Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Going For Gold ❯ Chapter 47 ( Chapter 47 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G boys, I just borrow them from time to time and return them a whole lot happier. I do own the plot and any other characters, especially the equines, that you will find in this fic. Please do not take them without permission. Written for pleasure not profit.
 
Pairing: 2x1x2, 3x4, 13x6, H+C
 
Warnings: Yaoi, lemon, sap, angst, vet themes, AU
 
Rating: NC 17
 
Archive: www.gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com Anyone else please ask.
 
Betaed by Yami_tai *snugs*
 
Summary: Eighteen months have passed since Heero was advised he was short listed for the Olympic games team. With Zero going well and young Shinigami almost ready to make his showjumping debut, Heero looks set to reach his goal. Life though doesn't always play by the rules.
 
Dedication: To Leslie who gave me the original idea for Equinity.
 
Fic 3 in the Equine Intervention Arc.
 
"Going for Gold"
 
January. 2007 ShenLong
 
 
Chapter 47
 
As Duo entered the kitchen so the smell of dinner surrounded him even more strongly. He paused in the doorway, watching Heero dishing up the dinner, Trowa putting the kitten's dinner down for her whilst Quatre brought Smokey across to where her dishes were. He smiled at the scene.
 
“Any mail?”
 
Heero's question drew Duo from his thoughts and he turned to face his partner. Mentally crossing his fingers, he walked over to where Heero was placing the wok back on the stove. “There's the usual stuff and a letter for you. It's got the E.F.A. logo on it.” Duo handed the letter over and bit his lip.
 
Quatre's sharp hearing had picked up on the last bit of Duo's words and he turned to smile encouragingly at Heero. “Isn't that the letter you've been waiting for?” he asked.
 
Nodding, Heero continued to gaze numbly at the envelope; he wasn't sure if he wanted to open it or not.
 
“Well?”
 
Heero looked into Duo's questioning gaze.
 
“Aren't you going to open it?”
 
“Maybe you should sit down first,” Quatre advised. “That way if it's bad news you won't hit the floor and if it's good news, you still won't hit the floor.” He offered a grin in apology.
 
Placing his hand on Heero's arm, Duo led his lover to the kitchen table and all but pushed him into a chair. Trowa fetched the meals and placed them on the table before taking a seat himself and leaning slightly towards Duo.
 
“Five bucks says he's made the team,” Trowa whispered.
 
“This should be to let Heero know if he's made the shortlist or not. The final team is selected a little later,” Duo whispered back.
 
“Same difference,” Trowa sniffed.
 
Quatre was quick to catch onto the whispering and gave his boyfriend a positively scathing look. “You had better not be thinking of gambling again,” he growled.
 
“Who me?” Trowa gave his lover an innocent look, one that didn't fool Quatre for a minute.
 
“I'm just letting you know to think twice about it, otherwise you'll be sleeping in the kennels tonight,” Quatre hissed.
 
“Gives a whole new meaning to 'in the doghouse', eh, Tro?” Duo snickered and then turned his attention back to Heero who was looking at the envelope as if it would bite him. “Heero? You gonna open that letter, or are we going to all sit here and grow old gracefully whilst waiting?”
 
“What if it's a rejection?” Heero whispered.
 
“What if it's to tell you you're on the shortlist?” Duo countered.
 
“The only way to find out is to open the letter,” Quatre said, barely able to keep his patience in check.
 
With trembling hands, Heero began to tear the envelope open. He pulled the letter out and closed his eyes. Taking a deep breath, he opened his eyes again and unfolded the letter. He began to read.
 
Three faces stared expectantly at him, each trying to read Heero's face and eyes as to what the letter contained. They had no luck. Heero was very adept at keeping his emotions hidden and his face neutral.
 
Having finished reading, Heero folded the letter and looked at his lover and friends.
 
“Well?!” Duo demanded.
 
“We made it. Shinigami and I are shortlisted for both the Nations cup and the Olympic team.”
 
Heero didn't get the chance to say anything further. Duo erupted with a whoop of joy and grabbed him in a bear hug, kissing the daylights out of him. Trowa and Quatre were quick to offer their congratulations too, once Duo released his boyfriend from his clutches. As the congratulations flowed, Duo picked up the letter and began to read aloud.
 
Dear Mr Yuy
 
The E.F.A. selection committee would like to advise you that you and your horse, Shinigami, have been shortlisted for the Australian Nations Cup team and also the Olympic Team.
 
There will be a training camp held in eight weeks time to determine the final team for the Nations Cup. Further information on the dates and location of the camp will be forwarded in due course.
 
The Olympic team selection will take place six months prior to the Games. A list of shows the selectors will be attending to make the final team selection will also be forwarded to you in due course.
 
Congratulations
 
David Prescott
Head Selector”
 
“Heero, this is just fantastic news,” Duo cheered. “I knew you would make it, I just knew it!” He grabbed Heero again and proceeded to kiss him thoroughly.
 
Quatre and Trowa sat back down and watched the scene, a smile tugging at Quatre's lips whilst Trowa did his best to try and keep the blush from his cheeks.
 
When Duo finally let Heero up for air, the rider was looking a little dazed.
 
“I can't believe it,” he said softly. “I've made both shortlists.”
 
“Believe it, Heero,” Duo said, his face split into a shit eating grin.
 
“You really deserve it, Heero. I'm so happy for you,” Quatre stated, a beaming smile on his face.
 
“Yeah, about time you had a break,” Trowa said.
 
“I wonder if Treize and Zoe have made the shortlist too?” Heero mused. “I should call them and find out.”
 
“After dinner, Heero,” Duo said. “Come on, let's eat. After all the time spent cooking it, it's a shame to let it go cold, you can call after dinner.”
 
Heero couldn't fault the logic in that. Besides, by the time he'd eaten dinner the news would have sunk in a little more and he would be able to speak to Treize and Zoe without babbling like an idiot.
 
Without further ado, the four dug in.
 
* * *
 
Once dinner was finished, Heero left Duo, Trowa and Quatre doing the dishes and went through to the lounge room to place his calls. He tried Treize first.
 
“Kushrenada stable.”
 
“Treize?”
 
“Heero? That you?”
 
“Hai.”
 
“I was just about to ring you,” Treize said with a laugh. “Looks like you beat me to it.”
 
“Did you get a letter today?” Heero asked. Nothing like getting right to the point.
 
“Yes, I did. That's why I was going to call you, see if you'd had one too.”
 
“I did. Treize, I made the shortlist for both the Nations Cup and the Olympics.” Heero's voice was bubbling with excitement. “What about you?”
 
“Same here, Heero. Romeo and I are shortlisted for both teams too.”
 
“Congratulations!”
 
“And the same to you, Heero,” Treize chuckled.
 
“Do you think Zoe has heard?”
 
“I'd say she must have. I'm presuming all the letters would have gone out at the same time,” Treize replied.
 
“I'll give her a call next and find out,” Heero said. “I wonder who else is on the shortlists?”
 
“I have no idea, but I guess we will find out once the camp commences.”
 
“Speaking of the camp, you any idea where it will be?”
 
“I hope it's the same place as last time. Waybridge is a good place for a training camp.”
 
“Hai, it is. It's got great facilities.”
 
The conversation went on for a little longer before Heero said good bye and promised to let Treize know at work the next day if Zoe had made the shortlists or not.
 
Once the call was finished, Heero dialed Zoe's number and waited for the call to connect. After a few rings, Heero heard the familiar sound of Zoe's voice down the line.
 
“Hi, Zoe, it's Heero here.”
 
“Heero! Lovely to hear from you. How are you?”
 
“I'm fine, Zoe. And you?”
 
“Doing super well. Heero? Did you get a letter today?”
 
“Hai, that's why I'm calling.”
 
Zoe laughed down the line. “Was it good news?”
 
“I've been shortlisted for both Nations Cup and Olympic teams,” Heero replied. “What about you?”
 
“Yeah, I got shortlisted too. Congratulations, Heero”
 
“Same to you too, Zoe.”
 
The pair conversed for a while longer, discussing possible places that the Nations Cup pre-selection camp could take place at, to who the other horses and riders would be. Zoe gave Heero a little more information on her approaching wedding, complaining good naturedly that she would have even more on her plate now. After another five minutes of chatting, they said their good byes and hung up.
 
Heero wandered back into the kitchen where Duo, Quatre and Trowa were all sitting around the table drinking coffee and chatting about various things going on in their respective lives. Duo looked up as Heero entered and motioned for him to take a seat where a mug of coffee awaited him. The current conversation ceased and turned back to the topic of the shortlists.
 
“What did Treize have to say?” Duo asked, the eagerness evident in his voice.
 
“He's made the shortlists too. I called Zoe and she's also on both shortlists,” Heero replied.
 
“Great!” Duo was smiling from ear to ear.
 
“How many usually get these letters, Heero?” Quatre asked.
 
“I'm not completely sure,” Heero began. “Last time there were six of us shortlisted for the Nations Cup team and they selected the final four at the camp. I'm guessing they would have roughly the same number this time. As for the Olympics; I'm assuming there would be a few more given some of our riders and horses base themselves in Europe or England and compete there.”
 
“Why go to Europe or England?” Trowa questioned. “Surely we have enough shows here in Australia.”
 
“That we do, but there are better opportunities to gain further international experience on the European circuit, and it's easy to travel across the channel from England. Australia is pretty much isolated whereas in Europe all countries are fairly close together so there's tougher competition and a lot more major shows.”
 
“Ah, I see,” Trowa stated.
 
“Where is the Nations Cup being held this time, Heero? It was in Sydney last time if I remember correctly,” Quatre said.
 
“It was,” Heero replied. “This time it's being held in Auckland, New Zealand.”
 
“I don't mean to be rude or anything, but isn't it going to cost quite a bit to take Shinigami over there? I know it's not too far away but given how expensive air fares are for people, I can imagine they would be a lot dearer for horses as they would have to travel slightly differently.” Quatre was genuinely curious, the image of a horse reclining back in one of those airline seats crossed his mind and he had to hold the chuckle.
 
“It will be expensive as they use a special cargo plane specifically designed for large livestock,” Heero replied, “But I have to make the team first. Then I can worry about the expense.” He made a mental note to look into the total costs that would be involved in taking Shini, himself and Duo to the Cup competition later.
 
Trowa and Quatre continued to ask questions for a little while longer before looking at the clock and taking their leave.
 
Once the pair had gone, Heero went down to the stables to complete his nightly check of the horses, stopping to tell Shinigami the good news. He slipped inside the stable and petted the gray, feeding him a couple of carrots as he explained the letter he'd gotten and what it meant. After 'conversing' with Shini, Heero stopped by Zero's stable.
 
“As happy as I am that I've made both shortlists, Zero, I can't help but wish it were you I was riding. It doesn't seem fair that after all you've given me, all we've shared that you only made it to the Nations Cup. I know you would have jumped your heart out for me had we made it to the Olympics.”
 
A shadow fell across the doorway and Heero turned slightly.
 
“Zero will still be with you, Heero,” Duo's voice spoke softly. “Shinigami is his son and carries Zero's blood in him. Zero will be with you both all the way.”
 
Heero felt the unusual sting of tears in his eyes and quickly blinked them away. Zero wuffled quietly and nosed his master's pockets for more carrots, crunching happily when they were provided. “How do you always know the right things to say?” he questioned the vet.
 
“Guess I'm talented,” Duo chuckled quietly and slipped inside Zero's stable to wrap his arms around Heero's waist and nuzzle his neck. “Have I told you how proud I am of you?”
 
Heero leaned back into the embrace. “Have I told you how much I appreciate your support? And how much I love you?”
 
“You don't have to,” Duo whispered and placed gentle, open mouthed kisses to Heero's neck and jaw. “You show me every day.”
 
Moaning softly, Heero turned around to properly embrace his lover. He held Duo close against him and simply rested his head for a moment on the vet's shoulder. Then he tilted his head and found Duo's lips, sealing them with his own and kissing his boyfriend deeply. “I love you, Duo, with all my heart.”
 
“Love you too, Heero,” Duo replied.
 
Zero pushed his muzzle between the two, he wanted some attention too!
 
“Someone's jealous,” Duo snickered but petted the soft muzzle. “Yes, boy, I love you too.”
 
Heero laughed. “You're a big softie, Zero,” he said whilst patting the gray.
 
Zero blew gently through his nostrils and let his eyes droop as his master rubbed his ears and the other nice human petted his nose. After a few minutes, the pair left the stable, Heero checking all the doors were secure while Duo made sure the dispensary was locked. Once they were both satisfied all was okay, Heero turned off the lights and slid the large door across; Duo set the alarm. Hand in hand they wandered back to the house.
 
* * *
 
Duo was sitting on the edge of the bed drying his hair when Heero emerged from taking his shower. Fishing around in the drawer for a clean pair of briefs, Heero returned to the subject of his being shortlisted.
 
“I hope the camp is held at Waybridge again,” he said as he pulled the briefs up over his calves and thighs.
 
“Are you going to commute each day like last time, or will you stay over?” Duo asked as he set the towel aside and picked up his brush.
 
“If it is at Waybridge, I think I'll commute again. Shini's not been away from home much on overnight stays so I don't want to risk anything happening to him. Besides, I don't think I could stand being away from you at night for that length of time either.”
 
“You say the sweetest things, Heero,” Duo murmured as he blushed and then switched the topic back to Shinigami. “If he does get selected then he's going to have to get used to staying away from home,” Duo said. “The camp might be a good opportunity to see how he would cope with the stress of being away.”
 
“That's a very good point,” Heero said as he grabbed Duo's discarded towel and went through to the bathroom to hang them both up.
 
“I might see what Treize thinks and possibly just leave Shini there for the week and commute daily myself,” he continued as he came back into the bedroom. Heero climbed onto the bed and took up position behind Duo. Carefully he took the brush from his lover's hand and began to work through the tangles in Duo's hair.
 
“Thanks. You know, that might be a good plan. Although, who will keep an eye on him overnight and give him his breakfast?” Duo almost purred as Heero began running the brush through his hair.
 
“I'll see what Treize has planned. If he does the same as last time with Tall Geese and leaves Romeo there for the week I'm sure he will have Joe or one of the other stable boys stay with him. If he does, I'll ask if it's okay for them to keep an eye on Shini too.”
 
“Good idea,” Duo replied and then went silent in thought.
 
“What's up?” Heero asked as he began to braid Duo's hair.
 
“I was just thinking...”
 
“That could be dangerous,” Heero chuckled as he slipped the band over the end of the finished braid.
 
Duo snorted. “I do exercise my brain occasionally, Heero.”
 
“Ah, I wondered what that noise was.”
 
Duo grabbed his pillow and thwapped Heero over the head with it. Heero put his arms up in defense and then made a grab for the pillow. They tumbled to the bed for a moment, wrestling over the pillow before Heero managed to get hold of it by rolling Duo underneath him and pinning him to the bed.
 
“What were you thinking?” he asked, breath hot against Duo's cheek.
 
Duo squirmed, his half hard erection pushing against Heero's crotch. “I was trying to figure out how much it will cost to take Shini over to Auckland for the cup.”
 
Heero didn't miss the partially aroused state of the vet and ground his own forming erection against Duo's. “I have to get selected first,” he breathed over Duo's ear. “Let's worry about that when it happens.”
 
A shiver tore through Duo's body. “Ah, okay,” he whispered huskily.
 
“Meanwhile, I think there's another problem you need help with.” To emphasize his point, Heero lay himself fully down on top of his lover and ground against Duo.
 
“Mmmm... That feels good, Heero.”
 
“I can make it feel better.”
 
“Ohhh, please do.”
 
“Anything for you, Duo,” Heero replied, his tone full of need and desire. He slid his body slowly against Duo's, the friction of their cloth covered erections supplying much needed stimulation to both men's cocks. While his hips moved sensuously against Duo's, Heero's mouth began a journey of worship over the vet's skin, starting at the neck and working lower.
 
Heero licked, nibbled and sucked his way over Duo's neck, collarbone and paused at his chest. Noting the peaked state of Duo's nipples, Heero couldn't help himself and latched onto one, sucking lightly and then gently nibbling with his teeth.
 
Warmth flooded Duo's body, his nerves coming alive with the sensations his skin was being gifted. A steady heat began wash over him, starting in his toes and working all the way up until his entire body was bathed in a flush of arousal. His cock grew steadily harder, pushing against the silky fabric of his boxers and demanding some attention. Heero's equally hard penis pushed back, rubbing against its counterpart and teasing them both.
 
Having laved enough attention to Duo's chest, Heero continued his expedition south, exploring the ridges and contours of Duo's body with a dedication only Heero could possess. His mouth arrived at the waistband of Duo's boxers and he teasingly secured the elastic in his teeth, pulling at it.
 
Duo retained enough of his brain functions to know what Heero was asking and somehow he managed to get his hands free and hook his thumbs under the elastic. Heero released the boxers and moved enough to allow Duo to slide them over his slender hips and down his calves to his ankles where he kicked them off. Now gloriously nude, Duo stretched back on the bed to allow Heero's eyes to feast upon his skin.
 
Deep blue irises traversed the length of the skin bared to him, Heero's eyes taking in every inch of the beautiful body laid out before him. Duo was, had been and always would be perfect to him. With a soft smile, Heero lowered his head and resumed his tasting of the vet. Lips worked slowly over the taut skin of Duo's stomach, disappearing sideways to kiss over the jutting hipbone and then along the crease of Duo's thigh. He momentarily bypassed Duo's erection, opting to place feather kisses and nips to the inside of a sensitive thigh, moving down as far as the knee and then switching sides to travel back up.
 
When he reached Duo's join of thigh to hip, He pushed Duo's legs a little further apart and pressed kisses to the crease, moving across the top of Duo's pubic hair and to the opposite side. Once there he paused, taking note of the deep red, almost purple coloring of the organ rising from Duo's groin. He licked his lips, wetting them in preparation and opened his mouth a little wider.
 
Duo's cock was so hard it was almost painful. Heero had done a perfect job in driving him nearly insane with sensation. The pleasure sang through him, his balls ached and his cock was wet with his excitement. Warmth enveloped him, a soft suckling teased at him and a low moan began in his throat.
 
Heero began to bathe his lover's need with dedication, tongue licking along the shaft, teasing at the slit and lapping up the dribbling precum. From time to time he would engulf the entire shaft in his mouth, applying suction and enjoying the soft moans and subtle shifting of Duo's hips.
 
“Ah, Heero. Gonna cum if you keep that up,” Duo managed to pant out as his fingers wove their way through Heero's chocolate hair.
 
Gently, Heero released his lover from his torment, pressing a kiss to the swollen crown and then slithering up Duo's body to kiss the vet soundly on the lips. “Want you inside me,” Heero murmured, his eyes lidded.
 
“It will be my pleasure,” Duo replied huskily. Still kissing, Duo managed to worm his way from underneath Heero and turn them so the rider was underneath him. He groped underneath the pillow and located the lube, pulling it out and flipping the cap. Putting the tube to one side for the moment, Duo raised himself up and settled on his knees straddling Heero. His fingers hooked underneath Heero's briefs. “Off,” he murmured and proceeded to pull the briefs over Heero's hips.
 
Heero's arousal came free, the cool air against his hard need sending a shiver through the stoic man. With the briefs now joining Duo's boxers somewhere on the floor, Heero spread his legs wide, encouraging his lover to prep him.
 
Slick fingers penetrated the small entrance, sliding deep inside and caressing the heated channel from within. Heero's hips shifted, thrusting lazily up, trying to draw those digits in deeper. A third finger joined the other two, Duo rubbing against moist walls, stroking nerves and loosening the tight muscles.
 
It didn't take long for Heero's body to completely relax and accept Duo's invading fingers, and once it did, Duo withdrew those fingers and spread the lube over his needy cock. Pushing Heero's legs a little wider, he sank between those thighs and placed the head of his cock at Heero's entrance.
 
Lips gravitated together and a deep kiss was shared as Duo's hips pressed forward, sinking into Heero's heat with ease. Completely buried to the hilt, Duo paused, still kissing his lover and giving them both a moment to adjust.
 
Breaking the kiss, Duo gazed lovingly into the eyes of his partner. Blue stared back at him, love, lust and need in those depths shining brightly for Duo to see. “God, I love you,” Duo murmured and began a slow retreat.
 
“Love you too,” Heero whispered and then closed his eyes, arms coming to wrap securely around Duo's shoulders and urge the vet on.
 
Muscles bunched and flexed in Duo's thighs and buttocks as he drove himself deep into Heero's body. The passage that enveloped him was hot and tight, muscles rippled, clutched and stroked his length as his hips began to find their rhythm.
 
As the pleasure began to build, so did the force of their coupling. Duo began to plunge deeper, his speed increasing as Heero's hips began to push back against him. Both men began to pant, bodies became slick with sweat as each rose steadily towards their climax.
 
Thoroughly enjoying the sensations he was experiencing, Duo raised himself slightly, taking most of his upper body weight on one arm and reaching between them to find Heero's cock. He made a fist around the hard shaft and stroked languidly.
 
“Ah, yes!” Heero hissed and dug his fingers deeper into Duo's shoulders. The feeling of Duo's hand stroking him added to his torment; and he was loving every minute of it. He felt full, complete, the steady advance and retreat of Duo's length inside stroked his nerves and drove him ever deeper into pure, unadulterated pleasure.
 
Duo's eyes closed and he bit his bottom lip, desperately trying to make this last as long as possible, but knowing it would all end very soon. He could feel the familiar warmth curling in his belly, the tingles shooting along his spine as his balls hardened and drew closer.
 
Heero wasn't faring much better. His own orgasm was on the fringes of his consciousness and he reached desperately for it. Above him, Duo began to jerk, indicating his fall into nirvana. His passage was suddenly filled with liquid heat, Duo's soft cries caressing his ear as the vet found his orgasm and pulsed his seed deep into Heero.
 
With his climax tearing through him, Duo was unable to do much of anything other than give himself over to the pleasure. His hand stilled in its pumping of Heero's cock, all brain functions other than vital necessities ceasing momentarily.
 
As the stimulation to his cock ceased, Heero gave a low growl. He was so close! He managed to worm his hand between their bodies as Duo slumped against him, finding where Duo's hand was still wrapped around his erection and coaxing the vet to continue.
 
With Heero's hand covering his own and guiding him, Duo managed to start pumping again, He shifted a little, rapidly deflating penis still remaining inside his lover but giving their hands a little more room to work.
 
It only took a few more tugs and Heero was joining his lover in ecstasy, moaning Duo's name as he released himself over their joined hands and his belly. Hands stilled as Heero's cock spurted the last of his climax from the slit, bodies shook with rasping breaths as each man enjoyed his respective orgasm to the full.
 
Once the euphoria had passed, the pair cuddled close together, enjoying the intimacy of holding and being held. Duo softly nuzzled Heero's neck whilst Heero's fingers traced lazy patterns over Duo's bare back.
 
Feeling the various fluids starting to dry and itch on his skin, Heero reluctantly moved. “I guess we should have saved the shower until after we'd made love,” he stated ruefully, gazing at the mess that was currently on both his and Duo's bodies.
 
“A bit late now,” Duo snickered. “We can always share a quick shower though.”
 
“Sounds fair to me,” Heero replied.
 
“I'll wash your front if you wash mine?”
 
Heero quirked an eyebrow. “I though it was 'I'll wash your back if you wash mine'?”
 
“It's not your back that's sticky,” came the quick reply.
 
Heero had to concede that point.
 
~ * ~
 
tbc...