Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gone In 60 Seconds ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
26 Dec 2000
revised 31 Dec 2000

Type : epic, fusion, AU
Teaser: Legendary car booster Heero Yuy thought he'd left the fast lane behind -- until he is forced out of retirement in a do-or-die effort to save his kid sister from the wrath of an evil monster! But with speed to burn and attitude to spare, Heero hastily re-assembles his old crew and floors it in a full throttle race to pull off the ultimate car heist: 50 exotic beauties in 24 hours -- and the cops are already on to them!
Spoilers : Gone In 60 Seconds 2000 version
Warnings : language
Pairings : 1+2, 3+4, 6+9
Rating : PG-13
Disclaimer : I don't own anything. I am poor... want a nickle?
Feedback : Please please please!!!!





Gone In 60 Seconds by Willow
Chapter One: Boost Gone Bad


Sunday 11:58 P.M.

"Corner of Wiltern and Weatherly," Dory said, leaning up to the front seat to look for the car. "Tumbler messed up. He said the Porsche'd be at the corner of Wiltern and Weatherly."

"It's right there," Relena said, pointing at the car in the showroom with her cigarette. A new silver Porsche sat spinning on a show stand, begging to be boosted.

"You're bullshittin' me, right?" Wufei asked sardonically. "9024 Wiltern?"

Dory looked around, then spotted the revolving beauty. "What? That?"

Relena grinned. "Yeah, that." She ground the butt into the ashtray. "I gotta get my tool." She opened the door and stepped out.

"Len!" Dory yelped.

"She ain't bullshittin'!" Wufei said, grinning. Oh the justice, steal from the rich and give to the.... well not poor, but hell, who cared.

Relena walked around to the back of her black Pontiac Firebird and opened the trunk. She reached in and fumbled with a few items before choosing her tool.

"Len! That's not a tool," Wufei chided, climbing out of the car. "That's a damn brick!"

Relena ignored the Chinese boy and continued walking. Her face was set in a grim line. 'Let's boost this baby,' she thought, approaching the glass window.

"Len, we gonna use a brick! Man, we might as well call a prison and make reservations," Wufei growled, following the obviously insane girl, who just kept on walking.

Len reached back and tossed the brick at the glass door.

"Ah, c'mon!" Fei groaned as the brick sailed through the air at its target.

The glass shattered in a cloud of shining fragments and instantly the alarm was wailing. Still, Relena stalked forward, eyes taking in the shining beauty. 'Hey, baby,' she thought.

"Get the number!" Relena said to Fei, who was still standing in the shattered doorframe looking about him piteously.

Taking his cue, Fei stalked forward muttering something about onnas, bricks, and cars. He read the number off, "42850. Hurry up, onna!"

Len popped the cover on the key outlet and raffled through the numbers.

"Onna, let's go!" Fei yelled, waiting impatiently beside the car, his foot tapping madly.

Grabbing the key, Len ran back to the car. "Keep your britches on."

"Let's get the hell outta here," Fei said. Turning to the girl in the driver's seat he grumbled. "Ok, Billy Badass, you got us in here. Now tell me how the hell we gonna get out."

"Easy," she grinned, revving the engine and driving off the show block. She stopped in front of the window.

"Oh, no. I know you ain't gonna do what I think you're gonna do," Fei groaned, sinking into his seat. Relena put the car in reverse. "Oh, man!"

Grinning from ear to ear, Relena press the gas to the floor sending the car flying out the showroom window.

"This ain't The Dukes of Hazard!" Fei yelled as the glass shattered around them.

They hit the street, tires squealing, pedal to the floor. Dory picked up her cue and sped out of the vicinity with the Firebird, Relena in the Porsche 911 Turbo hot on her heels. Dory detoured and made way to the warehouse.

Tires screeched as passing cars reacted to their abrupt arrival on the roadway, swerving to avoid an accident.

Relena held the pedal to the floor and laughed, "Got'er!"




----------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------



Tumbler sat in the warehouse, bored. He bounced the tennis ball against the wall, occupying himself as Quatre sat on his damned computer and hacked the D.M.V.

Grinning, he turned to Quatre, "Yo, so check out my new move. I call it 'The Stranger.' What I do is, I sit on my hand for like 15, 20 minutes until it goes numb, no feeling at all."

Atley shook his head in exasperation.

"And then.... I rub one out," Tumbler concluded proudly.

"The Stranger, huh?" Quatre asked with mock enthusiasm.

Atley spread his arms, tilting his head up slightly in superiority. "It's like a little boys' nursery school I've come upon here."

Both boys looked at him in irritation.

"Where are they?" he asked, knowing full and well where they were. Not here.




--------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------



Relena stopped at a red light. She looked over into the next car. A girl riding with her man. Smirking, she called out to them. "Hey!"

They turned to look at her and Wufei growled. "Leave those people alone!"

Ignoring him, Relena grinned at the girl, "Oh, my God. Sweetie, you're so talented."

Fei was getting panicky. "Wha-- Hey, hey. Stolen car. Stolen car!" He gritted though his teeth.

Len just grinned at him. "I know. I know." She turned to the other car again. Her face sweet and innocent she leered at the girl. "Hey, I love you."

The guy nearly jumped out of his seat when his girl smiled back at Len. He revved the engine of his suped up Honda Civic.

In reply, Len revved her engine, grinning from ear to ear. The light turned green and both peeled off, leaving smoking tracks in their wake.

"Man, we goin' to jail, onna!" Fei whined as Len floored it once again.

"C'mon!" Len yelled at the rival car. They came upon traffic, slowing their flight. Dodging slower cars, both vehicles continued their race.

Before she knew it, Relena was coming up on a cop making an arrest. There was nothing she could do to slow down in time. "Damn!" She yelled as the Civic backed off and out of sight. "Fuck!" She slammed her hands on the wheel.

"We have a silver Porsche. Estimated speed: 80 miles per hour," the cop called into dispatch. "Heading west on Wilshire Boulevard."

"Damn, damn, damn, damn, damn!" Len cursed as she picked up a tail or two. Soon enough what seemed like the whole police force was on her tail. "Fuck, shit!" She yelled as she spotted the air units coming in.




----------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------



On. Off. On. Off. On. Off. On. Atley leaned into the doorway, watching Tumbler play with the black light. "Something wrong, Tumbler?"

"Yeah, I'm missing Jerry Springer," he replied cynically. A horn honking drew their attention. Tumbler's eyes went wide and he jumped off the car he was lazing on. "Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!" He said bouncing his way to the garage door switch. "That's right, that's right, that's right, that's right!" He crooned, clapping.

The silver Porsche 911 Turbo pulled in and the door shut behind it.

"Haha! What's up, old man?" Wufei smirked at Atley as he climber out of the car.

Atley eyed the 911 appreciatively, "She'll go zero to 60 in 5.2 seconds."

Eyes wide, Fei nodded rapidly, "Believe me, I can vouch for that."

"Thirteen down, thirty-seven to go," Quatre said, grinning happily.

Sirens alerted them to their guests. "What the hell is that?" Fei asked as lights illuminated the dark warehouse.

"What is that, man?" Quatre asked, looking around in question.

"Now you've gone and done it, Yuy," Atley said to Relena with a groan. He turned to the rest of the crew. "Tumbler! Get the board and get the lights!"

"I got it, I got it!" Tumbler yelled back, grabbing the black light as Fei tried to erase the board.

"This is bullshit. It's not coming off!" He yelled, scrubbing at the list.

"Keys! Get the keys!" Atley yelled and they all scrambled to get the keys from the cars.

"I got'em. I got'em!" Someone yelled.

Wufei tackled the car closest to him.

"C'mon, everybody! Let's go! Hurry up!"

"I got it!" Fei yelled, racing away from the car.

"Let's go!" Atley continued to yell. "Quatre, get it! Let's go, boys!"

Tumbler pocketed his keys then scrambled to get the light. "C'mon, c'mon! I got the light!"

"Go, go, go!" Atley yelled as they scrambled to vacate the building.

"Let's go!" Relena yelled, following the rest out.

"Shit!" Tumbler yelled as the black light connected with the gate, shattering into a million pieces.

It was a frantic race, all running at break-neck speed to escape....




---------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------



Police were scanning everywhere inside for clues when Zechs pulled up in his Lexus AS 400.

Stepping out of the car, he called to his partner, "What do we got?"

Noin shook her head. "All gone. We didn't get a single one of 'em. And we are talking about professionals. No visible damage to locking mechanisms, steering columns or ignitions. And, as you can see, these are not Honda Civics." She said as the walked through the warehouse. She stopped pick a particularly expensive car. "This is one of three brand-new Mercedes, a car they *say* is unstealable." She looked back at Zechs.

"Yeah, unless you get the laser-cut transponder key sent directly to the U.S. dealer from Hamburg," Zechs said, glancing over the pricey lift.

"They got somebody working on the inside," Noin replied, eyeballing the leather interior.

Leaning down for a better look, Zechs said, "Find out which dealership sold them, serviced them, etc., etc."

"Yeah," she sighed, "I'll get on it." Noin began to walk off to tackle the job when Zechs spoke again.

"Noin?"

"Yeah?"

"Let's impound these cars for one month. I don't give a damn if they belong to Tom Cruise."

Holding back a smile, she walked off to give orders.

Zechs went about trying to find some evidence to affirm his suspicions. Crunching glass beneath his foot drew his attention. Leaning down he swept a sample into a envelope for testing.




------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------

End Chapter 1: Boost Gone Bad

Notes:
(1) A boost is basically stealing a car, but usually on a grander scale. Boosting a car is NOT simple car theft. The car is not damaged in the theft (not purposefully at least) and usually is going to a buyer.
(2) Um, Relena is Heero's sister in this. What better way to keep her out of the Heero/Duo thing ^_^ Sides she fits so well ^_^
(3) The cars are really the ones in the movie. My bro helped me with the ones I couldn't figure out. Like the Lexus (not even my father could tell me that'un, says it's ugly and not good enough to remember *shrugs*). My fave we'll get to later. I also used it in another fic. If you've seen this movie you'll see what I'm doin', but otherwise, enjoy the ride.
(4) There are gonna be something like 30 parts. And if I edit it like I want to it's gonna have lemon ^_^

Willow -- Please send feedback to the author at: xxacidburnxx_1x2@yahoo.com