Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Forsaken Bonds ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Forsaken Bonds

Important Notes:You might recognize this story because I posted it on ff.net under The Crystal of Life. Now the reason for the title change is I started this fic a while back and was going in a very different direction than I've now decided to take. Now these three chapters are pretty much the same as the ff.net ones except I reread them and realized some errors, so I just fine tuned them up a bit. A brand new chapter will be up soon, thanks for your patience

Rating: PG-13 at the moment I'll let you guys know if it changes ^ ^

Warning: Yaoi 1x2, 3x4, AU, Fantasy (Vampires, Dragons, Sorcerers….ect), Maybe a little OOC, a few swears, maybe a lemon thrown in somewhere… if that happens ill give you far warning don't worry …

Disclaimer: First off the G-boys obviously aren't mine *sobs* No matter how much I wish they were. Coughs anyways… Just about any other character that you find in this story that doesn't appear in Gundam Wing is mine. There is one or two ideas that I took from the book called "The Heart Of Mythreal" (that might be spelled wrong I can't find the book to check) in this story. Great book you guys should read it ^ ^. Anyways on to the story hope you guys enjoy!

Chapter 1

Rain poured down from the heavens above flooding any one crazy enough to be out on a day like this. Heero shivered violently under his cloak, the last vain attempt he made at trying to stay dry. He didn't know why he even bothered with the thing; it was already soaked right through offering no cover at all. Every rain drop that landed on Heero's skin felt like an agonizing needle piercing it. He scowled wondering what his tutor J would have thought if he saw the boy now, having so much trouble with a little rain. Obviously throw him back into the torture chambers tell he couldn't feel any part of his body. He cursed as he almost lost his footing, his legs were numb and he knew going on like this would be impossible. He really was becoming weak he thought scornfully. This mission was extremely important and he couldn't afford to fail, the whole world couldn't afford that. No failure was definitely not an option.

~Baka!~ He heard a mental curse inside his head. A slight smirk ran over his face glad that his partner had finally caught up. The FireSprak landed gracefully with one swoop beside Heero. Heero knew he was going to get a lecture from the dragon like creature.

~You complete and utter fool!!! It's fucking pouring out!!!~

~I am fine Wing.~ Heero replied back mentally. The FireSprak just mentally rolled his eyes. He knew that the young dragonlord definitely wasn't fine. He also knew that the lecture received would be futilely dismissed. After all you weren't someone's partner for 400 years and not learn a thing or two about that person. Still Wing couldn't help but continue on hoping that perhaps one day his words would sink into Heero's thick skull. Yes the mission was important, but certainly not as important as one's life. Yep that one detail never even crossed Heero's mind, the mission was everything. Wing cursed J, that idiot, for doing the things he did to Heero. The man may be dead, but the consequences of his experimentation were very much alive in Heero's body.

~You should have called me if I had known you were in so much pain I would have flown faster. Hmph I only got wind of the pain a few hours away from here.~ Heero didn't reply he had thought several times to call his partner, but he found that he had become much to dependant on the FireSprak. He had to endear the pain himself encase his partner wasn't there for him one of these days. Wing sighed in defeat knowing this was obviously going nowhere.

~Well jump on.~

~I don't need your help.~ Heero snapped back. Wing knew enough not to get offended by Heero's snappy replies by now. He also could clearly hear the wince of pain that had been etched along with those words. He ignored his partner and grabbed Heero gently with his jaws placing him on his back. Wing immediately brought his long sliver wings back to make a protective covering over Heero. The rain was kept completely off of the dragonlord.

~You're welcome my friend… You mine as well get some sleep your going to need to be fresh when we reach our destination.~ Heero nodded, despite himself he snuggled into the warm feathers of the dragon. They were softer than any pillow in any of the worlds, and of course warmer, heat radiated off the wings warming Heero's freezing body. He knew his friend was wasting energy keeping his wings burning like that for him. The dragonlord in him screamed to yell at the baka to stop wasting energy, while the human part of him couldn't bring himself to complain about the pleasurable experience. So Heero choose to keep quiet and enjoy the warmth. He would never admit this to Wing, but this was one of the few places he felt safe, safe from the world which had been so cruel on himself and many others. He supposed wing already knew, the FireSprak could read him like a freaking book. Heero had always considered himself to be in complete control of his emotions making it so no one could read them. When he partnered with Wing though, no matter what walls he tried to keep up the FireSprak always saw through them.

Heero let his eyes slide shut letting himself be lulled into a sweet slumber. One which wouldn't be plagued of nightmares, at least he hoped.

Wing sighed feeling Heero's consciousness slip as the boy fell back into slumber. ~At least he's asleep~ Wing muttered mentally. He honestly didn't get why he had to be so stubborn. He knew Heero thought it was weak to depend on someone else, but for god sakes he had almost been half dead. Wing didn't want to even think about what would have happen if he hadn't shown up. Water had a really terrible effect on Dragonlords, so did the coldness, but rain was worse. A dragonlord's body had to be in constant heat. Any kind of water that hit the skin of a dragonlord felt like a thousand knives being stabbed into them at once. If one is exposed to a lot of water then the dragonlord can die. Heero was very different from most dragonlords of his kind. One drop of water usually sent excruciating pain through their bodies, yet Heero could withstand an entire downpour without falling unconscious. Obviously another effect of Heero's training… not such a bad one, but it definitely wasn't worth the torture Heero had undergone. Wing shook the thoughts out of his head not wanting to dwell on the past. What was done was done and nothing could change that.

A few hours passed and Wing arrived at the Shadow World Walls. He gently nudged Heero awake knowing the boy would want to inspect the walls going to the Shadow World.

~We are here~ Wing stated instantly waking Heero from his slumber. Heero jumped off of Wings back, not back to full health yet, but at least he was warm again. He inspected the shimmering walls carefully. They reached up as far as the imagination could go, a never ending barrier between the worlds. They kept all sorts of unwanted creatures from entering into certain worlds. Very few creatures could handle enough power to open the barriers. Heero had been trained a long time ago to harness the power of the Walls.

~I don't see any breaches in this one…. How about you Heero?~ Wing questioned as he to inspected the walls.

~Hn… We couldn't even do much even if we found one. Let's continue on into the Shadow World. The creatures in this world are dying with all this rain. We have to get to "Altum Urbis" before it's to late.~ Heero noted looking back at the world they had come from. ~You should change… I don't want the Shadow creatures to know there's a dragonlord amongst them… and you're a dead give away.~ Heero stated. Wing only nodded as a soft white glow illuminated the area. In a flash there was no longer a huge sliver dragon, but a miniature one that could fit in Heero's pocket. Heero rolled his eyes why he choose this form was beyond him. The FireSprak just laughed as he flew into Heero's pocket.

With that taken care of Heero gently put his hand up against the shimmering wall. He let his power flow from his body into the shimmering barrier. Electricity shocked through the area making an enormous crackling sound. Sparks flew around the air as the wall split in two almost like a curtain. Heero proceeded through the walls, once he past them they fell back into place with a snap.

Heero shivered as a feeling of pure ice swept up his spine. He hated the Shadow world for one simple fact, Vampires. The shadow world was the vampire's world, and a vampire was a dragonlord's worst enemy. They are half demon half human creatures who tended to be tricksters, feeding off the blood of others. Infact they had taken a liking to the dragonlord's blood. Heero guessed it was the power that flowed through a dragonlord's blood that made them so much more appealing than humans. He shuttered again feeling there power all around him, he quickly cloaked his own power before they could track him. He cursed mentally he should have done that before walking through the walls. Hopefully he hadn't caught any of the monsters attention.

~What's the hold up?~ Wing questioned from inside Heero's pocket. Heero shook his head clearing himself of his thoughts and quickly went to the direction of the nearest town. Heero didn't seem to notice the pair of shining eyes that had been watching him since the moment he walked through the walls. The shadow took after him making sure to stay far enough behind so as not to be discovered.

It didn't take long for Heero to reach the town. It looked nice enough from the outside but Heero knew what lurked in the shadows. Heero quickly made his way through the practically empty streets. He glanced backwards feeling eyes on his back. He had excellent night vision and even better hearing. He could also sense when a vampire or any other magical creature was near. Well almost any other creature there were a few elder vampires and such that could cloak themselves from even Heero's superb abilities. It was highly unlikely that one of these elders was in a small town like this though. They usually kept more to the capital. At least he hoped that those rumors were true. Deciding he was being and idiot, and way to jumpy, Heero headed to the inn.

As Heero walked in the girl at the counter eyed him carefully. They often got in late vampires demanding a room sometimes even having their next victim with them. The girl decided quickly that this wasn't a vampire. He was indeed strange, but not a vampire.

"Can I help you?" The girl asked as Heero made his way over to her.

"A room?"

"Sure thing 50 nixes for one night." Heero nodded handing her over the money. "First door on your right if you need anything just ask." Heero quickly left towards the direction the girl had pointed to. He was extremely tired and couldn't wait to get to sleep.

A dark figure stood outside of the inn, shadows covering most of the figures features. He etched the hotel into his mind letting a smirk lay across his lips. This would definitely be an interesting night, he was sure of it.

More Notes: Ok well first off I didn't really explain this in the story but there is a way to block your mind from being read by others. It's just sometimes when you are deep in thought you tend to forget about the block and sometimes let certain things slip past. It really depends on how skilled you are in both areas ^ ^. Heee so that's why sometimes Wing picks up on different thoughts and stuff like that. Anyways sorry it took so long for this part. I've been pretty busy! Well hope you enjoy ^ ^!