Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Going For Gold ❯ Chapter 93 ( Chapter 93 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Going for Gold”
 
January 2007 ShenLong
 
Chapter 93
 
With Noin's announcement that Heero would be the one to carry the Nation's hope on his shoulders in the jump off for the gold medal, everyone was quick to congratulate the fortunate, or unfortunate rider; depending on how you looked at it.
 
Heero was in stunned shock. His brain was having a lot of difficulty in coming to terms with all the good news he'd had so far that day. Duo was starting to worry a little about his lover; Heero was unusually pale and seemed on edge. He made a mental note to give his lover a long, soothing massage later and see if he could find out what the problem was.
 
Well done, Heero. I know you will do us all proud!” Kyle said as he clapped the other rider on the shoulder. Secretly, Kyle was pleased he'd not been chosen, not that he'd thought he would have been given his score of faults and was very happy that Heero had been the one Noin selected.
 
Treize was also thrilled for his pupil; and let him know it too. He shook hands with Heero, and then pulled him into a friendly hug. “You deserve the chance, Heero. You've done wonders with your horse, your riding has come on so much these past few years and you really should be the one out there to take us all through to the gold.”
 
Thanks, Treize.”
 
You know, I'm so glad I went to that show all those years ago and saw you riding. I had a gut feeling that said I should take you on as a working pupil; and you have never once disappointed,” Treize said softly.
 
Heero looked at his boss. “If it weren't for you, Treize, I would never have gotten this far, never realized my dream and for that, I thank you.”
 
Hey, will you two cut it out with the deep and meaningful?” Duo interrupted with a teasing grin on his face.
 
Blushing, the pair nodded to each other and Heero turned to receive more congratulations from Zoe and Michael whilst Treize took his seat again next to Zechs who was looking at him funny.
 
What?” questioned Treize “Do I have something on my face?”
 
No,” Zechs chuckled.
 
Then what?”
 
Oh, nothing. I guess it's just so nice to see the camaraderie amongst all of you. There's no jealousy, just the feeling of being happy for the one who was selected,” Zechs said.
 
Yeah, well, that's what team spirit is all about.”
 
I know and I'm so proud of you,” Zechs whispered.
 
Treize wondered if the blush would ever leave his cheeks.
 
* * *
 
Looking up as his lover exited the bathroom, Duo gave a soft smile and patted the empty side of the bed next to where he was reclining. Heero quirked an eyebrow, but didn't argue. He slipped onto the mattress and wrapped his arms around Duo, sealing their mouths in a loving kiss.
 
Mmm... Now that is nice,” Duo murmured and feathered a few kisses along Heero's jaw and neck.
 
Heero let himself be lost to the tremors of pleasure those kisses were invoking. He felt himself being pushed back to lie on the bed and then rolled to his stomach. He didn't protest, simply let Duo do whatever he wanted with him. Once he was arranged to Duo's satisfaction, he felt his briefs removed and then something cool hit his back between his shoulder blades.
 
Aa,” he hissed out.
 
Sorry,” came the reply. “Just relax and enjoy.” Duo's hands began to work the oil he'd drizzled onto Heero's back. Strong hands worked the tired muscles, loosening the knots and soothing away the aches.
 
Relaxing completely, Heero let his eyes drift shut and simply enjoyed the massage.
 
Working his hands over the shoulders and then along Heero's spine, Duo waited until he was working away at Heero's thighs before he asked the question that had been bugging him since dinner and the announcement. “Heero, I'm so damn proud of you, not only have you realized your dream of representing your country in an Olympic games, but you've also been selected to represent the team in the jump off for the gold medal.”
 
Heero grunted softly in reply.
 
I think I know you pretty well by now, so please tell me what is bothering you?”
 
Ah. He should have known better than to try and hide something from Duo, the vet knew him far too well. “It's nothing, really.”
 
Heero...” Duo's voice held that warning tone.
 
It's pretty silly and stupid.”
 
I don't care how silly or stupid it seems, it's obviously bothering you.” Duo decided that a little friendly persuasion was in order and switched his massage to Heero's buttocks.
 
Heero couldn't help the soft groan that escaped his mouth.
 
Well?” demanded Duo as he let his thumbs slide along the crevice of Heero's rear.
 
Okay, but I do warn you it's silly. This jump off tomorrow, I'm scared shitless that I will let the team down, that I'll let Shinigami down. Duo, what if I go out there tomorrow and flatten every jump? The rest of the team is counting on me to win them the gold medal, and I don't think I can.”
 
A sharp smack to his backside wasn't exactly the response he thought he'd get and Heero jumped, a sharp cry of more shock than pain leaving his mouth.
 
Heero Yuy! Do you think for one minute that Noin would have picked you if she didn't think you were capable? Give the coach some credit here. She picked you because she knows that both you and Shini are more than able to tackle the course. Stop doubting yourself.”
 
But Treize would have been the better choice, he has a lot more experience than me,” Heero protested.
 
Maybe he does, but Romeo doesn't; he has the same experience as Shinigami. Also, Treize hasn't done a clear round, you have.”
 
So did Zoe,” Heero pointed out.
 
And her horse is slightly lame,” Duo countered. “Don't even say Kyle,” Duo added when he saw Heero's mouth about to open again.
 
Heero gave a sigh of defeat. “I just don't want to let them all down. It's a huge responsibility, Duo.”
 
Duo draped himself over his lover's back and pressed a kiss to the nape of Heero's neck before whispering softly, “I know it's a huge responsibility, Heero, but Noin wouldn't have chosen you if she didn't have faith in you. You can do this, Shinigami can do this, so why not go out there tomorrow and show them all just how damn good you both are? I know Zero wouldn't be second guessing himself; or his master.” Duo knew that was a low blow, but Shinigami did have Zero for his sire and Duo had never known Zero to quit.
 
Duo was right. It wasn't fair for Heero to deny Shinigami the chance to show the world just how good he was. “But what if I mess up?”
 
Then you mess up. Heero, what's the worst than can happen? You mess up and finish with the silver medal, no one will think any less of you if you've given it your best shot.”
 
I guess so.”
 
If you go out there tomorrow with that sort of attitude then you will mess up. What happened to the Heero Yuy I know? The one that rides for the sheer love of riding, had the Olympics as his goal and the determination to get there? The Heero Yuy that would never let a jump off get the better of him?”
 
Now that gave Heero a jolt. “You know what, Duo? You're right. I'm letting a little thing like a jump off worry and intimidate me. It's just the same as any other jump off I've ever competed in. Just the jumps, the time and my skill and horse's ability against that of the course designer. I've done this hundreds of times before and I can do it again.”
 
Now that's the Heero Yuy I know and love.” Duo rolled his partner over to his back and gave him a resounding kiss, one with a lot of tongue that had the passion rising between them. “Got a problem there?” Duo asked when they finally broke for air. He could feel Heero's hard length pressing against his thigh, his own fast rising to the occasion.
 
I think I might have,” Heero replied, his voice husky.
 
Then let me massage the stiffness away for you.” Duo moved fast and before Heero could formulate a reply, Duo's head was buried between his lover's legs and sucking enthusiastically on the heated flesh.
 
Heero moaned and let himself be lost to the pleasure for a moment. Wanting to reciprocate, Heero managed to get his hands to Duo's waist and tug the other man around.
 
Duo was enjoying his feast way too much and wasn't about to give it up any time soon. He resisted Heero's tugs at first and then realized what it was Heero was trying to do. Suckling lightly on the swollen tip, Duo managed to wriggle his body around until his hips were straddling Heero's shoulders. He lowered his hips a touch and then groaned as his own cock was enveloped in Heero's moist mouth.
 
From then on it became a contest between the two as to who could make who come first.
 
Hips began to thrust and buck as tongues swirled and licked, mouths sucked and nibbled. Duo applied every trick he knew to bring his lover to climax first. Varying his suction, taking Heero deep one minute and then just lightly caressing the tip with his tongue. Heero was deep throating Duo's length one minute and then teasing the slit and ridge around the crown the next.
 
Duo could feel his excitement rising rapidly and as loathe as he was to reach the end, he was also desperate for his release. Deciding he really didn't give a damn if he was to lose it first, Duo gave in to his body's needs and let his orgasm come forth to bathe him in total, unadulterated pleasure. He cried out as the waves passed over and through him, riding the euphoria until the very end and then slumping his chest against Heero's belly. He became aware of the still stiff length in front of his eyes and realized he'd let Heero slip from his mouth whilst enjoying his climax.
 
Well, that was something he could easily remedy. He opened wide and swallowed Heero to the root.
 
Having brought his lover to climax, Heero could now relax and completely give himself over to the pleasure his lover was supplying. His eyes slid shut, hips thrust upwards and soft moans and pants drifted from his mouth as the intensity began to build in his gut. His balls tightened and before Heero knew it his release was shooting from his body and being swallowed by Duo.
 
Licking the softening cock clean, Duo gave the crown a soft kiss and then crawled up his lover's body to lie flush against Heero. He captured the rider's mouth in a sweet kiss, sharing the lingering traces of each other's semen before snuggling close.
 
You wore me out, Duo,” Heero mumbled as he fought to remain conscious.
 
Ditto to that,” came the sleepy reply.
 
You set the alarm?”
 
Yeah.”
 
Night, Duo. Love you.”
 
Night, Heero. Love you too.”
 
* * *
 
Zechs winced as his lover's fingers traced along his crevice. He was still quite tender from their previous lovemaking.
 
I'm sorry,” Treize said softly as he gently caressed the blonde's rear end. “I didn't realize how hard I was thrusting. I didn't mean to hurt you, I never want to hurt you.”
 
It's okay, Treize. It's not too painful and getting better all the time; besides, I was the one urging you to go harder and faster so don't blame yourself.”
 
I think I'll have to buy you a cushion.”
 
You do and you're on the couch for the rest of this trip,” growled Zechs. Seeing the eyebrow raised in question, Zechs continued. “It was bad enough having to use Duo's sweater to sit on and trying to answer any awkward questions. If I'm sitting on a cushion can you just imagine what rumors will be flying around?”
 
Ah, point taken.” Treize continued in his soothing caress. “Well, I'm not about to top you until you're fully healed.” Seeing the frown and protest about to come, Treize hastily added, “But that doesn't mean we can't still indulge.” Fingers moved from their current position and began to stroke the blonde's impressive cock.
 
Ahhh...” Zechs moaned and then reached for his lover's thick shaft to return the pleasure.
 
Hands pumped, fingers traveled over the soft skin and mapped out the ridges and contours of each other's shafts and all the while the pleasure was increasing.
 
Zechs sped up his strokes, encouraging his boyfriend to come for him. Treize increased his own pumping of the length in his hand in reply and within moments both were panting and teetering on the edge.
 
The rider was the first to fall over, a cry of pure pleasure escaping his lips as he tumbled into nirvana. The hot liquid spurting out and covering his hand set Zechs' orgasm off and he followed his love over the edge and flew into the abyss.
 
With their respective hands starting to slow, both men came back from their orgasmic highs, sweat cooling on their skins and bodies pleasantly sated. Zechs released his lover's cock and brought his hand to his lips to lick off the clinging semen. Cracking an eye open, Treize watched the pink tongue dart out and lick. He found it to be quite erotic.
 
Will you stay tonight?” Zechs asked as he shifted slightly in the hotel bed.
 
I don't think I have the energy to make it to the bathroom, let alone get back to the Village,” Treize murmured.
 
Good.” Zechs enveloped his lover in his warm arms, Treize allowing himself to be pulled close to that strong chest and held. Slowly their breathing began to even out as both men let sleep claim them.
 
* * *
 
Heero was up just before the alarm went off and moved quietly around the room in an effort not to wake Duo. He took his shower and was half dressed when the alarm did go off and a sleepy Duo raised his head from the pillow. Rubbing his eyes, Duo hit the off button and then closed his eyes again as a soft kiss was pressed to his lips.
 
Mmmm. Morning, Heero. What time did you get up?” asked Duo, noting his lover's half dressed state.
 
About half an hour ago. I couldn't sleep.”
 
Nervous?” Duo rolled himself from the mattress and stood up, stretching and yawning as he did so.
 
Yeah, a little,” Heero replied honestly.
 
I'd be worried if you weren't,” stated Duo and scratched at his belly. “I'm going to take a shower.”
 
With Duo in the shower, Heero finished dressing, pulling his coveralls on over the top of his formal riding attire. He was making the bed when Duo stepped out with a towel around his hips.
 
We got time for breakfast?” Duo inquired as he pulled his clothes out of the drawer and began to get dressed.
 
Yes, if we're quick. The jump off is scheduled to start at nine which means the course will be open for walking about eight-thirty. I've still got Shini to warm up too so I don't want to be too late in getting to the stables.”
 
Gotcha. I'll keep breakfast to a couple of slices of toast then.” Duo grabbed his brush and within seconds was weaving the chestnut mass into a neat and tidy braid. “All ready,” he announced as he grabbed his security pass and hung it around his neck, wallet going into his back pocket and cell phone on his pants' waistband.
 
They left the dorm room and headed for the closest cafeteria.
 
* * *
 
How are you this morning, Heero?” asked Noin, peering over the stable door and into Shinigami's box where the dark haired rider was checking the jumping boots Duo had put on the stallion for him.
 
I'm okay.”
 
Translated, that means he's as nervous as a mouse in a full cattery,” offered Duo with a snicker, and then ducked as a body brush sailed past his ear.
 
Noin chuckled. “That's good though. You should be a touch nervous it helps to keep you sharp, focused and hopefully give you an edge. I take it you're about to start warming up?”
 
Hai,” Heero replied as he checked the girth and prepared to lead Shinigami out of his stable.
 
Doctor Maxwell? Have you checked Lionheart out yet this morning?” Noin asked.
 
Not yet. I was waiting until Zoe got here and then I'll go right over him,” Duo replied as he closed the door to Shini's stable, Heero having led the gray out whilst the conversation was taking place.
 
Okay. Heero, you go start warming up and I'll come out and coach you shortly,” she said to the rider and then turned her attention back to the vet. “Zoe is on her way here now and I'd like to be present when you look over Lionheart if that's okay?”
 
Fine with me, Noin.”
 
Good.”
 
Heero led his horse out of the stables and through to the warm up area where he mounted and began to walk the stallion around. He was nervous about the coming round, worried that he wouldn't be able to produce a good enough score, that he would let everyone down, his team mates, the coach, his country; Duo and Zero.
 
Pushing his wayward thoughts to the back of his mind, Heero took a firm feel on the reins, sat deep in his saddle and asked his horse to trot.
 
Back in the stables, Zoe had arrived and was leading Lion out of his stable for Duo to check.
 
Did you rub more of the liniment in and re-bandage as I advised yesterday?” Duo asked as he knelt beside the bay and reached for the bandaged foreleg.
 
Yes, I did. I came back directly after dinner and rubbed more in. I also made a trip out during the night before I retired to bed and gave it another go over,” Zoe admitted.
 
Well, it certainly wouldn't have done it any harm,” Duo chuckled. The bandage came away and Duo rubbed the leg briskly for a moment before running his hands and fingers expertly over the leg. He couldn't feel anything out of the ordinary, no lumps, bumps or swelling anywhere. There wasn't any heat in the leg either which he was grateful for. Standing up, He turned to address the woman. “Could you lead him directly away from me at the walk, then turn and trot straight back at me and past me please?”
 
Sure. Come on, Lion,” said Zoe and took a firm hold of the lead rope. She walked the stallion away and once she felt she was far enough, she turned and began to trot back towards the vet, aiming straight for him.
 
Duo's eyes were glued to the bay's foreleg, concentrating hard and trying to detect any sign of the slight limp that had been there the night before. It was important that the horse trot directly at him so Duo could clearly see the movement of the forelegs and he was pleased to see that Zoe had listened to him and was doing just that. He continued to watch, stepping back at the last minute to allow Zoe to lead the horse past him without anyone getting run over.
 
Well?” asked Zoe as she brought Lion back.
 
Duo smiled. “I'm pleased to say there is no trace whatsoever of a limp. His leg all checks out fine as far as any swelling and such goes. I'm quite happy to certify him completely sound and able to compete.”
 
Yes! Thank you, Duo. You're a miracle worker,” Zoe enthused and then dropped the lead rope to wrap her arms around Duo's neck and give the vet a resounding kiss to the cheek.
 
Duo looked a little shell shocked for a moment and then blushed a deep red. “It's been my pleasure, Zoe,” he managed to choke out.
 
Can I have my wife back now, please?”
 
Duo whirled around to see an amused Michael standing behind him. “Ah... Um... Errr... S - sorry about that.”
 
Michael laughed. “No problem, Duo. Thank you for looking after Lion for us, but I think I'll settle for shaking your hand, Heero might not like it if I were to give you a kiss.”
 
Duo found his hand being shaken as his mind scrambled to process Michael's words. In the end he didn't bother, just shook his head and sighed in defeat.
 
* * *
 
It's a pretty tough jump off course,” Noin stated as she and Heero paused to look back over the jumps.
 
Hai, it is, but there are places where you can save time.” Heero was mentally running the course through his head, remembering how each jump had ridden before and how best to tackle it this time around.
 
Seeing the rider's mind ticking over, Noin gave a soft smile. She was happy with her choice of rider for the jump off. “You and Shinigami will do just fine, Heero.”
 
I hope so,” Heero muttered.
 
That horse of yours is very talented, he never ceases to amaze with his jumping potential. All I want you to do is go out there and give it your best shot. I don't care if you knock everything down, which I highly doubt you will, just as long as you try your best I'll be satisfied. Heero, it's a really big achievement to finish in the top ten. To be in the medals is the icing on the cake. I know you will do your best and that is all anyone can ask. I'm proud of you, proud of this team and I know that everyone back home in Australia is also proud of you all. Now, let's show the world just how good we Aussies are.”
 
Heero nodded, feeling the familiar adrenaline rush starting to course through his veins. He was keen and eager to get out there and give this jump off all he had. The pep talk from Noin had done its job, easing his nerves and boosting his self confidence. The pair exited the arena, Heero aiming for Duo and his horse.
 
Well?” demanded Duo as soon as Heero reached him. “What's the jump off course like?”
 
Tricky and hard,” Heero replied as he checked Shini's girth and pulled his stirrups back down.
 
Tricky and hard? What sort of an explanation is that?” Duo was on the edge, his nerves almost frayed with the tension.
 
Taking pity on his lover, Heero turned and began to explain. “The jump off course consists of jumps one, two, ten, twelve, thirteen and fourteen. I'm betting it will be won or lost on the turn from two to ten and ten to twelve.”
 
Duo ran the course plan through his head and gave a low whistle. “That does sound tricky.”
 
I plan to try and turn Shini on the inside of jump thirteen. It won't give a whole lot of room before we get to jump ten, but I'm pretty sure he can handle it. I'll also try for a short track from ten to twelve.”
 
All I can say is good luck with it,” Duo replied. It was a little hard for him to follow without being able to actually see the jumps.
 
I'd better finish warming up,” said Heero as he took the reins from Duo.
 
What is the order for jumping?” asked Duo as he held Shini still for Heero to mount.
 
 
The Swedish and American riders will be going first as they're jumping off for the bronze. The British rider will jump before me as we are still going in order of the draw.”
 
Guess that's gotta be good for you then, you'll be jumping last.”
 
Heero smiled. “I couldn't have asked for it to have worked out any better. At least I will know what I have to beat.”
 
You're going to be just great, Heero. I have a really good feeling about this.”
 
I won't be anything if I don't finish warming up,” Heero chuckled.
 
Okay, I get the message.” Duo moved to the side of the warm up area and let Heero get on with loosening Shinigami up. He took the chance to have a look at the other riders warming up and see if he could remember how they had gone in their respective rounds and thus gauge Heero's chances.
 
He recognized the British rider as being the only one of that team to have gone clear. He guessed that made sense.
 
Not contemplating on how to nobble the competition are you?”
 
Duo jumped about six foot into the air as the voice broke into his thoughts. He whirled around to see Zechs standing there, a wide grin on his face. “Only you, Zechs, would come out with something so unsportsmanlike as that,” Duo sniffed. Then his eyes glinted and he moved closer to Zechs and whispered. “Why? You got something in mind, have you?”
 
Zechs looked suitably appalled. “Duo! I would never-” Seeing the twinkle in those violet eyes, Zechs knew he'd been had. “We don't need to nobble the opposition anyway, Heero's good enough to win.”
 
You know that, I know that and so does the rest of the team, I just wish Heero knew it,” Duo sighed.
 
Ah. He's having a touch of the 'I'm not good enough' syndrome is he?”
 
Not just a touch, more like a bloody great bath tub full!”
 
He'll be fine once he gets out there, Duo.”
 
Oh? Since when did you become the all knowing and wise?”
 
Since I began dating Treize.”
 
Duo shook his head.
 
* * *
 
The riders jumping off for the bronze medal were to compete first and would go in the same order as their countries had jumped in. That meant the Swedish rider was the first to go over the jump off course. Heero had warmed Shinigami up and the gray was more than ready for his turn. That instilled a little more confidence in Heero. Wanting to see how the two riders vying for the bronze went and how the course rode, Heero took Joe up on his offer to walk Shini around so both Heero and Duo could watch the two riders.
 
They found their places amongst the rest of their team members in the allocated area for competitors and their support staff just as the Swedish rider entered the arena. The applause died down and the arena went silent. The rider saluted the judge and began to canter towards the start flags. The bell went and they were on their way.
 
The beam broke as they shot through the start flags and the electronic clock began to count down the seconds.
 
The pair sailed over the first jump easily enough and made the sweeping turn to jump two. The jumps had not been raised or widened, remaining the same height and width they had been for the second round of competition. This jump off round would be a true test of speed, skill and stamina.
 
Landing clean over jump two, the Swede opted to go for the longer route to jump ten and passed on the outside of jump thirteen. It took more time but the horse was full of impulsion coming into the jump and cleared it easily.
 
Now came the real test.
 
The Swede had one eye on part A of jump twelve and the other on how far he was going to ride before turning his horse for the treble. Having made his mind up, the Swede turned and applied his leg, pushing his horse together and building the impulsion.
 
It's going to be a slow time,” Treize muttered.
 
Ah, but he's aiming for clear,” came Zoe's reply.
 
The brown horse suddenly bounded forward and leapt into the air over part A. They landed safely and rode towards part B. That was barely cleared, the horse having a few problems with the width but all the poles remained in their cups. Another stride and they were launching into the air again, the brown pushing off as hard as he could and stretching to make the width. It was a little too wide and the horse didn't have quite enough energy left. His hind legs scraped over and rolled the top pole from its cups, the pole happily bouncing to the ground.
 
A collective groan went up from the crowd.
 
Gathering himself together, the rider checked his horse and re-balanced the animal, settling once again and approaching jump thirteen. They managed to get over that, dislodging a couple of bricks and leaving them teetering on the edge but they didn't fall. All that lay ahead now was the gate and the Swede seemed to relax; which wasn't a good idea.
 
The horse lost some of his impulsion and he caught the gate with his forelegs, knocking it to the ground. They galloped through the finish and stopped the clock.
 
Eight penalties in a time of 45:23 for Hans Reicker riding Sandman,” the commentator announced.
 
The crowd all applauded and cheered as the rider and horse left the arena.
 
Our next rider in the jump off for the bronze medal is John Burrow riding Graduate for the United States of America.”
 
Once more the crowd cheered as a determined looking rider entered the arena. He saluted the judge, collected his horse and made his way towards the start. The spectators fell silent as the bell rang and the American broke the electronic timer.
 
They started out at a steady pace, jump one being cleared easily. Heero watched intently as the current rider kept a firm contact with his horse, riding the animal forward but maintaining the impulsion and keeping the horse between hand and leg.
 
Jump two was also cleared, the rider sitting deep in his saddle and shortening his horse's stride quickly, enabling them to make the turn inside jump thirteen and saving valuable time; not that time would be an issue, all the American had to do was finish the jump off course with less than eight penalties and he would secure the bronze medal for his country.
 
They flew over jump ten, riding forward until John deemed he was far enough away from twelve to make the turn and give his horse enough of a run up to the jump to clear all three elements.
 
The crowd all held their breath as horse and rider cleared the first element. Re-balancing and riding forward, John gave his horse every opportunity to clear the second element. The horse sailed over cleanly and landed again, hind legs pushing forth as they rose into the air again for the third element.
 
It proved to be just a little too wide for the pair and the horse caught the pole with his back legs, sending it rolling out of the cups and to the ground. The crowd all groaned in sympathy.
 
He can't afford to make any more mistakes,” Treize said.
 
No, not if he wants that medal,” Heero agreed.
 
John wasn't about to let that medal slip away. He collected himself and his horse together, put the fallen pole behind him and rode with all he had for jump thirteen. They cleared the wall and were on track for the final fence; the gate. John didn't make the same mistake the Swede had; he kept his concentration and remained focused on the final jump. His horse gave a huge leap and sailed over it, landing on the other side and springing forward into a gallop as his rider urged him for the finish flags. They passed through safely and stopped the clock.
 
Ladies and gentlemen. John Burrow on Graduate has secured the bronze medal for America! A total of four faults and a time of 42.08!”
 
The sound of applause and cheering was almost deafening.
 
I'd better get moving,” Heero announced as the commentator informed everyone there would be a fifteen minute break for the judge to check the course before the jump off for the gold medal would take place.
 
I'll come with you,” Duo said and stood up to follow his lover out to the warm up area where Joe was waiting with Shinigami.
 
Good luck, Heero. You can do this, just remain calm and ride like you did in your last round,” Treize said quietly.
 
Heero nodded, his stomach was already alive with migrating butterflies and he felt a little sick too.
 
I'll be out with you in a minute, Heero,” Noin informed the rider.
 
Okay.”
 
With Duo by his side, Heero left the arena to get his horse and finish warming up for what was going to be the round of his life.
 
~ * ~
 
tbc...