Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Forsaken Bonds ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2

Heero yawned a bit as he thought of the dreams that haunted him. He just didn't understand why these nightmares of the past always came to him. He wished they would just go away forever. The dream had been even more intense in this world, perhaps it had something to do with the make up of the shadow world or something.

"What would you like?" A man asked bringing Heero out of his thoughts.

"Huh…" Heero questioned confused. He gasped finding himself inside of a bar. ~How in the world did I get here... I need to start paying attention to were I'm going~

"You can't stay in here unless you order… so either its out or order?!" The man repeated letting his anger show. It had been a long day and this obviously wasn't a vampire so there was no need to be polite.

"Is that any way to treat a guest?! Where are your manors?" Heero turned to his right to find a figure half cloaked in shadows leaning against the wall. The person didn't seem to be much older than Heero as far as he could tell… Then again Heero's body didn't exactly give away his age either.

"Maxwell-sama… I I…. Uhh."

"I don't hear an apology…"

"Oh… umm of course you can stay as long as you like sir… you don't have to order anything…. Infact it's on the house order anything you want!" With that the man hurried behind the counter hoping to seek refuge. The man who had been referred to as Maxwell stepped out of the shadows. Heero could clearly see the smirk of amusement that followed after the man behind the counter. Abruptly the gaze was turned back to Heero.

"He shouldn't be bothering you anymore." The man stated gesturing to the bartender. Heero couldn't even nod in response; he was too wrapped up in the vision in front of him. The man had piercing amethyst eyes with a spark of life that he had never seen in any other creature. Soft slick chestnut brown hair was wrapped into a braid flowing down the boys back. His skin was pale only adding effect to the beauty in front of him.

Duo smiled noticing the way the boy was eyeing him. Duo had had many lovers and knew he was attractive. He wasn't being conceded or anything, but some people were just born with a certain exquisiteness. The boy in front of him certainly didn't lack any splendor himself. With cobalt blue eyes, messy brown hair, and a well defined body, Duo was almost drooling himself. None of his lovers had ever been this attractive. He only supposed it was suited though, since a dragonlord was truly a magnificent being anyways.

He sighed softly yes he knew that the man in front of him was a dragonlord. No matter how much the being tried to cloak his power the sweet scent that marked all of his kind still drifted through Duo's sensitive nose. He gasped at the strong bond he could already feel pulling him towards the brown haired beauty. A dragonlord's blood was like a deeply additive drug to all vampires, even the higher level ones. When dragonlord and vampire alike had lived in the same world, vampires had often feasted on them. Most vampires could not handle the extreme urges that a dragonlord's blood caused. Thus the vampire slowly went insane doing anything in order to get another taste of the sweet delicious liquid. It was said to be like no other taste in the worlds and only extremely powerful vampires could handle the cravings.

A long while back when Solo had first changed Duo the boy had caught a dragonlord. Solo hadn't let Duo touched the dragon lord's blood. This had enraged the young vampire thinking the boy didn't trust him. He now knew that Solo had only been trying to protect him from the unbearable cravings. That had been the last time Duo had felt the dragonlord's power, and any sign of their scent in the shadow world. They had all retreated behind the shimmering walls, where not many vampires could venture. He himself could if he so wished, but he had no desire to be overwhelmed by their power. No dragonlord had walked into the Shadow World after that. So you could imagine Duo's surprise when he felt the familiar sensation. Not many would have been able to pick it up, the dragonlord being quick to cloak his powers, but Duo had. He wondered vaguely why a dragonlord would ever come to this world again. The answer was evident as he realized how urgent the problem with the shimmering walls must be. If it was effecting the dragonlord's to a point where a trip had to be made then obviously something was seriously wrong.

Duo suddenly realized that he and the boy in front of him had just been standing there for over ten minutes silently staring at each other. The vampire could tell the dragonlord was thinking deeply since he didn't seem to notice the lingering silence either. Duo was curious as to what the boy was thinking, although he could always take a peak into his mind. Yes Duo Maxwell could read minds as well as control them. He could also do a lot of other fancy things, but he decided almost immediately to give the boy a fair chance. After all he always got what he wanted in the end anyways.

"I'm Duo Maxwell. I run, I hide, but I never lie." Duo decided it was time to break the silence between them. Plus he was getting ever so curious to what the boy sounded like. Not to mention he didn't even know his name yet.

Heero jumped at the sound of the other boy's introduction. He looked up realizing the boy had his hand out to go along with the greeting. Heero eyed it trying to decide whether there was immediate danger or not. When the answer came up with no he found no other reason why he shouldn't greet the boy.

"Heero Yuy." Heero replied before he could stop himself. He made no move to take the other boys hand. Duo frowned slightly when the boy didn't take his hand. He had wanted to see what it felt like. Duo shoved that thought aside before even more enticing thoughts flooded his mind.

"Well Heero welcome to the Shadow World!" Duo exclaimed. "You must be new around here I've never seen you before."

"I'm a traveler." Heero stated simple. Duo nodded sitting down next to him. He could tell immediately that this one didn't talk a lot… but he didn't mind since he could probably talk enough for the both of them.

"Where are you traveling to?" Duo questioned not sure if he'd get an answer out of the dragon lord. He had seemed reluctant to respond to Duo about his name nevermind his journey.

"Altum Urbis" Heero replied before he could stop himself. He scowled realizing his mistake. He couldn't seem to help it, despite just meeting the young man he seemed oddly at peace with him.

"Really? The Holy City of the ancients eh? You must have a lot of powers to go through the walls ne?" Duo ventured knowing he was pushing it. Heero shrugged and abruptly got up. He headed for the doors when Duo quickly snatched his wrist without thinking, he didn't want to let the dragonlord slip through his grasp. Heero immediately stiffened at the feel of someone touching his skin. He absolutely hated it when someone touched him it usually gave him quite a lot of pain. Although Duo's touched seem to bring soft tingles through Heero's body. He wasn't sure if this was a good thing or not. All he could think to do was glare at the hand stopping him from moving. Duo shuttered not really liking that glare directed at him. He coughed lightly and reluctantly removed his hand from Heero. Duo had considerable enjoyed the feeling of Heero's soft skin against his own. He realized Heero was waiting for him to state why he had held up the dragonlord. "Do you have a place to stay?" Duo questioned not sure what else he could have said at the moment. He usually wasn't nervous around people but Heero had a strange affect on the vampire.

"Hn." Heero replied nodding which Duo guessed meant a yes. Duo smirked getting up to stand next to him.

"Great! I need a place to crash so you can show me the way ne?" Duo didn't even leave any time for objection as he lead Heero out of the bar.

They reached the hotel Heero had checked into in no time at all. Heero found that the bar actually hadn't been to far away.

"Duo-chan what are yea doing here?" The girl who had checked in Heero greeted with a smile.

"Aw just need a place to crash for the night Kaiko think you could manage." Duo replied batting his eyelashes at the young woman.

"Oi hmm I suppose I could take you in for just one night." The girl now known as Kaiko replied smiling despite herself. Duo grinned in return handing her over some nixes. He knew very well that he hadn't needed to pay but he refused not to. Kaiko was about to protest but a knowing glare from Duo caught those words right in her throat. "Well have a good night you two." Kaiko stated winking in Duo's direction. Heero glared lightly at the tone of voice she had used towards that statement.

"Come on Heero lets go to our rooms it's late." Duo stated avoiding mentioning that the dragon lord looked tired. Judging from his stubborn attitude if Duo had pointed out a "weakness" like that Heero wouldn't have slept for months.

Duo was quite pleased to find Kaiko had placed his room next to Heero's. He had to remember to thank the woman next time he saw her. Duo sighed slightly as he realized that this would be where he and Heero parted.

"So I guess this is where we say goodnight ne?" Duo stated glancing in Heero's direction. There was nothing he'd rather do than slam the dragonlord against the wall and take him right there. Yet he knew it was way too soon. He had to gain Heero's trust before anything… and to do that he would have to find an excuse to travel with him. This was exactly what Duo planned to do all night. Heero grunted in response to Duo's earlier statement as he fished around in his pocket. He finally pulled out a pair of keys to his room and slipped it into the lock. Duo sighed again as the man disappeared behind his door.

This was going to be harder than he originally had thought. He mentally shrugged always up for a challenge, in the end he always won, that's just how things were. Duo quickly opened his door and entered his own room to think of excuses to travel with Heero.

~Who the hell was that?!?!~ Wing questioned in an outrage. The FireSprak had accidentally picked up on a bit of the strange person's thoughts and he hadn't liked it one bit. The person seemed to have some fascination with Heero and that just wasn't allowed. He would not allow his partner to be hurt any more than he already had been. Heero raised an eyebrow at Wing's outbursts as he threw his jacket down onto the chair. ~Well?~ The FireSprak demanded. Heero only sent him back one of his famous death glares meaning 'Don't mess with me tonight I'm tired so just leave me alone.' Heero promptly undressed and fell back onto his bed ignoring the raging Wing in his room. After fifteen minutes of ranting Wing finally realized that his partner had fallen asleep. He sighed in exasperation deciding he would give Heero and earful when he was actually awake. Wing was sure the lecture would at least have a little more effect if the person who was getting it was actually awake.

~Whoever that was he won't hurt Heero.~ Wing decided before letting himself drift off to sleep.

The next morning Heero woke up considerable early. For once he hadn't been plagued by dreams, which was always a good start to a day. Heero glanced beside him and almost gasped at the sight. A male with wisps of shiny sliver hair slept peacefully next to him. After the shock wore off the male opened his eyes, which happened to be a beautiful shimmering gold, and sat up next to Heero.

"Wh… why are you using your human form?" Heero questioned scolding himself for stuttering. He hadn't meant to let out some emotion even that little bit. He couldn't help it, the FireSprak absolutely never used his human form. Heero wasn't exactly sure why this was, for Wing's human form was extremely attractive. Although he did know that Wing had once fell in love with a beautiful young woman. They had been soul mates destined for each other. Heero knew that Wing loved her deeply and never had wanted to live without her. This had been way before Heero's time of course. Anyways being a dragon *even in human form* you don't exactly age. The woman he had fell in love with had been purely human, so she had grown old and eventually died. Heero guessed that the FireSprak didn't use his mysterious human form in honor of the woman he loved. Or he was afraid to let anybody else see him like this, in fear that his heart would once again be torn apart into pieces.

Heero had only seen this form once and this had been on request. At the time the FireSprak had been reluctant, but had decided to let Heero see him. Heero knew it was something he would never forget.

"I just feel like being human today." Wing answered knowing it was a lame excuse and Heero would see right through it. The truth was that Wing felt he could protect Heero better as a human rather than a small stuffed FireSprak. He wouldn't lose another person he cared for just because some shadow demon had some attractions to his partner. "Well Heero we still need to cover a lot of ground, shall we be on our way." Heero nodded in response deciding he wouldn't pursue this anymore than Wing wanted him to. The FireSprak had obviously avoided his question and didn't seem to feel like talking. Which Heero of course understood completely? There were just some things that needed to be left alone.

Suddenly Heero's thoughts absently wondered to Duo. Wondering if should tell the man he was leaving. As soon as he caught onto his train of thought he immediately squashed the idea. How absurd the boy probably had already left himself. Heero still couldn't help the wave of sorrow that seared through his body.

Wing raised an eyebrow towards Heero as he caught up on some of his thoughts. This Duo must be the one that was with him last night Wing thought gritting his teeth.

"Let's go." Heero stated bringing Wing back to the present. The boy nodded and followed his partner outside into the shadowed weather.

~~Siberian~~