Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Going For Gold ❯ Chapter 74 ( Chapter 74 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Many thanks to all of you out there who are reading this fic and a special thank you to all of you who have left a review. I love to read your comments and appreciate you all taking the time to drop in a review. *hugs and Gundam Pilots* Shen ^_^[Author ID1: at Tue May 26 20:09:00 2009 ]
[Author ID1: at Tue May 26 20:09:00 2009 ]
“Going for Gold”
 
January 2007 ShenLong
 
Chapter 74
 
Once Quatre had set his mind to something it didn't take him long to get the ball rolling. He spoke with the board of directors, who, after hearing Quatre's explanation and reasons why he wished the company to sponsor Heero, were all in agreement with the proposal. It was logged into the minutes of the meeting and the accountancy section notified. The solicitors were also advised and once the solicitor and accountancy section got together it wasn't long before the sponsorship deal was ready.
 
With the paperwork in hand, Quatre had called Heero and made arrangements to meet with the rider and his solicitor to go over the details. With both parties happy with the deal, the papers were signed and the money deposited into Heero's bank account.
 
Heero was more than happy with the deal, humbled that his friend should want to help him in such a way and vowed more than ever to give these games everything he and Shinigami had.
 
Quatre wasn't silly either. He knew helping Heero out would have its rewards, mainly in the satisfaction he got from personally being able to help a friend achieve his dream. On the business side of things, Quatre could claim the amount of the sponsorship deal back as part of his taxation deduction.
 
All in all it was a win-win situation for everyone.
 
The paperwork arrived for the deposit on the transport and Heero duly paid it, feeling buoyed knowing he was that one step closer to his dream.
 
The plans for the new animal shelter had been finalized and submitted to the council for approval. The approval had been granted and the paddocks out the back of the mansion were swarming with builders. Trowa oversaw most of the building of the new kennels, pleased with how well things were coming along. He'd had several meetings with Heero and Duo in regards to the facilities for the larger animals and had a good, solid plan drawn up for those. Once the smaller kennels were finished, work would commence on the larger facilities.
 
Hilde had paid a visit to Iria's house and immediately fallen in love with it. Quatre gave her a full tour, explaining a little about his sister as they proceeded. Hilde could see why Quatre wouldn't want to sell the property and neither would he want to rent it out to just anyone. She was still honored he would think of her as the best tenant for the place.
 
After a short discussion, Hilde accepted Quatre's offer to rent the home and the deal was struck. Quatre had the documents drawn up and Hilde signed them. Three weeks later she moved in, having enlisted the help of Heero, Duo, Catherine and Heero's horse float to assist in the move. A week later, Hilde threw a house warming party, one they all attended and thoroughly enjoyed.
 
The date for the balance of payment for the trip to London arrived and Heero made the payment in full. It was a good feeling to walk out of the bank and into the airline office to make that final payment - even if it had meant he'd had to take a day off work to do so. Treize though had accompanied him to the bigger city where a branch of the airline office was located as he had to pay his balance too.
 
The pair walked out with their receipts in hand and wide smiles on their faces. They'd even called in at the local pub to have a beer to celebrate on the way home.
 
The final paperwork came through from Noin. Amongst it was a list of items they needed to make sure they took with them. Heero had been diligently putting any and all paperwork he and Shinigami would require into a folder. Duo had proceeded to give Shini a full, veterinary check up and filled out the required forms. Certificates of vaccination were also included and Heero had sent all the necessary documents off to the government department that handled passports for horses. Shinigami's passport had arrived back and had also been put into the folder with all the other documents.
 
Both Heero and Duo had lodged their respective forms for their own passports and now had them back. Noin had sent through paperwork for Duo in relation to his role as the team vet. It was very interesting reading, outlining what Duo's role would be and what was expected of him. With all the paperwork side of things covered all that remained was for the pair to organize their packing for themselves and Shini and pick up their uniforms.
 
As was the norm with all countries sending teams to the Olympics, they had a designated uniform, which was supplied by the country. Both men had sent in their measurements and sizes as requested and the uniforms were being sent to the local tailor for collection. That way if any alterations needed to be made, the tailor could do them in plenty of time.
 
The uniforms were quite nice. The formal uniform consisted of beige slacks, yellow shirt, green tie and green blazer with the Australian flag on the pocket. The informal one was still the beige slacks but a yellow polo shirt with green trim and the flag again on the pocket. Each was supplied with one formal uniform, two sets of casual slacks and four polo shirts.
 
With the date of departure drawing ever closer so the anticipation and the nerves started to set in.
 
* * *
 
“Where to start?” muttered Heero as he gazed around the tack room, beside him Duo chuckled.
 
The months had passed quickly and now it was time for them to get ready for their flight to England. They would be departing in four days and neither man wanted to leave anything until the last minute.
 
“Don't for one minute think you're going to pack half the contents of the tack room now will you?” Duo snickered as he looked from his lover to the gear and back again.
 
“I should have listened to you and made a list,” Heero sighed.
 
“Just as well one of us is on the ball,” replied Duo and pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket. He waved it triumphantly under Heero's nose.
 
Heero rolled his eyes. “Okay, Mr. Efficient, let's get started on this packing then.”
 
The pair moved deeper into the tack room where Duo began to recite items from the list and Heero fetched them.
 
Pretty soon they had a reasonable pile in the middle of the floor. Noin had advised in the paperwork that they secure themselves a large packing box in which to pack all their gear. It would be easier to transport that way and ensure that everything belonging to the horse would be in one place and not likely to be lost or get mixed up with anyone else's. Duo had called by a local furniture removal company a few days ago and explained what he needed and why. The gentleman had been very helpful and given Duo two, sturdy packing boxes. They were made from a re-enforced cardboard so they were tough but lightweight.
 
With the gear all settled into a pile, the pair began to go through it all and pack it into smaller bags for containment and packing. All the grooming tools were packed into one bag, Shinigami's jumping boots, spare bridle, spare halter and lead rope, spare leathers and irons all packed into another bag. The jumping bridle had its own bag as did Heero's saddle. Once everything was secured into the smaller bags, Heero happily handed over the task of fitting and packing it all into the packing box to Duo.
 
Setting a rug on the bottom of the box, Duo proceeded to put in the saddle next, then fitted all the other gear around the saddle to not only fill in the gaps but protect the valuable saddle as well. Once it was all in, Duo settled the saddle blanket and another rug over the top, offering yet another layer of protection.
 
Double checking they had everything, Duo closed the box up and applied Heero's name, address and cell number in black marking pen to the side and then the packing tape to the top, securing everything inside and making sure the box wouldn't open in transit. The box would need to pass through customs where it would be x-rayed when they arrived in London and when they returned home to Australia it would all need to go into quarantine. Heero still had his other saddle plus a couple of bridles and assorted other gear so he could still work his horse.
 
With the gear organized it was time to switch to the feed side of things. With England using the same basic feed stuffs as the Australians, Heero had opted to purchase feed for Shinigami once they arrived. In the interim, he would pack a couple of hard feeds for Shini to eat during the flight and two haynets to take on the plane as well. He also made certain the large haynet remained out to be filled for the float and travel to the airport along with spare hay should they need it.
 
With everything sorted out for Shinigami, all that remained was for the pair of them to get their own packing done and make the final arrangements regarding the practice and the horses.
 
Trowa and Quatre had offered to look after Zero, Angel and Wing for Heero and the rider had accepted the kind offer. He'd started to cut back on the horses' hard feeds and increase their bulk intake as it would make it easier for Trowa and Quatre when it came to making up the feeds. Heero had shown both men how much of each food stuff he gave each horse and had even written out a feeding chart and stuck it to the wall for them. It was simple enough to follow and Trowa couldn't foresee any problems.
 
Hilde and Catherine were quite happy to take over the running of the practice in Duo's absence, reassuring the vet that all would be fine. Duo knew he didn't have anything to worry about, both women had run the practice for him before without any hassles so he allowed himself to relax. Catherine would also be staying at Duo's residence, the vet uncomfortable with leaving his home unoccupied for the time they would be away - besides, they had Smokey to worry about too.
 
Heero had been all set to put the cat into the local cat kennels, but as Duo pointed out, with Catherine staying in the house there wasn't any need to upset the cat and put her in kennels, not when Catherine was happy to look after her as well as the house. Secretly, Heero was glad about that. He'd much rather have left Smokey at home than board her in the cattery for a month or so.
 
With all the animals, practice and house now sorted out, it didn't leave the men with much left to finalize.
 
* * *
 
“What are you doing, Duo?”
 
Duo looked up from where he was standing in the dispensary room attached to the stables, several items set out on the bench top before him. “I'm just getting the stuff I think I'll need whilst were away, ready,” he replied.
 
“Ah.” Heero wandered inside the small room. “Need a hand?”
 
“If you don't mind?”
 
“Of course not.” Heero stopped at the bench. “How do you know what to take?”
 
“In the paperwork Noin sent me there was a letter from the previous team vet. In it he suggested what items to take based on his past personal experiences with the teams. It's mainly the basics, if I need anything more specific I can always purchase it in England.”
 
“That was a good idea.”
 
“Yeah, sure helps me out a lot. It's hard trying to guess what you're likely to need so with the other vet's suggestions it makes it much easier.” Duo turned back to the items he had set to one side and then picked up his pen to tick off another item.
 
Pretty soon Duo had all of the suggested items and a few of his own in a neat pile on the bench. Satisfied, he picked up the new medical case he'd bought and set it too upon the bench.
 
“That's nice,” Heero commented as he looked at the medical box.
 
“I bought it last week, thought it would be better to pack everything in something like this as opposed to the old bag I've been using for ages.”
 
Heero had to agree.
 
The box opened out to reveal inner trays and several compartments. It reminded Heero of a mechanic's toolbox in a lot of ways. Duo began to fill the box with the selected items from the bench, placing everything neatly inside where it could be got at easily enough.
 
Heero noted that Duo didn't put in any of the bottles of drugs though. He turned his questioning eyes to the vet and asked, “How come you haven't packed any of the drugs?”
 
“I'll put those in last, just before we leave,” replied Duo. Noting the curiosity still on Heero's face, he continued. “Most of them need to be kept at a low temperature in order to remain viable. I'll leave them in the `fridge overnight and pack them first thing. The box has a special, sealed section in the base for drugs. It's insulated and has a side pocket for a specially designed, small ice brick thing which will help to keep them cool.”
 
“Ah, I see.”
 
“There, all done.” Duo closed the box up and set it to the side by the drug `fridge. He reached into the `fridge and removed the remainder of the drugs he was planning on taking with him, setting them to the side with the other bottles and then putting them in a small, cardboard box. He glanced at the clock. “We'd better get a move on,” he stated.
 
Heero also looked at the clock and noted the time. It was five o'clock. They were going out to dinner with their friends at seven, a sort of `bon voyage' dinner as they would be leaving at first light to make the trip to the airport. “Where are you taking those?” he asked as Duo picked up the box containing the drugs.
 
“I'm going to put them in the `fridge up at the house, that way all I have to do in the morning is get them out and put them straight into the kit, It will save time.”
 
“Ah.” Heero could see the logic in that. “I'll go start bringing the horses in then.” Placing a gentle kiss to Duo's lips, Heero headed out to fetch the equines in and feed them.
 
* * *
 
“Shower's free,” said Duo as he stepped into the bedroom, toweling his wet hair.
 
“Thanks.” Heero grabbed his boxers and made his way into the shower, leaving Duo to get dressed.
 
Duo pulled the slacks up his legs and tucked the tails of his shirt into them. His eyes kept glancing to the corner of the room where their suitcases stood, all packed and ready to go. The large, wallet type folder sat on top, inside was all the paperwork they would need for themselves and Shinigami. Duo couldn't help the excitement that fluttered in his stomach each time he glanced at their cases. He'd never been out of the country before and was looking forward to the experience immensely. A brush of hot air over the nape of his neck followed by a soft kiss drew him from his thoughts and he turned to meet with Heero's amused cobalt.
 
“Not having second thoughts, are you?” Heero asked as he wrapped his arms around his lover.
 
“No, not at all. Quite the opposite in fact. I'm really looking forward to this.” Duo returned the embrace and rested his head against Heero's shoulder. “Although I am going to miss being able to cuddle and kiss you whenever I want.”
 
“I know exactly what you mean,” Heero returned. “It's going to be difficult for me to keep my hands off you.”
 
“God, I love you so much.”
 
“Ditto, Duo. Ditto.”
 
* * *
 
Dinner was both a subdued and happy affair. Everyone was pleased that Heero was finally going to realize his dream and all were proud of the young rider and his horse. But it would be a long four weeks without their friends.
 
Heero had gone over the horses' care and feeding program one last time with Trowa and Quatre, much to their amusement. Duo had done a similar thing with Catherine and Hilde, only his checking was about the practice. All four had reassured their friends that everything would be fine and not to worry. They all had their cell phones so if anything should come up that they couldn't deal with, they would contact the respective person.
 
“There's a few dozen cans of cat food in the pantry and several portions of fish and meat in the freezer for Smokey,” Heero told Catherine. “If you need any more, just buy it and hang onto the receipts. I'll fix you up for it when I get back.”
 
“Heero, stop worrying. Smokey will be fine. I'm sure there's plenty of food for her and she won't go hungry.”
 
“If she gets sick, have Hilde look at her. For that matter, if any of the horses get sick either, just ask Hilde to treat them and I'll fix her up when I get back.”
 
Both Catherine and Hilde rolled their eyes.
 
“He's worse than a mother hen,” muttered Hilde. “As if I wouldn't treat any of the animals if they needed it.”
 
“I know and so do you,” responded Catherine and patted her girlfriend's hand. “Just agree with him and humor him. Same with Duo,” she added. “Once they're both safely on that plane we can roll back the furniture and have that wild party.” Catherine's eyes danced with mischief.
 
“I heard that,” came Duo's voice.
 
Hilde snickered, Catherine laughed.
 
“What's so funny?” Trowa questioned.
 
“Your sister and her planning to have a wild party at my place after we've gone,” Duo replied.
 
“And you didn't invite us? I'm hurt,” Trowa teased.
 
“I didn't think you were into orgies and group sex,” snickered Hilde.
 
Trowa blushed.
 
“Who's not into orgies and group sex?” asked Quatre, oblivious to the preceding conversation.
 
“Your lover,” Hilde quipped.
 
“Ah.” Quatre also turned a fetching shade of red and Hilde burst out laughing.
 
“They're just trying to yank your chain,” Duo advised the blonde and the Latin, then turned his attention back to Catherine and Hilde. Two could play at that game. “Make sure you get any and all stains out of the carpet and furniture, otherwise you'll be getting a cleaning bill,” he said, keeping his face neutral.
 
“Should we tell them about the security cameras?” Heero said, joining in on the teasing.
 
“Nah. Let them keep running, it could provide some interesting entertainment when we get back,” Duo quipped.
 
“Security cameras?” whispered Catherine.
 
“Oh no, there's no way you're getting me on film.” Hilde looked suitably stunned.
 
It was Heero and Duo's turn to burst out laughing.
 
* * *
 
“That was a lovely evening,” Duo said as he unlocked the back door and let them into the kitchen. Smokey came through and greeted them, winding her way through four lots of ankles and purring loudly.
 
Heero picked up his cat and petted her. “Yeah, it was nice.”
 
“Coffee before bed?”
 
“Love one.” Heero put the cat down and removed his shoes. In socked feet he padded across the kitchen floor to where Duo was setting everything up whilst waiting for the kettle to boil. Reaching the vet, he wound his arms around Duo's waist and pressed kisses to the nape of Duo's neck.
 
“Mmmm... Nice.” Duo let his head fall back to rest against Heero's shoulder, enjoying the tongue that was busy licking and flicking around his throat and ear lobe.
 
With his tongue still laving attention to Duo's throat and ear, Heero let one hand smooth up and down Duo's front, rubbing gently over abs and then teasingly over nipples. He felt the skin tremble and shiver under his touch, the friction of the fabric between his palm and Duo's skin adding to the stimulation.
 
The kettle began to boil, forcing both men to abandon their intimacy for the moment. With slightly trembling hands, Duo poured the water into the mugs, watching the instant coffee dissolve. The carton of milk appeared before him and he took it, adding it to their mugs before passing it back. Stirring the contents and then depositing the spoon into the sink, Duo passed one mug to Heero and took his own.
 
They moved through and sat in the lounge room, both on the couch, thighs touching. Both were silent for a few moments, absorbing the feeling of their home and being together. It would be quite some time before they could sit like this again after tomorrow.
 
“You sure we've packed everything?”
 
Duo nodded in response. “There's only the toothbrushes, hairbrush, comb and the shaving gear to go in and I'll put those in once we've finished with them in the morning.”
 
Heero snuggled closer, his free hand landing on Duo's thigh and beginning to feather up and down.
 
Moaning softly, Duo let his eyes close to savor the feeling.
 
“You set the alarm?” Heero's voice breathed as his hand continued to stroke along Duo's thigh, gradually working its way closer to the vet's groin.
 
“Mmm hmmm,” Duo returned and gently thrust his hips.
 
Heero's hand reached the vet's groin and began to palm the hardness beneath.
 
“Ahhh, nice.”
 
“Want more?”
 
“Ohh, yes. Yes, please.”
 
Heero left his tormenting for a moment to take Duo's mug from his hand. “You go on through to the bedroom, I'll go wash these through and lock up.” His voice was low and husky, betraying his need.
 
Duo didn't need to be told twice. His cock was hard and throbbing in his pants, aching for something more. Through half lidded eyes he watched his lover depart the lounge room and then stood up himself, aiming for the bedroom.
 
With the house locked, Heero turned off the lights as he approached the bedroom. Entering, he paused. “Nice view,” he murmured.
 
Duo stood slowly upright as he heard the words, tossing the slacks to the chair that he'd been in the process of removing when Heero had entered. Turning around and clad only in his boxers, the vet began to glide towards his lover, violet eyes clouded with lust. When he reached Heero, he stopped and leaned his head forward to capture Heero's lips in a sensuous kiss.
 
Moaning softly into the kiss, Hero's arms came up, his hands resting lightly on Duo's hips as the vet continued to kiss him thoroughly. “God, you're beautiful,” Heero murmured when they broke for air.
 
Duo suitably blushed. “And you're overdressed,” he said, his tone husky as his fingers went to work on the buttons of Heero's shirt. Within minutes, Heero was divested of his shirt and slacks, standing only in his briefs and shivering slightly with need and anticipation.
 
Lips met again and as they kissed, Duo slowly led his lover back towards the waiting bed. When the backs of his knees touched the edge of the mattress, Duo paused, flicked his tongue over Heero's bottom lip and then let himself slide back onto the bed.
 
Blue eyes followed his lover's descent and once Duo was laid out, he followed. Lying next to his lover, Heero wound his arms around the slim torso and pulled the vet close. Heated skin met with heated skin, groins rubbing together as another passionate kiss was shared. Panting for air, Heero let his lover surface and then attacked Duo's neck with his lips, teeth and tongue.
 
Duo quickly became a writhing mess, his skin flushed, blood racing through his veins as his hormones took over. The pleasure was divine, nerves awakening as he demanded more attention, attention Heero was only too happy to give. Lips and tongue trailed along the slender neck and across a collar bone. Lazily licking a trail down Duo's sternum, Heero drifted to the left and swiped his teasing tongue over a pink nipple.
 
“Ahhh,” Duo moaned as he arched off the bed. His hands were fisted in the sheets, head moving from side to side.
 
Having laved one nipple thoroughly, Heero kissed his way across Duo's chest to the other nipple and gave that the same attention, pleased as the nub quickly hardened. Duo managed to raise a hand and began to run his fingertips along Heero's back, the muscles shivering and twitching in their wake.
 
Leaving the vet's chest, Heero continued his kissing journey, this time heading south to where an impressive tent was forming in those black boxers. Reaching the silky fabric, Heero mouthed the clothed erection.
 
“More, “ Duo panted.
 
Chuckling lightly, Heero continued to mouth the stiff flesh as he worked his hands to the hem of those boxers. Lifting his mouth for a moment and eliciting a growl of disapproval from his boyfriend, he was quick to pull said boxers over creamy hips, down quivering thighs and yank them off. With Duo's groin now completely exposed, Heero let his eyes roam over the flesh and drink in the sight.
 
Duo was gorgeous.
 
Unable to help himself, Heero leaned in close and pressed a kiss to the tip of that weeping cock, promising it release soon enough.
 
Duo managed to get some of his brain cells working again and gently pushed at Heero until his lover was lying flat on his back. It was time for returning the pleasure. Kisses rained down on every piece of exposed flesh Duo could find. Fingers teased and tormented along sensitive inner thighs, over twitching abs and raking across caramel nipples until Heero was writhing and panting.
 
As his mouth continued to kiss southward, Duo's fingers also 'walked' down over washboard abs to Heero's briefs. Grabbing hold of the hem, Duo yanked those briefs off and tossed them to the floor. Without skipping a beat, Duo's mouth came forth, hot breath ghosting over the tip of Heero's arousal and then that cock was enveloped in a warm, wet cavern.
 
“Aa, yes!” Heero hissed as his cock was swallowed whole. Hips did their best to thrust up into the wet heat, but Duo was having none of that and pressed his hands to Heero's hips and stilled his lover's attempts to gain more stimulation. A soft growl was his reply and Duo chuckled lightly around his mouthful.
 
With Heero's attention focused on his cock, Duo slipped a hand under the pillow and pulled out the lube. Fingers were quickly coated and soon teasing around Heero's entrance.
 
Attention diverted from his cock to his ass as Heero felt those cool digits tracing around his hole. He spread his legs wider in invitation. He was soon rewarded by a finger penetrating him. A second and then third finger followed as Heero's body adjusted to the invasion, muscles stretching and giving as those fingers plunged and tormented.
 
Releasing Heero's cock from his mouth and eliciting a growl of displeasure, Duo held himself up with his one arm, fingers still working in and out of Heero's body. The sight was divine and Duo had to swallow the lump in his throat. “You want me?” he whispered.
 
“Yes, yes I do. Need you, need all of you,” Heero replied, his voice thick.
 
Duo removed his fingers and grabbed for the lube again. Slicking the slippery gel along his length, Duo's eyes locked with Heero's. Love, lust, want and need shone in those blue depths and Duo was reminded yet again how much he adored the rider and was similarly loved in return. Cock now coated, Duo broke the gaze and switched his eyes to his cock and Heero's waiting entrance. Grasping himself firmly at the base, He guided the head to press against that quivering hole and then pushed forward.
 
Heero reached out and wrapped his arms around Duo's torso, pulling the vet closer to him as his lover's shaft sank slowly but surely into his body. Once he could feel Duo's balls pressed against his ass, Heero gave a soft sigh. It felt so good to be filled. His passage quickly adjusted to the invasion and Heero squeezed his muscles to let Duo know he was ready.
 
The squeeze was all he needed and Duo began to withdraw, pushing back in seconds later. The friction was delicious, hot, tight and slick, driving Duo to near madness with the torment. He began to build a rhythm, hips picking up in both speed and depth as Heero loosened further to accommodate him.
 
Legs wrapped around a slim waist, arms hung onto shoulders and nails dug into a creamy back as both men moved in tandem. Inner walls caressed and stroked whilst the thick shaft of Duo's cock returned the pleasure, scraping along heated inner flesh and sending nerve endings into a frenzy of delight.
 
All to soon both men could feel their end approaching. Unable to hold his orgasm for much longer, Duo wormed a hand between their sweating bodies to grasp Heero's cock and stroke. Heero in turn, clenched his anal muscles and thrust his hips in countenance to Duo's.
 
“Almost...” Heero panted.
 
“Gonna...” Duo groaned.
 
Suddenly, Heero stiffened, his body bowing as his climax tore through him. Seed pumped from his cock, slicking their already sweaty stomachs. Duo was seconds behind his love, body also tensing as the fire consumed him, cock pulsing, shooting his essence deep inside Heero before collapsing, boneless against Heero's chest.
 
It took them both several minutes before either man was able to move, their orgasms having sucked all energy from them and leaving both sated, happy and sleepy. Reluctantly, Duo rolled off to the side and made a grab for the wet wipes he'd taken to keeping in the bedroom. Passing Heero some, he took a few for himself and cleaned off the sticky mess. Once they'd both cleaned up as best they could, Duo tossed the soiled wipes into the trash basket and cuddled up close to his lover.
 
“Sweet dreams, Heero. Love you.”
 
“Night, Duo. I love you too,” Heero replied and then stole a kiss before wrapping his arm around the vet and pulling him close. With Duo's head pillowed on his shoulder, Heero drifted off into a warm and satisfying sleep.
 
~ * ~
 
tbc...