Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Family Ties ❯ Chapter 35 ( Chapter 35 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XxXxXxX
 
Chapter Thirty-Five
 
XxXxXxX
 
“Yes, I'd like to speak with Isis Winner please.” Quatre stated to the hospital operator.
 
“And you are?” The elderly woman questioned in a nasally voice. Her cold eyes studied what she could see in her monitor, and frankly, she wasn't impressed.
 
“I'm a family member.” The blonde answered carefully.
 
“That patient's file states that she has no family.” The woman snorted. “I've got better things to do than deal with snot nosed kids making prank calls.”
 
“I'm not pranking you ma'am.” The teenager bristled, “I really am a member of her family, and I want to speak to Isis Winner. Now please put me through.”
 
“No can do.” She denied, “If you were who you say you are; then you'd know that she isn't in a condition to be able to use the phone.”
 
“I know that Isis is Catatonic.” Quatre bit out through clenched teeth, barely reigning in his anger. “That's the good thing about a vid-phone. You don't HAVE to hold it, in order to use it. Now please put me through to her.”
 
“Sorry, but your request has been denied.” She snipped, not sounding the least bit apologetic.
 
“Fine.” The strategist took a calming breath. “Put me through to your supervisor.”
 
“Dr. Lector does not have time to play nonsense games with kids.” She moved to disconnect the call.
 
“DON'T hang up on me.” Quatre warned, his voice dropping dangerously. “You keep talking down at me, accusing me of playing pranks and wasting time, when all along, YOU'RE the one who is playing ring-around-the-rosy and wasting MY time. I have better things to do then listen to your BS! NOW, I'm going to ask you Once more. Put. Me. Through. To. Isis.”
 
“Don't call here again, or we'll be forced to notify the police of your harassment.”
 
>Click<
 
Dumbfounded and completely furious, Quatre glared daggers at the screen that would have made Hiiro cringe. “They're hiding something.” He seethed, his tone calculating.
 
“I know.” Came the reply as arms circled around thin shoulder. “I could feel it when Duo and I first went there.” Trowa placed a gentle kiss on the smaller boy's shoulder. “When do you want to leave?”
 
“I have to settle with Hiiro first.” The strategist shook his head.
 
“Quatre…” The banged boy's embrace tightened as a rush of protective emotions filled him.
 
“Do you trust me, my love?” The empath whispered, closing his eyes as he opened his still fragile senses to his sould mate's emotions.
 
“Implicitly.” Trowa whispered, his heart speaking volumes, “But I can't help but fear…”
 
“I trust him.” Quatre assured, “Just… Whatever happens… Don't blame him.” Azure eyes locked onto emerald, “This was my idea, not his.”
 
“I can't promise anything, angel.” Trowa shook his head, “But… I…” He swallowed, /“I give you my word that I won't interfere.”/
 
`I know you won't…' The smaller teen thought back as he ran his fingers along the other oby's face before leaning into a gentle kiss.
 
“Quat…” The telepath murmured, reaching behind the blonde's neck to lace his fingers in fine silken strands, effectively deepening their kiss, while his other hand slipped under his love's shirt teasing the sensitive skin.
 
“Mmmmnh…” The boy moaned, “Trowa…”
 
“I love you, Quatre.” Trowa stated, leaning his forehead against the other's, /”Never forget that?”/
 
The blonde ran butterfly kisses down his love's neck as his fingers pulled at the obtrusive shirt, “I love you, Trowa…” He paused to kiss the banged boy's lips with all the passion built up in him, `Always.'
 
XxXxXxX
 
Staring up at the ceiling, Quatre allowed tears to fall unchecked. Beside him, Trowa slept soundly, thanks in part from their mind-blowing sex; but mostly due to the drugs that were slipped into his lunch earlier in the day.
 
The empath would openly admit he was scared. That he had thought twice, three-four-twelve times about calling the whole thing off… but he knew. He knew that an innocent soul would suffer if he didn't take responsibility, as unfair as it was. It had to be done.
 
He leaned over and placed a gentle kiss on the unconscious boy's forehead, “I wish you could be there for me…” Quatre swallowed, “But for all your promises, I know you'd interfere… and I can't allow you to get hurt because you were trying to save me.” He whispered, before untangling himself from his love's embrace and quietly getting dressed. Before leaving, he placed a sealed envelope on his pillow. “I love you…”
 
XxXxXxX
 
“Hiiro, please don't do this!” Duo pleaded, pulling on his lover's arm, “Quatre is our friend, our family! He's a loyal soldier and a kind civilian! He's saved Trowa, Wu Fei, Me and YOU! Countless time! WE OW HIM! HE DOESN'T DESERVE THIS! HIIRO-PLEASE!?”
 
Sharp cobalt eyes nailed the near hysterical violet in a freezing glare, “This is the only way, 02.”
 
Shinigami shook his head defiantly, “I won't let you!”
 
“You will.” The perfect soldier ordered.
 
“THE WAR IS OVER DAMN-IT! I don't have to take your fuckin' orders ANYMORE!”
 
“Duo-koi…” Hiiro whispered, his tone gentler, as he reached out for the distraught teenager. “Trust me.”
 
“How can I trust you, when you're planning on MURDERING my best friend!?” the boy screamed, ducking away from the other's touch. “HOW can you call me `love,' when you're stabbing me in the back!?”
 
“You don't understand, Koi.” He sighed. “But hopefully you will when you wake up.”
 
The braided teen's eyes widened as he stepped back, the color draining from his face, “W-When I wake up? W-What are you talking about?” His violet eyes flicked to his half-eaten grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup. “You bastard…” He gasped, shaking his head, “You bastard! You drugged my food!”
 
“Gomen ne, Duo…” Quatre appeared, seemingly out of no where. Slender arms wrapped around the tense teen's shoulders in a warm hug. “It was necessary.”
 
“Quatre… No… W-Why…” Duo slurred, as his vision blurred and his knees buckled, falling into Hiiro's waiting arms.
 
“This is for the best.” The blonde repeated, his heart heavy with guilt and uncertainty.
 
“You don't have to do this… You could run.” Hiiro whispered, laying his love gently on their bed.
 
“Run?” The condemned empath echoed, “I could run… but they'll send you after me and there's just no hiding from you. Or they could just hurt whomever they're threatening because you didn't follow orders. Besides, running would be cowardly. My father ran right into the arms of Death, because he couldn't handle things when they got rough. I won't be the same type of person, Hiiro. This is my fault for being born the way I was, and I'm not going to run from it.” He turned determined azure to lock with uncertain Prussian. “Believe in what you can do, Hiiro. I trust you.”
 
The perfect soldier gave a curt nod, “Then let's go find 05.”
 
XxXxXxX
 
“Are you out of YOUR MINDS!?” Wu Fei hollered.
 
“We've already sedated Trowa and Duo.” Quatre warned, “We need a witness.”
 
“Why me? What makes you think that I'll just stand by and allow this to happen?”
 
“Because your honor will not allow you to interfere.” The blonde stated firmly. “This is between Hiiro and myself, but we need someone who won't be bias.”
 
“Winner-“
 
“Wu Fei, please.” The empath pleaded, “It's the only way I'll be free.”
 
The Chinese warrior sighed, a heaviness falling on his heart. Reluctantly, he nodded his consent. “Alright… I just hope you two know what you're doing.”
 
“So do we…” Quatre exchanged an uneasy glance with Hiiro.
 
XxXxXxX
 
“Is the camera all set?” The blonde asked, trying to keep his nervousness out of his voice. Hiiro was tense enough, being put in this position in the first place; and although Quatre trusted him, he couldn't help but feel apprehensive.
 
“Hai.” The Japanese boy nodded, double-checking the video link. “Quatre…” He met the smaller teen's eyes, silently pleading for the new-type to change his mind.
 
“You can do this, Hiiro.” Quatre assured. “Besides… It's your mission.”
 
“My mission…” The other boy echoed, his soldier persona beginning to take over.
 
Wu Fei shifted from one foot to the other, unease rippling off of his body in a thick aura as Quatre took a deep breath to prepare himself for what was to come.
 
`Please, Allah… let this work…' The Arabian silently prayed.
 
“Commencing with the execution of Gundam pilot 04; for the distribution of classified information.” Hiiro droned, his tone cold and detached as he raised his gun at the defenseless blonde. “Eyewitness: Gundam pilot 05.” The perfect soldier addressed, “Status of target?”
 
The Chinese pilot swallowed harshly as he took Quatre's wrist. The calmness in the smaller teen was unnerving to say the least. Silently, he searched those knowing azure eyes for some sort of reassurance. “Pulse- 80 per minute.” He announced, stepping back.
 
“Vitals recorded.” 01 acknowledged. His gun hand subtly trembled as he aimed for the heart of his dear friend…
 
And pulled the trigger.
 
XxXxXxX
 
To be continued…
 
:: Pouting ::
Where is everyone?
Did the horrid thing known as school swallow you all?
Read and Review!
Please?
:P
Weissangel24