Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Equinity ❯ Chapter 36 ( Chapter 36 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G'boys, I just borrow them from time to time to play with and return them a whole lot happier, ne?
 
Rating: NC 17
 
Warnings: Sap, angst, yaoi, Lemon, AU, OOC
 
Pairing: 2x1
 
Summary: Heero is a successful up and coming Showjumping rider with his promising new horse Zero. A fall at a show renders the animal injured and it is up to Duo Maxwell the new vet to treat the horse.
 
Dedication: To Klingonpoodle who gave me the plot bunny for this fic. *huggles* This one's for you hun!
 
Many thanks to my betas Yami_Tai and Ryouga.
 
Archive: http://gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com
http://www.templeofthegoddess.com/files/FrontPage1.html
http://adultfanfiction.net
http://www.theforsakenwk.com
 
Notes: All the information on showjumping, horses, etc is taken from my own knowledge of the sport having been a competitor and now judge for many years and is written from an Australian perspective. The rules and regulations are courtesy of the E.F.A Handbook. (Equestrian Federation of Australia) Should you have any questions just e-mail me.
 
Many thanks to Yami_tai for the title! *hugs*
 
 
"Equinity"
 
October. 2004 ShenLong
 
 
 
Chapter 36
 
Duo continued to watch the mare and her new foal. Scythe was methodically licking the baby all over and the foal giving little squeals of protest as his mother's tongue got a little rough at times. It was a sight Duo would never tire of.
 
Heero reached Zero's paddock and the stallion trotted over to meet him. Heero's excitement was bubbling over as he petted the gray and told him all about the new arrival. "You're a father, Zero; the father of a bouncing baby boy, or should I say colt? Aw, what the hell, you're a dad now." Zero didn't take much notice of his master's words, he didn't understand them anyway but he could sense the excitement of his master and smell the scent of birth in the air and on his master's clothing. Zero gazed across the paddock to where the mare was still lying down. His nostrils flared as he tried to draw in the smells and scent what was happening. He took in a deep breath and then let out a loud neigh, almost deafening Heero in the process.
 
Hearing the stallion's call, Scythe lifted her head in the gray's direction and gave an answering neigh before turning her attention back to the small bundle before her. She nuzzled it gently and then with careful movements she rose to her feet. The foal instantly called for his mother and Scythe turned to press her nose against him, soft grunts coming from deep inside her as she reassured her baby of her presence.
 
Duo managed to stand up and took another look at his ruined clothes. The blood and birth fluids were starting to dry on him causing the fabrics to stiffen and chafe his skin but before he could think of getting cleaned up he had to check the afterbirth, Scythe and the foal. Heero appeared again at his side and wrinkled his nose. "What?" said Duo as he noticed the look Heero gave him.
 
"I think we're going to have to chuck those clothes, Duo. No amount of soaking is going to remove all that lot," said Heero as he took in the vet's bloody appearance.
 
"Well, you didn't expect me to catch junior here and not get covered in crap, did you? At least the hair got spared." There was nothing Duo hated more than getting fluids of any sort other than water, shampoo or conditioner in his hair. "Besides, you didn't get off scott-free either."
 
Heero took a look at his own clothing and noted with distaste that some of the blood and fluids had transferred to himself when he'd hugged Duo earlier
 
"Come on, help me with the afterbirth, will you? I have to check that it's all there," said Duo, drawing Heero out of his thoughts.
 
Looking at the pile of membranes, blood, fluid and what looked like a large chunk of red meat lying in a heap on the grass, Heero began to turn a little green. "Ummm..."
 
Noting the look of unease on Heero's face, Duo did his best to suppress a chuckle. "It's okay. I'll do it myself but if you could go and get a bucket of water, some betadine and a towel from the stables and bring out, I'd be grateful."
 
"Okay." Heero turned around and went to fetch the items, relieved that he'd been spared that bit of embarrassment. He wasn't usually squeamish, after all he'd assisted Duo with countless operations on animals of all shapes and sizes and it hadn't affected him in the least; but there was something distinctly off putting about the afterbirth from Scythe. Heero put it down to the fact that it was his own animal concerned here and when it tended to be your own animal you were naturally a little more sensitive.
 
That was his excuse anyway and he was sticking to it!
 
Whilst Heero departed to fetch the items Duo had requested, the vet began the unpleasant task of checking the afterbirth. After poking through the mess and laying it out to examine it easier, Duo was pleased to note that it was all intact. He breathed a sigh of relief. Sometimes mares would retain all or part of the afterbirth and that meant he would have to physically go inside the mare and remove it from her uterus. Not a nice job as it meant inserting his arm completely inside the mare and usually involved the mare trying to force him out which resulted in squashed muscles against the cervix. It didn't rate very highly on Duo's favorites list.
 
Looking up, Duo could see Heero returning with the items and he mentally prepared himself for the internal exam he would need to give Scythe to make certain she wasn't torn inside. "Thanks, Heero," he said as the accountant placed the items on the grass. Duo added some of the betadine to the water, happy that Heero had thought to bring warm water. He removed his T-shirt and washed his arm in the solution then poured a generous amount of the betadine over his arm. Usually he used a surgical glove that reached all the way to his armpits but he'd forgotten to ask Heero to bring one for him and he really wanted to get this over and done with so he could go take a shower and clean up properly.
 
The foal was still lying on the ground as his mother continued to lick him over. Gradually the air was drying off his coat and Heero could now tell that he was a gray like his father but where Zero was light gray with dapples, this little fellow was almost black. "Steel gray," muttered Heero as he tried to see if there were any other markings. As far as he could tell the foal had no white on its legs but it did have a similar marking on its forehead to Scythe. A sort of crescent shape that continued on down his nose in a crooked line to finish between the two nostrils.
 
"Would you mind keeping Scythe still, please?" Duo asked from where he was standing behind the mare. Normally he would have put the mare into the crush for the examination but with the foal still to gain its feet it would be a while before they could get the pair into the stables and Scythe into the crush. At the moment the mare's muscles were loose from foaling and it would make the examination a lot easier and quicker if he could do it before those muscles started to tighten. Given that Scythe was a sweet natured mare, Duo hoped she wouldn't mind his intrusion. If she did then he would have to wait and do the exam once he could get her into the crush.
 
With Heero keeping an eye on her from the head end, Duo carefully lifted Scythe's tail and washed the area with betadine. The mare didn't move, she was too preoccupied with her baby to worry about what Duo was doing. Gently Duo slipped his hand and wrist inside. He felt carefully along the walls and towards the uterus. The cervix was beginning to close which was a good sign and so far Duo hadn't found anything to worry about as far as the lining went. He rechecked and then slipped his arm out and went to clean himself off.
 
"How is she?" came Hero's question.
 
"She's fine internally. No tears and the cervix is starting to close, which is good."
 
"Now what?"
 
Duo toweled himself off as best he could and looked at the ruined T-shirt, deciding against putting it back on. He draped the towel across his shoulders instead. "Now we need to check Junior here and make sure everything is right with him."
 
"Aa. How do we do that?"
 
Duo chuckled. "I think we will need to wait until he's on his feet and had a feed first. Once he's reasonably stable we can go over him."
 
"Okay." Heero moved to stand next to Duo and wrapped an arm around the vet's shoulders. "You cold?"
 
"I'm okay," replied Duo.
 
"You should go up to the house, get showered and changed, I don't want you catching another cold."
 
"I'll be fine, Heero. I'll go up shortly. I want to see Junior on his feet and drinking first." Duo watched the foal that was doing his best to get his legs out from underneath his body in preparation for standing. "Heero?"
 
"Hai?"
 
"We need to think of a name for him, we can't keep calling him Junior or the foal."
 
"Good point. Any suggestions?"
 
Duo thought long and hard, then with a grin he spoke. "No… you?"
 
"Hn." Heero's face scrunched up as he gazed at the foal, his mind trying to think of a name that would suit the new arrival. "Let's see," he said thinking aloud. "We have Zero 'cause of the number of them attached to his price tag; we have Scythe, because of the marking on her forehead... Junior here... steel gray, almost black, similar marking to his mother's... Hmmm."
 
Duo gave an amused smile as his boyfriend's mind ticked over. "You got something in there?" he asked as he tapped Heero's head. "Other than a brain that is?"
 
"Not sure," replied Heero ignoring the jibe as he continued his thoughts and watching the foal who was struggling to get to his feet.
 
Duo's eyes went back to the foal and he smiled as the little creature managed to get its front legs out and tried to raise itself by pushing from his hind legs only to have both front legs do the splits and end up in a heap. He could see the grim determination in the foal's eyes and knew he would have a strong personality. "Grim Reaper," chuckled Duo.
 
"Pardon?"
 
"The Grim Reaper," repeated Duo. "He has that look in his eye; one of determination. Sort of 'I will do this even if it kills me' look. Plus he's the right color."
 
"Duo, I can't go into a show ring riding a horse called The Grim Reaper."
 
"Why not? The opposition would certainly give you a wide berth," snickered Duo.
 
Heero rolled his eyes and then had a thought. "Shinigami."
 
"Huh? Did you just swear at me in some foreign language, Heero?"
 
"No. No, I didn't. Shinigami, it's the Japanese word for God of Death or as you call him; The Grim Reaper."
 
"Ahh." Duo turned back to look at the foal who had managed to get his hind legs up and was attempting to get the front ones to follow. "Shinigami, huh?"
 
"What do you think?" asked Heero as he watched the foal fall again into a heap.
 
"He doesn't look like he could do much damage at the moment," snickered Duo.
 
"Give him time."
 
"Yeah. Actually I think that's a good name, Heero. Shinigami it is then." They both stood and watched in silence as the newborn made several more attempts to gain his feet, eventually succeeding. He stood on wobbly legs for a moment, the look on his face one of disbelief that he'd actually gotten these four spindly things to hold him up before he tried to take a step; and fell into a heap again.
 
"His coordination needs to improve," observed Heero.
 
"Hard to think that something that small and delicate will grow big enough to carry your weight and jump as well," mused Duo.
 
"Are you insinuating that I'm fat?"
 
"No, not in the least, Heero."
 
"Good."
 
"You're nice and cuddly."
 
Heero decided to quit while he was behind.
 
The foal gave a soft grunt and encouraged by his mother's nose pushing him, he tried again to stand. His little belly was rumbling and he could smell food; now if only he could get these four spindly legs to work together he might stand a chance of getting somewhere. He managed to heave himself up once more, wobbled and splayed his front legs out to stop from falling over again. It took a bit of effort but at least he was standing. Now, if he could get these things to all move together...
 
Duo did his best to hold onto his laughter as Shinigami lifted one hind leg, wobbled, put it down, over balanced and tried to save himself from falling by having all four legs spread out at once. He ended up in a heap again. "Kinda reminds me of the frozen lake scene in the movie Bambi," he commented.
 
Heero snorted.
 
The snort from the human startled the foal who had just managed to get back onto his feet. He jumped and went sprawling again, giving an indignant whinny.
 
"I think he's pissed at you, Heero," snickered Duo as the foal appeared to give Heero a glare.
 
"Too bad." Heero glanced at his watch. "You know, if everything is fine with Scythe and Shinigami there's no reason why we can't go to the Ag show tomorrow."
 
Duo turned his attention from the foal that was finally starting to get his legs to work and focused on Heero. "I'd forgotten all about the show, but you're right. We can still go." Duo's face lit up into a wide grin and then turned back to the foal. "Looks like he's getting a little control over those limbs now. What do you think of his conformation?"
 
Heero returned his gaze to the foal that was starting to move towards Scythe, searching for a feed. His legs were long and gangly, moving awkwardly as he tottered along, tilting from side to side as he tried to discover his balance. One leg would suddenly refuse to cooperate and the foal would take two or three running steps to one side as he fought to stay upright; and usually ended up in a heap again, much to his disgust.
 
"I hope that's not a sign for the future," said Heero as he watched the foal's attempts to stay upright for longer than five seconds.
 
"Nah, it's quite normal. He'll have full control over those limbs within an hour."
 
Several more attempts followed and each time the foal managed to gain a little more control over the four legs. Eventually he managed to get them to cooperate and work in some sort of sequence. He still tottered and rolled a little but at least he was remaining upright for longer periods of time.
 
Heero studied the animal intently. It wasn't easy to comment on a foal's conformation as being so little and having a lot of growing to do they could be deceptive. Heero had seen it happen before, a really nice foal born, everything pointing to the fact that it should have good movement and then as the animal grew it didn't develop as well as one would have hoped. Thus Heero was wary in his comments. His eyes raked over the gangly form, all legs and not much of anything else at this point in time.
 
"From what I can tell at this stage he appears to have a good set of hocks on him, they're well let down and combined with the angle of his hindquarters it all suggests he should be a good jumper. His shoulder isn't bad, good slope to it and his neck comes out reasonably well. I'd like to see a little more length of rein on him but that can change as he grows."
 
"I think he's quite handsome myself," said Duo softly.
 
"Hai, he is. If he doesn't shape up as a jumper he could be a reasonable dressage horse or maybe an eventer."
 
"Eventer?"
 
"Yeah, those are the events that combine dressage, cross country and showjumping all into one. You have the three separate phases and score marks in each one to give an overall total."
 
"Ah. I think I've seen some of that on telly."
 
"It's becoming a very popular sport, although the risks are higher than in showjumping, plus you need a horse that is good in all three disciplines, not an easy task."
 
"I can imagine." Duo snickered as he watched the foal. "Hopefully he has some brains in there, although at the moment he's quite amusing to watch."
 
Heero turned his attention back to the foal who had conquered his errant legs and was intent on finding the mare's udder. He was hungry and determined to find some nourishment. The foal had managed to get to his mother's side and was now busy trying to locate the milk he could smell. He knew it was around here somewhere.
 
Both vet and accountant watched in amusement as the foal stuck its head between Scythe's front legs, searching for the teat. Shinigami stamped his foot and almost fell over again when he didn't find what he sought. With a grunt his little mouth began exploring Scythe's front leg, searching for the teat to latch onto. He located his mother's elbow and began to suckle, only to get a mouthful of hair. He squealed in disgust.
 
Scythe shifted a little in an attempt to bring her flank around to the searching mouth. Her udder was full and hot. She knew instinctively what her baby wanted and did her best to nudge him in the right direction. Shinigami continued his search for the elusive udder, mouthing along his mother's belly. When the mare nudged him he kicked out in frustration, and fell into a heap again. Seemed he hadn't gotten quite as much control over these four things as he'd thought. He managed to get himself upright once more and recommenced his search for the milk.
 
His mouth played over Scythe's flank, generally heading in the right direction. When he reached the hind leg his excitement grew. The scent of the milk was stronger here and he butted his head against his mother's side in impatience. Scythe gave him a nudge in self defense and the foal staggered for a moment and lowered his head. As he regained his balance so his head came back up but this time it was slightly underneath his mother's flank. A drop of milk hit his nose and his tongue poked out to lick at it. Instantly his mind was on alert. The milk was here, all he had to do was find that damned teat! The foal pushed and poked his muzzle around, finally locating the udder and then the teat. His mouth opened and he latched on, suckling hungrily. As the warm milk began to flow down his throat and into his belly so Shinigami's tail swished from side to side indicating his pleasure at eventually finding success.
 
"Looks like he finally managed to locate the milk bar," chuckled Duo as he watched the foal sucking away.
 
"Took him long enough," grunted Heero.
 
"At least it shows he has determination," replied Duo. "I'd say he's going to have a will of his own, that one. Could prove to be a handful later on when he's bigger and you come to breaking him in."
 
"Hn. If he's handled correctly from the word go then there shouldn't be a problem with him. You can have an obedient, well behaved, respectful horse without breaking its spirit; unfortunately some people still have that lesson to learn," said Heero. "If he's going to become a success like his father then he will need to have that spirit and the will to win."
 
"Guess that's what sorts the men from the boys, hey?"
 
"True. When it comes to the crunch you want to be on an animal that's not going to crack under the pressure. There's only so much a rider can do with education and practice; in the end it comes down to how badly you want that success."
 
"And you want it pretty badly, Heero," said Duo softly as he wrapped his arms around his boyfriend and kissed the accountant.
 
Heero could feel his groin tightening with the close contact as his mind offered an alternative interpretation for Duo's words. "Yeah, you could say I want it pretty badly," he whispered and ground his hips against the vet's leaving the long haired man to figure out the double meaning.
 
"If we're going to this show tomorrow I think we should finish packing the car," said Duo, changing the subject. Not that he minded the closeness and contact of their respective groins but they still had a lot to do and daylight wouldn't wait much longer for them.
 
"You're right," replied Heero, albeit a little reluctantly. "What about Scythe and the foal?"
 
"They will be fine for a while, Heero. We should give them some peace for a bit; let them get to know each other. Once we have the car packed and float hitched up we can come back and I'll give Shinigami the once over to check he's okay."
 
"Then let's get moving," replied Heero and released his boyfriend. With one last glance back at mother and baby Heero headed for the stables to finish off their preparations for the show whilst Duo collected the afterbirth and took it back to dispose of.
 
* * *
 
"That everything?" asked Duo as he prepared to close the trunk of the car.
 
Heero ran a mental check over the contents of the trunk. "Hai. If it isn't then too bad, I'll have to do without," he replied.
 
"Okay." Duo closed the trunk. "You want me to guide you back onto the float?"
 
"If you don't mind"
 
Duo went to stand by the tow hitch as Heero got into the car and started it up, backing carefully and following Duo's directions. With the tow ball sitting underneath the hitch Duo began to wind down the jockey wheel, fitting the hitch securely over the ball and releasing the safety catch to lock into place. The safety chains were attached and the electrical system plugged in before the jockey wheel was removed and the lights tested.
 
Once everything was secured and checked, Heero pulled the car and float forwards so they would be able to lower the tailgate and load Zero on come the morning. Getting out he locked the car and went to find Duo. He checked his watch, noting the lateness of the hour as he rounded the back of the float and found the vet waiting for him.
 
"Better check the foal before it gets dark," said Duo. "I'd like to give him a shot of tetanus vaccine too."
 
"Okay," replied Heero and began to follow his boyfriend back to the paddock. "I'll bring Zero in once you've done your check and settle him for the night. What about Scythe and the foal?"
 
"I think it would be better if they were to stay out in the paddock for a couple of days. It won't hurt them and I'd feel safer knowing the foal is outside and not in the stable where he could hurt himself. Better to bring him in there during the day so he can familiarize himself better before having them stabled again at night."
 
Heero nodded in agreement. He could see the sense in those words. It would be asking for trouble to bring the foal into the stable at night when he didn't know the parameters. They reached the paddock and spotted Scythe by the large tree. She hadn't moved from her earlier position. As they walked across the paddock so Heero could make out the shape of the foal lying at his mother's feet.
 
"I think all the excitement of being born, finding his feet and trying to get a feed into his belly has tuckered him out," chuckled Duo.
 
"Looks like it," mused Heero. "It should make examining him a little easier though."
 
"You mind holding him while I check him over?"
 
"No problem."
 
As the two men approached so Scythe raised her head and gave a soft whinny. She was hungry, all that effort had drained a lot of her energy and she was eagerly looking forward to her dinner. At the sound of his mother's voice so the little foal stirred. It took him a moment or two to properly wake up and when he did and managed to scramble to his feet, he found himself enclosed by strong arms. He gave a snort and tried to buck but he still wasn't in complete control of his limbs so the effect was wasted.
 
Heero caught the foal as he stood up, wrapping one arm around the small chest and the other one around the hind legs, right in the curve of the hock and grasping the small tail. Held in this position the foal couldn't hurt the handler and was effectively restrained.
 
Shinigami was most affronted and let his displeasure be known with a shrill whinny and snort.
 
"I've got him secured, Duo," said Heero softly as he adjusted his position slightly so that the foal was still held firmly but gently.
 
Scythe gave a concerned wuffle but Duo soothed her with a few soft words and pats. The mare stayed close, hovering over her newborn but instinctively trusting the soft spoken human. After all, he'd never hurt her in the past so she had no reason to distrust him.
 
Duo slipped the ear pieces of the stethoscope into his ears and quickly checked over the foal's ribcage, listening to the lungs and then the heartbeat. He checked the respiratory rate and heart rate, satisfied that they were normal before inserting the thermometer into the foal's anus to check his temperature. It was also normal. A quick check of the membranes of the foal's eyes and mouth confirmed a healthy circulation. Duo felt over the thin but strong legs noting each bump and feeling the swell of the tendons beneath. Lastly he pulled the vaccine from his pocket, quickly swabbed a spot on the foal's neck and injected the tetanus shot. The foal gave a little squeal as he felt the prick of the needle but it only stung for a second.
 
"You can let him go now, Heero. I'm finished," said Duo as he capped the needle and slid it back into his pocket, stepping back from the foal at the same time and giving the baby room to move.
 
Gently, Heero slipped his arms from around the newborn and shifted to the side. Immediately he was released, Shinigami gave a disgusted snort and shook his head. He shot away from Heero and dived around behind his mother where he peeked out at the two humans from the safety of Scythe's flank. When the two humans made no attempt to come after him again, Shinigami stuck his head underneath Scythe's flank and found the udder, sucking a teat into his mouth he began to feed on the warm milk and settle his fears.
 
Duo watched in amusement for a moment. "Come on, Heero. We'd better get these animals fed and Zero settled for the night so we can get some dinner ourselves."
 
"Okay. I'll fetch Zero if you want to feed Scythe. The sooner we get them done the sooner we can eat. I've still got to get my clothing sorted out and check that my shirt doesn't need re-ironing, plus I have my boots to clean as well."
 
"I'll meet you in the stables then," said Duo and gave his boyfriend a kiss before disappearing to fetch Scythe's dinner.
 
By the time Scythe was rugged and fed and Zero similarly settled it was dark and Duo's stomach was rumbling. They secured the stable block, checked Scythe again and then headed for the house and their own dinner. Heero went through to his room to fetch his jodhpurs, jacket, shirt and tie while Duo made a beeline for the shower and then the kitchen where he started to get dinner ready.
 
Looking up from the frying pan as Heero reentered the kitchen, Duo gave an amused smile. He could hardly see Heero underneath the pile of clothing he carried. "All of it okay?" he asked as Heero set the items down over the back of a kitchen chair.
 
"Yeah. I think I will need to put the jacket in for a dry clean though after this show," Heero replied as he sniffed the armpits of the jacket.
 
"Getting a little ripe?"
 
"Just a touch." Heero sorted the items out and placed them inside the suit protector, zipping up the front so the clothes inside would remain clean and free from dust or dirt. Once they were all secured he took the hangar and hung the suit protector with his clothes inside on the hook on the back door. That way he wouldn't forget them in the morning. "What's for dinner?" he asked as he came up behind Duo and wrapped his arms around the vet's waist, nuzzling the nape of Duo's neck. Duo smelt of soap and his skin was still slightly damp from his shower. It was an improvement on his earlier state though.
 
"Just throwing together a mixed grill, hope that's okay?" replied Duo as he rolled the sausages in the pan.
 
"Fine with me," said Heero softly and continued to kiss Duo's nape.
 
Moaning softly Duo did his best to concentrate of cooking which wasn't easy when you had a hunk like Heero paying homage to your skin. Duo wore a pair of loose sweat pants that rode low on his hips; his chest was still bare as he hadn't bothered to put on a shirt. "Keep that up and you'll be getting burnt offerings," he groaned as Heero found the sensitive spot behind his ear and tormented it.
 
Chuckling softly, Heero released his 'prisoner' and went to set the table.
 
"Did you call Trowa and Quatre and let them know the good news?" said Duo as he fished the bacon out of the pan and set it on the kitchen paper to drain.
 
"Iie, I haven't."
 
"Would you mind doing it? I need to keep going with this and if we don't ring them and let them know we will never hear the end of it. Blondie will be most affronted and a pissed off Quatre isn't a nice thing, especially after all those carrots he's been bringing."
 
Heero laughed. "I'll go call them now. I can imagine what his reaction will be though, he'll be around here in a flash."
 
"Just tell him it's too dark now and that mother and son need to rest. He can call around tomorrow after the show or something and coo to his heart's delight," snickered Duo.
 
Still chuckling to himself, Heero headed for the 'phone to make the calls. "Shall I ring Hilde as well?"
 
"Shit! Yeah, you'd better. That woman will have my ass if we don't let her know."
 
Hilde had formed a special bond with the mare, always paying her a visit when she came to work each day and bringing a treat of some sort with her for the mare. Scythe enjoyed the attention the woman gave her and looked forward to Hilde's visits.
 
Duo returned to his cooking while Heero made the calls.
 
* * *
 
After dinner Duo did the dishes while Heero cleaned his boots, they discussed the reactions their friends had had to the news of Scythe's foaling. True to expectation, Quatre had wanted to come out there and then and visit the new arrival but Heero patiently explained about the pair needing rest and privacy to get to know each other and reluctantly Quatre agreed to wait until the 'morrow.
 
Hilde had similarly been overjoyed and quizzed Heero on the foaling, what had happened, was the mare okay and did she need any treatment? Heero had answered as best he could, which seemed to placate the other vet for the moment but Heero knew that Hilde would be giving Duo the third degree as soon as she saw him.
 
With the chores out of the way, Duo made hot chocolate and Heero took his shower. Sitting in the lounge room with the television playing some old romantic movie, the pair enjoyed the peace of the evening. Snuggling together had never felt better now that they knew Scythe was okay and the new addition as well. Heero was feeling decidedly happy. He had everything he'd ever wanted. A loving partner, a successful career in business and his horse was going well. Now he had another addition to his 'family' and Heero felt truly content.
 
Duo was also feeling happy. Scythe had delivered a healthy foal with minimal fuss, his practice had exceeded even his expectations and he had a loving, considerate boyfriend. Life was good. Duo snuggled deeper into the warm arms that surrounded him, tucking his head under Heero's chest and listening to the strong heartbeat. Heero was also shirtless and wearing sweat pants and Duo couldn't resist stroking his fingers over the warm, golden skin. He felt the muscles shiver beneath his touch and traced further patterns on Heero's flesh. Gradually he worked his way to Heero's nipples and teased at them, smiling as he felt them harden under his fingertips.
 
Shifting his position slightly, Heero managed to work a hand free so he could return the soft caresses to Duo's skin. His hand wandered over the creamy expanse, enjoying the trembles that passed through the other man's body as he coaxed it to arousal.
 
Duo moaned his pleasure as Heero's hands teased him and by way of retaliation he let his head slide down Heero's chest to locate a nipple with his mouth and suckle lightly on it.
 
"Oh god," moaned Heero as his hand paused, his brain suddenly cutting off all non necessary functions to concentrate solely on the pleasure.
 
"Enjoying that, Heero?"
 
"Too much," moaned the accountant and began to shift his hips as his cock hardened.
 
Duo's body was also reacting and he shifted his own hips to press against Heero. When a hand found its way to his sweat pants and began to rub his half hard erection through the cloth, Duo groaned. He ached to be touched, longed for stimulation and craved it to the point where he was thrusting against that teasing palm.
 
Heero's own inner battle was similar to his long haired partner's. He felt Duo's mouth falter as he pressed against the vet's cock and smiled to himself. His smile soon turned into a gasp as Duo's hand began to roam over his lower back and then to his backside. The cheeks were squeezed and massaged and all Heero could do was groan his enjoyment.
 
Running his hand over Heero's rear end only increased Duo's arousal and he felt something deep inside him finally snap and begin to unravel. Panting slightly he raised his head and found Heero's lips, kissing the dark haired man deeply. When he pulled away he searched Heero's eyes, noting the lust, trust and love swirling in those cobalt depths he made up his mind. He lightly nibbled along Heero's bottom lip as he sought to voice the words he wanted to say. Struggling with his larynx for a moment he managed to get it to work and his voice came out thick and husky.
 
"Let's go to bed, Heero."
 
~ * ~
 
tbc....