Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Equinity ❯ Chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G'boys, I just borrow them from time to time to play with and return them a whole lot happier, ne?

 

Rating: NC 17

 

Warnings: Sap, angst, yaoi, Lemon, AU, OOC

 

Pairing: 2x1

 

Summary: Heero is a successful up and coming Showjumping rider with his promising new horse Zero. A fall at a show renders the animal injured and it is up to Duo Maxwell the new vet to treat the horse.

 

Dedication: To Klingonpoodle who gave me the plot bunny for this fic. *huggles* This one's for you hun!

 

Many thanks to my betas Yami_Tai and Ryouga.

 

Archive: http://gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com

http://sweetlysour.net.

http://adultfanfiction.net

http://www.theforsakenwk.com

 

Notes: All the information on showjumping, horses, etc is taken from my own knowledge of the sport having been a competitor and now judge for many years and is written from an Australian perspective. The rules and regulations are courtesy of the E.F.A Handbook. (Equestrian Federation of Australia) Should you have any questions just e-mail me.

 

Many thanks to Yami_tai for the title! *hugs*

 

Please note that this chapter has only been betaed by one of my betas at the time of posting. All remaining mistakes are mine as I wanted to get this out to you all before Christmas.

 

Have a wonderful, safe and happy Christmas everyone. *hugs*

 

"Equinity"

 

October. 2004 ShenLong

 

 

 

Chapter 13

 

Duo found the discs for the computer and returned to the reception area of the surgery with coffee mugs in hand and the discs tucked into his pocket. He set the mugs down and then pulled the discs out and handed them to Heero. "Here they are. I didn't know which one you would need so I brought them all," said Duo as he sat down and watched Heero sift through the discs.

 

"Aa. This is the one I need," Heero said and opened up the computer's c.d. rom drive. He dropped the disc into the holder and the door closed, the computer humming away as the information loaded. Once the menu came up on the screen, Heero scrolled through and located the section with the missing file and began to download it to the computer's hard drive. He picked up his coffee mug and blew over the hot liquid, sipping carefully whilst the computer continued at its task.

 

"So, once you have that file reinstalled then the damn thing should work properly again?"

 

"In theory, yes."

 

"But?" Duo quirked an eyebrow.

 

"It isn't always that simple."

 

"Since when has anything in my life ever been simple?" asked Duo as he ran a hand through his bangs. "I'm beginning to regret ever buying that machine. The guy at the computer store said it was exactly what I needed and would become an asset to the practice. He even came out here and set it all up for me, including the program I use to keep all the clients details and accounts on. He didn't warn me that it was a temperamental son of a bitch with an appetite for eating all my files and information."

 

Heero couldn't help but laugh. "Computers aren't alive in the thinking sense, Duo. They're only a bunch of chips, circuits and wires, a series of programs designed to run in conjunction with each other and simplify tasks for us humans. They only do what we tell them too."

 

"Could have fooled me," growled Duo. "You ever see the movie Electric Dreams?"

 

"Not sure."

 

"It's about a guy who buys a computer to help him in his design of an earthquake proof brick. Anyway, this chick moves into the apartment above the guy and she's a musician. The guy meets her after listening to her play; the music travels through the building ventilation shafts or something so he can't help but hear her, and he decides he'd like to go out with her. The computer comes alive; don't look at me as if I'm half cocked, Heero, it's true, or at least in the movie it is. The computer's name is Edgar and it also falls for this chick and begins to compose music to try and entice her to fall in love with it, only a human can't fall in love with a bunch of wires. Edgar gets pissed at the guy for stealing his 'girl' and takes over the entire apartment. Suffice to say it's a pretty close call for the guy as he tries to get control of his life and apartment back from the computer." Duo finished his explanation and looked at Heero who was staring back at him, a little amused. "I have it in my collection so you can watch it and see for yourself," he huffed.

 

"Duo," Heero began as he placed his hand on the vet's arm. "It's a movie, things like that don't happen in real life. A computer cannot take over."

 

"What about Hal?"

 

"Hal?"

 

"Yeah, 2001 a Space Odyssey."

 

Heero snorted.

 

"There's several others too, Heero, I have a lot of them in my collection."

 

"But they're all just movies, Duo."

 

"Not to say that it couldn't happen though," replied Duo with a grin.

 

"I think we seriously have to look at getting you a social life," responded Heero as he shook his head. "You're watching way too much science fiction stuff."

 

"You offering?" Duo cocked his head.

 

"Hai," Heero replied softly and leaned over to brush his lips against Duo's. "I want to date you, Duo Maxwell, I want to wine and dine you, take you out dancing, go for long walks on the beach, go riding through the bush and camp out under the stars. I want to romance you, treat you like a king and make you fall in love with me." Heero suddenly stopped and lowered his eyes realizing what he'd said. His cheeks colored and he hid his face. /What the hell must Duo think of him?/

 

Duo, on the contrary, was sitting there totally stunned. He already knew Heero wanted to date him, hell they'd admitted their orientations and mutual attraction to each other; but Duo didn't realize the true depths of Heero's interest in him until now. Whilst his brain was busy trying to process the information, his heart was leaping wildly in his chest. He swallowed and cleared his throat. He could tell from Heero's body language that the Asian man was uncomfortable with his speech and so Duo tried to find the right words and actions to reassure the man that he hadn't done anything wrong. "Heero,..." he began hesitantly. "That would have to be one of the sweetest things anyone has ever said to me. I'm happy to be courted by you, to go out and do things together as a couple and discover all about each other, only, can we skip the wine bit? I have no objection to the dine part but I really don't drink." Duo resorted to a touch of humor to try and ease the tension that had surfaced between them.

 

It worked.

 

Heero gave a low chuckle and raised his eyes to meet Duo's sparkling violet, his hand cupped the cheek and he spoke softly. "Arigato, Duo. You really are an incredible person." He leaned forward and kissed the vet deeply. "Now I had better get back to this machine and sort out the files before it tries to take over your practice," he said with amusement.

 

"Be my guest and if it tries anything dirty, remind it about a certain soldering iron and the off switch."

 

***

 

Heero continued to work on the computer, tracing the files and folders, putting things back where they belonged and modifying a few things whilst he was at it. Duo left him to it, he didn't understand what Heero was doing and personally, he didn't want to know either. It all looked too confusing to him. He went back to the house to prepare the food for the evening meal, chopping up the chicken and setting everything ready so all he would have to do after the evening consults would be to turn on the stove. With the dinner preparations out of the way, Duo went out to the paddock and brought Zero back in. He'd cleaned the stable out and put the horse's feed in ready before fetching the horse. Zero allowed himself to be caught quite easily. Duo thought he may have had a little trouble seeing as how Zero hadn't been out in the paddock for a few days; horses were generally reluctant to return to confinement after spending some time in freedom.

 

He made sure to take a couple of carrots with him to be safe.

 

It was as if Zero could smell the carrots a mile away. As soon as Duo entered the paddock the horse began to limp towards him, giving low whinnies of delight then standing and crunching happily on the orange treat whilst Duo clipped the lead rope to the halter. "Come on, you. Time to have your leg hosed and treated then you can have your dinner." Duo proceeded to lead the animal towards the paddock gate at a slow pace. Zero was walking a little better but it would be a while before he was completely sound again. Duo was pleased with Zero's response to the treatment. It looked as if surgery would be avoided completely if he continued to recuperate at this rate. As long as the horse didn't do anything silly to aggravate the condition then Duo could see no reason for him not to make a full recovery.

 

Duo placed the horse in the crush and fetched the hose. Removing the bandage he checked the leg, the swelling had gone down by a good half of what it had been; a sure sign that things were on the mend. Turning on the hose he stood there and held it whilst the cool water flowed steadily over the limb.

 

Zero gave a contented sigh and lowered his head, ears drooping slightly as he savored the cold water on his leg. It really did make him feel better.

 

Duo gave a soft laugh and tugged gently at one gray ear. "You sure are a big baby. No one would ever think you were a stallion by the way you act."

 

Zero nuzzled at the leg of Duo's slacks and blew softly through his nostrils.

 

"You're enjoying all this attention, aren't you? Might as well make the most of it while you can, Zero. Looks like you're going to make a full recovery though and you should be out there soon enough showing them all just how good you are," Duo said softly to the animal as he continued to caress the ear and then pat the horse's neck. "Next time you jump, make sure you pick your legs up, won't you? I really don't fancy seeing you fall and hurt yourself again, you're too nice an animal to have something bad happen to you."

 

Zero began to nibble gently at the leg of Duo's slacks, grabbing the fabric between his teeth and pulling at it.

 

"Hey!" admonished Duo as he tried to get his leg back from the persistent tugging. "It's bad enough with the girls all trying to get my pants off me without a horse doing it as well!"

 

Zero just ignored the rebuff and continued with his game of trying to pull at the slacks with his teeth.

 

"Behave yourself, Zero! I'll have you know I'm not that kind of guy. Besides, you're cute and all, and no offense, but I much prefer your master, he's more my type. I think maybe we should look at finding you a nice filly to shack up with, as much as I like you, Zero, this isn't my scene," chuckled Duo as he succeeded in getting his trouser leg back from the horse.

 

Liquid brown eyes gazed at him.

 

"Awww... shit. Do you have to pull the puppy eyes on me? You're a horse, not a dog. Okay, I surrender, I'll get you another carrot for being a good boy." Duo removed the hose and went to turn it off, detouring to the feed shed on his return with a carrot. Zero wuffled happily at him and greedily ate the carrot while Duo toweled off the leg. "Time to move to the next stage of treatment, my son," said Duo as he straightened and went into the small room to the side. He returned a moment later with a bottle, shaking it vigorously.

 

The horse watched with mild interest.

 

Duo opened the lid and squeezed some of the thick liquid out into the palm of his hand than set the bottle to the side. "This should help you a bit, Zero," he said as he started to rub the liniment along the cannon bone and over the fetlock joint, making sure to work it well into the muscle and flesh. Once he was satisfied that the liniment was completely absorbed by the skin, so Duo fetched another bandage and rebound the leg before leading Zero back into his stable and after another carrot for being a good boy, Duo left the horse in peace to eat his dinner and get himself ready for evening consults.

 

Returning to the house he was surprised not to see Heero there, he assumed that the man must still be working on the computer. Changing his slacks for a pair of jeans as Zero's slobber was on the leg of his current ones and he hadn't done his ironing yet, Duo quickly tidied up his hair and headed back to the small surgery. It was nearly time to open up for the evening consults.

 

***

 

Heero had continued to work on the computer whist Duo was gone. He'd managed to reinstall the missing file, found another one that had somehow modified itself and sorted that one out, then he'd set about locating the missing files and folders, managing to recover nearly all of them and putting them all back into their proper places. He'd taken a good look at the entire set of the system and made a few modifications, little things that would make the program run faster and also be easier for Duo to operate.

 

So caught up in his task, he hadn't noticed how the time had flown by. He looked up when he saw Duo leaning against the door jamb. "Hey," he said softly.

 

"Hey," replied Duo as he shoved off the door frame and ambled over. "You managed to get it all sorted out?"

 

"Hai. I also recovered pretty much all the missing data too and I've popped it all back where it should be. I hope you don't mind but I modified the program a little so it runs quicker and is easier to operate. I also transferred all the information from the files you had sitting there..." Heero nodded to the stack of paperwork Duo had waiting to be loaded onto the computer. "...onto the program. I've also put all the information into the accounting program so your books are up to date and your receipts just need to be printed out for your own records. I hope that was okay?" Heero's voice took on a slightly uncertain tone. He really should have asked before going into Duo's books like that, he wasn't sure how the vet would react to him nosing around in his financial affairs, not that Heero had really been taking any notice, they were simply figures to him and he did with them what he did best... accounted for them.

 

"You loaded all that paperwork onto the system?" Duo asked his eyes going wide.

 

Heero nodded.

 

"And updated the books as well as got all the receipts ready to print?"

 

Heero nodded again. "Oh, I also backed up your hard drive so if it crashes again you will retain all your information."

 

"Well, shit!"

 

Heero suddenly found himself with a lap full of grateful vet. Arms wound themselves around his neck and his mouth was suddenly kidnapped by a pair of warm, sensuous lips and a tongue that seemed intent on cleaning his tonsils.

 

Not that Heero minded.

 

Nope, not in the least.

 

Breaking the kiss for air, Duo nuzzled against the skin of Heero's neck as Heero's hand rubbed circles against his back. "I don't know how to thank you, Heero. You have no idea how much I was dreading doing the paperwork on that demon. Now I don't have to, you've very kindly done it all for me."

 

"You don't have to thank me, Duo. It was my pleasure. After everything that you've done for me this seems small in comparison, but I was, and am, happy to do it for you." Heero placed a kiss to the tip of Duo's nose.

 

Just as Duo was about to seal his lips to Heero's again there came a knocking at the surgery door. Duo pulled away and glanced at the clock. "Fuck! I'm late opening up for evening consults," he said as he bounded out of Heero's lap and grabbed his white coat from the back of the door.

 

"Would you like some help this evening, Duo?" Heero asked as the vet raced into the reception's waiting room and went to open the door.

 

"If you don't mind, Heero, that would be great," replied Duo as he unlocked and opened the door to admit a client. He went on to apologize for his lateness at opening the door to the client before taking the client through to the consulting room and beginning the first of what was to be a very busy evening.

 

Heero quickly got into the swing of things, despite only being able to use one arm. As each client arrived so he took their name and looked them up on the computer data base, then he retrieved their file from Duo's filing cabinets and sat it on the small open hatch for Duo to pick up when he was ready to see the client. As each consult was finished, so Duo would hand Heero back the file and Heero would flip it open to see what the result of the consult was and the charges. The client would then either pay the bill and Heero would issue them a receipt and record the details on the computer or he would give them the account and still record the details, including the account number they had been issued with and the amount outstanding on the bill.

 

Heero found himself enjoying the work. It stimulated his mind and there wasn't anything hard about it, it was simply a case of being organized, and Heero liked to be organized. He smiled at the young girls, charmed the older ladies and sympathized with the male population who didn't want to appear weak or soft for caring about their pet enough to bring it in to see the vet.

 

At last the flow of clients ceased and Heero glanced at the clock. It was ten after seven and only one client remained in the waiting room; a young girl who sat cuddling a very sick looking kitten. Duo stepped back out of the consulting room with the elderly gentleman who'd brought his dog in for a check up and replacement of arthritis tablets.

 

"Continue to give him one in the morning and one at night, Mr. Kline. There isn't really much more we can do for him other than keep up with the tablets," said Duo as he handed Heero the file.

 

"Thank you, young man. I'm afraid that Bob here is starting to wear out, bit like myself," chuckled Mr. Kline.

 

"You have years in you yet, Mr. Kline," replied Duo with a smile and a hand to the old man's shoulder. "And so does Bob." Duo bent and ruffled the border collie's ears. The dog wagged its tail.

 

"Thank you again," smiled the elderly gentleman. "Now, what do I owe you?"

 

"That will be six dollars, Mr. Kline. Heero here will look after you, I need to see this last patient." Duo turned and waving off anything further, called the young girl and the kitten through.

 

Mr. Kline shook his head and turned to face Heero. "Now, tell me properly, how much do I owe you?"

 

Heero opened the file and noted Duo's neat handwriting. "As Doctor Maxwell said, six dollars, Mr. Kline."

 

"But that can't be right. The consultation is twenty dollars, it say's so here on the notice of charges."

 

"There is no charge for the consultation, Mr. Kline, only the tablets," replied Heero.

 

"I don't know, this young man is too kind for his own good," muttered Mr. Kline as he reached for his wallet and extracted the money. "I know I'm only a pensioner but I wish he would take more than just the payment for the tablets."

 

"It's payment enough to see the dog enjoying his later years, I'd say," replied Heero as he wrote out the receipt.

 

"He's certainly a good and kind young man," said the gentleman. "I haven't seen you here before though, son. You just started working here?"

 

"Not really. I'm..." Now how exactly was Heero going to explain his connection with Duo? He didn't want to say 'boyfriend' as he knew how many people reacted to two men being together so he opted to play it safe. "I'm a friend of his. He's treating my horse and I offered to sort out his computer problems for him."

 

"Ahh." The elderly man gave him a wink. He wasn't fooled for one minute. He'd picked up on the soft tone in Heero's voice when he spoke of the vet and the way his eyes had looked when the vet had been speaking to them both. Mr. Kline leaned over as he took the receipt and lowered his voice. "He's one in a million, son. Don't worry, I'm not a gossip monger. Good luck to you both."

 

Heero simply stared, too stunned to say anything for a moment, then he managed to find his voice. "Thank you," he whispered.

 

Mr. Kline nodded and left, the old dog trotting a little stiffly beside him.

 

"Heero? Could you possibly come in here and give me a hand for a moment, please?"

 

Heero stood up and went to the consulting room, a smile tugging at his lips.

 

***

 

The small kitten sat shivering on the consulting room table, the young girl stood to the side watching Duo intently. Heero could tell by her wide eyes that she was worried about her pet, too worried to be of any assistance to Duo. "What would you like me to do, Doctor Maxwell?"

 

The kitten, it turned out, was suffering from Feline Enteritis, or cat 'flu; a very serious illness in cats and kittens. Heero held the tiny animal whilst Duo cleaned away the gunk that had gathered around the small kitten's eyes and nose. Once that was done, Duo gave the animal a shot of antibiotic and another injection of vitamins. With the treatment completed, Duo turned to the young girl.

 

"I'm afraid that Fluffy here has what we call cat 'flu, it's a very serious disease which is usually prevented by giving the animal a vaccination. I take it that Fluffy hasn't had her shots?"

 

"No," whispered the girl. "I forgot all about them."

 

"I'll need to keep her here at the hospital for a few days as she's going to need more injections as well as her face keeping clean. I won't lie to you, it's very serious, but fortunately the drugs we use are usually enough to fight off the disease. There is still a risk though that we may lose her. It all depends on exactly how strong the bug is that's making her sick."

 

"Okay. I want you to do what you can for her, Mr. Vet."

 

"I'll do my best. Now, if you go back out with Heero here and make sure he has all your details, I'll go make Fluffy comfortable in the cat kennels. Heero will give you one of my cards with the surgery 'phone number on it. I want you to give me a call, say around eleven tomorrow and we should be able to let you know how Fluffy is doing."

 

"Thanks, Mr. Vet," said the girl and then followed Heero back out to the reception area.

 

Duo took the kitten to the kennels and made sure she was comfortable. He placed a sand tray in the kennel and a bowl of fresh, clean water as well as a soft blanket. He checked the thermostat controls, making sure that the kennels weren't too hot or too cold for the animal before going back out to see Heero closing and locking the door.

 

"How's the kitten?" Heero asked as he turned around and faced the vet.

 

"It's not looking too good I'm afraid. Whilst the drugs will help a lot, it depends on how long the cat has been sick for and how much control the disease has on her system. All we can really do is keep up the treatment and wait and see." Duo ran a tired hand through his bangs. "Hungry?"

 

"Starved."

 

"Let's go eat just as soon as I've finished cleaning up."

 

"I'll help you," replied Heero and taking Duo's hand he led them both back to the consulting room.

 

While Duo swept the floor, Heero wiped the table down and collected all the used instruments together. Duo popped them into the autoclave and turned the machine on.

 

"All the patients' details have been loaded into the computer," said Heero as they returned to the reception area. "I've also put all the payments into the cash box. I hope that was okay."

 

"Heero, you're a life saver. I don't know what I would have done without you this evening. Thank you."

 

"It was my pleasure, Duo. Actually, I kind of enjoyed it," admitted Heero sheepishly.

 

Duo laughed. "Come on, we have a dinner date and I know I'm hungry enough to eat a horse."

 

"As long as it isn't Zero you're planning on serving up," quipped Heero.

 

Duo placed his hands over his heart and took on a horrified look. "Heero! You mortally wound me by even suggesting I would do such a thing. Besides, he'd be too tough, you really need them as yearlings to be served up, meat's much more tender," Duo gave Heero a wink.

 

Heero pulled a face. "Yuk!"

 

Still snickering, Duo led the way out of the surgery and back to the house to start cooking dinner.

 

***

 

Sitting at the table with a bowl of pasta and chicken in front of him, Heero found it much easier to eat, nothing to cut up this time. The wine complimented the meal even if it was non alcoholic and Heero found himself really relaxing. They chatted comfortably over dinner, Heero telling Duo about his conversation with Mr. Browning as well as the accountancy board. Duo asked appropriate questions which Heero did his best to answer.

 

"So, what are you planning on doing now, Heero? It's obviously going to take a while for the wheels of justice to turn fully and knowing what government departments are like it could take months before you hear anything." Duo stood up and took their dirty dishes to the sink and picked up the scones he's placed on the bench when he'd returned from the Fenwick farm. Placing the scones on the table he fetched a couple of knives, the jam and butter. "Sorry, I don't have any cream," he apologized.

 

"I didn't know you baked."

 

"I don't. These were given to me by Mrs. Fenwick. I was out at their farm earlier today treating a cow for mastitis, she was baking and kindly gave me these to bring home. I thought they would be a nice dessert." Duo picked up one of the scones and broke it in half before spreading a liberal amount of butter and jam on it and passing it to Heero.

 

"Arigato."

 

Duo repeated the performance to another scone and bit into the light, fluffy treat. "Mmm.. Nice."

 

"I agree," replied Heero as he ate his own scone. "I went through the situations vacant column in the local paper and I have a job interview tomorrow."

 

"That's great, Heero. What is it?"

 

"Accounting still, with a company in the next village over from where I live. Duo?"

 

"Yes?" Duo looked up seeing the question in Heero's eyes.

 

"This interview... I'm going to need to wear a shirt and tie for it but..." Heero looked pointedly at the sling.

 

"Ah. You're gonna need some help with the tie bit?"

 

Heero nodded.

 

"Look, would it be too forward of me if I suggested you spend the night here, Heero? That way I can help you with the shirt and tie and make sure you look presentable for the interview."

 

"Would you mind?"

 

"I wouldn't have offered if I didn't want to do it, Heero. I don't mind helping you out in the least."

 

"Arigato, that would be a big help."

 

"No problem. Did you bring your clothes for the interview with you?"

 

"No. I didn't want you to think I was being pretentious. I can go back home and pick them up after I help you clean up from dinner."

 

"Would it be all right if I came with you?" Duo didn't know if Heero would like some company or not but he had to ask. Besides, he was curious to see where Heero lived and get a little more insight into the man that was slowly captivating him.

 

"That would be nice," replied Heero.

 

"Great." Duo finished eating his scone and proceeded to wash up, Heero helping him as much as his one handedness would allow. With the kitchen tidy so the pair of them headed out to the car, Duo checking he had his pager and cell phone with him just in case. They took Heero's car, mainly because it had all Duo's drugs in the trunk and if he did get a call out he would need them and Duo drove, following Heero's instructions.

 

Twenty minutes later they were pulling into the driveway of Heero's home. Even though it was dark, Duo could still make out the house structure from the head lights of the car as well as the moonlight. He pulled up and cut the engine, both of them getting out and walking towards the front door where Heero slipped the key in the lock and opened up the house. He motioned for Duo to step inside and followed the long haired vet in, switching on the light as he did so.

 

"Nice place," said Duo softly.

 

"It's small, more like a cottage really, but it's big enough for me," replied Heero as he walked through towards his bedroom. "Would you like a coffee or something whilst we're here?"

 

"No, thanks anyway." Duo followed Heero towards the bedroom and paused in the doorway. He didn't venture inside, this was after all Heero's room and he hadn't been invited in. He didn't think it would make that much difference to Heero if he stepped inside or not, but Duo respected another's privacy and so remembered his manners and politely waited at the door.

 

"You can come in if you wish," said Heero with a smile and turned to his wardrobe to remove a shirt, tie and slacks. He fetched a small overnight bag from under the bed and tossed it to the quilt along with the garments. He rummaged in the drawers and found a fresh pair of boxers, clean socks and pajamas, tossing them to the bed as well. Then came the task of trying to fold them and put them in the bag.

 

"Here, let me help," chuckled Duo as it became painfully obvious that Heero couldn't accomplish the task properly by himself.

 

"Thanks." Heero let Duo fold his clothes and pop them in the bag whilst he fetched his shoes, toothbrush and electric shaver. "I think that's everything. Oh, hang on, almost forgot." Heero went to the small filing cabinet that sat by the side of the bed and removed a file. "Nearly forgot the most important thing, my qualifications and resume."

 

"Sure you have everything now?" Duo asked as he picked up the bag.

 

"Just need to grab the address from the table in the lounge room and my pills from the kitchen then I'm all set," replied Heero as he walked back out of the bedroom, Duo right behind him. With the last of the items safely in the bag, the pair went back out to the car and headed home to Duo's.

 

***

 

Once back at Duo's property, Heero took his bag inside and dropped it in the room he'd used the last time he'd stayed with the vet. Duo informed him that he was going to the surgery to check on the little kitten and Heero went with him. The small cat was curled up in the blanket looking very sorry for herself. Duo carefully lifted her out of the kennel and began to clean away the mucus that had once more accumulated around her eyes and nose.

 

"Poor thing," murmured Heero as he gently stroked the animal.

 

"Yeah, cat 'flu isn't nice at all. It can be very hard to cure."

 

"I'd hate to see her die," said Heero softly.

 

"Hopefully she won't," replied Duo. "At least the antibiotics will help, the vitamins should also be of assistance to her whilst she's not eating. Other than that all we can do is try to keep her as warm and comfortable as possible." Duo finished cleaning the kitten and popped her back into the kennel after repeating the injection. "We will know in the morning if we're going to be lucky or not."

 

They returned to the house and Duo stretched and yawned. "I think I will take my shower and be heading to bed shortly."

 

"That sounds like a good idea," replied Heero as he also yawned. "I'll pop the kettle on for cocoa while you shower if you like."

 

"Thanks, Heero." Duo reached forwards and stole a kiss before going to collect his things for his shower. Heero, meanwhile, went through to the kitchen and set about making the cocoa. Once the drinks were done he went back through to the guest room and sorted out his own things for his shower.

 

"Shower's free!"

 

"Arigato. Cocoa's made and in the kitchen." Heero picked up his stuff and went into the bathroom to take his shower.

 

With both of them showered they sat together in the lounge room and watched the late night news edition, sipping on their hot drinks. Heero was feeling decidedly warm and comfortable leaning against Duo and his eyes began to droop.

 

"Hey, sleepy head. Don't get falling asleep there, I don't think I could carry you through to the bedroom," chuckled Duo.

 

"Not falling asleep, just nice and comfortable," murmured Heero as he snuggled closer.

 

Duo took Heero's empty mug off him and set it on the coffee table with his own, leaning back again he pulled Heero into his arms and began to nuzzle at the accountant's throat. "Thanks for sorting out the computer, Heero."

 

"No need for thanks."

 

"And for helping me out this evening by running the reception area for me." Duo began to feather kisses along Heero's throat, his hands running along Heero's sides and sending shivers of excitement along Heero's spine.

 

Heero's hand decided to join in with the teasing and slid along the bare torso of Duo. Both of them wore only pajama bottoms and no top, leaving the skin of their chests open to the air. Locating a nipple, Heero began to circle it, simply teasing the other man.

 

Duo's breath hitched slightly and a low moan escaped his throat. He decided to do a little teasing of his own and brought one hand around to ghost across Heero's chest, also finding a nipple and tormenting it with feather touches.

 

The pair continued to explore each other's chests, toying with sensitive nipples and teasing the nubs to complete hardness. Duo could feel himself responding to Heero's caresses and ached for something more. Heero wasn't much better off, his cock was slowly hardening and very shortly would be tenting his pajamas. Unsure of what to do, Duo carefully let his hand drift lower, across rippling stomach muscles and then to Heero's thigh where he gently rubbed up and down, each time moving a little closer to the juncture of Heero's legs.

 

Heero's breathing rate had increased, along with his heart rate. He desperately wanted Duo to touch him there, but he wasn't going to push it. He tried to keep himself as calm as possible and let Duo set the pace. Whatever Duo wanted to do or how far the young vet wanted to take this was entirely up to him. Heero wasn't about to complain. He let his own hand slip down to rest upon the vet's hip, rubbing his thumb gently in circles over the cloth covered bone.

 

With his excitement mounting, Duo threw caution to the winds. He longed to touch Heero, the trust and restraint Heero had shown, combined with Heero's overall manner towards him only cemented Duo's faith in the young rider; that Heero wanted more from this relationship than simply sex. Duo moved on instinct. His hand gently worked its way up Heero's thigh to the man's groin. Duo's eyes peeked down and a small moan escaped his lips as he saw the evidence of Heero's desire pushing the pajama fabric out. He closed his eyes and buried his face against Heero's neck as he let his hand wander up to that 'tent'. His fingers found the stiffness beneath the cloth and tentatively began to explore it, running up from base to tip and back again.

 

"Aaa..." moaned Hero softly as his cock was explored. It was all he could do not to thrust his need into Duo's hand. When Duo's fingers grazed over his sac, he groaned. "Nice," he ground out, wanting to let Duo know that the touch was welcomed.

 

Duo's heart was pounding in his chest as his fingers curled themselves around Heero's length and gently stroked. Despite the cloth barrier, Heero felt hot and heavy in his hand; Duo liked the feeling.

 

Carefully, Heero brought his own hand across from Duo's hip to the vet's groin, pleased to feel the answering hardness under his fingertips. The vet's hips thrust slightly and Heero couldn't help himself, he wrapped his own hand around Duo's imprisoned cock and began to stroke the long haired man.

 

They continued to cuddle into each other, hands busily pleasuring as each one gave and took, unsure of just how far to take this. The clock struck the hour and jolted Duo back from his pleasure filled trance. Reluctantly he withdrew his hand from Heero's groin and brought it around Heero's back, kissing at Heero's throat and murmuring softly. "I need to go to bed, Heero."

 

Realizing that Duo was becoming a little uncomfortable, Heero released Duo's cock and pushed back a bit, raising his head a touch and taking Duo's lips in a sweet kiss. Their eyes locked, both stormy with need and desire, but also trust was evident. "I think we should both go to bed before we do something we may regret. But, thank you, Duo. I did enjoy that."

 

Duo blushed and hid his eyes. "I... I did too. I think if we keep going much longer then I won't be able to stop. It's not that I don't want to, Heero... I'm just not quite..."

 

"Hush. You do not need to explain anything to me, Duo. We will go at your pace, whatever you feel comfortable with. I want you to know that I'm in this relationship because I care for you, Duo, not just for sex. I don't care if we never experiment, I'm quite happy with whatever you will give me."

 

"Thank you, Heero; not just for stopping but for understanding." Duo leant close and kissed Heero deeply, showing the dark haired man the depths of his appreciation. "Let's go to bed, you have an interview tomorrow and I have my usual surgery."

 

They stood up and Heero waited whilst Duo checked that everywhere was locked up for the night. Walking down the hall way, hand in hand, they stopped outside Heero's bedroom door and kissed again.

 

"Good night, Duo," Heero breathed softly.

 

"Night, Heero," Duo returned in a husky tone that made Heero's knees go weak.

 

They separated and each went to their own beds to sleep... After taking care of a couple of minor 'problems'.

 

~ * ~

 

tbc....