Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Going For Gold ❯ Chapter 19 ( Chapter 19 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G boys, I just borrow them from time to time and return them a whole lot happier. I do own the plot and any other characters, especially the equines, that you will find in this fic. Please do not take them without permission. Written for pleasure not profit.
 
Pairing: 2x1x2, 3x4, 13x6, H+C
 
Warnings: Yaoi, lemon, sap, angst, vet themes, AU
 
Rating: NC 17
 
Archive: www.gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com Anyone else please ask.
 
Betaed by Yami_tai & ginny *snugs*
 
Summary: Eighteen months have passed since Heero was advised he was short listed for the Olympic games team. With Zero going well and young Shinigami almost ready to make his showjumping debut, Heero looks set to reach his goal. Life though doesn't always play by the rules.
 
Dedication: To Leslie who gave me the original idea for Equinity.
 
Fic 3 in the Equine Intervention Arc.
 
"Going for Gold"
 
January. 2007 ShenLong
 
 
Chapter 19
 
With a low moan, Duo managed to untangle himself and stand up, pulling Heero with him. "I want to make love to you, Heero."
 
"Then make love to me, Duo."
 
Duo needed no second invite. He swooped in for another searing kiss, leaving them both breathless. Hips began to press and rub together as both men's excitement started to rise. Gently, Duo tugged Heero in the direction of the bedroom, still kissing as they stumbled their way. Once inside the bedroom, Duo took Heero's lips yet again in a torrid kiss, his tongue pushing forth and seeking out all Heero's weak spots. He plundered them ruthlessly.
 
A low moan forced itself from Heero's throat, the rider clutching desperately at Duo's shoulders as his mouth was pleasured, his knees shaking whilst his legs threatened to give out on him. He found himself maneuvered to the bed, the pair of them falling sideways and landing on the soft mattress with a rush of escaping air from both their lungs. Duo recovered quickly and within seconds had Heero flat on his back, legs dangling over the edge of the bed whilst he pushed Heero's t-shirt up to expose his chest.
 
Skin shivered with the sudden kiss of the cool air and then shook as knowing fingers scraped lightly towards a nipple. Said nipple was thoroughly examined, pinched prodded and tweaked until it stood in a stiff peak, begging for more stimulation. Teeth grazed across the sensitive skin, nipped and sucked lightly on the nipple before moving to the other one and paying similar homage to the caramel bud.
 
“Ahh, yes!” Heero hissed through his teeth, unable to do much else right now other than moan his encouragement.
 
Duo continued to lave attention to Heero's chest, alternating between the delicious nubs whilst his hand and fingertips began a serious exploration of the remainder of Heero's chest and stomach. Muscles rippled and twitched beneath the touch, encouraging Duo to continue.
 
Managing to regain some of his brain cells, Heero brought his own hands to sneak under Duo's shirt and trace patterns across the vet's back. Duo's back was highly sensitive and one of the vet's erogenous zones, as Heero had accidentally discovered one evening when curled up with his love and enjoying a movie.
 
Squirming lightly under the touch, Duo began to pant as he felt his body react to Heero's touches. His groin tingled, eyes closed in bliss as nerve endings came alive and supplied the long haired man with pure pleasure. Duo groaned when Heero found a particularly sensitive spot just above his buttocks and began to stroke lightly over it. “Mmmm... I think the clothes have got to go,” he managed to pant out.
 
“H - hai,” Heero agreed and reluctantly pulled his hands from under Duo's shirt.
 
They separated long enough to be able to get their shirts off, Duo's hand going to the zipper of Heero's pants and teasing it down. Heero lifted his hips to allow Duo to pull his jeans from his body, briefs following the same fate seconds later. Once he was bare to the bedroom walls, Heero's hands reached for Duo's slacks, fingers curling through the belt loops to pull Duo close enough that Heero could undo the button and fly. Those slacks were soon history, joining Heero's jeans somewhere on the floor, the vet's boxers following almost immediately.
 
Now gloriously nude, the pair stretched out properly on the bed, side by side and allowed their fingers and eyes to roam freely over each other's body. Touches were gentle, more a discovery and re-acquaintance of familiar territory, caresses and strokes letting the other know how much they were loved and cared for.
 
Duo spread his legs a little wider to allow Heero's fingers to wander freely over his groin. Heero took advantage of the offer, brushing his finger tips through the coarse hair and then tracing lightly over Duo's balls. The vet's testicles moved inside their protective sac, whether hiding from or seeking more of the touch, Heero couldn't say, but he teased all the more.
 
Wanting to pleasure his lover too, Duo's hands began to wander. They rubbed lightly over Heero's chest and abdomen, by passing Heero's groin and reaching for his muscular thighs. Fingers coaxed moans from Heero's mouth as they traced lightly over the sensitive inner thigh, skipped across the perineum and then down the other thigh.
 
“Good, feels good,” Heero groaned.
 
With a soft smile, Duo continued to ghost his fingers over Heero's thighs, watching in amusement as his partner's cock twitched with frustration. A firm grasp to his own shaft caused Duo to gasp and his fingers to cease in their torment for a moment. Heero's hand gripped him perfectly and began to stroke, providing stimulation to Duo's already highly excited body.
 
As his hips thrust into the contact, Duo worked his fingers over Heero's heavy sac and stroked tenderly along that patch of skin. Working slowly but steadily back, Duo found the small entrance and began to circle it, teasing the rich nerve supply and eliciting more moans from Heero.
 
Panting heavily, they both pulled apart for a moment and ceased their ministrations. Duo dove in and took Heero's lips in a bruising, demanding kiss, igniting the fire further.
 
“Need you,” Heero panted.
 
“I need you too, Heero,” Duo groaned.
 
Heero wriggled a little then shoved the lube into Duo's hand. “Hurry, I don't think I can last much longer.”
 
With a wry chuckle, Duo took the tube and opened it. Squeezing a generous amount into his hand, he passed the tube back to Heero who had lain fully on his back now and spread his legs wide.
 
It was an intoxicating sight.
 
“Prep me.”
 
With a loving smile, Duo's fingers found their target and smeared the lube around. Cautiously he worked a finger in, moving slowly and wriggling to loosen the tight muscles. He felt Heero relaxing around him and pushed the finger in deeper. A second was added, stroking the inner walls and stretching the muscles even more.
 
The feeling was indescribable, the slow stroking of his inner walls was firing the nerve endings and sending them into a frenzy. Heero began to push back against Duo's hand, riding his fingers and demanding more.
 
“You ready for me?” Duo asked as he watched the wanton display before him, his fingers moving in and out of Heero driving his own desire higher.
 
“In me, now,” Heero demanded and grabbing the lube, he began to slather it along Duo's length.
 
“Ahh, crap,” Duo moaned as his cock was lovingly stroked and covered with the slippery gel.
 
Heero spread his legs wider and tugged on Duo's cock, forcing the vet to follow the pull or lose something vital.
 
“Okay, okay. I get the message,” Duo snickered and took over. He positioned himself on his knees between Heero's spread thighs and grasped the base of his penis. He guided the head to the waiting hole, glistening and stretched, just begging to be invaded. Swallowing roughly, Duo placed the head of his cock against the muscles and began to push. He watched, fascinated as his cock head began to slide inside, those taut muscles doing their best to try and keep him out. Suddenly the resistance was gone and the tip was swallowed by Heero's body.
 
Duo groaned and held himself still for a moment, eyes closed as he fought the rising tide of pleasure. Beneath him, Heero lay still, eyes also closed as the sharp burn of entry made itself known. It only lasted for a couple of seconds and then began to retreat, leaving Heero panting and eager for more. He shifted his hips and opened his eyes, watching Duo's face contort with pleasure.
 
"Move," Heero demanded. "I need you so much," he added.
 
Duo's hips began a slow retreat, pulling himself from inside Heero's channel as the slick muscles did their best to hold onto him. Having pulled out a couple of inches, Duo pushed forward again, seating himself once more inside that hot, moist passage. He moved slowly at first, only pulling out a few inches at a time, increasing the length and depth of his strokes as Heero's body relaxed to accommodate him. Once those muscles had accepted his intrusion, Duo picked up the pace a little.
 
"Good," Heero groaned as he raised his own hips to meet his lover's and increase the depth of penetration. Arms worked their way around Duo's shoulders, one hand running the length of the vet's spine to grip at a taut buttock, enjoying the feeling of his lover's muscles straining under the silky skin.
 
"You feel incredible, Heero," Duo moaned against his lover's neck where he'd tucked his head. His lips kissed and nipped the skin, sending jolts of pleasure through Heero's body.
 
"Harder," Heero commanded and thrust his pelvis hard against Duo's.
 
Levering himself up a touch, Duo took his weight on his arms and drew his knees a bit further under himself. Then he began to thrust in earnest. His blood was on fire, the nerves in his cock were massaged by the tight muscles of Heero's sheath, stimulating him further.
 
With each inward slide of Duo's cock, Heero's inner walls were caressed. With each outward slide those same walls were left bereft and wanting, only to be caressed again. It was a continuous cycle of need and want, desire and pleasure. Heero thought he would pass out from the intensity.
 
Angling his hips slightly, Duo found Heero's sweet spot, the rider bucking wildly beneath him as pleasure overloaded his nervous system. Duo aimed to hit that spot as often as he could, he was so close to coming and he didn't want to leave Heero behind when the wave finally hit.
 
Sparks ignited behind his eyes, heat flooded his blood as nerves seared from the intensity of the pleasure he was being gifted. Somehow, Heero managed to work a hand between their heaving bodies to locate his neglected erection. He found it and fingers curled reflexively around the thick shaft. He began to stroke.
 
Skin slid against skin, slick with the sweat from their exertions. Breathing became labored as air was sucked desperately into lungs to fuel the muscles needed to find completion. Brains shut down to baser functions whilst vocal chords ceased all coherent words and retreated to a series of grunts, moans and pleas for more.
 
Heero was the first to fall, his orgasm suddenly hitting him hard as Duo's cock found his prostate once more and rubbed ruthlessly against it. He screamed his pleasure to the four walls of the bedroom, thick, milky fluid spurting from the tip of his cock and coating his hand.
 
With Heero's fall into orgasm, his passage began a series of muscular contractions, effectively trapping Duo's cock within and teasing it mercilessly. Duo did his best to hold off a little longer - but to no avail. His climax tore through him, catching him by surprise and leaving him panting. His seed erupted from the tiny slit to be swallowed by Heero's bowels, those strong muscles continuing in their contractions and milking him of every drop.
 
With a groan, Duo collapsed on top of his sated lover, the last ripples of his orgasm flowing through him, sending tiny shivers through his body. Heero's arms came around his lover, holding him close despite the mess that was on his belly and hand and most likely gluing them together. They relaxed against each other, enjoying the intimacy of contact as they bathed in the afterglow.
 
As the warmth of their orgasms began to recede, the chill of the evening air made its presence known. Reluctantly, Duo began to stir and pull slightly away form Heero. His skin stuck to his partner's for a brief moment, then let go. "Yuk," Duo muttered.
 
"I second that statement," Heero said. "I think you took a layer of skin with you."
 
Duo chuckled. I think we really need to keep some wet wipes in here."
 
"Might be an idea," Heero mused as he felt the unmistakable trickle of semen escaping his ass. "Shower would be good."
 
"Best idea I've heard all day."
 
"Oh? The making love idea wasn't to your liking?" Heero teased.
 
"Let me re-phrase that. The showering is the second best idea," Duo snickered. "I'm always up for the first idea."
 
"Come on, clean up first then change the sheets. I'm tired and I'd like to get some sleep tonight.""Right with you, Heero."
 
* * *
 
The next morning saw Heero out of bed fifteen minutes earlier than usual. He figured he'd need the extra time with another horse to look after. He put the kettle on to boil then went back to the bedroom to pull on a pair of old sweat pants and windbreaker. Duo grunted softly from underneath the covers.
 
"Wha's the time?" Duo's sleepy and slurred voice managed to penetrate through the blankets.
 
"A little after seven," Hero replied as he hunted for his socks.
 
"Too early. You don't normally get up until about half past."
 
"Got an extra horse to look after now,” Heero offered in explanation. "Ah, there you are." Heero snatched the missing sock from under the edge of the bed and pulled it on.
 
"Coffee?" A pair of hopeful, violet eyes peered out from under the doona.
 
"Kettle's on. I'll bring you in a cup shortly."
 
"God, I love you."
 
"You only love my coffee making skills," Heero teased.
 
"Well, there is that too. Oh, the cute butt goes a long way to scoring brownie points."
 
Heero laughed and shook his head. "I'll be back bearing the sacrificial coffee in just a moment," he snickered and then left the bedroom.
 
The kettle was just starting to boil when Heero returned to the kitchen. He fetched the cups and made a coffee for Duo, tea for himself. Carrying the mugs through to the bedroom, he handed the coffee to his lover who was sitting up in readiness.
 
"Thanks,” Duo said as he took the offered mug and sipped at the contents. "You want a hand with the nags?"
 
"I should be okay by myself, but if you want to come down and help, I won't object."
 
"I don't mind. Besides, I'd like to see how Angel is this morning, plus Zero needs his injections and I want to check his cast."
 
"You going to x-ray again?"
 
"Yeah, after morning consults."
 
"Right." They sipped their beverages in silence for a few moments then Heero spoke again. "I'll go ahead and get started. See you when you come down." He leaned in and pressed a soft kiss to Duo's lips.
 
"Won't be long," Duo replied and licked his lips, tasting Heero on them.
 
Heero left to put his boots on and start getting the feeds out, Duo lay back enjoying the warmth of the bed and Heero's kiss for a little longer, then decided he'd better get himself mobile.
 
* * *
 
Zero neighed loudly as Heero slid the door to the stable block open, Scythe whickered and Shini gave a bellow. Angel stood with her head over the stable door and watched in amusement.
 
"Morning, all," Heero greeted as he disabled the alarm system and turned the monitoring system off. Walking down the line of stables, he patted each horse as he passed. Shini first, then Zero, Scythe was next and Angel last. Turning, Heero walked across the breezeway and unlocked the feed shed door. Moments later he had three buckets in hand and was walking out to the paddocks.
 
Dumping the feeds in the bins, Heero mixed them up. When he put Scythe and Angel's feeds in, he made sure to put the feed bins a little way apart. He didn't want to two mares fighting over food. With the breakfasts now in, Heero picked up the empty buckets and made his way back to the stable block.
 
Duo was waiting for him when he got there, patting Scythe and feeding the black mare sugar cubes.
 
"She's developed a real sweet tooth," Heero commented dryly.
 
"I don't give her that much," Duo replied in defense. "Besides, I don't want her to feel neglected now that Angel's here." He turned back to the mare and petted her gently. "You're still number one in my book, girl," he said softly.
 
Scythe nudged him gently.
 
Deciding it was better not to argue as his lover would only continue to tease him, Heero grabbed Shini's lead rope and went to fetch the young stallion. "I'll put Shini out first."
 
"Good idea," Duo replied absently from where he was still petting Scythe.
 
"I'll come back for the two mares. You can lead Scythe if you like."
 
"Will do."
 
With a shake of his head, Heero led the youngster from his stable and out to the paddock, leaving his partner to continue his fussing over Scythe. When he returned, Duo had put Zero's feed in and given the stallion his pain killer and antibiotic injections. "Thanks," Heero said as he moved to fetch Angel's lead rope.
 
"No problem," Duo replied as he clipped Scythe's lead rope to her halter. "You putting these two in together today?"
 
"Yeah, I thought I might as well. They seemed to get on okay over the fence yesterday and I'll be able to keep an eye on them for a few minutes to make sure they settle down together okay."
 
"I'll check on them both during the day," Duo said as he led Scythe out.
 
"Thanks."
 
Both mares were led to the paddock, Duo taking Scythe to her feed bin whilst Heero did the same with Angel. They unclipped the lead ropes and stepped out of the paddock to see what the pair would do. Scythe immediately began to eat her breakfast, completely ignoring the other mare. Angel lowered her head and took a mouthful of her food then gazed across at the other mare. Chewing, she seemed to contemplate her paddock companion for a moment and then with her mind made up, she walked over to the other mare.
 
Scythe could see Angel coming, but she didn't stop her eating. Angel stopped a few meters away and stared, then she took a few more steps forward. Scythe continued to eat, eyes fixed on the other horse. Angel stopped just short of Scythe and extended her muzzle. Scythe lifted her head from her feed bin, chewing methodically she extended her own muzzle to meet the filly's. They blew softly at each other for a moment before Scythe retreated to take another mouthful of food. Angel came closer, pushing her muzzle towards the feed bin. Scythe laid her ears back in warning and stamped a hoof. This was her breakfast!
 
Angel stopped and stared. Then she extended her muzzle again. This time Scythe raised her head from the bin, ears flat back and gave the filly a warning snap of her teeth. Angel lowered her head in submission and retreated back to her own food. The pair settled and began to eat their feeds.
 
"I think they will be okay now," Heero said in an amused tone. "Angel knows Scythe is the boss and she won't push it."
 
"Good. I don't want to be having to treat more of your equines for injuries," Duo chuckled.
 
"I hope not too," Heero returned.
 
The pair returned to the stables and began the task of cleaning them out and all the other work that went with owning horses.
 
* * * True to his word, Duo kept an eye on both mares throughout the day. Once the food had been finished, the pair seemed to slowly gravitate towards each other. Duo was pleased to note that by lunch time the mares were grazing side by side and looking completely content. Catherine had noticed his slightly odd behavior, disappearing three to four times during the morning consults and then reappearing with a satisfied smile on his face. She didn't get a chance to question the vet though as she was far too busy keeping up with the steady stream of clients and paperwork that was involved.
 
As the number of clients began to dwindle, indicating the morning's consults were drawing to a close, Catherine finally got her chance to ask just what the hell her boss was up to. "Doctor Maxwell?""Yes, Catherine?"
 
"I know it's probably none of my business, but, you seem to be a little distracted and keep disappearing today. Is there anything I should be worried about?"
 
Duo chuckled. "No, nothing to be concerned about at all." Duo gazed out the window. "Heero bought a new horse," he said absently.
 
"Heero did what!?"
 
"He bought a new horse," Duo repeated, an amused smile now playing on his lips.
 
"But... What's wrong with Shinigami? I thought Heero was going to concentrate on getting Shinigami through the grades and compete on him now that Zero's unable to be ridden any more."
 
"Oh, he is," Duo said cryptically. "This new horse is a filly and she isn't broken in."
 
"What would Heero want with a filly? You already have Scythe."
 
"Exactly."
 
"Doctor Maxwell, could you please explain this to me in simple terms? I'm starting to get a headache with all these guessing games." Catherine began to rub at her temples in exasperation.
 
With a cheeky grin, Duo did explain Angel's presence, the reasons for buying her and Heero's hopes for the future.
 
With everything in place, Catherine finally understood. "Oh, can I see her? She sounds adorable."
 
"As soon as consults are over, I'll take you out to the paddock to meet her," Duo promised.
 
"Thanks."
 
* * *
 
True to his word, once the morning consults were finished, Duo took Catherine out to meet Angel. Both mares came over to the paddock gate when the humans arrived. Scythe knew that human visits usually meant food so she was quick to walk over. Angel was only a few paces behind, respectfully keeping her distance, but interested in what the humans wanted.
 
Catherine admired the filly, petting her and offering her the carrots that Duo had given her on their way to the paddock. Duo petted Scythe, slipping the older mare a couple of sugar cubes.
 
"She's lovely, Duo," Catherine enthused as she continued to pet the filly.
 
"She's certainly something," Duo agreed. "She'd have to be special to have caught Heero's attention. He's positively in love with her," he chuckled.
 
"Jealous?" Catherine teased.
 
"Nah, no need to be." Duo nearly added that Angel didn't come with the sort of equipment Heero preferred but stopped himself before he could. Instead he replied with, "She's hairy and got four legs. Heero prefers two legs and smooth skin." He gave the receptionist a wink.
 
Catherine blushed. "Too much information there, Duo."
 
"You're the one that started it," Duo teased back.
 
"Maybe, but she's a very nice filly and I wish Heero all the very best of success in breeding her with Zero. She should produce some nice foals."
 
"Heero is hopeful," Duo mused as he gave Scythe one last pat.
 
"Well, good luck to him, he deserves it after all the rotten luck he's had."
 
"Yeah, he does," Duo stated softly. "Come on, we'd better get back to the surgery, I've got a grass seed removal to do."
 
"Coming," Catherine replied and with one final pat to the filly, Catherine followed Duo back to the surgery and waiting operation.
 
* * *
 
The dog lay stretched out on its side, unconscious. Cathy adjusted the flow of anesthetic and oxygen through the mask currently covering the end of its nose and looked up to give Duo the go ahead to start operating.
 
The dog had been brought in early that morning with a lump the size of a golf ball at the back of its jaw and top of the throat. Duo had immediately suspected an abscess caused from a grass seed and had tried, unsuccessfully, to locate it by using a very fine needle inserted into the lump. No pus had escaped and Duo had been left with the choice of either probing around deeper, or operating to find the seed - if that's what it was. He'd explained to the owner that it could be a grass seed lodged deeply inside, or it was possible it might be an infection in the dog's salivary gland. Either way the best option would be to operate. The owner had agreed to the operation and Duchess had been placed in a kennel to await surgery that afternoon.
 
Now Duo would find out the truth behind the swelling. The scalpel was poised above the lump and once Cathy gave the all clear, he brought the scalpel down and incised the skin. He had to go a little way in, exposing the salivary gland and pleased to find it wasn't infected. That meant it had to be a grass seed. But where was it?
 
"I know you're in there somewhere you little bugger. Now come to me," Duo muttered as he probed around with a pair of long nosed forceps. "Ah, shit."
 
"Yuk!" Catherine said as the pus began to ooze out. "I think you found something."
 
"Yeah. Let me see if I can open this up a little more and get it to drain better." Duo fiddled around a little more, bringing the suction nozzle to the wound and sucking up as much of the escaping pus as he could.
 
Catherine placed swabs around the area, cleaning up what bits of the infected matter the suction missed.
 
The foul liquid seemed to spill out for quite some time before turning into a trickle. "I'd say that's most of it," Duo said as he fished around. The dog's lump had dwindled considerably.
 
"Want me to flush it out a bit?" Catherine asked.
 
"If you could," Duo replied and widened the forceps enough for Catherine to place the tip of a saline syringe inside and squirt the water in. The suction continued to work, sucking up the matter as it was squirted in. Catherine continued to flush at the wound a few more times before Duo deemed it to be enough.
 
"I should be able to find the cause now." Carefully, Duo poked around a bit, Catherine had slipped his small head piece on that held a strong light on it and switched the device on. It gave Duo much better light to work and see with.
 
After a few more minutes of poking around, Duo struck pay dirt. "There you are," he muttered.
 
Catherine handed over a fresh pair of long nosed forceps, Duo took them and with a steady hand clamped the ends over the tiny end of the piece of grass seed he could barely see stuck in the tissue. Gingerly he removed it and dropped it into a kidney dish.
 
"There, that's the little sod that was causing all this trouble." Checking around and finding nothing else, Duo flushed the wound again, packed penicillin powder into it and then began the tedious task of stitching.
 
While Duo stitched, Catherine took a look at the innocent seed. Who would have thought something so small could cause such a big problem?
 
Duo was soon finished. He inserted a couple of drains into the wound as a precaution, gave the dog a shot of antibiotic and then straightened up. "All done," he said wearily.
 
The pair of them began to job of cleaning up the surgery, putting the soiled instruments into the autoclave, dirty operating cloths into the laundry hamper and washing down the operating table and floor with disinfectant. By the time they were finished, Duchess was coming round. Duo checked the dog over and pleased with the results, he carried her through to the kennel Catherine had prepared. All that remained now was to call the owner and let them know the operation was a success. Duo put the offending grass seed into a small, plastic bag for the owner and counted out enough antibiotic pills to see the dog through for the next ten days.
 
Hanging up his white coat, Duo left the surgery, bidding Catherine good bye as the woman headed for Trowa's and a break before returning for evening consults with Hilde.
 
Entering the kitchen the first thing he noticed was the pile of mail sitting on the kitchen table. The second thing he noticed was Heero's boots by the door. That meant his lover was home and had to be somewhere in the house. Walking past the kitchen table on his way to the lounge room to locate his missing boyfriend, Duo couldn't help but notice the letter that sat, open on the table. He was about to dismiss it when the logo on the top caught his attention. It was from the E.F.A.
 
Feeling a little guilty, but unable to stop himself, Duo leaned over to read. His heart felt heavy in his chest as he read the words.
 
'Dear Mr Yuy,
 
We are writing in relation to the selection of the team representatives for Australia at the 2008 Olympics to be held in Beijing.
 
Unfortunately, due to the fall your horse sustained at a show and resulting injury, we are unable to include you in the team.
 
We wish to extend our sympathies and good wishes for a full recovery to your horse and sincerely hope to see you competing and trying for the Olympic team in the future.
 
Yours sincerely
 
Peter Hammond
E.F.A. Secretary.'
 
The lump in his throat grew as Duo realized the finality of the letter. Here was all Heero's hopes and dreams, crushed with a split second fall. He'd known Heero would in no way be able to compete on Zero after that fall, but to see it there in black and white only served to drive the nail of defeat further into the coffin. Duo wondered where Heero could be. After getting that in the mail his boyfriend must be really upset and in dire need of comforting. He heard a noise coming from the lounge room and with a heavy heart, he went to investigate.
 
He found Heero in the lounge, on the phone, and caught the tail end of the conversation.
 
"Okay, we'll meet up with you at seven. No, no, it's Duo's night off so he'll be able to make it. Okay, see you then." Heero hung up the phone and sensing a presence, he turned around. Spotting his lover standing in the doorway, Heero launched himself at the vet, eyes bright and a grin on his face that went from ear to ear.
 
"Duo! We're going out to celebrate! I've just had the most fantastic news!" Heero all but yelled as he grabbed his boyfriend in a bear hug.
 
Now Duo was really confused.
 
~ * ~
 
tbc...