Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Family Ties ❯ Chapter 36 ( Chapter 36 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
XxXxXxX
 
Chapter Thirty-Six
 
XxXxXxX
 
The deafening sound of the gun firing rang in Quatre's ears. His breath caught in his throat as the tiny projectile thudded into his chest. A rage of icy fire burned its way into his heart.
 
`Oh, Allah!' His mind screamed where his voice could not, `TROWA!'
 
And time stood slowed to a crawl;
His senses became numb from the intense pain that engulfed his being.
 
He couldn't hear his friends yell…
 
He couldn't see their faces…
 
He couldn't smell the metallic tang of his own blood…
 
Nor could he feel its steady flow as it left his body.
 
He couldn't sense the overwhelming guilt that claimed his executioner.
 
He was oblivious to all.
 
Gundam Pilot 04 was dead.
 
XxXxXxX
 
It was all Wu Fei could do not to run to his friend's aid, not to cry out in horror, to remain unresponsive. He knew that if he were to react, that it would cost them all their lives. Drawing upon years of discipline, he forced himself not to move until 01 gave the order.
 
XxXxXxX
 
The Perfect Soldier remained impassive as he watched his target's crimson life-force spread across his chest; as soulful azure eyes clouded with pain and his breath strangled in his throat. 01 did not move when 04 wavered before collapsing in a boneless heap. He did not react as his comrade's heart stopped and his skin grew cold.
 
The Perfect Soldier did not lose control.
 
Inside, though, Hiiro was in agony. His soul racked with guilt. `Quatre, Quatre, Quatre…' he silently wept, `Forgive me, my friend… forgive me…'
 
XxXxXxX
 
“Check him.”
 
05 blinked. The sudden command startled him. “What?”
 
01 glared at the Chinese Preventor. “Check him.”
 
Swallowing, Wu Fei approached his former comrade's body. Struggling to quell the intensely sickening wave of guilt and remorse, he reached out and took 04's slender wrist.
 
“Report.” The impatient soldier demanded.
 
The ebony haired pilot hung his head. “No pulse. 04 is dead.”
 
Squaring his shoulders, Hiiro turned to face the screen. “Mission Complete. Terminating Transmission.” He reached out and switched off the camera.
 
“Hurry, Hiiro!” Wu Fei urged, trying to stifle the blonde's blood flow. “We can still save him!”
 
The Japanese boy just stood there.
 
“HIIRO! Your friend needs you!”
 
“I'm not his friend.” The boy whispered, “His friend would have protected him. His friend wouldn't have shot him!”
 
“I don't believe this!” The other teen glared, “Whether or not you're his friend can be debated later! He is your friend and he trusted you! Now get your ass in gear and save him!”
 
Still the boy wouldn't move.
 
“Damn You!” Wu Fei shouted. “Think about how much it killed you to lose Maxwell! You'd put Barton through that?”
 
“Give him to me…” The teen whispered, kneeling by his friends and reaching out for the pale boy.
 
Silently, the Chinese boy backed away as he watched the healer take the lifeless body into his arms. `Please, Nataku… Let this work…'
 
XxXxXxX
 
To be continued…
 
Yey!
You survived the evil school!
You reviewed!
I got four death threats!
(and that makes me happy!?)
Don't mind me.
Another update soon.
 
:P
Weissangel24