Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Equinity ❯ Chapter 26 ( Chapter 26 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G'boys, I just borrow them from time to time to play with and return them a whole lot happier, ne?
 
Rating: NC 17
 
Warnings: Sap, angst, yaoi, Lemon, AU, OOC
 
Pairing: 2x1
 
Summary: Heero is a successful up and coming Showjumping rider with his promising new horse Zero. A fall at a show renders the animal injured and it is up to Duo Maxwell the new vet to treat the horse.
 
Dedication: To Klingonpoodle who gave me the plot bunny for this fic. *huggles* This one's for you hun!
 
Many thanks to my betas Yami_Tai and Ryouga.
 
Archive: http://gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com
http://sweetlysour.net.
http://adultfanfiction.net
http://www.theforsakenwk.com
 
Notes: All the information on showjumping, horses, etc is taken from my own knowledge of the sport having been a competitor and now judge for many years and is written from an Australian perspective. The rules and regulations are courtesy of the E.F.A Handbook. (Equestrian Federation of Australia) Should you have any questions just e-mail me.
 
Many thanks to Yami_tai for the title! *hugs*
 
 
"Equinity"
 
October. 2004 ShenLong
 
 
 
Chapter 26
 
Duo sat across from Heero, studying the accountant's face as Heero read and trying to gauge by Heero's facial expressions what the letter contained. Heero's face however, remained neutral. Duo felt as if he were sitting on hot coals. He knew he had no right to ask what was in the letter, that was Heero's business but he couldn't help but be curious. Heero had confided in him all the problems he'd had with Mr. Donaldson his former boss and the action he'd taken as a result of the argument with said former boss. Looked like this letter was something to do with the outcome of his registered complaint.
 
Since Heero had lodged the complaint and spoken with Mr. Browning, the senior partner of the accountancy company Heero had worked for, there hadn't been a whole lot of feedback. Mr. Browning had contacted Heero once to say that the internal investigation was still proceeding and if they required Heero's presence they would notify him. Since that 'phone call Heero had heard nothing. Gazing at the envelope again, Duo could only hope that the accountancy board was moving a little faster to settle the dispute than the company was.
 
Heero carefully read the letter and processed the information; going back over it a second time to be certain he hadn't missed anything. With his brain digesting the words he had read he looked up at Duo and smiled, the vet's eyes stared back at him, concern evident in those amethyst depths.
 
"Everything okay, Heero?"
 
"I hope so," replied Heero cryptically.
 
"Huh? What does that mean?"
 
Heero passed the letter over. "Read it and see what you think," he said and sat back to wait for Duo to read the letter.
 
Duo took the offered paper and began to read.
 
Dear Mr. Yuy,
 
Re: Complaint against Browning, Smith and Donaldson Accounting
 
The Accountancy Board wishes to advise you that we are looking into the case you have brought to our attention in relation to the professional conduct of a Mr. Donaldson and the subsequent resignation of yourself from the company due to the actions of one Mr. Donaldson.
 
The Board is currently looking through all the submitted evidence from yourself and the evidence supplied by Mr. Donaldson in his defense. The Board will be holding a hearing for this case on Thursday April 24th; 10.00 am at the Board's offices. Your presence will be required at this hearing along with any other evidence you may have not yet submitted.
 
Please contact Dorothy Catalonia, the person investigating this complaint on your behalf to advise of your attendance and discuss any further actions that may need to be taken.
 
Thanking You.
 
Dorothy Catalonia
 
Investigations Dept.
 
There was a 'phone number as well as the address of the board at the top of the letter along with the usual reference numbers. "At least things are moving in that department, Heero," said Duo as he handed the letter back.
 
"Looks like it," stated Heero as he took the letter back and skimmed over it again. "I can't think of anything else I need, I've already given them a copy of the tape and a sworn statement of what transpired."
 
"They may want you to provide the names of other staff members, you know, those that witnessed the argument or may be to confirm that he's like that with all the staff," offered Duo.
 
"Could be. I was hoping not to have to involve any of the others though, they have to still work with the prick and I know he'd give them hell if they stood up against him," sighed Heero and his brow furrowed. "I suppose I should give this Dorothy Catalonia a call and get the full run down on what she wants or needs."
 
"Good idea." Duo stood up and took his mug to the sink. "I'll leave you to make your call, I'm going to wrestle with Gertrude again and see if I can't persuade her to wash the jeans without covering them with fluff this time."
 
Heero snorted as he remembered the last round with the washing machine affectionately referred to as Gertrude. Their jeans had all come out sporting a lovely layer of lint. Duo had forgotten to check on the small bag inside the machine that was responsible for collecting all the lint and other nameless bits and pieces that ultimately found their way into the wash. The bag had been full and as Gertrude proceeded through the cycle, trying to jam more lint and fluff into the stressed bag so the bag had burst, the contents being swept back into the water and swirled amongst the clothes with disastrous results. Heero hadn't know that lint could be so adhesive, Duo complained that they didn't need a lint remover to get the fuzzy stuff off their jeans but rather a lawn mower as the fluff was thick enough to be a lawn.
 
Picking up the letter, Heero went through to the lounge to make his call.
 
***
 
"Much better, Gertrude," said Duo to the washing machine as he dumped the cleaned clothing into the laundry basket and closed the lid, giving the machine an affectionate pat in the process. He picked up the basket and went outside to the clothesline and began to peg out the washing. Heero joined him a few minutes later. "How did it go?" asked Duo as he pegged the last pair of socks on the line.
 
"Pretty good. This Dorothy person seems to know exactly what she's doing. I told her I didn't have anything further to submit but you were right, she did ask if any of the other employees would be willing to provide any evidence to the Board if they required it. I gave her a few names but asked her to try and avoid involving them if she possibly could. She seems to think we won't need them, that we have enough evidence to get Donaldson well and truly in the shit but she's going to keep the others as a last resort just in case."
 
"That's good news then, Heero." Duo leaned forwards and pressed a kiss to Heero's lips.
 
Automatically Heero's arms wound around Duo's waist and drew the vet closer to him. "Mmmm... That's nice," murmured Heero.
 
"I agree," replied Duo and stole another.
 
They stood together amongst the flapping jeans, socks, shirts and boxers, just enjoying holding and being held. Heero's head rested in the crook of Duo's shoulder and he could see Scythe and Zero in the paddock. A thought came into his mind and as he considered it so a smile broke over his lips. "Duo?"
 
"Mmm?" Duo was enjoying the closeness and wasn't in any hurry to break the contact.
 
"Would you say that Scythe is pretty much back to normal now?"
 
Frowning slightly, Duo pulled away to look at his boyfriend. "Uh oh, what are you up to, Heero?"
 
"Nothing." Heero tried to look innocent and failed.
 
"Something's going on in that head of yours," Duo stated as he looked suspiciously at his boyfriend. "Out with it."
 
"I just wanted your opinion on Scythe's condition. Would you say she's back to normal now? I know that condition-wise she's certainly improved."
 
Duo stared across the expanse towards the paddock and the grazing horses. "Yes, Heero, I'd say she's about as normal as she's going to get. Now, care to tell me why you want to know?"
 
"I was thinking that if she's pretty much right now then I wouldn't mind putting a saddle on her and trying her out. You know, see what her education's like, what she knows and doesn't know, if she's a comfortable ride or not; although with her conformation she should be."
 
Shaking his head, a look of amusement on his face, Duo sighed. "Knew it was coming sooner or later. I think she'd be all right to give a little work to. Her body condition is fine and her feet are good now that Bob's been giving them regular attention so there shouldn't be any problem with riding her." Duo paused for a moment and then continued. "Personally I think a little work will be good for her."
 
"That's what I thought," replied Heero. "It will give her some muscle tone and improve her overall appearance."
 
"You're the expert here, Heero."
 
"Maybe on the ridden side of things but I didn't want to start riding her if there was a chance that she wasn't ready for it, physically I mean."
 
"Shouldn't hurt her. Physically she's sound now. Just make sure that the work is slow and easy to begin with, build it up slowly, after all, she hasn't been ridden in ages I'd say and I'd hate to be picking up your pieces off the grass when she turfs you off."
 
"Thanks for the vote of confidence." Heero gave Duo a 'look'.
 
Duo grinned. "I'm only messing with you, Heero. She seems to have too nice a nature to want to chuck you off."
 
"I hope you're right," muttered Heero. "I'll go get changed. Would you mind catching her and taking her into the stable block for me please? I'll sort out a saddle and bridle for her once I'm changed."
 
"No problem, Heero. Just remember your hard hat, won't you?"
 
"Hai, I will."
 
The two men went in separate directions and met up several minutes later in the stable block.
 
Duo caught Scythe easily and led her inside the stable block, tying her up to the ring in the wall by her stable and fetching a brush. While he waited for Heero he gave the rich, black coat a thorough brushing, working his way with long strokes from the neck, down the shoulders, over Scythe's back and belly to her hindquarters. Once the one side was done, he switched his attentions to the other side, continuing until the mare's coat shone like patent leather. Wiping the sweat from his face onto the sleeve of his shirt, Duo gave the mare an appraising look. "Don't you look pretty," he said as he reached into his pocket and produced a carrot.
 
Scythe daintily took the carrot from Duo's hand and crunched happily on it. She was content; finally her fears of having her food source cut off had diminished. The two humans that came regularly each day bearing food of varying types as well as caresses, pats and soothing words had won her trust. She felt happy. The gray stallion had also become a good companion and she would often stand under the shade of the trees next to the fence and doze lightly while the gray did the same on the other side of the fence. He was certainly a charming animal and good looking as well.
 
Scythe's ears pricked up when she heard the approaching footsteps of the other human and she gave a low whinny of greeting.
 
Heero walked into the stable block dressed in his jodhpurs, boots, short sleeved polo shirt and helmet in his hand. He walked directly to the mare and patted her. "Hey, Scythe. Feel up to a little riding today?"
 
Scythe nudged the human with her nose.
 
"She looks lovely, Duo. Thanks for bringing her in and brushing her for me."
 
"No problem, Heero. I was happy to help. I can't wait to see how she goes."
 
"You're just here to watch the fireworks," teased Heero.
 
"Like I said before, someone's got to be here to scrape up the bits." Duo's smile was wide.
 
Heero shook his head and turned his attention back to Scythe, pulling gently at her ears as he spoke to her. "You wouldn't be mean and throw me off, would you, Scythe." It was a statement, not a question.
 
A nudge and search of his person for carrots was the reply he got.
 
"Any particular set of gear you want to use, Heero?"
 
"I'm not sure." Heero ran his critical eye over the mare. "I think I would be better off using my all purpose saddle [1] as she's not too wide in the back. I'll try the snaffle bridle too, as I don't want to do any damage to her mouth. Once I've ridden her I should be able to feel what type of bit will suit her best."
 
"Okay. Want a hand?"
 
"If you don't mind." Heero set his helmet down and walked off in the direction of the feed shed where he stored most of his gear, Duo beside him. He lifted down his all purpose saddle and handed it to Duo along with a thick saddle blanket. Next he went through his bridles, finally selecting one with an eggbutt snaffle bit [2] on it and drop noseband. [3] He grabbed a pair of work boots as well, wanting to give Scythe's legs as much support as he could considering the length of time it had been since she'd been ridden. They carried the gear back out to where Scythe waited patiently.
 
Seeing the humans returning and carrying familiar objects, Scythe eyed them curiously. She sniffed the saddle blanket, noting the scent of the stallion lingering in the fibers. She could also smell the stallion's scent on the saddle.
 
"Good girl," said Duo as he set the saddle and blanket on the stable door. "I'll leave it up to you to do the rest, Heero," he said quietly.
 
"Okay," replied Heero and hung the bridle on a conveniently placed hook. He turned and picked up the saddle blanket, bringing it slowly to Scythe's back so as not to startle the animal. Gently he placed it over her withers and left it for a moment whilst he reached for the saddle. The saddle was lain carefully over the saddle blanket and then Heero gently slid the entire ensemble backwards to rest to the rear of Scythe's withers and on her back. Seeing Duo's careful scrutiny of what he was doing, Heero began to explain his actions as he went. "Sliding the saddle back into position makes sure that all the hair is lying flat underneath and won't cause any discomfort to the horse," he said as he checked the saddle was sitting comfortably. Scythe seemed quite happy still so Heero progressed to the next stage; bringing the girth around and under her belly.
 
The girth buckles were threaded into the straps on the saddle and then Heero tightened it slightly. He gently ran his fingers down in-between the girth and the mare's skin. "This smooths out the skin underneath so that when I tighten the girth fully the skin won't be wrinkled and trapped underneath to rub and cause girth galls," he explained.
 
"I always thought you picked up the front legs and stretched them forwards to stretch out the skin underneath the girth, Heero," replied Duo.
 
"A lot of people do it that way, Duo but I prefer not to as once you lower the front leg all that skin that you've stretched out from under the girth area bunches back up just in front of the girth and there is a risk of it rubbing. I think to smooth out the skin with your fingers like I just did is a much better option."
 
"Just goes to show there's more than one school of thought on these things."
 
"There's always more than one option when it comes to horses, Duo. As you know, what may work with one animal may not necessarily work with another. That's the beauty of horses. There are several different ways to approach a problem and it's just a case of finding the one that best suits the animal you're dealing with."
 
"Quite the philosopher, aren't you, Heero?" Duo teased.
 
Heero ignored the vet and reached for the bridle. He slipped the reins over the mare's head then with his right hand under Scythe's neck and holding the crown piece, his left hand went to the bit and as his right hand raised so he brought the bit up to the mare's lips. Scythe opened her mouth and Heero slipped the bit inside, pulling the crown piece up and pushing her ears through. Carefully Heero pulled out the mare's forelock and any of her mane that was trapped underneath the leather, making it more comfortable for her. He checked the position of the bit in her mouth, noting it was a little loose and so shortened the cheek straps a couple of holes.
 
Scythe chewed on the bit for a moment. It had been a while since she'd worn a saddle or bridle and it felt a little uncomfortable at first. Soon she settled with the gear though and accepted it without any fuss.
 
Heero removed the halter from underneath the bridle and did up the noseband, checking that he could still get two fingers underneath so the noseband would be correctly fitted. Picking up his helmet he checked and tightened the girth again then prepared to lead the horse out to the paddock. "You coming?" he asked Duo.
 
"Wouldn't miss it for the world, Heero."
 
"Hn," Heero grunted and led the mare outside. Once they were in the paddock, Heero shut the gate firmly then let down his stirrups. "Would you mind holding her for me while I get on?" asked Heero. "I'd say she'd probably stand still but I don't want to take any unnecessary risks."
 
"No problem." Duo stepped forwards and took hold of the reins just under the bit. He fixed Scythe with his violet eyes, the mare's liquid brown ones staring back at him. "You be a good girl, Scythe and look after Heero, you hear? No fancy stuff, just behave and do as he asks."
 
Scythe nudged the vet as if to say "Would I be anything other than good?"
 
Pushing his helmet down on to his head, Heero placed his foot in the stirrup and sprang up onto the mare's back, lowering his weight softly into the saddle. He felt Scythe's back muscles tense at his weight but he ran a soothing hand along her neck and the mare relaxed. "Okay, Duo. You can let her go now. Thanks."
 
"No worries. You be careful, Heero," Duo added as he watched the accountant pick up his reins. Duo stepped back out of the way and leaned against the fence to watch, his heart in his mouth.
 
Heero picked up the slack in the reins until he could just feel Scythe's mouth on the other end. Gently he squeezed his legs against her sides and relaxed, waiting to see if the horse would respond. Scythe remained standing so Heero gave another squeeze, a little harder this time and Scythe felt the aid. Gently she moved off into a walk.
 
Heero kept his hands light and steady on the reins, gauging how sensitive the mare was in the mouth. Some horses had mouths of iron, caused by riders that were too hard and heavy with their hands; other horses had mouths of velvet and responded to the lightest touch. Scythe's mouth appeared to be quite responsive much to Heero's relief. Heero tended to ride with a very light contact, preferring not to pull or yank on the horse's mouth. Zero had a very soft mouth and could be guided by the slightest touch.
 
Heero kept Scythe moving around at the walk, testing her response to his leg and seat aids, asking her to turn, halt, start, half halt, lengthen the stride and collect up. Scythe was a little stiff but tried to do everything Heero asked and please the human. She was a little rusty and sometimes it took a couple of the human's 'requests' and repeat of the aids before she understood what it was the human wanted.
 
Satisfied with the responses he was getting at the walk, Heero decided to be adventurous and try the trot. He shortened his reins and pushed with his seat and legs, asking Scythe to increase her speed. Almost at once, Scythe broke into a smooth trot, circling the paddock and looking quite happy with herself. Heero let her find her rhythm and then began to ask for a little more. Gradually he shortened his reins a bit more and put more pressure through his seat, effectively shortening Scythe's stride a touch but adding more lift and elevation to the trot. He held the mare at that pace for half the paddock and then asked her to lengthen her stride. Giving a little with the rein, continuing to rise to the trot but push the mare with his seat and leg, Scythe understood and began to stride out.
 
Her trot lengthened, covering more ground but without increasing the speed of the trot. Heero was delighted. Watching from the fence, Duo was wearing a grin so wide it was almost covering his entire face. He watched as Scythe effortlessly changed and adjusted her stride seemingly by magic, but Duo knew Heero was responsible for the mare's reactions. Even if Heero showed no signs of giving much in the way of aids, Duo knew the man was working hard. He always remembered his father telling him that a good rider was one who could make the horse do anything he wished but a great rider was one who could make the horse do as he asked without seeming to move a muscle himself.
 
Heero was a great rider. Even to Duo's inexperienced eye he could see the sympathy of Heero's body to the horse's needs, the soft way in which he sat the animal and the way the horse performed.
 
Deciding to throw all caution to the winds, Heero asked Scythe to canter for him. The mare responded, lurching into the canter a bit unbalanced but after a few strides she found her cadence and settled into the gait. Heero didn't bother to collect her up, opting to let her find her own speed and settle. There would be plenty of time for schooling Scythe later. For now he'd learnt enough about Scythe to know that at some stage she'd been properly educated, up to Elementary dressage level he guessed. All she really needed was a 'refresher' course as Heero called it. Idly he wondered if she could jump. He wasn't about to try her out though, it would be better to wait until she'd regained some muscle tone first. Sitting down into the saddle, Heero brought Scythe back from the canter to the trot and then the walk, patting her neck and praising her as he let the reins slip through his fingers and Scythe to stretch her neck out.
 
"Well?" asked Duo eagerly, almost bouncing on the spot with anticipation. "What's she like?"
 
Heero brought Scythe to a halt beside Duo and carefully dismounted. "Why don't you try her and find out for yourself?"
 
"Huh? You want me to get up there and ride her?" Duo's eyes were wide.
 
"Sure. There's no reason why you can't," replied Heero with a grin.
 
"Ummm... I haven't been on a horse in years, Heero; and even then it was just a pony and I don't know how to ride properly."
 
"I did say I would teach you."
 
"But..."
 
"And there's no better time to start than now."
 
"But..."
 
"You haven't got anything booked in for surgery today."
 
"But..."
 
"We have at least a good hour before we have to start on anything else."
 
"But..."
 
"She's lovely to ride, Duo. Gentle as a lamb, soft mouth and very responsive. She's got such a sweet nature she wouldn't harm you."
 
Knowing he was defeated, Duo sighed. He really was itching to ride the mare; he just didn't want to make a fool out of himself in front of Heero. "Okay," he muttered, giving in. "I do warn you though, I don't know how to ride properly and I've forgotten everything I ever learnt."
 
"Good. I like to start with raw material," snickered Heero.
 
"Raw material?" questioned Duo as he raised an eyebrow.
 
"Yeah. Better to start from scratch, that way you haven't developed any bad habits, or at least not enough of them for them to not be easily fixed." Heero gave the vet a smile. "Here, put this on." Heero handed his helmet to Duo who reluctantly took it and slipped it on his head. "Can you remember how to mount?"
 
"Depends on what I'm mounting," quipped Duo.
 
Heero rolled his eyes. "You're going to mount the mare, Duo."
 
"I hate to tell you this, Heero, but I'm not into bestiality," sniggered Duo. "I'll leave mounting the mare to Zero, thanks."
 
"DUO! Will you be serious, please!"
 
"Sorry," grinned Duo.
 
"Let's start again. Here, put your left foot into the stirrup iron, take a hold of the mane with your left hand and the front of the saddle with your right. Good. Now, spring up from your right foot and use your hands to pull you up at the same time, then swing your right leg over and land gently in the saddle. I said gently!"
 
Duo did as Heero instructed, bounced off his right foot and hauled himself up; he landed a little heavily in the saddle though. "Sorry, Scythe," Duo apologized to the mare. At least he was in the saddle, even if his ascent hadn't been as graceful as Heero's; okay, it had been more like an undignified scramble. "Whoa, the ground is a long way off, Heero. Do you supply parachutes with these things?"
 
Heero was busy adjusting the stirrups for Duo and chose to ignore the vet's comments.
 
"Gee, I think it's snowing up here. Hang on, I need oxygen, the thin air is getting to me."
 
"Duo?"
 
"Yes?"
 
"Will you shut up and be serious."
 
"Sorry."
 
"Thank you. Now, put your feet like this... Hold the reins in this way... No, not like that, like this. Good. Sit up straight, knees in. Better. Look up between Scythe's ears where you want to go."
 
"Wow. This is great, Heero. I'm actually riding."
 
"Duo?"
 
"Yes?"
 
"You haven't moved yet. You're still standing at the halt."
 
"Oh."
 
Heero spent a half hour with Duo in the paddock, patiently teaching and explaining to him how to sit and use his seat and legs to make Scythe walk, halt and turn. He walked alongside the mare, telling Duo what to do and the vet tried hard to follow Heero's instructions.
 
Scythe could sense that this human on her back was very nervous and wasn't as secure as the other one had been and so she was very careful, trying hard not to make any jerky movements and upset the human who had been so kind to her.
 
Finally, and much to Duo's relief, Heero called an end to the lesson. "I think you've both had enough for today," Heero said. "Actually, you've done very well for your first lesson, Duo. I'm proud of you. To be honest, Scythe needs slow work to build her muscle tone up and you need to take it slow and steady as well so the lessons should be perfect for Scythe's fitness program."
 
Duo couldn't help but feel warmed by the praise from Heero and gave his boyfriend a hug once he'd slithered to the ground. "Here, Scythe," said Duo as he dug a carrot out of his pocket and fed it to the mare. "You were a good girl."
 
Scythe took the carrot, crunched it up and politely begged for more. She wasn't disappointed. Heero fed her a stack of the orange treats as well. Once they'd unsaddled and brushed Scythe down, Heero took the gear back to the shed whilst Duo put Scythe back out into the paddock for a while. It was a little early to bring them in and feed them as yet.
 
Heero walked up behind Duo and put his arms around the vet's waist, nuzzling the soft hairs at the nape of Duo's neck. "Enjoy that?"
 
"Yes, I did, Heero. Thanks for being so patient with me, even if I do like to tease and mess around." Duo turned around in his boyfriend's arms to face the accountant.
 
"I enjoyed it too, Duo. You have potential there. You sure I can't persuade you to take up competitive riding?"
 
"Heero, I think I'm just happy to be able to stop, start and steer for now. We can worry about second gear another time. Besides, my ass is killing me!"
 
Heero laughed and let his hands slide down to cup Duo's rear end. "Aww... you got a sore bottom," Heero teased.
 
Duo winced. "Yeah. I dunno how you do it, Heero. I'm dreading trying the trot, somehow I have a feeling my balls may object."
 
"Don't worry, I promise to massage any and all aching muscles or appendages you may suffer with after a lesson," whispered Heero seductively.
 
Duo shivered and stole a kiss. "I think my ass is going to need a little attention later, Heero," he moaned.
 
"Then I'll be certain to make sure I'm available to massage it for you."
 
"Promise?"
 
"I promise."
 
"I think I may have to close evening consults early tonight," whispered Duo as he licked along the shell of Heero's ear.
 
"I won't complain," came the husky reply.
 
"Okay then, it's a date," murmured Duo. "Now though, I need to go take a shower and get the dinner on to cook. Consults will be starting in half an hour."
 
"I'll go pop the feeds into the stables ready for the terrible twosome and meet you in the house," replied Heero and gently kissed the vet senseless.
 
"Mmmm... See you soon." Duo broke away before the heat in his blood could fully consume him and headed for the house.
 
Heero watched him go, a smile playing on his lips as he observed the swing of the braid across that gorgeous ass. With a sigh he adjusted his half hard cock and headed back to the stables. He'd have time later tonight to pay homage to Duo's body.
 
~ * ~
 
tbc.......
 
 
[1] All Purpose saddle: There are several different types of saddle out on the market, each designed for a specific purpose, be it jumping, dressage, western, racing etc. The 'All Purpose' saddle combines the jumping and dressage saddle types into one saddle to offer the rider a saddle that can be used for any discipline; as the name states - All Purpose.
 
[2] Eggbutt snaffle: This is the kindest of all the snaffle bits utilizing a gentle nutcracker action against the horse's tongue and roof of the mouth. The edges of the bit where the mouth piece joins the rings is a fitted piece so that it cannot pinch the horse's lips.
 
[3] Drop noseband: This noseband fits just at the end of the nasal bone and sits in front of the bit and buckles underneath in the chin groove. Its purpose is to keep the horse's mouth closed and prevent it from 'pulling'; i.e.: taking hold of the bit and ignoring the rider's signals.
 
More information on saddles, bridles and bits can be found here: Points of the saddle; http://www.horsedata.co.uk/points_of_the_saddle.htm
 
Points of the Bridle: http://www.horsedata.co.uk/points_of_a_bridle.htm
 
Different Bits; http://shop.valleycountry.com.au/catalogue/category2/category159
 
Saddle Types: http://shop.valleycountry.com.au/catalogue/category2/category109