Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Frabbles on Moments ❯ Heerology ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Heerology
 
I wrote Secret perfection out of a need to write in character for once. So, since I got a good turnout for that, I'll do it again. ^^ I am writing this under the influence of Pepsi. Yes, Pepsi has magical writer's-block-lifting qualities. I am also under the influence of 24 hours non stop Gundam Wing. Yes, another magical cure for writer's block. I patent these cures ^^…however, I cannot patent the characters used in this story as they belong to some company somewhere…somewhere…
 
 
At some point in everyone's lifetimes, they find that they undergo certain changes in attitudes. When we're young, we naively believe that we are safe from everything. When we hit a certain time, however, that feeling of security slowly breaks as you come to realise, bit by bit, just what the world can do to you.
 
When you're young, you have a limited range of emotions stored in your psychological vocabulary. But, as you grow older, you experience new emotions. Betrayal, guilt, pride, vanity but mostly love. This is the result of knowledge. We begin to feel these emotions as we learn how to.
 
Relena saw, as she watched her relationship with Heero Yuy grow, just how true this was, yet so untrue when it came to her headache of a boyfriend.
 
It was another Heeroism.
 
 
Heero Yuy was neither the first to appear at Relena's scheduled meetings, or last. As a matter of fact, he always entered the modernised, leather-clad conference rooms the second the clock tower outside struck to the meeting's designated time.
 
When one describes someone as prompt, one usually allows 1 or two minutes here and there. Heero just doesn't see it that way.
 
It didn't really bother Relena that much until she started her assessment of him. This was the hero Yuy that people saw all the time. But in her own time, she saw someone completely different.
 
The Heero that wore immaculately shined boots, a badge perfectly parallel to his waist and the buckle of his belt exactly in the middle of the two front loops was the Heero everyone saw. Ministers, diplomats, friends, agents, citizens all saw him that way and thought nothing of it…as if it were a law of nature.
 
The Heero they saw was a robot. Heeroism number one…Agent Yuy is a robot.
 
To her, however, a different rule seemed to apply. The Heero she saw in secret, whether in her limo or at `unscheduled outer-space conferences', made unbelievably obviopus mistakes that she found cute in a way she only could with Heero.
 
To make a mistake is an imperfection in everyone's eyes, but when she saw Heero drop his coffee or walk into a lamppost, she loved him even more.
 
Every robot has glitches. Heroism number two…Heero Yuy is flawed.
 
She loved every part of him. She loved the robot that keeps her safe and stays strong for her, but she loves so much the imperfect man that tells her she's beautiful and makes her laugh…even if unintentionally.
 
This relationship grew only over a long period of time…which makes it all the more special. One always feels a greater satisfaction after working longer on a project or a paper for the next summit, in her case. It was the same for relationships.
 
They had gone slowly from acquaintances, to trusting partners, to friends, to good friends, to best friend who share everything and anything, to kissing one day under the clock tower during a Christmas parade.
 
She remembered that moment clearer than any in her life. It was snowing lightly and nearly everything around them was white; tall office buildings, the many materialistic superstores with their red and gold and green displays and the fairy lights adorning it all, and the red brick paved ground. The fountain was iced over, and people played merrily on the lake nearby. Everything seemed to glitter, not just because of the lights that were hung from every post and rooftop, but because of the pure happiness that was spread that day.
 
She had remembered even what they wore, form her overly fluffy fur-lined coat to his very tattered black bomber jacket. He loved that jacket. He wouldn't let her wash it for anything.
 
Heero was stubborn, like a big kid. Heeroism number three…Heero Yuy was subtle.
 
The parade was originally the object of their attention, along with the many gifts she had yet to buy for her co-workers. She had stood their rubbing her mitten-clothed hands together while breathing on them, in a fruitless attempt to warm them, only occasionally stopping to peel a roasted chestnut she fished from her pocket. He was, however, always there to pinch it from her just as she was about to pop it into her mouth.
 
Heero loved his chestnuts. Heeroism number four…Heero Yuy has his preferences.
 
Eventually, the glitzy parade had become less appealing and she was only really staring into a patch of empty air in the same direction. It's what people do at Christmas. They blank out at the feeling of sickening excitement and can't concentrate properly. Concentration, after all, is what you do at work.
 
That was what Heero did all the time. Heeroism number five…Heero Yuy was always aware.
 
That day was no exception, though he had been aware of other things rather than just blanking out altogether. He wasn't a Christmas person. That should be another Heeroism, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why.
 
She knew at the time something was bothering him other than the bright, flickering lights only when she actually managed to get a chestnut into her mouth. At that point she looked at him, taking her eyes off the parade once and for all. He was looking at her differently. But she couldn't tell why.
 
His eyes were unfathomable. Heeroism number six…Heero Yuy was complexed, and as deep as an ocean.
 
When he let his cotton coated hands warm her face and his lips warm her forehead, she could have sworn time stood still, that the traditional carols sung in the background and the cheers of the citizens all stopped in awe of what was happening.
 
It was after he had looked into her eyes and seen the confirmation of her pleasure that appeared in the form of a light blush on her cheeks beside her already frost-reddened nose, did he close his own eyes and warm her quivering lip with his own.
 
She remembered that kiss everyday. It was romantic. A silly thing to say, but it was. She remembered mostly the taste of chestnut that should have been hers in the first place finally finding home.
 
Home…Heeroism number seven…Heero Yuy was her home.
 
She smirked remembering that immediately after that kiss he had slipped on some compressed snow beneath his boots. She had never laughed so proudly, so lovingly and so heartily as she did that day.
 
Heeroism number eight…he was human.
 
`In conclusion, I guess everyone is a Heero, says Relena Darlian, PhD in Heerology.'