"

 

"Hai. I'm not sure what time but I will certainly be coming around. I want to see Zero and I did promise to have a look at that computer for you as well."

 

"Whenever you get here and have the time is fine, Heero." Duo walked through to the kitchen with the mugs and dumped them in the sink. "Are you going to stay for dinner tomorrow? I only want to know so I can take something out of the freezer, that's all."

 

"I'd love to stay for dinner, Duo but it's not fair on you to keep feeding me all the time. Please, let me take you out for dinner tomorrow."

 

"Heero, it's not that I don't appreciate the dinner invitation, but, can you afford it? I mean, you don't have a job at the moment and whilst you've said you're financially okay for a while paying for dinner is an added expense. I don't mind cooking for you here in the least."

 

Heero could see the logic in Duo's words and conceded defeat in a manner of speaking. "Okay, we will have dinner here, but only if you let me buy the food."

 

"Okay, if it will make you happier. You buy the food and I'll cook it," Duo replied with a grin.

 

"I should be going," said Heero and reluctantly made his way to the back door.

 

Duo followed behind and out into the evening air. The sky was covered in stars and a cool breeze blew around them. "I'll see you tomorrow then, Heero," said Duo softly as they halted next to the car.

 

"Thank you for this evening, Duo. For letting me bend your ear, for dinner and for not getting mad at me for drinking."

 

"You're welcome, Heero." Duo shifted a little closer and hesitantly placed his arms around Heero's waist. When his embrace wasn't rebuffed, he pulled Heero a little closer to him and tightened his hold slightly.

 

Heero wound his good arm around Duo's shoulder and buried his fingers in the soft hair at the base of Duo's neck, rubbing gently. His head tilted and he looked deep into violet eyes. "May I kiss you good night?"

 

"I'd be most disappointed if you didn't."

 

Heero allowed his lips to draw close and then press against the vet's lips. The kiss started out light but soon deepened into something more. Tongues quested forth and were admitted into opposing mouths to trace over sensitive inner tissues. They entwined and danced together, stroking and caressing each other as the kiss continued on.

 

Duo felt his body reacting, warmth flooded his groin and he moaned softly into Heero's mouth as he instinctively pressed his body against the hard planes of Heero's.

 

Catching the moan and returning it with one of his own, Heero pulled the vet even closer. He could feel the long haired man's half hard cock pressing against his thigh and his own twitched in response. He shifted slightly, whether to give Duo's cock a little stimulation or provide some friction for his own he wasn't really sure, but it felt good.

 

Eventually though the kiss had to end and the pair separated, flushed and excited. "I'll see you tomorrow then?" Heero asked in a husky voice that sent shivers racing along Duo's spine.

 

"You had better, Heero," panted Duo softly.

 

Heero pressed another fleeting kiss to Duo's lips and dropped his hand to the waistband of Duo's jeans. As he withdrew his lips so Heero let his hand ghost down to Duo's backside and unable to resist, he gently brushed his hand over Duo's right cheek before hopping into the car. "Until tomorrow."

 

"Good luck, Heero. Call me if you need any help at all."

 

"I don't have your number," replied Heero with a jolt. He'd meant to get Duo's number earlier but had forgotten all about it with the other events that were going on around him.

 

"Hang on a sec and I'll go grab one of my cards for you." Duo took off back inside the house and dug out one of his business cards. Quickly he scribbled down his cell number and went back outside. "The surgery number and my pager number are on the card. I've written my cell number on the back for you. The house number is the same as the surgery number so you should be able to get me on either of those. I usually have my cell on me as well as my pager so one way or another you will be able to contact me."

 

"Thank you, Duo. Here's my cell number and my home number should you need to contact me."

 

Duo took the offered piece of paper and slipped it into his pocket. "I already have your home number, Heero. You gave it to me when filling out the forms for Zero's treatment, remember? Although it's locked in the computer's memory banks somewhere and the way that demon is going I'll be lucky to retrieve anything."

 

Heero chuckled and raised his hand to squeeze Duo's arm. "I'll see you tomorrow. Sweet dreams, Duo."

 

"You too, Heero." Duo stepped back and watched as Heero started the car and drove off into the night. Once the car was out of sight, Duo went back to the stables, checked on Zero and locked up for the evening.

 

~ * ~

 

tbc.....

 

 

[1] Lead dispirin; again this is Aussie slang meaning a bullet. (Dispirin is a brand name of aspirin here in Aus)

 

[2] Phar Lap; This is an Australian movie made several years ago on the life story of one of Australia's greatest racehorses.

 

Note: To compete for Australia in show jumping you must be registered with the EFA (Equestrian Federation of Australia) and have your horse graded. The grades start off with D grade and go up to A grade. The different grades carry differing jump heights and widths as well as difficulty. A horse starts in the lowest grade and accrues points for the placings it achieves in competition. Once a certain number of points are scored then the animal moves up to the next grade and so on until it reaches A grade. The selection committee looks at the performances of grade A horses over several major shows to determine their 'squad' to be trained for representing the country in international competition. To make it onto the short list is an achievement in itself. (This is how it works in Aussie and from what I know it's a similar process around the world).