Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Forsaken Bonds ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Authors Note's: I know I know I've neglected this story!!! I'm so sorry guys!!! But I switched computers and lost all my ideas for this story so than I had to start from scratch ~ ~! But I finally did it!!! Thanks all who reviewed and I hope you like this chapter… and a few notes on their powers

Heero: telekinesis (most people prob know but moving objects with the mind)

Wing: levitating (Floating in mid air)

Chakram- This is a round disk made of metal and the middle is opened. If you've ever seen Xena she has this weapon ^ ^! Now onto the story!

Wing seethed silently as he glanced back for the millionth time behind them. He was frustrated… well that was a bit of an understatement. They had been traveling for hours down the dark dreary paths of the Shadow world. If you could even call them paths, the weeds and plants were so overgrown that it took up all of what must have once been a path. Well not only had they been traveling for hours, but they had been traveling for hours with someone trailing them. He couldn't help but wonder why Heero hadn't done anything yet. He knew the young dragon lord knew about the follower and they were coming up to the walls soon. So why hadn't he done anything? Wing shook his head in confusion.

Heero glanced over to his travel companion knowing the Firesprak was just a bit edgy. Truth be told he himself was a bit on edge, which he berated himself for. He knew there was someone following them, no doubt one of the main reasons Wing kept glancing back every five minutes as if they were being chased. Heero had long sensed their little follower, though he didn't feel any hostility so he let it continue. Why he did so was beyond him. After all if they were discovered it would be disastrous for all the worlds.

Heero suddenly stopped abruptly startling wing, ~What is it Heero?~ The boy questioned pushing back a stray strand a shiny sliver hair. Wing doubted that the abrupt stop had been caused by there follower; Heero had been going on for hours without seeming to be too worried about their companion. So what was the cause for this sudden change? ~Heero?~ Wing tried again when he had gotten no answer the first time. Heero was scanning the trees searching for something, even with his excellent night vision it was still hard for him to see past the overgrown ferns.

Meanwhile Duo hadn't even noticed the two had stopped. He had been too wrapped up in his thoughts. Duo wondered who the boy with the dragonlord was, he concluded that it had to be his partner, but he had often heard stories of dragonlords. Stories that stated that a dragonlord's partner was far from human, the boy next to Heero didn't look to human-like as it was. Gold strands of hair highlighted the pale sliver making a serene picture, and those eyes screamed inhuman. If you were ever looking to see if a being was human or not Duo knew the place to look was their eyes. Eyes were often called the windows to the soul, and most of the time you could tell if there was power flowing throughout a body by their eyes. The more unusual or the brighter someone's eyes the more powerful they were.

Duo suddenly colluded with something soft but strong, making him fall onto his butt. He cursed looking to see what he had hit and saw Heero's partner scowling at him. Only then did he become aware that he had come out of hiding and bumped into the two who had stopped. He coughed nervously ready to try and explain his presence when he noticed the dragonlord wasn't even paying him any attention.

"What's going on?" Duo questioned glancing around, he two had excellent night vision probably as good as Heero, but as with Heero the overgrown shrubbery made it hard to focus.

"Be quiet he's concentrating." Wing hissed back under his breath. Then both Duo and Wing felt it, twelve other presences, they quickly surveyed the area to try and find their hiding places.

Wing spotted a shadowed movement and quickly drew out his chakram ~I'm going to attack~ was the only warning he gave to Heero before with blinding speed the chakram flew through the air slicing threw skin and returned to its owner. Two headless bodies' fell to the ground as soon as the chakram was back in Wings hands.

Six more creatures, that Heero recognized as vampires jumped out from the trees two of them aiming at each of them. Heero quickly drew out his sword wasting no time in slicing one of them into small pieces. The other one wasn't as easily defeated, she twisted out of the way of the gracefully swiping sword before it could hit her. While Heero's back was slightly turned she landed a low punch to his side. Heero ignored the searing pain in his side and swiped his sword again at the woman who jumped onto a branch.

Wing replaced his Chakram back onto his waist and withdrew daggers. They glowed blindingly white with his energy surging threw them. He quickly jumped up and floated for a moment making the two below him confused, as he landed both daggers impacted his targets. Blood oozed onto his hands as the two bodies fell to the ground. Meanwhile Duo held up his hand as a black shadowed scythe appeared. He pointed it towards the two that had attacked him.

"Be gone this is no place for you." He stated his voice barely audible. His violet eyes grew brighter as they glowed slightly in the darkness. The chain around his neck also lit up, the two vampire's eyes widened at the site. They quickly retreated into the trees.

"This is not the end of us!" The woman who had attacked Heero and gotten away, exclaimed throwing something towards Heero before disappearing into the darkness. Heero stopped them with his mind and let them fall lifelessly to the ground. Wing surveyed them than snorted.

"Poisoned darts." He stated simple kicking them slightly. Heero nodded in acknowledgement even though he had already figured out what they were.

"Who were they and what exactly did they want?" Wing questioned bringing his gaze over to Duo in suspicion. "We haven't had any problems until you started trailing us." Wing stated obviously brining the blame to their unwanted companion.

"Well they were vampires… but I'm not sure what they were after… I've never seen them around here before." Duo replied thoughtfully ignoring the other's implication. He knew Heero's partner was not fond of him and he was just fine with that.

"Go back to where you came from." Heero stated finally turning around as if Duo had been dismissed.

"No way! I'm coming with you guys!" Duo replied grabbing onto Heero's arm to keep him from leaving, he received a death glare from Heero in return, but blissfully ignored it.

"And why do you exactly want to join us?" Wing questioned.

"You guys said you were going to the 'Altum Urbis' right?" Duo started already knowing the answer.

~You told him where we are going???~ Wing snapped mentally thoroughly shocked with Heero. That was completely unlike the perfect dragonlord, to reveal their destination could mean failure, and that was something Heero never would accept. Heero sighed mentally choosing not to comment to Wing, he had enough problems with the leech attached to him. Not that he wasn't enjoying the sensation, actually it felt quite good to have the other close to him, tingles ran throughout his body making a pleasant sensation. Heero quickly stopped those thoughts; he couldn't think of such things like that, it had to be this weird world getting to him. He was weaker in this world and that was why these unusual thoughts flowed through him, or at least that's what he tried to convince himself.

"You can't just go into the 'Altum Urbis' for no reason." Heero finally replied.

"But I do have a reason. It would be obvious to a blind man that there is something very wrong going on here. The walls are failing, tons of sunlight is getting into our world and soon it will be killing off the creatures here! They are my family and friends I don't want to see them hurt! Therefore I want to help you guys fix the walls." And some other reasons of my own Duo snickered to himself silently.

"You would probably slow us down. What makes you think you would be any help to us." Wing replied running a hand through his sliver hair.

"I'm more powerful than you might think." Duo answered simply. ~That's what I'm afraid of~ Wing thought silently to himself.

"Well I'm going whether you want me or not! Wouldn't it be better if I was on your side though ne?" Duo stated bouncing next to the silent dragon lord who seemed less than amused.

"Do what you want." Heero finally replied pulling away his arm and heading on.

"But but Heero!" Wing started totally baffled, he couldn't believe his partner had just agreed without even a fight. This creature that seemed so determined on following them definitely had an affect on his partner, whether Heero wanted to admit it or not. Duo gave Wing a smug look before following after the dragonlord, Wing held back an attack knowing it would be useless. Duo had hidden powers that neither knew about and Wing was to smart to engage himself in a battle when he knew nothing about his opponent. The odds were too high against him for now, but that could change as their journey continued on. He had pledged to himself that his friend would not be hurt again, and he planned to keep that promise no matter what.

Meanwhile in the darken woods far off from the three travelers going to the 'Altum Urbis' six figures walked silently towards their own destination.

"Akurei let me help you." One of them stated next to their leader in concern. Akurei looked to be twenty one, but in reality she was much older than that, all of them where. They had all died at young ages not able to live their lives out fully and happily.

"I don't need help." She growled out holding a hand to her side. The dragonlord they had attacked earlier had made a nasty slice in her side. It wasn't too much to worry about, with her fast healing system it would be fine within the day, but right now it hurt like a bitch.

"Yes and that is why we have to go slowly and can't transform." Hidama answered huffing slightly he was annoyed that their stubborn leader wouldn't accept his help.

"I can't believe they killed six of us off without even breaking a sweat." A soft whispered sighed from next to Akurei. Akurei herself sighed she blamed herself for her friend's demise. She of course was their leader and should have foreseen that they were not strong enough to go after them, but how was she to know that their targets had an ancient with them. It was all their lord's fault, if he wasn't so god dam set on them doing his biddings than they wouldn't have lost six of their own tonight. ~No it's your own fault you should have been watching out for them.~

~It's not your fault, so stop beating yourself up, and accept my help~ Hidama mentally whispered to ensure their leader. Akurei pushed back a midnight black piece of hair with her unused hand and then gestured for the other to help her. It wasn't worth it, she was too weak to refuse and she knew Hidama enough to know he wouldn't back down. ~Be my guest but don't say I didn't warn you that I was heavy~ She mentally added as he picked her up with ease. He only laughed in response. Akurei's mind suddenly went dark as she realized she would have to explain to their lord that they had failed, something that didn't often happen to her. She knew he wouldn't be happy and the repercussions of this wouldn't be pretty, that was a sure thing.

~Don't worry too much about it~ Hidama stated picking up on her train of thought.

~I can't help it. You know he wouldn't hesitate to hurt one of you guys and I refuse to let him do that~ she replied determinedly.

~I know I know… just rest for now. So you will be strong enough to up hold that promise.~ She nodded burying her head into his warm chest and quickly drifting off to sleep. It had been a long night and she was extremely tired.

Hidama sighed as Akurei's mind eased into sleep. He knew she held a lot on her shoulders and he wished she'd share some of the load, but that was just how she was. He scowled at their so called lord for making them go through this; it was in truth all his fault. Hidama knew they had to get away from him or they would all slowly be destroyed. That thought alone would get himself killed, he sighed again trying to figure out what to do, but as with all the other times he came up with no answer. He supposed they would have to wait until an opportunity showed itself, he could only hope one would soon. For now he figured they just had to lay low, hopefully that would work.

~~Siberian~~

*Yawns* I'm too tired to write anymore. So this will have to do for now. Thanks again for all who reviewed before *huggles* I love you all ^ ~!